Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2768911 times)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #61040 on: May 12, 2021, 03:29:50 pm »
Week 1 CBS games:
◻️ Jaguars at Texans, 1 PM ET
◻️  Steelers at Bills, 1 PM ET
◻️  Jets at Panthers, 1 PM ET
◻️  Cardinals at Titans, 1 PM ET
◻️  Chargers at Washington, 1 PM ET
◻️  Browns at Chiefs, 4:25 ET
◻️  Dolphins at Patriots, 4:25 ET

Week 1 FOX games:
◻️ Vikings at Bengals, 1 PM ET
◻️ 49ers at Lions, 1 PM ET
◻️ Eagles at Falcons, 1 PM ET
◻️ Seahawks at Colts, 1 PM ET
◻️ Broncos at Giants, 4:25 PM ET
◻️ Packers at Saints, 4:25 PM ET

MNF:
◻️ Ravens at Raiders

(H/T @FieldYates)

Sam Darnold starting week 1 against the Jets.
#Sausages

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61041 on: May 12, 2021, 03:36:27 pm »
Week 1 CBS games:

Week 1 FOX games:

MNF:
◻️ Ravens at Raiders

(H/T @FieldYates)
These are the stand outs for me.

I am not sure why everyone is so down on the Saints this year. They looked good without Brees last year.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61042 on: May 12, 2021, 03:46:25 pm »
Jags Dolphins could be good. Depending on how Lawrence is playing.

been to see the jags once, and that once is enough for me.

the only way I'd go see them again is if they were playing the bucs. might as well say I've watched brady live before he hangs it up at the age of 57.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61043 on: May 12, 2021, 04:20:24 pm »
I have registered interest for Miami v Jags, 2 years ago i would have swerved both games actively but a year and a half of nothing, not taking anything for granted anymore

Done the same. Might be harder to get a ticket this year with only 2 games.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61044 on: May 12, 2021, 04:20:54 pm »
Done the same. Might be harder to get a ticket this year with only 2 games.
Why are there only 2?

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61045 on: May 12, 2021, 04:25:08 pm »
Why are there only 2?

Not sure. Not sure why they've not put a couple at Wembley too.
I'm sure they won't be doing the proposed two games if COVID restricts a full crowd anyway.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61046 on: May 12, 2021, 04:28:02 pm »
probably covid-related. though there was some talk of them wanting 2 UK (though teams can arrange more if they want to apparently) 1 mexico city and 1 'other'

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61047 on: May 12, 2021, 06:06:47 pm »
Normally the Bucs play at Wembley once a year, seems they're not playing their this year
#Sausages

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61048 on: May 12, 2021, 08:41:31 pm »
Week 1 CBS games:

Week 1 FOX games:

MNF:
◻️ Ravens at Raiders

(H/T @FieldYates)

Bears @ Rams being the SNF game on NBC

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61049 on: May 13, 2021, 01:32:04 am »
SNF in week 4 is Bucs @ Pats
#Sausages

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #61050 on: May 13, 2021, 08:07:43 am »
Actually a dolphins fan so want to go, defo gonna be pain hole get tickets though. Ugh. Even already booked a flight for first time in 18 months for it!
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #61051 on: May 13, 2021, 10:19:22 am »
How do you buy tickets for NFL games in the US?

I want to buy Browns tickets for their 21st Nov game. I signed up to tocketmaster, can select the seats but when I go to my basket/next it stops me.

What is the best way to do this? Also as I live in the UK how do you receive them? Would they post to here or could you collect at the stadium?

Online swoopy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61052 on: May 13, 2021, 10:51:20 am »
How do you buy tickets for NFL games in the US?

I want to buy Browns tickets for their 21st Nov game. I signed up to tocketmaster, can select the seats but when I go to my basket/next it stops me.

What is the best way to do this? Also as I live in the UK how do you receive them? Would they post to here or could you collect at the stadium?

What's the error you're getting? Maybe try a different browser?
Looks like you just get them from here:
https://www.ticketmaster.com/cleveland-browns-vs-detroit-lions-cleveland-ohio-11-21-2021/event/05005A88CEA012F7
Just tried it from my US Ticketmaster Account and no issues getting them into the basket and proceeding.

It's all mobile tickets. You need to download the Ticketmaster US app and open it outside the ground which gave me 2x QR codes to show to get access. Everyone had to do this (there was free wifi outside the ground).

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #61053 on: May 13, 2021, 12:19:21 pm »
Bucs @ Pats tickets start from $1.150 a ticket, which is not surprising, sometimes it's best looking closer to the game date depending how teams are playing at the time.

You can get NFL tickets from this site too

https://www.vividseats.com/nfl/
#Sausages

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #61054 on: May 13, 2021, 01:38:39 pm »
What's the error you're getting? Maybe try a different browser?
Looks like you just get them from here:
https://www.ticketmaster.com/cleveland-browns-vs-detroit-lions-cleveland-ohio-11-21-2021/event/05005A88CEA012F7
Just tried it from my US Ticketmaster Account and no issues getting them into the basket and proceeding.

It's all mobile tickets. You need to download the Ticketmaster US app and open it outside the ground which gave me 2x QR codes to show to get access. Everyone had to do this (there was free wifi outside the ground).

I was using Chrome on Windows PC. But I have just tried your link via my phone and it works!!

Thanks!

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #61055 on: May 29, 2021, 06:05:12 am »
julio on the market, pats favourties at this time - damn, if he goes there, you gotta feel they're gonna make a mark with the roster they've built (why the fuck they didn't do that for brady, fuck knows), rams appear very interested too

anyone who can afford him should be interested, it's been muted he could go for as low as a 3rd pick! didn't belichick get randy moss for that........

btw, not very fucking cool for shannon sharpe to do that shit live on air over the phone without letting julio know they were on air, i wouldn't like that shit in ordinary life let alone in that kind of situation
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #61056 on: May 29, 2021, 06:08:09 am »
julio on the market, pats favourties at this time - damn, if he goes there, you gotta feel they're gonna make a mark with the roster they've built (why the fuck they didn't do that for brady, fuck knows), rams appear very interested too

anyone who can afford him should be interested, it's been muted he could go for as low as a 3rd pick! didn't belichick get randy moss for that........

btw, not very fucking cool for shannon sharpe to do that shit live on air over the phone without letting julio know they were on air, i wouldn't like that shit in ordinary life let alone in that kind of situation
They legit didnt have the money at the time Brady left.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #61057 on: May 29, 2021, 11:46:41 am »

No way Julio & his agent didn’t know. It was a set-up & they got their message out. I’d like him at the Raiders, but doubt we can afford him.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61058 on: May 29, 2021, 11:48:08 am »
I can't help but have my suspicions about that whole phone call thing.

The show is live right? So what would have happened if he'd answered and been all "hey what's up ya c*nt?"

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #61059 on: May 29, 2021, 02:49:15 pm »
Yes it is live and of course Julio knew about it!

I'd love Julio at the Pats he is just what we need. Though he's favoured to go to the Titans. But I'd offer N'Keal Harry and a couple of picks for him. Though they'd probably want Gilmore. I'd be reluctant to give up Gilmore for Julio though I may do it. But we need to definitely pick up the phone to the Falcons and register our interest!

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61060 on: May 29, 2021, 06:04:00 pm »
Yes it is live and of course Julio knew about it!

I'd love Julio at the Pats he is just what we need. Though he's favoured to go to the Titans. But I'd offer N'Keal Harry and a couple of picks for him. Though they'd probably want Gilmore. I'd be reluctant to give up Gilmore for Julio though I may do it. But we need to definitely pick up the phone to the Falcons and register our interest!

That’s fine from the Pats perspective but why would the Falcons want to take on your total bust of a first round pick? Especially when receiver is the strong point of their team even if Julio leaves!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 06:09:20 pm by Rosario »

Offline PatriotScouser

• Legacy Fan
  • I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
« Reply #61061 on: May 29, 2021, 07:16:49 pm »
According to a GilletteNation source, the Patriots have offered RB Sony Michel and a 1st round pick to the Atlanta Falcons for WR Julio Jones and a 4th round pick  :o Hope it is true  ;D

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61062 on: May 30, 2021, 08:27:15 am »
Didn’t Michel struggle to get reps last season?

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #61063 on: June 2, 2021, 11:37:47 pm »
No way Julio & his agent didn’t know. It was a set-up & they got their message out. I’d like him at the Raiders, but doubt we can afford him.

per mcafee show

“They did not know. FOX, Julio, nobody knew that was happening and that is why we have seen the actions out of FOX we have seen with the content since it happened. It has not been re-posted, it ended abruptly, there was no follow-up questions, there was no nothing on FOX. Everybody else has talked about it, they have not.”

now you could argue his source is shite (mcafee said it was a source, not personal opinion) - but what he says is true, FOX had a huge scoop there but never went back to it or made anything of it at all apart from the live call? no way, any network that landed that would've milked the fuck out of it
« Last Edit: June 2, 2021, 11:39:45 pm by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #61064 on: June 6, 2021, 04:46:43 pm »
Julio Jones to the Titans for at least a 2nd round pick

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61065 on: June 6, 2021, 05:08:40 pm »
one player makes the titans receiving group, on paper, infintely better than it was.

as long as he's fit obviously

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #61066 on: June 6, 2021, 06:17:20 pm »
I'm not sure taking on a 32 year old injury-prone wide receiver on a bumper contract is a very wise move but on the other hand the Titans have only had one game plan in the past couple of years so diversifying tactics a bit probably can't hurt. All this aside, since they have a winable division at least they could have another chance to go to the AFC Championship if everything falls their way but I really feel both they and the Colts are a QB away from serious contention and regardless of whether they'd travel to KC, Buffalo or Baltimore in the playoffs I think they'd get beat. I just can't see any team from the AFC South really going to the Super Bowl. There's zero doubts who's the best QB in that division and he's stuck on a junk team battling legal issues...
Linudden.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61067 on: June 6, 2021, 06:56:41 pm »
I'm not sure taking on a 32 year old injury-prone wide receiver

Injury prone? That's recency bias, surely.

The guy's played 13 regular games or more (plus postseason, sometimes) in 8 out of his 10 NFL seasons (the two being last season, and seven years ago in 2013).  Same in his 3 college seasons.

All this aside, since they have a winable division at least they could have another chance to go to the AFC Championship if everything falls their way but I really feel both they and the Colts are a QB away from serious contention and regardless of whether they'd travel to KC, Buffalo or Baltimore in the playoffs I think they'd get beat. I just can't see any team from the AFC South really going to the Super Bowl. There's zero doubts who's the best QB in that division and he's stuck on a junk team battling legal issues...

Think that's a little overly down on Tannehill personally, he's had a very good time with the Titans

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61068 on: June 6, 2021, 08:55:56 pm »
Titans issues last year was more defense was insanely bad and some coaching errors. Getting Julio can give then a monster offense have concerns about an OC change though

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #61069 on: June 7, 2021, 08:36:46 am »
I think, if nothing else, the Titans are going to be alot of fun to watch this year.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #61070 on: June 7, 2021, 08:49:27 am »
Given Jones trade value ended up being a 2nd and a4th, I'm surprised the 49ers and Shanahan didn't push harder for him. Jones was brilliant in Shananhan's system in Atlanta.

Maybe the trade for Lance and losing future 1st round picks made this deal harder to do. Maybe it's the cap hit and impact on potential future extensions for Warner, Samuel and Bosa.

Whatever the reason, it doesn't look like the 49ers FO are pushing all the chips onto the table to win now.Maybe they think they can win now and still build for the future. I think a lot of that may depend on how their young WR group progresses (Ayuik, Samuel and Jalen Hurd).

Titans will be really interesting going forward. Absolute dynamite in certain positions but Q marks about them overall. In the AFC South I think the Colts may still have the more solid roster but Jones going to the Titans makes them a very dangerous proposition in the AFC South and the AFC overall.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61071 on: June 8, 2021, 03:09:21 pm »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #61072 on: June 8, 2021, 03:57:44 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline potatomato33

• Combat Carl
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61073 on: June 8, 2021, 04:20:56 pm »
How fucking phenomenal is that?

:lmao

This guy is the smartest man in the NFL. Good enough to get multiple multi-million dollar contracts, but tones it down once he's on a hot streak so he doesn't have to play much each season. He is my hero.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #61074 on: June 8, 2021, 07:39:05 pm »
Hey lads, send me a PM if you are interested in a start up dynasty league - we are doing another one this year.   Anywhere from 8-10 teams - and some fun people associated with RAWK
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #61075 on: June 8, 2021, 07:41:53 pm »
If you've missed Claus/something worse (or whatever his name was), NFL Fantasy is where you can be united with your beloved friend. And if you hate him, NFL Fantasy is the way to go as well, because we're making fun of him all the time... ;D

Edit: Wait... That's for a new dynasty league? Nah... Get in touch with Trend, if you want to be in a Guillotine league with some colourful characters. It's way less complicated than it sounds...
« Last Edit: June 8, 2021, 07:43:31 pm by stoa »

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #61076 on: June 10, 2021, 01:26:41 pm »
Rodgers:

Stays or Goes?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61077 on: June 10, 2021, 01:30:44 pm »
Stays one more season I think

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #61078 on: June 10, 2021, 01:36:33 pm »
For this season he either plays in green bay or nowhere.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61079 on: June 10, 2021, 02:23:27 pm »
Stays. No-one has the draft capital anymore to entice Green Bay. There would have to be a package of incoming players that would weaken his new team significantly if bidders were to go down that route. The Packers may as well sack their GM if that’s what Rodgers truly wants.