Author Topic: Brexit Burnley away Weds 19th 20:15  (Read 21757 times)

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Brexit Burnley away Weds 19th 20:15
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2021, 01:34:21 pm »
Only realized Kabak is out for the rest of the season. You really couldn't make it up this year  :lmao

Getting 4th with all those injuries will be an amazing achievement
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2021, 01:42:01 pm »
They should only have about 5.5k(the lower of 10k or 25% of capacity). They'll be enthusiastic but I don't think it will be a wall of noise.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2021, 02:11:16 pm »
Referee: Chris Kavanagh.
Assistants: Dan Cook, Sian Massey-Ellis.
Fourth official: Jonathan Moss.
VAR: Paul Tierney.
Assistant VAR: Simon Bennett.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2021, 02:24:20 pm »
They should only have about 5.5k(the lower of 10k or 25% of capacity). They'll be enthusiastic but I don't think it will be a wall of noise.

It’s actually only 3,500 they’re allowed on Wednesday night.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/content/dyche-fans-back-will-give-us-a-lift

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2021, 02:24:37 pm »
Referee: Chris Kavanagh.
Assistants: Dan Cook, Sian Massey-Ellis.
Fourth official: Jonathan Moss.
VAR: Paul Tierney.
Assistant VAR: Simon Bennett.

Kavanagh, Moss and Tierney? you can't make this shit up.

I really wish Sian Massey-Ellis would change her mind and become a ref

It’s actually only 3,500 they’re allowed on Wednesday night.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/content/dyche-fans-back-will-give-us-a-lift

Its still 3,500 backing them though, you could see the difference to us when we had 2,000 in Anfield.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2021, 02:25:26 pm »
Think we need to go with the classic big man-little man combo up front and fire cross after cross into the box.
Hence, this formation should do the trick:

Adrian

Nico ---- Nat --- Williams --- Milly

Trent --- Fab --- Thiago ---- Robbo

Shaq ---- Ali

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2021, 02:27:34 pm »
Are we a better team than them? Yes by far.
Would we rather play another team at this stage? Don't think so.
Will we create chanceS? Yes.
Will we take the chanceS we create? Not sure but if we do the next question is irrelevant.
Will we keep a clean sheet? Unlikely so no point worrying about it.
Will it go to the final day? Yes regardless of the result. Scroll back 10 pages on the Top four thread and assess our mood then. Taking it to the final day is incredible.

RELAX LADS. If we can convert more chances, we'll be fine.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 02:30:10 pm by MonsLibpool »

Online Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2021, 02:27:43 pm »
0-1, Alisson with the winner

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2021, 02:37:25 pm »
0-1, Alisson with the winner
Fair enough. Would be nice for some others to get a goal though... :P

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2021, 07:30:17 pm »
Nailed on nerve wrangles, lethargic, no real confidence and the usual flap and panic when the ball gets in our box. Corners will be the usual defcon 1 of panic-panic fart bubbles.

Not sure what the team will be like. Hope they cope better than me.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2021, 07:35:00 pm »
Worried about this one. Fans back in the stands. Has Williams ever played in front of a crowd before?

Could go any which way this, if only we had some sort of senior CB available.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2021, 07:46:18 pm »
In all seriousness I hope Klopp brings Fabinho back alongside Nat. If Milner is back, then the midfield picks itself. Rhys is incredibly inexperienced and if journeymen like Robson-Kanu can give him a torrid time then I dread to think what Barnes and Wood, who are more than decent, will be able to do.

That being said, we're going to create chances. It's up to the forwards whether they put in a United away-esque performance with clinical finishing or a WBA away-esque clown show where they literally won't be able to tap the ball in from three yards. I'm excluding Salah because he's carrying the attack at the moment. Hopefully Alisson's goal will be looked back as the defining moment in these closing stages of the season. It can't have been for nothing. Everyone has to step up now.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2021, 07:47:06 pm »
If the events of yesterday don't inspire our lads to go and thump these Brexit voting neanderthals then they don't deserve top 4. But thankfully I don't think the presence of 3,500 of Burnley's finest will make a bit of difference. Just do the job and get the fuck out of there, sharp. Yeah it's a bit huff and puff at the moment but we're doing what we need to, and as long as Thiago and Fab stay together in midfield we'll be fine. I'd absolutely put Jones in from the start as well, as Gini will be chased down too easily when he's doing his little pirouettes in midfield instead of shifting the ball at speed. No room for sentiment, give him a cameo at Anfield in front of the fans.

It'll no doubt be ugly because they'll want to fuck things up for us, but a hard, fast start and relentless pressing will soon have their lads blowing out of their arses and reaching for the teletext holidays. If we start right we'll batter them, the first 20 is crucial. Up the fucking reds.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2021, 07:50:27 pm »
What is up with Alisson?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2021, 07:51:54 pm »
What is up with Alisson?

He's teaching Firmino how to finish
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2021, 07:53:24 pm »
Another tough game and they will have the advantage of playing in front of some fans which will be a boost.

If we give them a sniff and start slowly it's going to be tough. We need to start dominating from the start which is why if Milner was fit I would play him as he does normally get stuck in.

Simple really but if we take our chances we should win. Doubt we will keep a clean sheet though so the attack needs to do it's job.

Can't believe it but I will be shitting it - playing Burnley.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2021, 08:00:43 pm »
If we don't qualify for the Champions League, we've only got ourselves to blame.

I'd rather we don't qualify and strengthen the squad than qualify and paper the cracks.

Qualify and strengthen the squad would be the preferred option, of course. But I'm a bit worried that we'll qualify and FSG will think everything's okay.

We need to be constantly rebuilding and bringing in young players. I'm a bit worried we'll qualify and rest on our laurels.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2021, 08:08:22 pm »
What is up with Alisson?
Dunno mate. He's not up to it really. We really need a twenty goals a year goalie.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2021, 08:25:11 pm »
If we don't qualify for the Champions League, we've only got ourselves to blame.

I'd rather we don't qualify and strengthen the squad than qualify and paper the cracks.

Qualify and strengthen the squad would be the preferred option, of course. But I'm a bit worried that we'll qualify and FSG will think everything's okay.

We need to be constantly rebuilding and bringing in young players. I'm a bit worried we'll qualify and rest on our laurels.

Not qualifying isn't going to make FSG spend 100 million on Mbappe. It will make it more difficult to attract players and to keep some players.

"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2021, 08:29:54 pm »
Can we play Kelleher in goal and Alisson up front please?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2021, 08:50:00 pm »

Don't see our lads being intimidated by chants of "Happy place, Happy place, Turf Moor, Turf Moor" repeated ad nauseum do you?
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2021, 09:07:54 pm »
Not qualifying isn't going to make FSG spend 100 million on Mbappe. It will make it more difficult to attract players and to keep some players.

And if we qualify they'll think we can win the league playing midfielders at centre half.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2021, 09:51:13 pm »
Bobby's got a couple the previous game against some pub team. Alisson was just singing to him "Anything you can do I can do better". And he did it against a better team.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2021, 10:05:52 pm »
Someone mentioned it earlier and the key is to take our chances.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2021, 12:53:30 am »
Fabinho didn't have much to do v WBA as they bypassed the midfield to attack our inexperienced players. I expect the same from Burnley, so can see the logic in moving Fab back there, as we did at the end of the West Brom game.
It's often been pointed out what we lose in midfield with Fab at cb, but I think this is a game where we can afford to go with Thiago, Gini and Milner there. That's enough experience to deal with whatever Burnley attempt in midfield.
Still, no problems if we keep faith with Williams. He's going to win more in the air than Fabinho probably. I'd just rather have a more experienced player marking Wood/Barnes/Vedra/Rodriguez. Fabinho's more likely to lose the first ball, but is more likely to be in the right place for the second ball.

On another note, loving the way Trent and Thiago have stepped it up in the last few weeks. They're Champions League players who know that's where their team should be playing. Ali too - not just his goal (rather hope he doesn't need to repeat that!) but his work v Southampton especially.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2021, 01:10:13 am »
The defense is the main question mark here. Who do we go for? Do we bring Fab back? I feel like that's only possible if Milly is back. Even then, I'm not a huge fan of moving Fab from his preferred position. But then Rhys and Nat against Woods is also terrifying. Really glad I'm not the one making decisions.

Win by hook or crook. Despite the West Brom heroics, I thought this was going to be the toughest game out of the last three. Here's hoping we get through! Up the Reds!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2021, 01:12:10 am »
If Milly is back, then Fab and Nat will likely pair at CB. Otherwise the team picks itself.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2021, 07:13:24 am »

:lmao
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2021, 07:47:00 am »
If Milly is back, then Fab and Nat will likely pair at CB. Otherwise the team picks itself.

Milner really isn’t ideal as a replacement for Fabinho. I’m not sure a midfield 3 of Gini, Milner and Thiago has the legs we’ll need.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2021, 07:59:44 am »

I really wish Sian Massey-Ellis would change her mind and become a ref

She's decent but has made mistakes like any assistant ref. If she became a ref you'd soon hate her as much as any other ref. And it'd be a shit show on Twatter. It's definitey time we had female refs, but the thought of what the vanguard will have to go through is horrifying.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2021, 08:04:17 am »
Imagine Alisson getting the winner with a 90+ min bicycle kick.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2021, 08:22:32 am »
Its still 3,500 backing them though, you could see the difference to us when we had 2,000 in Anfield.

Their fans are fucking shit. I know first hand.

They’ve got about 2 chants and I’m being generous there.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2021, 08:27:12 am »
Burnley have not won at home since January and are not in good form. Having fans in might help them but I think it will help us too. Even though it’s opposition fans there should Atleast be a bit of noise and atmosphere and I think our lads will thrive once fans are back in.
We ‘should’ win comfortably. I would feel more confident if Jota was fit but surely we have enough to beat these, especially as their season is done now .

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2021, 08:33:00 am »
Burnley have not won at home since January and are not in good form. Having fans in might help them but I think it will help us too. Even though it’s opposition fans there should Atleast be a bit of noise and atmosphere and I think our lads will thrive once fans are back in.
We ‘should’ win comfortably. I would feel more confident if Jota was fit but surely we have enough to beat these, especially as their season is done now .

Liverpool doesn't do 'easy'. West Brom was already relegated and we needed a miracle to secure all three points.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2021, 08:46:54 am »
Liverpool doesn't do 'easy'. West Brom was already relegated and we needed a miracle to secure all three points.
I know, however West Brom players were playing possibly their last ever game against Liverpool and one of their last in the PL. also far Sam desperate to derail us. Burnley are safe so I wouldn’t expect the same intensity from them. I know it won’t be easy but we are in good form really...

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2021, 08:59:25 am »
Burnley are safe so I wouldn’t expect the same intensity from them.

I would agree with that if it wasn't for the fact that they will have fans back in the stadium. Bound to give them a huge lift.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2021, 09:11:27 am »
I would agree with that if it wasn't for the fact that they will have fans back in the stadium. Bound to give them a huge lift.
It'll be an insult to the memory of Ali's dad if we don't qualify now. No one should be outmotivating us now.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2021, 09:13:29 am »
I actually think that will benefit our players too. Yes they will be home fans but I believe their hostility towards our players will help drive them on too. Yes Burnley players will feel pressure to win so if they don’t start well that could work in our favour.

We just need Alisson to continue scoring goals
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 09:15:01 am by JRed »

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2021, 09:13:55 am »
Imagine Alisson getting the winner with a 90+ min bicycle kick.

Can you imagine how much teams will shit themselves if he comes forward now. Appreciate it's not really the match we're talking about but there won't be a single evertonian with dry nickers if he ever comes forward for a corner against them.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2021, 09:17:22 am »
The fear and shame of conceding a headed goal from a keeper (with previous) will drive people into pelanty teritory.
NAKED BOOBERY