Author Topic: Premier League fixtures 7th-13th May  (Read 61264 times)

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Premier League fixtures 7th-10th May
« Reply #640 on: May 9, 2021, 04:02:32 pm »
Yeah Cavani is class. Annoying how it’s worked out for them as it wasn’t some master signing, was a last minute panic buy for a player who had almost joined another team only for it to fall through.

Those type of signings can be invaluable, when they experience and touch of class comes in for 1-2 seasons. Chelsea have done similar with Silva (especially now under Tuchel).

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: May 9, 2021, 04:04:27 pm »
This means they will at least take the leicester game, somewhat seriously.

You reckon? They are playing a shite side against them and saving the best for us ... without sounding like a c*nt, good to see a few walking wounded for United in preparation for Thursday.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: May 9, 2021, 04:11:29 pm »
For once, I actually want to see 90 minutes of Richarlison shithousery now.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: May 9, 2021, 04:12:07 pm »
So are we hoping for a Bitters win?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: May 9, 2021, 04:12:15 pm »
City could have won the league today with only 80 points ffs.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #645 on: May 9, 2021, 04:13:20 pm »
Need Cavani to fuck off

Literally changed their season the minute he walked through the door
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #646 on: May 9, 2021, 04:15:54 pm »
That Watkins yellow for diving means that a precedent has been set and any further simulation in the box from here on by any player from any team means a yellow, right? RIGHT?
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #647 on: May 9, 2021, 04:17:00 pm »
This means they will at least take the leicester game, somewhat seriously.

I think they might as well. If they win their 2 midweek games they will be on 76 points. 4 points behind City with 2 games to go. Be surprised if they don't give it a go. I imagine though they will be fucked on Tuesday and there could be more walking wounded.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Fruity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: May 9, 2021, 04:18:39 pm »
So are we hoping for a Bitters win?

Anything but a West Ham win.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #649 on: May 9, 2021, 04:21:28 pm »
That Watkins yellow for diving means that a precedent has been set and any further simulation in the box from here on by any player from any team means a yellow, right? RIGHT?

Well, United's players were diving for most of the game didn't see any of them getting even a yellow card. So, don't get your hopes up.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: May 9, 2021, 04:21:59 pm »
Quick look on redcafe and they all want reserves playing Tuesday night.

Anyone who thinks they’ll going full strength then to keep pressure on city is mad... just won’t happen.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: May 9, 2021, 04:22:10 pm »
Utd win was a good result for us I think gives them a reason to go hard vs Leicester

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #652 on: May 9, 2021, 04:25:23 pm »
Well, United's players were diving for most of the game didn't see any of them getting even a yellow card. So, don't get your hopes up.

Au contraire.
I believe the rule is being correctly applied now in that all non MUFC players should be given a yellow card, even if there is contact ("the contact was not sufficient, he was already on his way down..."). While all MUFC players should not be given yellows, but pelanties instead.
The only problem with the rule as it stands right now is that it is not fair to those MUFC players who fall outside the box, and thereby miss out on being awarded the pelanty. That is one amendment that would go a long way in making the game fairer, and also allow us to watch Bruno Fernandes perfect his hop skip score routine further.
The game is  not perfect, but I believe it is going in the right direction.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #653 on: May 9, 2021, 04:27:34 pm »
Need the Ev to do us a favour here

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: May 9, 2021, 04:27:37 pm »
Au contraire.
I believe the rule is being correctly applied now in that all non MUFC players should be given a yellow card, even if there is contact ("the contact was not sufficient, he was already on his way down..."). While all MUFC players should not be given yellows, but pelanties instead.
The only problem with the rule as it stands right now is that it is not fair to those MUFC players who fall outside the box, and thereby miss out on being awarded the pelanty. That is one amendment that would go a long way in making the game fairer, and also allow us to watch Bruno Fernandes perfect his hop skip score routine further.
The game is  not perfect, but I believe it is going in the right direction.

Great ideas there. It goes without saying I expect our front three to all pick up yellow cards on Thursday.  :D

Online klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #655 on: May 9, 2021, 04:28:14 pm »
Utd win was a good result for us I think gives them a reason to go hard vs Leicester

Surely it’s the opposite?

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #656 on: May 9, 2021, 04:29:31 pm »
Won’t someone PLEASE give Antonio bigger shorts?!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #657 on: May 9, 2021, 04:30:28 pm »

Why do they need to do that when they'll have an official that will ignore any handballs in their area, send an opposition player off and award them randomly penalties before giving them every decision in the game.

We haven't seen it yet, but it's coming; Taylor smashing one into the top corner for them on 104 minutes after a turgid 0-0.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: May 9, 2021, 04:31:15 pm »

If it was us in their position and we fielded a weakened side I'd go fucking mental. There is no guarantee that City get the 3 pts they need in the next two away games.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Fruity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: May 9, 2021, 04:33:13 pm »

But if they lose to Leicester then City win the league. I don't imagine United want to give them that satisfaction. Surely they want to win both games, so then it's up to City.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: May 9, 2021, 04:33:27 pm »
If it was us in their position and we fielded a weakened side I'd go fucking mental. There is no guarantee that City get the 3 pts they need in the next two away games.

Check the pre game thread on redcafe ... they’re not thinking about city, only resting players to do us over.

Tuesday will be a nothing game for them.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #661 on: May 9, 2021, 04:36:13 pm »
Everton will lose this by at least 2 goals I think
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: May 9, 2021, 04:37:48 pm »
The last remaining "tough" game for West Ham. Just for laughs, I would love to see them make the Champions League.

Imagine Mbappe or Messi vs. West Ham. ;D
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: May 9, 2021, 04:37:52 pm »

If City, as unlikely as it is, lose their last few games and Utd could’ve won it but spited themselves then I think they all go mad so I don’t think they should give a fuck if we get top 4 until it’s over.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: May 9, 2021, 04:41:37 pm »
Check the pre game thread on redcafe ... they’re not thinking about city, only resting players to do us over.

Tuesday will be a nothing game for them.

They're just gobshite wools on that forum. Proper Mancs, not wankstains from Cornwall, want to keep the pressure on City until the league is gone. I'm married to a proper Manc so I speak from what I see/am told.

No matter how much we hate the Mancs, if we were in the position to catch the bitters for the title, we'd want us to win every game.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: May 9, 2021, 04:42:48 pm »
They're just gobshite wools on that forum. Proper Mancs, not wankstains from Cornwall, want to keep the pressure on City until the league is gone. I'm married to a proper Manc so I speak from what I see/am told.

No matter how much we hate the Mancs, if we were in the position to catch the bitters for the title, we'd want us to win every game.

They may well be. I just don’t see them playing a strong side Tuesday night.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: May 9, 2021, 04:44:10 pm »
They may well be. I just don’t see them playing a strong side Tuesday night.

Losing to Leicester hands the title to City. If they then beat us then City lose to Newcastle, there would be fucking murder in Manchester.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #667 on: May 9, 2021, 04:46:08 pm »
Losing to Leicester hands the title to City. If they then beat us then City lose to Newcastle, there would be fucking murder in Manchester.
If Utd beat Leicester and then us then the gap is down to just 4 points before city play again and anything could happen then. Surely they’ve got to go for it against Leicester

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: May 9, 2021, 04:46:30 pm »
These fucking commentators... "Lets hope they are not feeling the pressure."  :wanker

Trying to will West Ham into the Champions League. They would be actively trying to heap pressure on them if it was United in our place.

« Last Edit: May 9, 2021, 04:55:56 pm by OkieRedman »

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: May 9, 2021, 04:49:44 pm »
If Utd beat Leicester and then us then the gap is down to just 4 points before city play again and anything could happen then. Surely they’ve got to go for it against Leicester

That's it exactly. All of a sudden they then cannot afford a slip up and Newcastle away won't be easy, fat head would love to help Fergie win the league again, the bitters will go all out to help their best mates last day and Brighton can cause an upset.

If they do get to within 4, Paddy Power might offer me a couple of hundred cash out on my bet that the Mancs win the league, 100/1 odds I got.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: May 9, 2021, 04:51:42 pm »

Exactly.

I’d have United winning the league over City if it meant we got top four. I care about Liverpool being successful, anything else is secondary.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: May 9, 2021, 04:54:48 pm »
BS winning.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #672 on: May 9, 2021, 04:54:59 pm »
Get innn

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: May 9, 2021, 04:55:00 pm »
Cheering everton goals is never fun...but, here we are

Offline Fruity

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: May 9, 2021, 04:55:20 pm »

I’d have United winning the league over City if it meant we got top four. I care about Liverpool being successful, anything else is secondary.

Woah there! Need to think about that one a bit. United win the league and we get top 4? Not comfortable with that.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: May 9, 2021, 04:55:25 pm »
Exactly.

Nail on head. Anyone who puts stopping another team winning something over the best interests of their club is not a supporter, they're either a dickhead or an Evertonian.

This club needs to play in the CL, its where we belong. 

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: May 9, 2021, 04:55:34 pm »
 ;D

1-0 to the shite.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #677 on: May 9, 2021, 04:55:57 pm »
Go on the Bitters
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: May 9, 2021, 04:56:10 pm »
;D

1-0 to the shite.

Come on you Blues ;D

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #679 on: May 9, 2021, 04:56:40 pm »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576