Author Topic: Premier League fixtures 7th-13th May  (Read 61446 times)

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Re: Premier League fixtures 7th-10th May
« Reply #480 on: May 8, 2021, 07:36:39 pm »
Looked a penalty in a faster angle, apparently.

Whatever the hell that is.
AHA!

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: May 8, 2021, 07:37:23 pm »
People assuming we're going to win our games 😂

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: May 8, 2021, 07:38:47 pm »

When we beat Brighton, Fulham, Burnley, Everton & Newcastle at home we'll be fine ;D

Online Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #483 on: May 8, 2021, 07:38:47 pm »
?

ManC should have won which keeps that spot open still.

Agreed, it will be between them and City unfortunately as I don't see United stepping up under Ole and we will need a season to rebuild.

With the squad we have next year can’t be a rebuild year.  We just had one season ruined in this teams window.   Can’t write off another one and it also make the Thiago transfer a joke.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: May 8, 2021, 07:39:04 pm »

Supporters believing in their team. Shocking I know.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #485 on: May 8, 2021, 07:39:06 pm »
Fucking Manc twats.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: May 8, 2021, 07:39:33 pm »
They've got three difficult games but the way the United game falls means they'll be facing a half arsed, depleted team. Plus Chelsea might have top 4 pretty much sewn up by the time they play them after that win and will have an eye on the CL final.

But so will we be facing a half arsed depleted team, no?  Or are you buying into the idea that Ole cares more about giving us a hard game, and are willing to rest players against both Leics and Fulham just to prioritise hoping to stop us), AND thinking that Leics will somehow up their game despite looking tired last night?  I could see a draw there (which does go against Leics form and Utds form - but without them taking a win against at least one of spurs and chelsea as well, that should be irrelevant

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #487 on: May 8, 2021, 07:39:55 pm »
Pep deserved that, despite the winner being flukey. It’s been evident that Mendy is a shadow of the player City signed since his injuries - his pace has gone completely. Ake might be short of match fitness, but anyway to play both proved disastrous.

If he really wanted to win the title this evening, he had no good reason to ‘rest’ so many. City should have won it considering the missed penalty and the one they should have had. Taylor once again demonstrating how utterly inept this cohort of Premiership refs continue to be - best League in the world? - not while the officiating remains so ridiculously poor.

Two horrible clubs who’ve made a mockery of FFP.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: May 8, 2021, 07:40:00 pm »
While all eyes are on Leicester, think the Hammers have got a strong chance still.

Oh yea, fuck the mancs. pricks.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: May 8, 2021, 07:40:13 pm »
We better get our yellow/green scarfs ready for Tuesday 🤣

Mind wouldnt be a shock if we dont win tonight

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: May 8, 2021, 07:41:20 pm »
We are still Champions! Enjoy it.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: May 8, 2021, 07:42:06 pm »
We must win tonight & we must beat Man Utd. Anything less and we aren't getting top 4 (we probably aren't anyway).
Leicester have 2 very losable games out of their last 3.

Wrong - a win tonight, and in the other 3 matches not against Utd, would put us 3 points ahead of Leics with (likely) better GD  - a draw against Utd would mean Leics need 4 points  and to score more in their win than in the defeatm or 5 points, to beat that.  A win against Utd would put us 6 points ahead AND definitely a better GD, which would mean Leics need 7 points realistically against 3 top sides

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: May 8, 2021, 07:42:33 pm »
4 wins and a draw would have done us.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #493 on: May 8, 2021, 07:42:38 pm »
You find City more vile than Chelsea? 5-6 years ago we were applauding each other, can't remember doing that with Chelsea.

I remember going to Stamford Bridge - Zola's last game and we applauded them after they knocked us out of the Champions League..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: May 8, 2021, 07:42:50 pm »
So, the worst Champions ever are still Champions with 4 games left to play - must have been awful.

JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: May 8, 2021, 07:42:55 pm »
3 top 3 sides and one of them are technically still in a title race so less likely to play kids

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: May 8, 2021, 07:43:30 pm »
Mendy has been a good buy so far, no way they are in Top 4 and CL final with Kepa.

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: May 8, 2021, 07:55:49 pm »
Mendy has been a good buy so far, no way they are in Top 4 and CL final with Kepa.

I'd say 50/50 that and Tuchel being eons better a manager than Fat Frank

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: May 8, 2021, 07:56:20 pm »
Still think Chelsea were catchable had they ended pointless tonight (assume we win of course and that’s anything but guaranteed).  With the game in hand the lead would’ve been 1 point and Chelsea has 2 cup finals incoming.

Typical. 

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #499 on: May 8, 2021, 08:02:29 pm »
So, the worst Champions ever are still Champions with 4 games left to play - must have been awful.

We’re not the worst champions ever, but still being champions is nothing to do with us this season.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: May 8, 2021, 08:03:04 pm »
None of those Villa, Westbrom, Fulham vs losses/draws annoy me as much as Leicester and Chelsea defeats. Because we really didn't deserve to lose either. We should've killed Leicester in 1h and deserved at least a point from Chelsea. We'd be comfortable of we had draws from them.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: May 8, 2021, 08:06:17 pm »
None of those Villa, Westbrom, Fulham vs losses/draws annoy me as much as Leicester and Chelsea defeats. Because we really didn't deserve to lose either. We should've killed Leicester in 1h and deserved at least a point from Chelsea. We'd be comfortable of we had draws from them.

Nah we deserved to lose to Chelsea.

Definitely the loss to Leicester is up there in terms of shocking capitulations, up there with Newcastle.

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: May 8, 2021, 08:08:45 pm »

Nah - the Chelsea loss they were better (they had an xG of  0.98 and us of 0.32) - the Leics one was 2.18 againt 2.23 so ignoring the fact the pen was dodgy, a draw would have been a fair score, so it's only a loss of 1 point .  It's the Newcastle one which was the worst - infogol had that as a 2.89  - 1.07 on expected goals, yet we drew 1-1  so thats 2 points dropped (in fact, draws from matches we should win are automatically worse than a loss from a draw as, you know, more points)

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: May 8, 2021, 10:11:52 pm »
Hopefully Palace being safe means we'll get an easy game in a few weeks, we may need it as Eut qualification could go to the wire
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: May 8, 2021, 10:11:53 pm »
While all eyes are on Leicester, think the Hammers have got a strong chance still.

Oh yea, fuck the mancs. pricks.

Does this mean we have to be Everton fans tomorrow?

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: May 8, 2021, 10:20:50 pm »
Does this mean we have to be Everton fans tomorrow?
Kinda.

West Hams remaining fixtures are not hard. Tomorrow, we need United and Everton to win...Everton draw would be fine. We need United to win so they are still in with an outside shot at the title. Meaning they have to play leicester with a little bit of seriousness

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: May 8, 2021, 10:38:21 pm »
Agreed, it will be between them and City unfortunately as I don't see United stepping up under Ole and we will need a season to rebuild.
we won’t need a season to rebuild. If our players are all fit and we have a bit of luck in injuries next season, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see us win the title

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: May 8, 2021, 11:01:48 pm »
Nah we deserved to lose to Chelsea.

Definitely the loss to Leicester is up there in terms of shocking capitulations, up there with Newcastle.

Stonewall handball pen on Kante not given in second half against Chelsea. Could easily of got draw there Mane missed a very good chance in the first half for us to get the lead.

Missed chances and poor ref calls have had a big impact on us this season more so than any of the other top sides for sure. 
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: May 9, 2021, 07:10:17 am »
Stonewall handball pen on Kante not given in second half against Chelsea. Could easily of got draw there Mane missed a very good chance in the first half for us to get the lead.

Missed chances and poor ref calls have had a big impact on us this season more so than any of the other top sides for sure. 

You are always going to get some opportunities but generally they kept us at arms length. Not in any special way or a way where you think they have outclassed us as Brighton did something similar. But I didnt think we deserved much out of that game.

Games like Burnley, Everton, Newcastle at home and Fulham and Leicester away are up there as the worst.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: May 9, 2021, 09:05:15 am »
Willock has been an excellent loan signing for Newcastle.
Steve Bruce knows what he's doing.    :P

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: May 9, 2021, 11:00:48 am »
So best results for us today would be a Villa win, so Utd have to take Leicester game more seriously and an Everton win.

That about right?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: May 9, 2021, 11:02:46 am »
So best results for us today would be a Villa win, so Utd have to take Leicester game more seriously and an Everton win.

That about right?

Yup.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #512 on: May 9, 2021, 11:09:36 am »
Draws in both would be ok too

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: May 9, 2021, 11:18:23 am »
Steve Bruce knows what he's doing.    :P

It's ironic that Willock has scored the same in his last 4 appearances as Arsenal have their last 7 home games!  ;D

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: May 9, 2021, 11:36:16 am »
It's ironic that Willock has scored the same in his last 4 appearances as Arsenal have their last 7 home games!  ;D
I think he is fab and hope it's possible for us to keep him.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: May 9, 2021, 11:38:00 am »

What’s realistic for Willock next season do you think? I see no reason why he couldn’t take the role Ceballos has had for arsenal this season, who’s got a decent number of minutes.

Would be a great signing for Newcastle to get him though, you’ve been crying out for a midfielder with runs who can break the lines for years.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: May 9, 2021, 11:46:18 am »
So, cheering for the Mighty Everton today are we?

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: May 9, 2021, 11:54:33 am »
The last time Villa beat Man United at home was the famous Alan Hansen "you'll win nothing with kids" rant.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: May 9, 2021, 12:11:10 pm »

He's done very well. I wouldn't be surprised if we let him go to raise some money.

What’s realistic for Willock next season do you think? I see no reason why he couldn’t take the role Ceballos has had for arsenal this season, who’s got a decent number of minutes.

Would be a great signing for Newcastle to get him though, you’ve been crying out for a midfielder with runs who can break the lines for years.

Think it all depends on the formation Arteta decoded to play next season. I don't think Arteta thinks he gets involved on the ball enough to play the double pivot role next to Partey behind a more conventional number 10, although I'd still like to see him given a chance.

However, if he decides to play 433, then he should stay as he is ideal as that 3rd midfielder bombing forward & breaking lines. He doesn't need to be involved on the ball as much, it's more about his athleticism & timing of runs into the box, & that's where he excels.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: May 9, 2021, 12:14:10 pm »
Wolves have been terrible this season.