Author Topic: Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War  (Read 7512 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War
« on: September 10, 2020, 01:30:25 pm »
Seeing as Activision and Treyarch are allowing game play footage now and the beta weeks away i think a thread should start.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WNDU004C-iQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WNDU004C-iQ</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OuduzrPF2rA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OuduzrPF2rA</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aJ84s6VM0oU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aJ84s6VM0oU</a>

« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 01:52:36 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 09:28:07 am »
Looks like Cold War has around a 135-140 Health.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 09:52:43 am by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 12:02:37 am »
The PS4 Cold War Alpha is available for free in the PS store.

18th-20th and it's 27 GB, starts tomorrow UK time at 6pm.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/INgl7ieZow0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/INgl7ieZow0</a>
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 12:04:27 am by RedSince86 »

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 12:49:21 am »
Had a go of the alpha. Not a huge fan of the maps and in general its visually less appealing than modern warfare. Had to crank the movement sensitivity up quite a bit. TTK is good and it's nice to see some old perks return. Just not getting the buzz off it though and quickscoping has returned in a big way (which I hate). I'll have a few more games and hopefully get into it a bit more.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 12:50:36 am »
Had a go of the alpha. Not a huge fan of the maps and in general its visually less appealing than modern warfare. Had to crank the movement sensitivity up quite a bit. TTK is good and it's nice to see some old perks return. Just not getting the buzz off it though and quickscoping has returned in a big way (which I hate). I'll have a few more games and hopefully get into it a bit more.

Felt the same, felt graphically a little less like call of duty. Saying that I have played Warzone only for the past few months.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 07:23:44 pm »
Im really enjoying it, fast paced and the TTK is spot on.

Only bad points is Dead Silence needs to quieter and the Miami map is crap.

The sub machine guns have ridiculous range, they will be nerfed.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 07:32:18 pm »
It's great, but fuck me the killstreaks need a nerf.

Chopper gunner on Armada is an instant win.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2020, 12:31:13 pm »
One of the game Devs tweeted they made the Snipers overpowered for the Alpha so they can see how much they can tweak (nerf) for full game release.

The marksman rifles will get the same treatment no doubt, ridiculously OP as well.

My favourite gun is the AK-47, with Supressor and sprint stock and quick aiming attachments, getting 40-60 kill games with it on Domination and Hardpoint, the desert map plays so good on objective modes, really nice flow to it.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2020, 09:06:42 pm »
Im really enjoying it, fast paced and the TTK is spot on.

Only bad points is Dead Silence needs to quieter and the Miami map is crap.

The sub machine guns have ridiculous range, they will be nerfed.
It's decent and I've enjoyed the few rounds I've played, but I disagree on the TTK, slightly too long imo

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 8, 2020, 04:34:27 pm »
Anyone playing the Beta for the next 5 days?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 9, 2020, 07:10:23 pm »
The graphics are so shit on this game. It's like a PS3/360 game. So much anti aliasing and visual noise, and it varies map to map like the jungle one is so ridiculously bad, the foliage is like a blur.

I wonder if it's too late to get a refund on my pre order
« Last Edit: October 9, 2020, 07:12:49 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2020, 12:24:07 am »
The graphics are so shit on this game. It's like a PS3/360 game. So much anti aliasing and visual noise, and it varies map to map like the jungle one is so ridiculously bad, the foliage is like a blur.

I wonder if it's too late to get a refund on my pre order
That's Treyarch style, not only are their games arcade like they also use more colours in their games, almost cartoony.

Infinity ward are all about gritty realism and you see that in their games graphics wise.

On the beta, i think the game is brilliant and has a lot of potential.

The TTK will be nothing like the game release, apparently the servers haven't been optimised and the Netcode is fucked up, so getting kills is as fast as MW in this Beta.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2020, 08:21:01 am »
That's Treyarch style, not only are their games arcade like they also use more colours in their games, almost cartoony.

Infinity ward are all about gritty realism and you see that in their games graphics wise.

On the beta, i think the game is brilliant and has a lot of potential.

The TTK will be nothing like the game release, apparently the servers haven't been optimised and the Netcode is fucked up, so getting kills is as fast as MW in this Beta.

Yeah it's definitely there style but that one map in particular is just really rough to play. I'm just not sure I can consider myself a traditional online mp kinda guy anymore. The pace and general hectic nature just feels like something I've outgrown. That's why I prefer stuff like warzone where you can plan and strategize a bit more and communication is more effective.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 08:24:28 am by naYoRHa2b »

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2020, 08:22:41 am »
Are they doing cross play still?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2020, 12:37:01 pm »
So is the xbox beta this Thursday only if you have pre ordered?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 10:20:57 pm »
So is the xbox beta this Thursday only if you have pre ordered?
15th and 16th is pre orders.

17th-19th is open access.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 10:22:25 pm »
Are they doing cross play still?
Crossplay beta 15th to 19th, pre orders for the first two days.

It's a Crossplay game like MW.

Also the PS4 beta I played last week had an option to change the Field Of View like PC gamers had on CoD.

I did read on Reddit that people were seeing frames dropping when they put it over 100, might be better on the next gen console that feature.

Also the MP5 and Milano 821 are the best guns by far, kill super quick,no recoil and have ridiculous range, best AR is the Krig, X4 just behind.

Ak-47 is crap, weird recoil and the Ak-74u which was the best gun in the Alpha got nerfed making it crap.

Ranks stopped at 25 on Beta, will go to 42 on this Beta, Ninja perk is rank 39.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 10:32:43 pm by RedSince86 »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2020, 07:48:29 pm »
Been getting wrecked by a shotgun from, quite frankly ridiculous range, and this is while pounding them with an assault rifle, I wouldn't really mind so much but it's completely unrealistic, maybe it will get nerfed like the AK74u did after the Alpha, all in all though I'm enjoying it, more so than Modern Warfare to be honest, looking forward to the full game on Series X.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2020, 10:56:02 am »
Been getting wrecked by a shotgun from, quite frankly ridiculous range, and this is while pounding them with an assault rifle, I wouldn't really mind so much but it's completely unrealistic, maybe it will get nerfed like the AK74u did after the Alpha, all in all though I'm enjoying it, more so than Modern Warfare to be honest, looking forward to the full game on Series X.
Yeah shotties are OP.

Seen the potential of the game now everyone is running Ninja perk, the game just flows fast and not much camping unless protecting a zone in Hardpoint or Domination.

Great to see Treyarch didn't noob and dumb the game down for novice players like Infinity Ward did for MW, it's back to classic CoD this game.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2020, 11:17:47 am »
I forgot to add.

The Beta has been extended for another 24 hours, finishes tomorrow at 6pm, all guns and attachments unlocked as well.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2020, 06:43:55 pm »
Gonna put this out there, this is the best Call of Duty title since Black Ops ten years ago, it just feels right, I honestly cannot wait for the full release.

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 6, 2020, 08:29:12 pm »
I have a 73gb install on my Xbox has this pre installed already? (First time I've bought a digital game in advance)

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 7, 2020, 09:03:30 am »
I have a 73gb install on my Xbox has this pre installed already? (First time I've bought a digital game in advance)

Sounds like it. I've just managed to pre-load mine on PS4. I just chose to install the base MP though and the Zombies as I'm saving the campaign for PS5.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2020, 02:54:02 pm »
The Famas from BO1 is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2020, 10:29:30 am »
Had a quick go on armada this morning really enjoyed it, since then I can't get into a game keep getting "failed to host lobby error"

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2020, 04:02:52 pm »
Netcode is still just as bad as the beta.

Same thing every time with CoD the first few weeks, you get those horrible majority scenarios of shooting first and dying first.

Liking some of the maps, not liking the disbanding lobbies though.

I've only played mostly FFA so far, movement and less campy game play is spot on though.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2020, 10:20:16 pm »
Campaign, 3rd mission, if you’re on a PS4 then make sure your controller is on usb connection when you play it.

Majorly frustrating bug in which your controller disconnects and the only option you have is to turn off your console directly...

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2020, 08:15:01 pm »
Campaign, 3rd mission, if you’re on a PS4 then make sure your controller is on usb connection when you play it.

Majorly frustrating bug in which your controller disconnects and the only option you have is to turn off your console directly...
It was doing that on the Beta, a Scottish friend i played with during that last beta, i swear every 3-4 matches it did that when the match was loading, was funny hearing his Glaswegian accent cursing. ;D

He ended up stopping playing the beta the last couple of days as he thought it might brick his PS4, I always play with mine plugged in anyway, supposed to give you an advantage in shooter games according to CoD pros. ;)

I finally unlocked the Famas, level 14 and it's the only gun that has made me stop using the MP5 for so far.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 08:16:36 pm by RedSince86 »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2020, 01:48:46 pm »
Up to the mission in KGB Headquarters (no spoilers please), and really enjoying the campaign, only played a few rounds of MP, and I've been getting melted, I'm falling victim to the "see them first, unload half a magazine into them, get hit twice, die" which is very frustrating, as I'm on Series X, Open NAT, 200mb connection, so I'm assuming that's why there are so many complaints about the netcode.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2020, 03:09:31 pm »
Up to the mission in KGB Headquarters (no spoilers please), and really enjoying the campaign, only played a few rounds of MP, and I've been getting melted, I'm falling victim to the "see them first, unload half a magazine into them, get hit twice, die" which is very frustrating, as I'm on Series X, Open NAT, 200mb connection, so I'm assuming that's why there are so many complaints about the netcode.
Mp5 has been nerfed, 33% less damage range BTW.

Biggest tip for this game for that issue you have.

Use the barrel attachment that gives a big percentage of bullet velocity, bullets travel faster with it on, you'll notice a big difference in MP, it's like night and day.

Youtubers  Xclusive ace and Drift0r have done videos on it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nj7FWbGLEfA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nj7FWbGLEfA</a>
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 03:11:45 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2020, 09:16:54 pm »
Whats the point in the disc?

Sat here waiting for the game to install, then download a patch to play the thing, then waiting for three further downloads to play the campaign?
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2020, 02:41:15 pm »
The campaign is surprisingly really good. The stealthy bits remind me of the old James Bond games
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 06:22:13 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2020, 03:58:06 pm »
Whats the point in the disc?

Sat here waiting for the game to install, then download a patch to play the thing, then waiting for three further downloads to play the campaign?

Discs these days are basically just the initial install and then act as a licence to prove that you still own the game.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 05:09:01 pm by bailey90 »
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2020, 06:37:41 pm »
New Nuketown map. :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KUG-Zmpdfio" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KUG-Zmpdfio</a>

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2020, 08:02:54 pm »
Discs these days are basically just the initial install and then act as a licence to prove that you still own the game.
And bizarrely still around £10 cheaper than digital.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2020, 11:56:32 am »
FFAR (Famas) has been nerfed, more recoil, 33% less damage range.

M16 and Aug have also been nerfed, both have a slower burst now and less mobility, looks like they'll be like the two Burst rifles from BO4.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2020, 01:24:58 pm »
FFAR (Famas) has been nerfed, more recoil, 33% less damage range.

M16 and Aug have also been nerfed, both have a slower burst now and less mobility, looks like they'll be like the two Burst rifles from BO4.

Struggling online. Keep getting shot in the back and sides. Feels like each COD, this is happening more. Either im getting shitter, or the map design is getting sillier.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2020, 01:39:46 pm »
New footage of Nuke town map, check it out at 2:00 when you shoot all the mannequin heads off, (usually you get a horde of mannequin zombies when you do that in a custom room if you shoot all the heads under 2 minutes.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blackopscoldwar/comments/jy6486/leaked_gameplay_of_the_nuketown_84_ee/

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2020, 01:45:43 pm »
Struggling online. Keep getting shot in the back and sides. Feels like each COD, this is happening more. Either im getting shitter, or the map design is getting sillier.
I guess it's map knowledge once that happens you'll know the routes of enemy players.

Also try using the Perk Forward Intel in the perk 1 slot, you get more view on the mini map, and also get to see where enemy players are spawning from, it's a really amazing perk, also equip the" field mic" as well that will help you know your enemies in close proximity.

And use Barrel attachment that increase Bullet Velocity, you'll get quicker kills, don't bother with range ones, use the ones that increase velocity, its something Treyarch added last minute before launch to balance between the Sub Machine guns and AR's against each other.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 01:51:08 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2020, 01:52:55 pm »
I'm not enjoying the maps to be honest to many choke points and sniper lanes for my liking