Author Topic: Membership Renewals 2020/22  (Read 9233 times)

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
Re: Membership Renewals 2020/22
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2020, 02:20:21 pm »
Where has this come from? So from that we can take it that members won't get back in until there's a full capacity.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/adult

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2020, 02:21:34 pm »
So if they have 40k capacity they are just going to leave the seats empty before they let members in? That makes no sense does it

Probably just reading it wrong, but then again the club is absolutely notorious for shite wording during most communuications

Exactly, nothing would surprise me! Maybe corporates and others who pay more than us lowly members will be above us in the queue?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2020, 02:32:44 pm »
Exactly, nothing would surprise me! Maybe corporates and others who pay more than us lowly members will be above us in the queue?

In my world obviously hospitality STH will be the first ones back in. I’d be very surprised if the club says sorry but your £5k/season isn’t good enough we rather sell a £37 ticket on the Kop to a member...

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2020, 03:13:03 pm »
In my world obviously hospitality STH will be the first ones back in. I’d be very surprised if the club says sorry but your £5k/season isn’t good enough we rather sell a £37 ticket on the Kop to a member...
Can’t see it myself, it all depends on how social distancing is done in the lounges. Plus a lot of the none businesses are the retired folk, So can see them swerving it. Plus it’s basically 1/2 entrances for everyone.  Looking at pics on LinkedIn of the lounges configured for meetings etc, they look very shit and at 1/3 capacity at a push.  For my lounge at least I won’t be attending and I know of around 15 other people that won’t be due to either living with vulnerable/elderly people, being in the vulnerable/elderly category or unable to travel due to quarantine rules
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 03:16:44 pm by daindan »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2020, 03:18:52 pm »

Depends if they want an atmosphere or not, or whether they'd prefer the money from the caviar brigade

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2020, 04:37:17 pm »
Not sure it says that at all

I read it as saying next year we’re not sure yet but members sales will likely be based On previous attendance last season

Also to your point members won’t get in until we exceed 30k capacity as that’s how many season ticket holders we have give or take

Once that 30k is exceeded I presume those on 19 as members will Be first in line

I’m not sure why everyone is being so pessimistic about members’ chances of getting into games when it’s in the club’s interests to sell tickets to members as that way they will sell memberships, as by the sounds of it most people haven’t renewed their memberships. Also, what is the benefit to them to only allow season ticket holders in, as it’s only going to outrage members who go to every home game, not to mention members who go aways as well. It’s a similar situation to the community shield last year where members and season ticket holders were seen as equal, and those with aways were given priority. No season ticket holder is going to not renew their season ticket if they aren’t prioritised over Members with max home credits (or even slightly under), so the club have nothing to lose. Think season ticket holders who went to an away league game last season will be guaranteed, along with members who attended 16+ league games. Then have a ballot for all season ticket holders and members who attended 15 league games.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2020, 05:28:55 pm »
I’m not sure why everyone is being so pessimistic about members’ chances of getting into games when it’s in the club’s interests to sell tickets to members as that way they will sell memberships, as by the sounds of it most people haven’t renewed their memberships. Also, what is the benefit to them to only allow season ticket holders in, as it’s only going to outrage members who go to every home game, not to mention members who go aways as well. It’s a similar situation to the community shield last year where members and season ticket holders were seen as equal, and those with aways were given priority. No season ticket holder is going to not renew their season ticket if they aren’t prioritised over Members with max home credits (or even slightly under), so the club have nothing to lose. Think season ticket holders who went to an away league game last season will be guaranteed, along with members who attended 16+ league games. Then have a ballot for all season ticket holders and members who attended 15 league games.

Not a cat in hells chance any members get in over a season ticket holder for a home match and nor should they

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2020, 06:10:36 pm »
I would be incredibly surprised if they took aways into account as well.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2020, 07:09:38 pm »
Might be wrong (and I hope I am!) but it seems to me like they're purposely saying they want full capacity for any members' sales.

I'm pretty sure what they're getting at.

STHs will take priority (which is generally fair imo). In an ideal world they'd do it on a tiered basis dependent on capacity.

1. STHs + away PL credits (different tiers of 19, 13, 8, 5 or something)
2. STHs with no away PL credits
3. Members with 19 home + away PL credits (different tiers of 19, 13, 8, 5 or something)
4. Members with just 19 home
5. Everyone else is unlikely to have a sniff unless they allow transfers / there's a vaccine.
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2020, 07:10:48 pm »

Tbf the membership grid no longer mentions anything about tickets. May be a coincidence, may be not.

Whatever they do there's going to be uproar but it really just depends on what capacity is safe. If it's only 10k inside, I mean... I'm not expecting to be at any matches as someone on 19 credits.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 07:12:36 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2020, 10:58:11 pm »
There’s ways they could make it fair, given the extreme circumstances, to allow everyone who deserves to get a fair crack at going a game given limited capacities, it just depends if they are bothered in making it happen.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2020, 11:00:31 pm »
I'm pretty sure what they're getting at.

STHs will take priority (which is generally fair imo). In an ideal world they'd do it on a tiered basis dependent on capacity.

1. STHs + away PL credits (different tiers of 19, 13, 8, 5 or something)
2. STHs with no away PL credits
3. Members with 19 home + away PL credits (different tiers of 19, 13, 8, 5 or something)
4. Members with just 19 home
5. Everyone else is unlikely to have a sniff unless they allow transfers / there's a vaccine.
What if these vaccines don’t produce the desired results and we have to live life without one? Are we never going to a game again unless we have a Season Ticket?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2020, 11:15:34 pm »
So if they have 40k capacity they are just going to leave the seats empty before they let members in? That makes no sense does it

Probably just reading it wrong, but then again the club is absolutely notorious for shite wording during most communuications
If you could have 40k in then you might as well have full capacity back as it will be impossible to keep to social distancing measures. I think at best we’ll get around 30-40% capacity back until the end of next season so from a Member point of view it’s pointless even bothering discussions around tickets. Still, some fans is much better than no fans and an audio guy playing random noise sounds. You can’t replicate the real thing.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2020, 04:46:44 am »
There’s ways they could make it fair, given the extreme circumstances, to allow everyone who deserves to get a fair crack at going a game given limited capacities, it just depends if they are bothered in making it happen.
this is fair but can't see STHs and members on 19 accepting losing out to others for some games, they wouldn't normally so don't see why they should accept it here. I can see some kind of rotational system for STHs at the start. Members won't be in until full capacity given STHs already account for half the ground

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2020, 11:05:32 am »
It might make sense for 2020/21 to not count as a credit for anyone. I said the same for the League Cup game back in December.

That way - people will buy to go, not buy to get a credit and sell. You've then a little more confidence in knowing those in attendance.
And it does not cause problems for further seasons.

Those not sure about attending, or vulnerable etc, then don't have the dilemma - they can opt out, without being impacted - and someone else gets to go - but they should not get a credit for that this season for attending.

And speaking as a member, I'm happy for STH to be given the priority for this entire season. It just takes most of the issues and arguments away.
And if the STH fan update is done in time, they can be sure of who is in the stadium. (I joke at that - they won't - but in theory, they could and should).

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2020, 11:18:00 am »
It might make sense for 2020/21 to not count as a credit for anyone. I said the same for the League Cup game back in December.

That way - people will buy to go, not buy to get a credit and sell. You've then a little more confidence in knowing those in attendance.

Those not sure about attending, or vulnerable etc, then don't have the dilemma - they can opt out, without being impacted - and someone else gets to go - but they should not get a credit for that this season for attending.

And speaking as a member, I'm happy for STH to be given the priority for this entire season. It just takes most of the issues and arguments away.
And if the STH fan update is done in time, they can be sure of who is in the stadium. (I joke at that - they won't - but in theory, they could and should).

Spot on

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2020, 11:26:55 am »
What if these vaccines don’t produce the desired results and we have to live life without one? Are we never going to a game again unless we have a Season Ticket?

It's been less than 6 months. I'm sure people can survive a season and we can take stock from there.
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2020, 11:29:50 am »

100% on all points. I hope the TO see logic.
YNWA.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2020, 09:32:10 am »
Depends if they want an atmosphere or not, or whether they'd prefer the money from the caviar brigade

Money obviously..

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2020, 09:39:11 am »
Can’t see it myself, it all depends on how social distancing is done in the lounges. Plus a lot of the none businesses are the retired folk, So can see them swerving it. Plus it’s basically 1/2 entrances for everyone.  Looking at pics on LinkedIn of the lounges configured for meetings etc, they look very shit and at 1/3 capacity at a push.  For my lounge at least I won’t be attending and I know of around 15 other people that won’t be due to either living with vulnerable/elderly people, being in the vulnerable/elderly category or unable to travel due to quarantine rules

But you still signed your ‘hospitality contracts’ and agreed to the T&C’s with renewal as everything.
If you don’t wanna go the club will obviously not force you but I’m sure they’ll take as many big payment as possible in order to generate an income..

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2020, 10:07:35 am »
But you still signed your ‘hospitality contracts’ and agreed to the T&C’s with renewal as everything.
If you don’t wanna go the club will obviously not force you but I’m sure they’ll take as many big payment as possible in order to generate an income..

Oh, they make us pay one season in advance mate, so for the upcoming season, 1.people have paid in full  2. People have paid in part  3. People still need to pay.  Out of the 3 majority have paid in full in January, so the club are holding onto a lot of money, at the moment.

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2020, 12:20:57 pm »
Oh, they make us pay one season in advance mate, so for the upcoming season, 1.people have paid in full  2. People have paid in part  3. People still need to pay.  Out of the 3 majority have paid in full in January, so the club are holding onto a lot of money, at the moment.

Yeah and obviously they have no intentions in offering refunds if they absolutely don’t need to.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2020, 12:31:28 am »

Yeah this would see me not attending matches for at least a season but I think it would be the fairest way to do it.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.