Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2787577 times)

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #13560 on: May 4, 2021, 06:07:12 pm »
They are quite clearly dodgy as fuck. Hopefully this time the PL will actually do something about it.
Here comes another title for United.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13561 on: May 4, 2021, 06:11:36 pm »
Here comes another title for United.

They should be docked 3 points for every season they’ve won it. That should give us a couple more titles and United one (2012). They can keep the rest, no one cares. I’d accept that.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13562 on: May 4, 2021, 06:13:57 pm »
They should be docked 3 points for every season they’ve won it. That should give us a couple more titles and United one (2012). They can keep the rest, no one cares. I’d accept that.
Seems quite fair .
Don’t forget the transfer ban tho

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #13563 on: May 4, 2021, 06:15:56 pm »
This is being leaked as I'm guessing the arbitration isn't going well for ManC and they are letting it be known they'll sue here just as easily as they did with UEFA.

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13564 on: May 4, 2021, 06:16:52 pm »
Is this being reported in any of the mainstream TV in uk say sky or bbc ?
This was a big piece in the NYT

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13565 on: May 4, 2021, 06:17:13 pm »
It would be highly unlikely for the FA to do anything to support retrospective changes, I think. But another (probably also unlikely) scenario would be for them to start on -15 points next season, same like the punishment for entering administration, for the following seasons until they clean up their act. I'd take that.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13566 on: May 4, 2021, 06:19:17 pm »
Is this being reported in any of the mainstream TV in uk say sky or bbc ?
This was a big piece in the NYT

On the TV... it's not even made it to BBC's sports news site.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #13567 on: May 4, 2021, 06:20:57 pm »
It's been mentioned on other UK websites as well, don't think any newspaper has though.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13568 on: May 4, 2021, 06:21:46 pm »
It would be highly unlikely for the FA to do anything to support retrospective changes, I think. But another (probably also unlikely) scenario would be for them to start on -15 points next season, same like the punishment for entering administration, for the following seasons until they clean up their act. I'd take that.

Oh I know, fuck all chance if anything retrospective being applied I’m sure.

They’ll probably get off on technicalities again but hopefully further evidence they cheated will come out. Maybe some more people might care this time. Probably not though.

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13569 on: May 4, 2021, 06:24:03 pm »
On the TV... it's not even made it to BBC's sports news site.

Feigns surprise

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13570 on: May 4, 2021, 06:33:39 pm »
Not surprising the British media aren’t arsed yet, they’re all in Abu Dhabi’s pocket anyway.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13571 on: May 4, 2021, 07:00:02 pm »
Not surprising the British media aren’t arsed yet, they’re all in Abu Dhabi’s pocket anyway.

Not all of them there are some honourable exceptions.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13572 on: May 4, 2021, 07:34:11 pm »
Fair. But even one of these media entities, even one MP being in the pockets of Abu Dhabi and such is way too many. And there are many more than one (thinking of the push for the Newcastle takeover).

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13573 on: May 4, 2021, 07:36:43 pm »
Yes there are, not enough unfortunately.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #13574 on: May 4, 2021, 08:22:28 pm »
Fair. But even one of these media entities, even one MP being in the pockets of Abu Dhabi and such is way too many. And there are many more than one (thinking of the push for the Newcastle takeover).

Why would someone in the pockets of Abu Dhabi push for a Saudi takeover?

I don't think it's about people being in the pockets of Abu Dhabi - it's the fucking idiocy and starry-eyed adoration of seeing 'English' teams being successful in Europe and the standard sporting narratives of 'building dynasties' and multiple title winners.

A lot of people, and a lot in the media, cream their kecks over star-studded teams doing amazing things. That's normal, but there seem to be unwritten rules about how you judge legitimacy. Oil-states and oligarchs pumping in billions is seen as accesptable for some reason.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #13575 on: May 4, 2021, 08:28:33 pm »
It's been mentioned on other UK websites as well, don't think any newspaper has though.

You mean Stu Brennan hasn't reported it? I'm shocked!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #13576 on: May 4, 2021, 08:50:10 pm »
I can't be doing with the Phil Foden wanking. This summer is going to be painful. It's fucking Rooney all over again.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13577 on: May 4, 2021, 08:51:52 pm »
You mean Stu Brennan hasn't reported it? I'm shocked!

To be fair I think he’s the MEN’s Transport Correspondent. Not really his area.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13578 on: May 4, 2021, 08:53:59 pm »
I can't be doing with the Phil Foden wanking. This summer is going to be painful. It's fucking Rooney all over again.

He's like Gazza but with half the talent.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13579 on: May 4, 2021, 09:03:13 pm »
Why would someone in the pockets of Abu Dhabi push for a Saudi takeover?

I don't think it's about people being in the pockets of Abu Dhabi - it's the fucking idiocy and starry-eyed adoration of seeing 'English' teams being successful in Europe and the standard sporting narratives of 'building dynasties' and multiple title winners.

A lot of people, and a lot in the media, cream their kecks over star-studded teams doing amazing things. That's normal, but there seem to be unwritten rules about how you judge legitimacy. Oil-states and oligarchs pumping in billions is seen as accesptable for some reason.
I said "Abu Dhabi and such", putting all sportswashing countries in the same denominator; I don't really make a distinction.

I hear you. Fans and those interested to see their teams succeed as never before is one of the key sportswashing components. Those countries who want to have their image improved pray on such people. Fans want rich owners, influential MPs want their region to have a club everyone would recognize, and that all plays in the hands of Abu Dhabi and such. And while fans should know better (I wish, but I understand their desire), the MPs are public servants first and foremost. They should think better whether to put pressure on the FA to accept the takeover. They should be the ones who know that meaning of "fit and proper". They are the ones who should recognize dirty money and should pressure the FA to not allow such transfer of ownership like City and Chelsea (and nearly us with DIC's attempt). But there is a reason why London is one of the world's leading money-laundering capitals for Russian oligarchs, and who knows what else...

I don't know, I'm just pissed when people in a position of power exercise their power in contrast with their mandate.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #13580 on: May 4, 2021, 09:06:49 pm »
The BBC commentary just said 'give Foden whatever number he wants in the Euros..'

And..

'Phil Foden.. You can velco the football to your boots, that's not fair..'

He's English. We're fucking not escaping the fucking jizzfest.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #13581 on: May 4, 2021, 09:10:43 pm »
City potentially winning the CL really devalues the tournament.

Really sad development. It could just as likely have been Norwich. Or Plymouth.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #13582 on: May 4, 2021, 09:12:57 pm »
Foden is a brilliant footballer. The speed with which he executes his skill is frightening.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13583 on: May 4, 2021, 09:44:33 pm »

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #13584 on: May 4, 2021, 09:47:59 pm »
Everything about them is so, so depressing. Once they win the CL it's not hard to seem them just steamrolling teams for years.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13585 on: May 4, 2021, 09:48:13 pm »

Gazza must be Maradona then.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13586 on: May 4, 2021, 09:48:38 pm »

We’re only one year in to the hype as well ffs.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #13587 on: May 4, 2021, 09:49:14 pm »
This is why I can't understand people who say it doesn't matter what they win.  I wasn't old enough to understand what the deal was with Chelsea but did people say that then?  Now Chelsea are basically treated as a normal team.  You keep saying it doesn't matter long enough and eventually before you know it that's the norm.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #13588 on: May 4, 2021, 09:50:14 pm »
Foden is a brilliant footballer. The speed with which he executes his skill is frightening.

I hope Curtis kicks on like he has. Fodens a special talent
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13589 on: May 4, 2021, 09:50:44 pm »
This is why I can't understand people who say it doesn't matter what they win.  I wasn't old enough to understand what the deal was with Chelsea but did people say that then?  Now Chelsea are basically treated as a normal team.  You keep saying it doesn't matter long enough and eventually before you know it that's the norm.

What’s the alternative? To give a shit?

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13590 on: May 4, 2021, 09:50:47 pm »

Yep.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #13591 on: May 4, 2021, 09:52:33 pm »
Chelsea are widely hated. Their success is seen as a direct consequence of Abramovich buying them by absolutely everyone.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13592 on: May 4, 2021, 09:56:12 pm »

Football hasn't done anything about their financial doping. That it doesn't matter when they win is precisely why it isn't normal.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13593 on: May 4, 2021, 09:56:55 pm »
Football hasn't done anything about their financial doping. That it doesn't matter when they win is precisely why it isn't normal.

UEFA tried though?

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13594 on: May 4, 2021, 09:58:38 pm »
They'll win it. The fact our boys have won it makes me cool with it.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13595 on: May 4, 2021, 10:01:05 pm »

But does anyone really know or remember what Chelsea have won? One Champions League is the only stat you can remember with certainty. So being the club with the biggest budget is no guarantee of anything. Granted they’ll compete for everything for as long as Guardiola sticks around but none of it counts for anything and it won’t last forever.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #13596 on: May 4, 2021, 10:01:14 pm »
@sportingintel
Congratulations to @ManCity on reaching a first Champions League final.

(And on a third FFP investigation in 7)
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13597 on: May 4, 2021, 10:03:58 pm »
@sportingintel
Congratulations to @ManCity on reaching a first Champions League final.

(And on a third FFP investigation in 7)

Let's hope this time something sticks.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #13598 on: May 4, 2021, 10:04:06 pm »
What’s the alternative? To give a shit?

I mean, yeah?    Abu Dhabi, just like Abramovich before them, is only trying to buy their way into acceptable society.  If making Manchester City into a super team no longer does that for them then they'll stop trying to make a super team.  This means treating them with disdain not apathy.

With that said that ship has probably sailed and yeah, what can you do.  Pop open another beer while I await my Amazon delivery I guess...

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13599 on: May 4, 2021, 10:04:29 pm »
UEFA tried though?

They did and Man City got off on a technicality which is another reason why their 'success' is hollow. Ceferin also welcomed them back into the Champions League a couple of weeks ago.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.