Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)  (Read 24867 times)

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
« on: August 29, 2019, 12:35:11 pm »
Anyone played the 2v2 Alpha? Thought it played very, very well from the few games I had. I think this is going to be the best CoD in a very long time.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 12:56:32 pm »
Nice one.

I'm looking forward to this one as well. Caught some glimpses of gameplay on Twitch during the weekend and it looked great. I would love a COD similar to COD 4 in its simplicity. Pick a gun and perk and you're ready to go.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 08:09:18 pm »
I cannot wait for this game, i boycotted the CoD franchise after Ghosts when it went with the jet pack thing, Bops 4 i have really enjoyed and that was my return back to the franchise, Spitfire run and gun FTW. ;D

I played the alpha for a couple of hours on sunday, and didn't really gauge anything from it being a 2v2, i pre ordered the game the other day so i'm in the beta on the 12th of September.

The videos ive seen though the last few weeks on YT have totally got me giddy like just before MW2 came out, seems Infinity Ward are going back to that , the sounds of the guns are amazing, visually it's the best looking CoD.

Great that this will be the first CoD that will be cross platform, i'm glad to hear on that front that players from xbox and PS4 will be in lobbies and PC gamers will only get to play with console players if they are in a party with console gamers, reducing the fear of some PC modders ruining the game.

And it also has the return of the burst gun Famas. :scarf.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 08:17:28 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 09:11:03 pm »
Haven’t been excited for CoD for years, played the 2v2 Alpha and I’m now having withdrawals from it, can’t wait to play it again.

It feels like classic, balls to the wall, CoD.

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 01:33:20 pm »
Didn’t play the Alpha, but the videos have got me excited. The last CoD I bought was WW2, but only played it for a few weeks.

All the lads I used to play with when I was a teenager have said they’ll be getting this, so looking forward to partying up with them this time to play some proper cod again.
YNWA - JFT97

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 8, 2019, 07:57:58 pm »
Sort of tempted by this. I haven't bought a CoD in ages but going back to modern day sounds good, and it does look like a step up visually for once. I'm a bit put off by all the talk of how realistic it is though, it just looks the same as any other CoD so it seems like most of the people covering it are just sticking to the marketing lines rather than actually assessing it properly. I'll probably just wait until it's been out for a few days and see how people are finding it.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 8, 2019, 09:14:05 pm »
Sort of tempted by this. I haven't bought a CoD in ages but going back to modern day sounds good, and it does look like a step up visually for once. I'm a bit put off by all the talk of how realistic it is though, it just looks the same as any other CoD so it seems like most of the people covering it are just sticking to the marketing lines rather than actually assessing it properly. I'll probably just wait until it's been out for a few days and see how people are finding it.

I played the alpha and it's not like the others, at least going off that build.

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 8, 2019, 09:32:10 pm »
I played the alpha and it's not like the others, at least going off that build.

The few vids I've watched have mostly been players sprinting around, guns with zero recoil and plenty of dolphin diving. It's been a while since I've played a CoD game but it didn't look hugely different from past iterations, which might be fine as I'd like another casual shooter game to play but it definitely didn't look hardcore or realistic.

It sounds like the latter stages of the beta will be available for everyone so I'll give it a try then.
« Last Edit: September 8, 2019, 09:33:44 pm by Schmidt »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 11:43:44 am »
Just seen some important dates before the game release.

Weekend 1 PS4 beta 12-16 September.

Crossplay reveal details week of September 16.

Weekend 2 beta crossplay 19-23 September.

Campaign reveal End of September.

Special Ops premiere October 7.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 12:12:45 pm »
The 12th and the 13th is the closed beta. Open beta after that

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2019, 12:16:38 pm »
Anyone trying the beta later?

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2019, 12:34:46 pm »
Anyone trying the beta later?

Yep. Already downloaded and ready to go

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2019, 12:44:17 pm »
Yep impatiently waiting to play it.

I wanna see what the Famas is like.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2019, 01:40:40 pm »
Can anyone download the beta or do you have to be a streamer or some sort of official geek?

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2019, 01:48:28 pm »
Can anyone download the beta or do you have to be a streamer or some sort of official geek?

If you want to play today you have to be a schmuck who pre-orders, it's open to all PS4 players in a couple of days and opens up further after that.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2019, 01:55:56 pm »
If you want to play today you have to be a schmuck who pre-orders, it's open to all PS4 players in a couple of days and opens up further after that.

Or you can make a Saudi Arabian PSN account and download it straight off the store.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2019, 02:29:46 pm »
Downloading done and got my controller and audio settings all set up.

3 hours 31mins to go.  ;D

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2019, 04:23:54 pm »
Downloaded mine earlier, looking forward to it as its been 2 years since I last played a call of duty game.
Just had a quick look online but details in terms of maps & modes seem scarce, anyone got any info?

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2019, 04:26:32 pm »
Haha, thanks. Never pre ordering anything again after I did it with Fallout 76!

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2019, 05:14:49 pm »
Don't suppose anyone has a free code? :)
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2019, 05:53:15 pm »
Downloaded mine earlier, looking forward to it as its been 2 years since I last played a call of duty game.
Just had a quick look online but details in terms of maps & modes seem scarce, anyone got any info?
From what I read you cannot choose a game mode, and ground war is 32 v 32 with driveable tanks.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2019, 06:41:17 pm »
From the 3 games I've played so far the Famas is godly, almost 1 burst kills kills from close to medium range., Looks like the same gun from MW2, The Aug sub machine gun with supressor is pretty good as well in the default class, it kills really quick.

Played 3 different maps..a cave one.. grazna and one that's in London, 2 games of domination and TDM.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2019, 08:30:49 pm »
It's good but harder than the others which I dont mind.

Loads of UAVs though

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2019, 08:47:46 pm »
Yeah way to many uav's, I think everyone is running Hardline. That should change when other perks are available when everyone gets higher ranks,I wish they was more than 3 maps though.

MP5 seems to be my favourite gun so far.

That Hackney Yard is so flawed on TDM, twice I've played it and the other team are just pinned on 1 end because they are not spawning anywhere else, it was like a turkey shoot and they got decimated with cruise missiles lol.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2019, 12:41:03 am »
I'm really impressed with it, graphics are a step up than bops4 and the sounds of the guns and reloading is so realistic.

I made some alterations on my setup, I put auto aim on standard from the beta  default setting and my kills have gone up more, and audio on #3, I hear footsteps much louder on that setting than the others.

Right now cannot get higher than rank 10, I think that will change when the beta expands after 48 hours.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 12:42:50 am by RedSince86 »

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2019, 06:32:55 am »
what do you make of no mini map? I personally want it back, not because you cant see the enemy but its difficult to judge where your team mates are, I don't like seeing the blue highlight through walls.

I'd also be up for scrapping UAV's completely, it forces you to go back to a default class with the AUG or run the risk of the enemy knowing your constant position because everyone is running hardline and uav's then only cost 3 kills.

It feels slightly more battlefield like which I like and I'm looking forward to the bigger game modes, I'm just not sure the mechanics suit such tight maps.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 06:36:32 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2019, 07:53:26 am »
Yeah mini map being absent for long periods sucks, hopefully that returns asap, hopefully they'll see the cod community online complain about that and put it back.

I've maxed out the MP5 with suppressor stock and fastdraw grip and it's pretty beastly, only gripe with it is the reloading, it takes to long.

I had a bad habit of throwing my flash grenade when my health was regenerating from the habit of the stim shot from bops4.

I have a few hours in the morning to play it, kids at nursery and school and other half horse riding, might try some assault rifles.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2019, 05:14:06 pm »
Rankings going up to level 20 later today in the expanded beta today.

Ghost perk at level 13 will be much needed with how plentyful Uav's are in the beta.

I can't stop using the MP5 with supressor and 10mm bullet magazine so I don't reckon I'll be trying any new guns that will be available after level 10.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2019, 10:45:00 pm »
Haven't played COD since blops2 but this is the ticket. It was a campfest at first but with the level cap increasing to 20 people have more choice to create their own loadout to suit their style and it's becoming much more balanced.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2019, 10:55:35 pm »
Random one, had a couple of games and kept getting loads of assists when re-spawned after dying?

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2019, 06:13:31 am »
Just had a couple of hours on it.  Felt like the older CoD's.  Was running overkill with M4 and the first sniper - enjoyed myself.
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2019, 07:56:58 am »
How long does the Beta last?
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2019, 12:39:06 pm »
I decided to give the PS4 version a bit of a blast as PC gamers don't get much of a shot at the beta (even though CoD started there but whatever). It's fun, nothing new necessarily but seems well polished with a couple of nice features, definitely something that could be fun to play in bursts between other games.

I like the lack of a minimap too, it pushes people to focus on their surroundings more and I'd bet a lot of the people unhappy with its removal don't use headphones or look around much, in fact while playing I noticed so many enemy players just sprinting past me or across me without even noticing me because I wasn't sprinting.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2019, 01:29:29 pm »
I'm using the assault class with the Famas now.

Loving this gun,it's exactly like the MW2 version, It's so much fun to use on Domination Grazna map killing people running the lanes from mid range and from Windows.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2019, 01:50:12 pm »
I like the lack of a minimap too

In the few games I played last night, there was a minimap?

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2019, 01:53:21 pm »
In the few games I played last night, there was a minimap?

Yeah they brought it back. I dont mind the lack of mini map however I dont want to see my team mates as blue outlines through walls, it's off putting. I think the mini map that doesnt show the enemy when they fire is a good idea.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2019, 02:27:56 pm »
The UAVs are killing the game IMO.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2019, 05:08:54 pm »
The UAVs are killing the game IMO.

In the full release counter UAV is 4 kills. And Ghost is lvl 13.

But I agree, they are really annoying and I'd be happy for them to be removed completely or put in a higher killstreak

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2019, 05:35:13 pm »
Yeah UAVs have been annoying so far. A few other things have started to bug me after playing it a bit more too:
- When you're outside in the light doorways and windows appear really dark, to the point where you often can't see someone stood in them. I get that this is somewhat realistic but it's frustrating in game as players can essentially stand out in the open and see you perfectly without you knowing they're there. I've had a few cases already of watching a window and thinking it's clear, only to see a red name pop up as someone moves around.
- Footsteps seem way too quiet, I've had loads of instances of me and an enemy running straight into each other without hearing a thing. Dropping from ledges and windows also seems way too quiet, there should be a loud identifiable thump to doing that.
- I like that going prone is a bit cumbersome and it's not easy to turn and aim when you're down, but then on the opposite side of things you can still jump through the air, turn and ADS with no issues. Jumping and falling should limit turn speed pretty severely and force you to use hip-fire until you've landed. Even after landing there should be a brief period of weapon sway where you aim is off and ADS time is slower.
- A few times in Domination we've had two of three objectives and I've respawned right next to the final objective, capturing it easily.
- Enemy players seem to respawn right behind me way too often, seemingly with a clear line of sight to me and zero noise made. It's a CoD thing but still annoying.
- Hip fire is so inaccurate that ADS'ing is almost a must the majority of the time, yet they've made nearly all optics reduce ADS speed. I get that they're trying to balance it but iron sights on a lot of guns are horrible, I wish they'd just make red dots have no negatives and allow people to go nuts with them, as they do look cool and make the game a lot more satisfying to play. Mods in general seem to have so many downsides that I rarely want to use them to be honest, which is a bit disappointing when you're unlocking new attachments one after the other that are all not worth using.
- Grenades go off way too fast, even if I see them coming and get moving I rarely get away before they go off.
- Getting gunned down by a chopper seconds after being respawned out in the open is not fun, though I guess that's another staple CoD thing.

Online Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2019, 07:06:33 pm »
Also why does my controller flash bright orange whenever I have an ammo crate available? I keep deploying them in terrible places just to get the light to stop.