Author Topic: Kirkby upgrade for 1st team??  (Read 122090 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Kirkby upgrade for 1st team??
« Reply #280 on: November 17, 2020, 03:07:28 pm »
We've had more than 12 managers.

Don’t pick on Samie. He can’t count higher than the amount of fingers he has (so 11).

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: November 17, 2020, 05:51:56 pm »
Can anybody shed some light on the existing facilities which the U23s had been using until now. My searches haven't come close to helping me get an idea of how much work would need to be done in order for the women's team to move in now there is - in theory, at least - space where the U23s no longer are. How much of what they used was shared with the U18s? Would a separate dressing room need to be built for example. I imagine we have pitches to spare now but what is under the roof in terms of gyms and medical and such.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: November 17, 2020, 06:05:32 pm »
We're just a big club from Kirkby.  8) ;D

It's seriously so good to see this.  As much as Melwood holds a place in all our hearts, this goes further.  Jurgen's legacy for Liverpool FC goes far beyond the trophies we have, and will continue to win.  Thew AXA Training Ground will make its mark for decades to come.

Pity I wont be around to see the time capsule opened. :(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TheYashLFC

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #286 on: November 17, 2020, 07:57:01 pm »
Sometimes when clubs make new training grounds they try to make it look a bit flashy and a bit more than it actually is. Our design and layout looks like it was solely build to get the best training conditions as possible. No hotels or lodges etc.

I love it.

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: November 17, 2020, 11:58:18 pm »
I know it's been mentioned before but I'm not a fan of this separating out of the Premier League title from our other League titles.

Feeding into the 18+1 rather than 19 narrative.
Does my head in that the club seemed to try and mitigate any ridicule from rival fans by doing this. Like United weren’t parading round tops and marketing anything they could with “champ19ns” written on it when they won their 19th.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #288 on: November 18, 2020, 12:54:55 am »
Does my head in that the club seemed to try and mitigate any ridicule from rival fans by doing this. Like United weren’t parading round tops and marketing anything they could with “champ19ns” written on it when they won their 19th.
It's a trivial matter, but it does still feel like a bit of an own goal separating the two trophies into 18 + 1.

For me, both League Title trophies should be on one plinth, with '19' underneath because, in reality, that's what it is.

Apart from that, the display looks amazing.  8)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #289 on: November 18, 2020, 06:31:48 am »
Don’t see a problem at all, other than some of our fans care too much what fans of other clubs think  ::)

The players who train there everyday lifted that trophy, it deserves pride of place. If that’s on one stand with the other trophy and 19 under or if it’s on it’s own I don’t really see why it matters or why anyone would give a shit.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: November 18, 2020, 08:25:55 am »
I think it's a small distinction that tells the players who won it they did something truly historic. It's their daily place of work, after all.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #291 on: November 18, 2020, 12:26:02 pm »
Seeing that latest Inside Training video and the Ox tour one really makes me wish I kicked a ball about for a living. Have I left it too late? :D Facilities look so good and must be an absolute pleasure to go to work there each day.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #292 on: November 18, 2020, 04:55:35 pm »
Seeing that latest Inside Training video and the Ox tour one really makes me wish I kicked a ball about for a living. Have I left it too late? :D Facilities look so good and must be an absolute pleasure to go to work there each day.
Yeah, it looks fantastic and that Ox video is hilarious, like when he's in hydrotherapy -  '....the lighting in here is definitely a little bit moody - I think Mo's had a little chat to someone and he's asked for a little bit more Zen around the building, so he can get himself in here and do his meditation......'    ;D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #293 on: November 18, 2020, 05:57:58 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1329118925259419649?s=20

Ljinders being able to watch the U23s training in this is good. One of the big plusses of moving to Kirkby

Offline OnTheVirg

• Boys Pen
« Reply #294 on: December 3, 2020, 11:21:04 am »

I like it, it distinguishes us from the others as the out & out, miles ahead, no debate, record holding 1st division champions on 18. Arsenal is in 2nd place with 10 followed by some other 'also rans'. This record is ours forever as the competition/name is now gone. It’ll be just fine in 2 years to say we’re the record holding champions on 21 no matter what the current name of the competition. When others then claim to have won the Premier League more often well, no stress, we’re gonna chip away at that also.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2020, 11:49:07 am by OnTheVirg »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: December 3, 2020, 04:05:20 pm »
It's a trivial matter, but it does still feel like a bit of an own goal separating the two trophies into 18 + 1.

For me, both League Title trophies should be on one plinth, with '19' underneath because, in reality, that's what it is.

Apart from that, the display looks amazing.  8)

They're together again on the Champions wall that they're going to build.

« Last Edit: December 3, 2020, 04:09:34 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #296 on: December 3, 2020, 11:40:46 pm »

They're together again on the Champions wall that they're going to build.

That's nice.  :thumbup :champ 19
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #297 on: December 4, 2020, 05:15:06 pm »
Thai recovery facility is incredible,

Underwater running where you can check their gait
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #298 on: December 4, 2020, 05:19:43 pm »
Two types of water. The posh fucks.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: December 4, 2020, 05:20:23 pm »
That's Fijian mineral water I'll have you know.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: December 4, 2020, 05:33:56 pm »
Easier to use a tap wouldn't it rather than top it up with small bottles?? Must take ages

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #301 on: December 4, 2020, 05:44:10 pm »
Thai recovery facility is incredible,

I've heard that happy endings are included!

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #302 on: January 4, 2021, 05:08:03 pm »
Underwater running where you can check their gait
Bet Hendo’s glad the pool wasn’t around when he did his medical, then.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: January 27, 2021, 01:31:05 pm »
Don’t see a problem at all, other than some of our fans care too much what fans of other clubs think  ::)

The players who train there everyday lifted that trophy, it deserves pride of place. If that’s on one stand with the other trophy and 19 under or if it’s on it’s own I don’t really see why it matters or why anyone would give a shit.

Lol i agree ... the stuff people stress about never ceases to amaze me
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: April 15, 2021, 04:33:58 pm »
Wasn't aware there was a Hillsborough memorial up at Kirkby.  Nice touch.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: April 22, 2021, 08:01:47 am »
Wasn't aware there was a Hillsborough memorial up at Kirkby.  Nice touch.

Nice touch indeed 🙏
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI