Author Topic: Ligue 1  (Read 123014 times)

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
Re: Ligue 1
« Reply #720 on: April 10, 2021, 12:03:08 pm »
Tricky away game for PSG today, while they must have an eye on the return leg of the CL against BM on Wednesday. Huge advanatge for Lille....

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #721 on: April 12, 2021, 10:24:38 am »
Montpellier - Marseille was a cracking game at the weekend, had a bit of everything. Goals, red cards, a monsoon.

Finished 3-3 - I tuned in to watch Caleta-Car and unfortunately he was the red card! A touch harsh but he did catch the guy, clear attempt to play the ball though. Should have been a yellow, never a straight red. He was laughing at the situation but you've seen them given. He really does look to me like his motivation to play for Marseille is in the toilet at present, got in a few silly wrestling matches prior to the red so I think the ref was waiting for a chance to punish him. About a minute later, Pape Gueye did a horrible, reckless tackle that was clearly a straight red, but somehow it went unpunished. Mad decision.

Andy Delort scored a cracking lob and Laborde scored a diving header in stoppage time to rescue a point for Montpellier.

No player on either side having a good enough game to write home about, maybe Mandanda because the goal was peppered when they were hanging on at 2-1.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: April 19, 2021, 07:09:54 am »
This has been the best race in French league in years. Lille, PSG, Monaco and Lyon has 70,69,68 and 67 points with 5 matches to go. If Lille drop points at Lyon next, I think PSG will win their next 5 to wrap this up.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: April 21, 2021, 10:37:47 am »
Yes, the away game to Lyon will be the big determinant in my opinion, for Lille. Win that, and I think they may be unstoppable for the rest of the season....

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: April 21, 2021, 01:05:58 pm »
This has been the best race in French league in years. Lille, PSG, Monaco and Lyon has 70,69,68 and 67 points with 5 matches to go. If Lille drop points at Lyon next, I think PSG will win their next 5 to wrap this up.

Kovac has done a brilliant job at Monaco.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #725 on: April 21, 2021, 04:35:29 pm »

Could do with PSG finishing 4th of that lot.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: April 23, 2021, 05:53:28 pm »
Do French clubs get a points penalty for going into administration?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #727 on: April 25, 2021, 07:08:20 pm »
Lyon vs Lille tonight is an absolutely massive game.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: April 25, 2021, 09:34:53 pm »
PSG top at it stands, Lyon 2-0 up at half time and Jonathan David just got Lille’s second to make it 2-2. About 20 left to play. Will be an absolute disaster for Lyon if they don’t win this given the lead they had.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: April 25, 2021, 09:44:29 pm »
I'd take Depay on a free.

3-2 Lille, btw.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: April 25, 2021, 09:52:02 pm »
How good is Sven Botman ,he seems to be the defensive lynchpin at Lille by all accounts?

When we were linked with him in January, those Youtube vids he looked really good.

Who's better between him at Caleta-Car?
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: April 25, 2021, 09:56:46 pm »
crazy match. Lille were down 2-0 at Lyon and fell to 4th in the table but Burak Yilmaz scored 2 and assisted the other to complete the 3-2 comeback and they are on top of the table again!

Offline Vinay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: April 25, 2021, 09:57:42 pm »
It is Lille's to lose now. What a team. Bloody hell....

I think Botman is massively helped by Fonte, tbf.

I can't see many weaknesses in this Lille team. The way they press and attack at speed is a pleasure to watch.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: April 25, 2021, 10:01:25 pm »
Yilmaz is to Lille what Gary Mac was to us. A 35 year old free transfer and, if they see this out, he'll be a Lille legend for what he did tonight you'd imagine.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: April 25, 2021, 10:15:25 pm »
Yilmaz is to Lille what Gary Mac was to us. A 35 year old free transfer and, if they see this out, he'll be a Lille legend for what he did tonight you'd imagine.
Absolutely. Also Lille's scouting really deserve praises. Not only Burak, they got Yusuf Yazici from Turkey for a small fee who has been key for them as well along with the Canadian Jonathan David from Gent. They gor the RB Zeki Celik from Turkish 2nd league 2 years ago and he has been key for Lille, I am pretty sure they will get big offers for all these 3 players.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: April 25, 2021, 10:28:54 pm »
Luis Campos, he's the recruitment magician. Seems quite Monchi-like with his hidden gems and punts on experienced players, and in the same way I think he'd struggle at a really massive club.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #736 on: April 25, 2021, 10:43:41 pm »
Yilmaz going abroad for only the second time in his career bar a short stint in China and doing all this for Lille is incredible. Would be really good for the league if someone else wins it this season. Really interesting title race.

Jonathan David has done his part too, don't know much about him but had heard we were one of several clubs interested in him in the past, he's possibly one to watch if he can kick on and become one of the top few goalscorers in Ligue 1.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #737 on: April 25, 2021, 10:47:31 pm »
I'd take Depay on a free.

3-2 Lille, btw.

Depay on a free will be a great move for whoever gets him, providing he can stay fit. He's still got some good years ahead of him and he's been excellent for Lyon. I'd be really happy if we could bring him in, but there should be plenty of teams interested.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #738 on: April 25, 2021, 10:51:02 pm »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: April 26, 2021, 10:51:10 am »
Jonathan David should stay in France another year before making his big move - which he'll get because he's a serious prospect. On the Botman stuff, I was a bit wary earlier in the season (having watched him for Jong Ajax, you could tell he was going to be a good player and I was surprised when Ajax cashed in on him fairly cheaply without integrating him into the side for at least a season - had they done so they probably get double or triple the fee) due to the lack of data from a decent league, but he's looking a serious prospect now. A bit of a beast.

I liked Caleta-Car and still do but his head has been in the toilet since he didn't get the move to us, he's only had one match in the last 8 where he hasn't been booked or sent off. It's definitely not indicative of his game, because he hadn't been booked all season prior to that. He just looks a yard off and doesn't seem to be completely engaged with the project. Which is easy to understand given he was one of the players who was confronted at the training ground by angry, violent fans and then he was given the hope of a move to us before having it snatched away late on. He needs to concentrate on recovering his form and discipline or he'll end up somewhere like West Ham, a place he turned down in the past to get a better move. When he's on it he's excellent, a real swashbuckling, all action defender, but post-January he's verged on liability status. I'd be interested to see if his poor form could be leveraged to get him really cheaply by someone, because he's a Ł40m+ CB when he's on it.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: April 26, 2021, 01:55:29 pm »
Agreed with the post above, Lille players won't be short of offers this summer for sure but if I was Jonathan David, Yazici or Botman, I'd rather play one more season with Lille given that they will most likely be in cl group stages automatically. They are still quite young.

As for Burak Yilmaz, he is 36 and crazy to think he's been doing all these at that age, they will have a statue of him if they are champions this summer. If he was playing for Westbrom, Sheffield Wednesday or Fulham, I have to say they would be 10 points above pf where they are now. Again incredible recruitment by Lille as 67CherryRed said.

Meanwhile, Monaco has been a pleasant surprise as well this season. They are still up there for the title hunt and i suppose they will finish in CL places to the expense of Lyon.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 01:57:01 pm by elsewhere »

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #741 on: May 2, 2021, 11:20:33 pm »
« Last Edit: May 2, 2021, 11:43:44 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: May 2, 2021, 11:23:30 pm »
Monaco vs Lyon tonight :o  :lmao

13 minute highlights - www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2021/05/02/monaco-vs-olympique-lyonnais-highlights-2

Was a great 2nd half. I backed Cerki shot on target by accident while he was still in the bench  ;D

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: May 2, 2021, 11:28:28 pm »
Monaco vs Lyon tonight :o  :lmao

13 minute highlights - www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2021/05/02/monaco-vs-olympique-lyonnais-highlights-2

2 from each team sent off   Edit 3 from Lyon    Read it wrong
« Last Edit: May 2, 2021, 11:31:22 pm by spen71 »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #744 on: May 2, 2021, 11:38:29 pm »
2 from each team sent off   Edit 3 from Lyon    Read it wrong

2 reds for each team after the final whistle

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: May 3, 2021, 11:03:17 am »
A bit of pushing and shoving but nothing wild, that I could see.

Was a good game, frenetic, Depay definitely still got it after his injury.

Ben Yedder is someone who I think could've taken a bigger move from Sevilla and done it at a very high level, really good player who now has 100 Ligue 1 goals from 211 appearances, despite playing for a crap Toulouse side for a good portion of those.

Monaco's title challenge is pretty much dead now, they need to focus on nailing down that final CL place.

Lille have 5th placed Lens, then lower midtable St Etienne and Angers left to play, the latter two being extremely winnable as neither are going to be relegated or push towards the European spots.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: May 7, 2021, 08:42:51 pm »
Two more goals for Yilmaz. What an unbelievable signing, aged 35.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: May 7, 2021, 09:15:40 pm »
Two more goals for Yilmaz. What an unbelievable signing, aged 35.
They will probably build a statue of him even after 1 year. He's already a club legend.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #748 on: May 7, 2021, 09:20:05 pm »
Yilmaz only played outside of Turkey once, a small stint in China. To do that many goals for them at his age in a league where it's not actually very easy to score loads of goals is very impressive. Lille so close to winning it now.

Another for Jonathan David now, he's came over after impressing in Belgium and has scored a very respectable number for a youngster in his debut season in Ligue 1, perhaps winning the title too. I think he's one the top clubs will be looking at.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2021, 09:25:07 pm by disgraced cake »

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: May 7, 2021, 09:30:12 pm »
Yilmaz only played outside of Turkey once, a small stint in China. To do that many goals for them at his age in a league where it's not actually very easy to score loads of goals is very impressive. Lille so close to winning it now.

Another for Jonathan David now, he's came over after impressing in Belgium and has scored a very respectable number for a youngster in his debut season in Ligue 1, perhaps winning the title too. I think he's one the top clubs will be looking at.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #750 on: May 7, 2021, 09:50:19 pm »

Half of his goals were penalties though I think. Which of course made Arsenal's decision to spend that much even stranger.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #751 on: May 7, 2021, 10:15:32 pm »
PSG

Spend a billion, flaunt FFP, cant win a ressie league
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: May 9, 2021, 09:42:49 pm »
PSG currently dropping points.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: May 9, 2021, 10:09:53 pm »
Lille nearly there. Great story.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #754 on: May 9, 2021, 10:10:11 pm »
Rennes 1-1 PSG

Lille should win it from here. Poch will probably get sacked. Tottenham are looking for a manager aren't they?  ;D

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #755 on: May 9, 2021, 11:56:17 pm »
It’d be very Pochettino that he landed at a club where basically every coach since they where bought by the human rights abusers have won the league (and most won domestic cup(s) as well), and all he ends up winning is the Super Cup.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #756 on: May 9, 2021, 11:59:22 pm »
Luis campos is a footballing genius.

Built that brilliant Monaco title winning team and he's going to do it again.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: May 10, 2021, 11:40:36 am »
Luis campos is a footballing genius.

Built that brilliant Monaco title winning team and he's going to do it again.
No coincidence he was Real Madrid's head scout in the period leading up to their 4 CL wins in 5 years. Done a brilliant job in France in general.

With PSG's draw meaning Lille go 3 clear, Monaco scraped a 1-0 win to keep the pressure on PSG and Lyon battered Lorient to stay in the hunt.

Kimpembe was sent off after the game looked unwinnable - another show of the diva-like lack of discipline within the squad. I would love to see them drop into 4th and not even make the CL qualifier slot in 3rd.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: May 13, 2021, 01:45:05 pm »
Tifo video on Lille tactics.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FaYo5To3C7w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FaYo5To3C7w</a>

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #759 on: May 16, 2021, 08:14:26 pm »

C'mon Lille ;D

Was hoping Reims would nick a point off PSG too...

though Reims are already down to 10 men after Abdelhami got a red card for handball in the box (and a penalty for PSG too) on 11 mins... Neymar scores the resulting penalty. Doh!

https://www.flashscore.co.uk/football/france/ligue-1