Author Topic: Destiny 2 - The sequel we needed?  (Read 55999 times)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Destiny 2 - No Spoilers Guardians
« Reply #160 on: July 28, 2017, 07:37:28 am »
Is this basically Halo with RPG elements? Is the shooter side of it well done? Looks intriguing, but in the fence especially when it got mixed reviews on launch (Original one I mean) How's it compare to the original Mass Effect and or Halo? Anyone able to give quick response or point to a relevant review

The gunplay in D1 is on par with Halo for me,. It's nothing like mass effect though, yes you level up but in terms of story and character development there isn't any. You unlock weapons and armour a bit like Borderlands.

The gunplay off the beta of D2 isn't as good as the first imo and the pvp side isn't as good either, cooldowns take ages, maps are small even with 4vs 4, only a beta but they didn't show off its better side if there is one.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: July 28, 2017, 07:38:56 am »
Is this basically Halo with RPG elements? Is the shooter side of it well done? Looks intriguing, but in the fence especially when it got mixed reviews on launch (Original one I mean) How's it compare to the original Mass Effect and or Halo? Anyone able to give quick response or point to a relevant review
Kind of Halo-esque yeah!
It had mixed reviews mainly due to the fact that the story was non-existent, all of the games lore was in these things called 'Grimoire Cards' which you obtained in game through finding collectibles and completing certain missions/tasks (you could only see the text on these cards on their website though so it alienated a lot of people from underatanding the lore.) Needless to say it wasn't executed very well, however the game play was brilliant and addictive if you like grindy games, trying to find that better piece of armour or weapon was part of what made it so fun!

Hopefully the new one is just as good (the beta was pretty limited but decent.)
If I were you mate I'd wait until the reviews start coming out for it or wait to see if they release a demo so you can try it first. It's one of those games where you'll sink 1000+ hours into it, or 4.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #162 on: July 28, 2017, 08:04:28 am »
Cheers, I'll see how 2 is received

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: August 4, 2017, 08:52:30 am »
I would say the original Destiny gunplay was the best I have ever played on any first person shooter. Better than Halo without doubt. The gunplay on the D2 beta was not as good and the pvp aspect was neither as chaotic nor as fun as D1. I think quite a few tweaks will be made before release though, hence why betas are released anyway, plus Bungie have made many alterations throughout Destiny 1 so I am sure they will be doing the same in D2. I hope it will be better overall.

But also it really is nothing like mass effect in the gameplay or the story so...... I loved the original Mass Effect games and the new one wasn't bad but the actual gameplay of Destiny pretty much craps on Mass Effect in general, but the storyline is not as good because it is not well told within the game itself. They really screwed up with the grimoire cards and all that stuff on D1

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2017, 07:13:12 pm »
Launch trailer:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hdWkpbPTpmE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hdWkpbPTpmE</a>
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 07:15:24 pm by Hierro »
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2017, 07:15:23 pm »
I'm a bit excited....

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: August 23, 2017, 09:59:59 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dSg8PrVIYA

European Dead Zone gameplay leaked, very spoiler packed!

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2017, 12:44:30 pm »
Really looking forward to this now. Can't wait to get into a new timesink lol. Plus getting it on PS4 and pre ordering I will get all the exclusives bar the sword n emblem n stuff from the limited edition version. But not fussed about that. Just wanna enjoy patrolling again. That was a huge part of enjoying the original, but when patrolling became obsolete and everyone just wanted to raid,  I found the game less enjoyable :(

Anyhow new game, new patrols,  new characters, new weapons new everything in less than 2 weeks time. So excited. Watched that link except for the dead sectors bit. I didn't want any spoilers for that lol. Can't wait to get my guardian shooting their way to victory vs Gaual n his cronies!!!

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #168 on: August 24, 2017, 01:22:49 pm »
So am I looking forward to this hopefully this and COD WW2 will take me though the Winter months.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: August 24, 2017, 05:07:46 pm »
I'm gonna be playing this and Assassin's Creed Origins this winter methinks. Maybe Days Gone as well. But I wanna play this most n maybe get the other games a bit later coz when I got Destiny 1 I hardly ever played anything else for over a year, so I wanna make sure I get the most out of this before I venture into new and time consuming games.

No point spreading yourself thin in gaming coz you don't really get to enjoy them unless you immerse yourself into them and if this is as good as the original then I won't enjoy the other games much coz this will be taking up my time too much!

But yeah so looking forward to new Destiny areas and battles. Dead sectors and adventures, new strikes and new nightfalls, new raid, new storyline. Will we end up fighting any Taken you think? I have seen Fallen, Cabal (obviously), Vex. I can see that the Hive will probably also be making an appearance but I'm not sure about the Taken or the Siva. It would be cool to have the Siva trying to take over the Cabal though.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2017, 06:06:12 pm »
The EDZ trailer has me really excited, for the first time since the reveal trailer.
Believe.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: August 24, 2017, 09:26:42 pm »
Found out Siva will be returning - haven't heard anything about the Taken though, but still Vex, Cabal, Hive, Fallen and Fallen Siva, hopefully something new too, but that isn't from anything i have heard that's just me wishing :D

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2017, 09:56:55 pm »
Believe.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2017, 10:43:23 pm »
Oh Helloooooo!!!!

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #174 on: August 25, 2017, 04:36:56 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dvtZPmZx9W4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dvtZPmZx9W4</a>

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: August 25, 2017, 05:48:50 pm »
There are quite a lot of videos of the EDZ from Destiny 2 on youtube now, showing quite a few public events etc. The Taken are back too. All the enemies have been given re animations and graphical improvements. It is looking a much bigger and better game than the original vanilla Destiny.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #176 on: August 25, 2017, 05:59:17 pm »
One negitive I have heard is you dont get your Sparrow until you hit the top level. so there is a lot of long trips on foot unless you manage to nick one.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2017, 06:29:12 pm »
Depends on what 'top level' is and how long it takes to get there. In vanilla Destiny it was level 20 when Legendary armour and weaponry was available, which to be fair didn't take very long AT ALL, so not getting your sparrow early might not be that bad at all. I might be wrong and it might be a real pain in the arse.

Either way I want to play the f@*king thing NOW :D

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2017, 08:51:09 pm »
According to Edge magazine who played the whole campaign and patrol's said "Patrols don't unlock until the final third of the campaign, and until the notification popped up we hadn't even noticed their absence" and you unlock your sparrow at around Mission 20 and they have added fast travel to certain parts of the map so that would help i guess.

Watched one video of a guy playing and he was around level 16 and was getting destroyed doing a public event, he said he wasn't high enough "power" so looks like patrols might actually be a decent challenge and well worth actually doing.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2017, 04:38:07 pm »
Watched a 90 minutes video of patrolling/freeroam in the EDZ on youtube. It looks huge and really REALLY good!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M54S_nY_Xw&t=532s

Beware - no actual storyline spoilers but it might have content you don't want to see yet!

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2017, 03:35:31 am »
If it's new content it's a spoiler!! :D
Believe.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: August 28, 2017, 03:55:08 pm »
I said no storyline spoilers :D not any actual spoilers!!!!! Btw you get to see lots of stuff regarding stuff to do with other stuff!!!!!

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: August 28, 2017, 05:21:06 pm »
I can't help myself.....keep watching all these leak videos and spoiler videos!!!! just sat and watched one showing you the vault space and new inventory space

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: August 28, 2017, 07:47:23 pm »
looks fairly decent at 60fps and 4k ;D
STFU and agree with me.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: August 28, 2017, 07:49:33 pm »
looks fairly decent at 60fps and 4k ;D
Pains me to think that we have to wait until October for the PC version too!

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: August 28, 2017, 07:58:18 pm »
i'm ok with waiting, just happy that it's actually going to be on PC this time
STFU and agree with me.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: August 29, 2017, 01:11:01 am »
Trying to stay away from any more videos :D I watched that 90 minute one too many times. Albeit not loads but still too many - I wanna try and save the rest for when I get to play the damn thing :)

Still wanting to play it right now, but as we have less than 10 days to go I can get on with other stuff until the 5th n then get super excited and not sleep for a night or 2 until it arrives from amazon

Online OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #187 on: August 29, 2017, 10:19:55 am »
Out next wednesday!

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #188 on: August 29, 2017, 06:47:25 pm »
This time next week I'll have finished for 7 days and will be ready to play the shit out of this.  You'd better be good, story!
Believe.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: August 29, 2017, 07:01:31 pm »
This time next week it won't be out yet Stevo :D but an evening of quiet reflection and contemplation about how time will suddenly disappear out of your life as we embark on raids and strikes and patrols and lost sectors and story missions and nightfalls and and and and.................. sooooooooo looking forward to this lol.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: August 29, 2017, 07:03:20 pm »
PC beta available for everyone now

cancelled my pre-order on ps4 but gonna give it another bash on pc and see how it goes

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #191 on: August 31, 2017, 06:18:56 pm »
The live action trailer is here...........and it's awesome.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/[/size]LSxElWwWVFE[size=2px]" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/[/size]LSxElWwWVFE[size=2px]</a>
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 06:20:31 pm by Hierro »
Believe.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: August 31, 2017, 07:29:32 pm »
The live action trailer is here...........and it's awesome.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/[/size]LSxElWwWVFE[size=2px]" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/[/size]LSxElWwWVFE[size=2px]</a>
Well there's me not being able to sleep for a week due to hype.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: September 1, 2017, 02:32:10 am »
Hehehe that was an awesome trailer :D

Off work til Monday. Then three days of work and anticipation to go with angst and hype. Not looking forward to Monday and Tuesday, or even Wednesday coz I won't be able to play D2 until I get home from work :( FFS!!!!!!

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: September 1, 2017, 02:06:55 pm »
Just 5 days to go!!!

Pity we haven't got club football to help distract us from the time before we can play it. Bloody internationals.

Big leaks out about Xur and exotics n stuff. But stayed away from them coz I don't wanna spoil any story or game stuff. I watched the patrol vid, coz it was just patrolling n gameplay. Don't like it when ppl spoil the actual game n story just for youtube clicks :( :(

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: September 1, 2017, 10:35:53 pm »
What platform is everyone gonna be playing this on then?

Offline Malcolm Night

• Anny Roader
« Reply #196 on: September 2, 2017, 12:24:45 am »
Although the PC beta felt a bit nicer than the PS4 one I'm getting D2 on the latter so that I can play with my pals, dead excited for it now.  :lickin

Online OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #197 on: September 2, 2017, 12:58:05 am »
Big leaks out about Xur and exotics n stuff. But stayed away from them coz I don't wanna spoil any story or game stuff. I watched the patrol vid, coz it was just patrolling n gameplay. Don't like it when ppl spoil the actual game n story just for youtube clicks :( :(

Yes I've avoided the leaks too. I hope I don't know the name of any weapons before either I get them or see someone with one in the game.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: September 2, 2017, 01:35:34 am »
I played all of Destiny 1 on xbox. But after having seen all the exclusive titles on ps4 for this gen I decided to buy a PS4. The first game I get that didn't come with the console? Destiny 2 ffs lol. I bought this console to play things like Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted series, Detroit: Become Human, Days Gone etc n the first game I buy is fucking Destiny 2 :D

I know we get more exclusives on PS4 but damn I just couldn't help myself when it comes to this blasted game :D so in answer to your question, I am playing Destiny 2 on PS4. A good chance I will be doing a lot of stuff with Steevvvoo. If it stops him from moaning about Battlefield 1 I will not stop playing Destiny 2 with him  :D

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #199 on: September 2, 2017, 12:16:10 pm »
Me?  Moaning about the bullshit full auto medic rifles, Hellreigel noobs, plane abusers, head glitchers and still broken as shit Battlefield 1?

I think you've confused me with someone else.....

:)
Believe.