Author Topic: Liverpool City Council  (Read 110696 times)

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
Re: Joe Anderson Mayor of Liverpool
« Reply #400 on: March 27, 2021, 09:43:34 am »
Re the Churchill Flyover..there was strutual decay....but it was also a fucking eyesore and received low traffic use. There had beem calls for years to remove it....biggest objectors....Taxi drivers...as it was a handy short cut

The need/desire to remove the Churchill way is one thing how the money was spent to achieve  it is separate.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: March 27, 2021, 10:57:25 am »
Yeah I mean that is the crux of the issue here. Sure the Tories probably jumped at the chance. But the Tories were not the ones who ordered the police investigations into the councils dodgy dealings.

When the mayor is being arrested along with a load of key development figures in the city, there wasn´t really much choice left unfortunately.

Successive national Tory governments have been terrible for this city - and their name is rightly mud as it should be everywhere else in the country. Unfortunately successive local Labour administrations have played their part too. The fact that they are supposed to be "our own" possibly makes it even worse...because at least we know what to expect from Tories. To have local Labour figures fucking over their own city like this is unforgivable.
Manchester - a solid Labour city - has blossomed and is surging ahead so why is that ? Could it be they have a council who are not corrupt as fuck and actually know what they are doing ?
I am also not sure why the tories would want to do this, if they fuck it up then thats no good for them if they turn the council around then it will be credited to the parts of the council not run by commisioners, I really don't see an upside of this for the tories as lets face it this will blow over and Labour be elected again in Liverpool and will carry on as they always have.

I would be amazed if a single person is convicted let alone jailed, successful criminals are successful due to practice and experience, our council has years of corrupt practice and experience to make sure they get away with it.

Not one councillor has resigned or apologised and they won't because they know that they can ride it out, blame the tories for everything and carry on business as usual.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #402 on: March 27, 2021, 11:03:29 am »
I am not defending local Labour anywhere in that post. Despite being a member of the Labour party (although thinking about packing that in very shortly) I never vote Labour in local elections because I have seen how they have been running the city the last 10 years. I am absolutely fuming with what has happened to put it lightly

But you say Manchester is surging? Sure it has the spotlight, the big developments and more high end jobs. I would kill for a local leadership as productive as that in Manchester.

But like everywhere else in the country under Tory rule it is also surging in terms of rates of poverty, hunger and homelessness. Its council budget has also been cut to the bone (although no where worse then Liverpool) leading to big cuts in vital social services.

I don´t know how you can argue that successive Tory governments have been anything but terrible for this city, or Manchester or any other post-Industrial city for that matter?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 11:06:01 am by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline zadoktBeast

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #403 on: March 28, 2021, 04:08:35 am »
Re the Churchill Flyover..there was strutual decay....but it was also a fucking eyesore and received low traffic use. There had beem calls for years to remove it....biggest objectors....Taxi drivers...as it was a handy short cut

Of course I respect that a lot of people thought the flyover was an eyesore, but as an aesthetic contrarian, I for one reserve the right to claim that beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder (when standing out front of the Ship n Mitre!).

You can gauge my architectural contrariness by my conceited opinion that the renovations on the nearby Museum and Library have been a complete effing disaster!

Anyway back to the flyover - this is my favourite Beatles song:

There are shortcuts I remember
all my liiiiiiiiife, though some have changed
Some forever not for better
The flyover's gone, and nowt remains

All these flyovers have their memries...with hookers and tramps
I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living (kinda)
In myyyyyyy life, I've swerved them all

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: March 28, 2021, 10:15:42 am »
The churchill flyover was probably the only one I didn't dislike. I felt it was quite elaborate and unique for a city centre (not that I'm well versed in other cities), and I have fond memories of travelling on it.

It was once a lot busier when buses weren't all routed through Hood Street/Queens Square, and you could get a bus all the way to the Pier Head instead of having to walk half a sodding mile.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #405 on: March 28, 2021, 12:12:23 pm »
The churchill flyover was probably the only one I didn't dislike. I felt it was quite elaborate and unique for a city centre (not that I'm well versed in other cities), and I have fond memories of travelling on it.

It was once a lot busier when buses weren't all routed through Hood Street/Queens Square, and you could get a bus all the way to the Pier Head instead of having to walk half a sodding mile.

My dad’s company put the metal guard rail in along the whole flyover back in the 80s. Me and three mates spent all summer giving it 4 coats of special rubberised paint. Glad to see the paint job outlasted the structure!

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #407 on: March 28, 2021, 09:47:08 pm »
Thumb head strikes again.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/joe-anderson-court-battle-make-20274792^

Maybe he should pay back the last lot first, best part of £90k wasn't it?

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: March 28, 2021, 09:56:16 pm »
Thumb head strikes again.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/joe-anderson-court-battle-make-20274792^

Joe Stalinderson wants the council to fund his defence against corruption charges? :lmao

Can't fund his defence against fraud charges, but he can fund a court case to try and force the council to foot the bill for him?  Ironic that if the allegations are true he can probably fund his own defence quite handily - but that would immediately show he's got dosh he shouldn't have.

Popcorn's Art

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #409 on: March 28, 2021, 10:52:56 pm »
Joe Stalinderson wants the council to fund his defence against corruption charges? :lmao

Can't fund his defence against fraud charges, but he can fund a court case to try and force the council to foot the bill for him?  Ironic that if the allegations are true he can probably fund his own defence quite handily - but that would immediately show he's got dosh he shouldn't have.

Well the Council paid his legal bills in a dispute with his previous employer so.......

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/mayor-joe-anderson-q-89000-10064311

And just noticed this has been previously been coverd!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 10:54:44 pm by So... Howard Phillips »

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: March 29, 2021, 08:39:26 am »
Well the Council paid his legal bills in a dispute with his previous employer so.......

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/mayor-joe-anderson-q-89000-10064311

And just noticed this has been previously been coverd!

Aye, it's in the article too I think.

What I don't understand is why has he been arrested but not charged, as the article alludes to? Did I read it wrong? They could have just called him in for questioning.

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: March 29, 2021, 10:57:40 am »
Aye, it's in the article too I think.

What I don't understand is why has he been arrested but not charged, as the article alludes to? Did I read it wrong? They could have just called him in for questioning.

Arrest gives the police powers to search, seize goods and documents etc to aid their investigation.

Calling him for an interview doesn't. They could always apply for a warrant but arrest and the powers that flow from that are easier.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #412 on: March 29, 2021, 11:35:32 am »
Interesting post on reddit about Joe's daughter working for a firm owned by a Mr D Hatton...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Liverpool/comments/mflj8n/joe_andersons_daughter_old_swan_councillor_joanne/

::)

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: March 29, 2021, 11:37:41 am »
Arrest gives the police powers to search, seize goods and documents etc to aid their investigation.

Calling him for an interview doesn't. They could always apply for a warrant but arrest and the powers that flow from that are easier.

Was he charged with anything? I thought he had, but not sure from that article now.

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: March 29, 2021, 03:17:42 pm »
Was he charged with anything? I thought he had, but not sure from that article now.

Released on bail, which was rescinded and now just under investigation.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: March 29, 2021, 03:28:45 pm »
Released on bail, which was rescinded and now just under investigation.

Didn't realise you could arrest someone and release them on bail without actually charging them for anything.  I thought you got charged, then bailed. I guess that's why it's under investigation?  No wonder Chippy Tits is suing then.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: March 29, 2021, 08:30:48 pm »
Joe Anderson to be replaced by Jo Anderson.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: March 29, 2021, 09:20:18 pm »
Joe Anderson to be replaced by Jo Anderson.

may as well shove a hand grenade up my arse and pull the pin if she wins

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: March 29, 2021, 09:47:36 pm »
may as well shove a hand grenade up my arse and pull the pin if she wins

You going to follow this guy's example then? ;D

"On 27 August 2009, Asiri queued up at Mohammed bin Nayef's Jeddah palace as a "well-wisher," a tradition in the kingdom during Ramadan. He exploded a suicide bomb (perhaps with a mobile phone), killing himself, but only lightly injuring bin Nayef (who was protected from the full force of the blast by Asiri's body).[10][11] Assisted by his older brother, Ibrahim al-Asiri, he had hidden a pound (about 0.45 kg) of PETN plastic explosives in his rectum and anal canal, which security experts described as a novel technique.[12][13] Asiri had passed through a metal detector and remained in the security of the Prince's bodyguards for over 24 hours before gaining the audience.[14] "I did not want him to be searched, but he surprised me by blowing himself up," said Mohammed bin Nayef.[15]"

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: March 29, 2021, 10:18:00 pm »
You going to follow this guy's example then? ;D

Well I'm not planning on getting anybody else involved.  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #421 on: March 29, 2021, 11:06:53 pm »
Well I'm not planning on getting anybody else involved.  ;D

Not any moving through back channels?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: March 30, 2021, 09:23:23 am »
Not any moving through back channels?

I imagine that will happen explosively fast at the appropriate time.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #423 on: March 30, 2021, 11:42:22 am »
Councillors suddenly found their voices, eh? Where was this ‘outrage’ when £90k was used to fund his legal fight for his pension rights from his previous job?!! I suppose it’s safe now that a new candidate’s been confirmed: definitely a case of the king is dead, long live the king.

They’re all totally shameless and now scrambling like rats to try to salvage what’s left of their reputations - if they had a shred of integrity they’d resign en masse, but we all know that would never happen. The city’s seen some dark times but this is right up there

Labour councillors turn on Anderson over 'outrageous' legal fight
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/labour-councillors-turn-joe-anderson-20283795
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: March 30, 2021, 11:44:23 am »
Councillors suddenly found their voices, eh? Where was this ‘outrage’ when £90k was used to fund his legal fight for his pension rights from his previous job?!! I suppose it’s safe now that a new candidate’s been confirmed: definitely a case of the king is dead, long live the king.

They’re all totally shameless and now scrambling like rats to try to salvage what’s left of their reputations - if they had a shred of integrity they’d resign en masse, but we all know that would never happen. The city’s seen some dark times but this is right up there

Labour councillors turn on Anderson over 'outrageous' legal fight
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/labour-councillors-turn-joe-anderson-20283795

He's a cheeky fat bastard.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #425 on: March 30, 2021, 12:09:04 pm »
Maybe Everton could pay his legal fees for him. He's scratched their back for long enough.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: March 30, 2021, 12:14:48 pm »
Maybe Everton could pay his legal fees for him. He's scratched their back for long enough.

not enough hands to scratch that back.  It's big enough to park a fucking aircraft carrier on.

Popcorn's Art

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: April 7, 2021, 09:38:04 am »
Anybody else getting weird Lawrence Kenwright ads on youtube? The first one I got was a couple of weeks ago and was a clip of that interview which was posted at the bottom of page nine. I got another one this morning of just him on his own talking into his camera about Joe again.

I've not been near this subject in any internet spaces for it to be affecting which ads I get, so it must be targetted locally? Was actually the youtube music app as well just to make it a bit stranger still.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #428 on: April 7, 2021, 09:52:56 am »
Anybody else getting weird Lawrence Kenwright ads on youtube? The first one I got was a couple of weeks ago and was a clip of that interview which was posted at the bottom of page nine. I got another one this morning of just him on his own talking into his camera about Joe again.

I've not been near this subject in any internet spaces for it to be affecting which ads I get, so it must be targetted locally? Was actually the youtube music app as well just to make it a bit stranger still.

It's even weirder when you check out some of the Youtube comments praising him. Some of them so very clearly posted by mates or people paid to do it (maybe even the man himself?!). Including one I saw from a Youtube account created from the same day he posted the video.

Lawrence Kenwright bots?!!  :o

Very strange all round.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #429 on: April 7, 2021, 12:15:19 pm »

yep, same here....some front on him it has to be said....I suspect people will have their own thoughts about how/why he was granted planning permission to turn this:

into this:

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #430 on: April 7, 2021, 01:13:51 pm »

Looks like a paper building landed atop another one...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #431 on: April 7, 2021, 01:51:55 pm »
has to be one of the worst developments in the whole of the UK…certainly in terms of the ruination of an existing beautiful structure...anyone and everyone involved in the monstrosity should be imprisoned...maybe some will

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: April 7, 2021, 01:56:18 pm »
When an echo poll called it the worst building in the city they complained saying the external cladding etc wasn't finished. I'd attended two weddings about 3 years apart and they'd still done nothing to mitigate how bad it looks.

Didn't even build the slide either.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: April 7, 2021, 04:13:43 pm »
I despise the Shankly Hotel, if only because it has to be the very antithesis of everything the man himself stood for.

That monstrosity blocked off a load of sunlight from the buildings opposite on Victoria street, and probably accelerated those buildings' landlord into chucking out tenants to convert it into another hotel, although the pandemic might have crow barred that plan.

Popcorn's Art

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #434 on: May 6, 2021, 09:39:02 pm »
Shouldn't the title change to Ex- Mayor?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Joe Anderson ex-Mayor of Liverpool
« Reply #435 on: May 7, 2021, 05:56:03 pm »
Shouldn't the title change to Ex- Mayor?

Just remove an e.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #437 on: May 21, 2021, 05:09:59 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: May 21, 2021, 08:30:01 pm »
Joe Anderson: 'I didn't know my son was given flyover contract'

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/joe-anderson-claims-didnt-know-20645216#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

Use the app.

I know the wife of Frank Prendergast.  She swears blind he talked to Anderson about what was going on and got the brush off. Then Uncle Joe started avoiding Frank like the plague.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: May 21, 2021, 08:41:57 pm »