Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2529259 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy.
« Reply #30800 on: May 8, 2021, 10:55:23 pm »
People at work who never take breaks, continue working throughout lunch and are just basically glued to their chair for 9 hours each day. Shouldn't annoy me but it does because it makes the others who do takes breaks and lunch look bad.

To me it just makes them look like stupid twats.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #30801 on: May 8, 2021, 10:59:27 pm »

Crikey, I'm one of those stupid twats ;D
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30802 on: May 8, 2021, 11:30:20 pm »
Don't know if they do it to impress their boss or they just like to work but I'd love to show them this image

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30803 on: May 9, 2021, 10:38:57 am »
Its supposed to be nice today and I'm too bloody knackered to be arsed to do anything. :no
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30804 on: May 9, 2021, 01:14:35 pm »
People at work who never take breaks, continue working throughout lunch and are just basically glued to their chair for 9 hours each day. Shouldn't annoy me but it does because it makes the others who do takes breaks and lunch look bad.

To who?
Those people you're talking about are generally a c*nt.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30805 on: May 9, 2021, 01:49:25 pm »
Crikey, I'm one of those stupid twats ;D

You are if you are working for free - over a 4 week period that 20 hours of unpaid work. They'll still make you redundant at the drop of a hat too.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30806 on: May 9, 2021, 03:06:56 pm »
You are if you are working for free - over a 4 week period that 20 hours of unpaid work. They'll still make you redundant at the drop of a hat too.

Defintetely not for free. I either take my extra hours as overtime or "flexi hours". In fact, since I've worked more or less every weekend so far this year, I took a week holiday just now; only using my "flexi hours"  :)
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30807 on: May 9, 2021, 03:37:25 pm »
Defintetely not for free. I either take my extra hours as overtime or "flexi hours". In fact, since I've worked more or less every weekend so far this year, I took a week holiday just now; only using my "flexi hours"  :)

That's fine then, I do the same myself if I need time off to do stuff. I think the ones being referred to in the original post are not getting the hours back/getting paid for it though.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30808 on: May 9, 2021, 04:29:13 pm »
To who?
Those people you're talking about are generally a c*nt.
The ones in my office are just brown nosing the management I feel. Even if my work piles up sky high I wouldn't work overtime unless I'm paid for it.

I learnt my lesson from my previous job to not go above and beyond unless there's a payoff. Worked so hard there all Summer when other people got furloughed and I got made redundant with just 24 hours notice and not even got a thank you, while the furloughed people got called back on full pay.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30809 on: May 9, 2021, 04:46:28 pm »
The ones in my office are just brown nosing the management I feel. Even if my work piles up sky high I wouldn't work overtime unless I'm paid for it.

I learnt my lesson from my previous job to not go above and beyond unless there's a payoff. Worked so hard there all Summer when other people got furloughed and I got made redundant with just 24 hours notice and not even got a thank you, while the furloughed people got called back on full pay.

I've had replies to emails from directors at 2am Sunday mornings/while they were abroad on holiday/off for Bank Holidays and then seen them walk into work and been asked for their phone and laptop and out the door, fuck you very much. Dickheads the lot of them.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30810 on: May 9, 2021, 08:42:06 pm »
I've had replies to emails from directors at 2am Sunday mornings/while they were abroad on holiday/off for Bank Holidays and then seen them walk into work and been asked for their phone and laptop and out the door, fuck you very much. Dickheads the lot of them.
Yep even at my job I see idiots emailing at the weekend and bank holidays. Fuck these companies, they don't give a fuck about you. If you dropped dead right now, your job would be advertised by tomorrow, always take care of yourself first.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30811 on: May 10, 2021, 12:01:16 pm »
Eating my burger and chips in the rain at the cafe because the police turned up. (I expected to eat outside, tbf. But I was sitting down inside with a coffee as I waited for my food, and there were two chaps 20 ft away eating at a table.)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30812 on: May 10, 2021, 02:14:28 pm »
Yep even at my job I see idiots emailing at the weekend and bank holidays. Fuck these companies, they don't give a fuck about you. If you dropped dead right now, your job would be advertised by tomorrow, always take care of yourself first.
It's that cycle of bullshit people get into and wfh has made it worse.
In my experience people want to be seen to be working hard, so the have a look at emails after hours, then to show that they are present, they reply, other people see the reply and feel duty bound to reply too because no one wants to be the one who replies at 9am next morning.

Then they start sending late emails, and because that happens, more people look out of hours, then reply and the cycle goes on.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #30813 on: May 10, 2021, 10:26:45 pm »
Data reconciliation.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #30814 on: May 11, 2021, 12:45:29 am »
Data reconciliation.

Did you try counseling?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30815 on: May 11, 2021, 02:32:54 pm »
I work for a large corporation. We get timed on everything, from each task to even going the toilet. We have set times to do each tasks and you'll still get people powering through them. Despite the fact it just makes look everyone else bad and bring the timings down. I appreciate some people are faster workers but we're working from home. There's really no excuse not to just chill out, have a cup of tea if you're ahead of schedule.  .

Still though. Not as bad as when we were in the office and you'd have people literally grassing you up if they didn't think you were working hard enough, despite the fact we're permanently signed into a system that times and records everything you do...

I think people don't realise how dystopian already some of these corporations are. It's why working from home has been a godsend

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #30816 on: May 11, 2021, 02:38:43 pm »
I work for a large corporation. We get timed on everything, from each task to even going the toilet. We have set times to do each tasks and you'll still get people powering through them. Despite the fact it just makes look everyone else bad and bring the timings down. I appreciate some people are faster workers but we're working from home. There's really no excuse not to just chill out, have a cup of tea if you're ahead of schedule.  .

Still though. Not as bad as when we were in the office and you'd have people literally grassing you up if they didn't think you were working hard enough, despite the fact we're permanently signed into a system that times and records everything you do...

I think people don't realise how dystopian already some of these corporations are. It's why working from home has been a godsend

Jesus, what do you do? Going to the toilet on work time is one of life’s great perks. :D

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30817 on: May 11, 2021, 02:48:21 pm »
Jesus, what do you do? Going to the toilet on work time is one of life’s great perks. :D

WFH has introduced a new doing something on works time perk ;D  (Yes, it costs them about a quid before you start)

When I was 16 I worked for the corpy (AKA Liverpool City Council) painting the street fixtures, lampposts, road signs etc. When the time and motion men first did the timings, the painters worked dead slow, did 3 coats of undercoat and 2 of gloss, worked til half 4. Reality was we battered through it, 1 of each coat and then fucked off home at 1pm every day, that was all except for this one soft c*nt who used to work all day, he'd then have to spend a month hiding in a cafe as we came to end of an area because he was so far ahead on his work. I left before it got sussed by the bosses.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30818 on: May 11, 2021, 05:30:54 pm »

One of the most annoying things about working from home is having to use my own toilet roll

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30819 on: May 11, 2021, 05:33:02 pm »
One of the most annoying things about working from home is having to use my own toilet roll

Go in the office and rob a load

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30820 on: May 11, 2021, 05:39:29 pm »

I used to work in a call centre where we logged out of our system everytime we left the unit and as every door was securitg swiped they knew exactly where we were.

We had one team leader who told us in our last team meeting on a Friday exactly, to the second, how much time each person "owed" her.

Despite some never taking their full break allowance I don't ever recall her telling them she "owed" them time and letting them leave early.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #30821 on: May 11, 2021, 09:28:32 pm »
Scam callers

Every single fucking day

Next one is getting called every name under the sun
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #30822 on: May 11, 2021, 09:32:43 pm »
I used to work in a call centre where we logged out of our system everytime we left the unit and as every door was securitg swiped they knew exactly where we were.

We had one team leader who told us in our last team meeting on a Friday exactly, to the second, how much time each person "owed" her.

Despite some never taking their full break allowance I don't ever recall her telling them she "owed" them time and letting them leave early.
I remember for years I took Les than the min half hour for lunch on a regular basis

Course the one time I clocked in pre dump I was immediately pulled up over it. Clocked in at 1. Took a shit. 5 mins later my boss demanding to know where I'd been

Unreal. Very hypocrital person too. Was always late
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #30823 on: May 11, 2021, 10:18:31 pm »
Google appear - today - to have removed/lost their football/sports service.  Up until this morning, if you typed "premier league" or "liverpool" fixtures you'd have everything right in front of you - it appears to have returned to just presenting links  :-\

Used to like being able to view the fixtures/table/line-ups without having to go via multiple pages ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #30824 on: May 11, 2021, 10:20:37 pm »
Google appear - today - to have removed/lost their football/sports service.  Up until this morning, if you typed "premier league" or "liverpool" fixtures you'd have everything right in front of you - it appears to have returned to just presenting links. :\

Noticed that as well. Perfect item for inclusion in this thread, how dare I have to click a link after doing a search?

:D

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #30825 on: May 11, 2021, 10:28:30 pm »
I just don't like change!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #30826 on: May 11, 2021, 10:32:37 pm »

And think of the money you save using their bog paper.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30827 on: May 11, 2021, 11:23:09 pm »
Google appear - today - to have removed/lost their football/sports service.  Up until this morning, if you typed "premier league" or "liverpool" fixtures you'd have everything right in front of you - it appears to have returned to just presenting links  :-\

Used to like being able to view the fixtures/table/line-ups without having to go via multiple pages ;D

Opta appear to have changed what they deem a shot on target recently too. Doubt it's related, but annoying nonetheless.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30828 on: May 12, 2021, 11:40:14 am »
My idiot dog rolling in fox shit. :no

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #30829 on: May 12, 2021, 02:05:46 pm »
Noticed that as well. Perfect item for inclusion in this thread, how dare I have to click a link after doing a search?

:D

It's back.  Phew!

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #30830 on: May 12, 2021, 02:55:37 pm »
It's back.  Phew!

Pathetically Small Things in Life that Really Shouldn't Make You Happy, But Still Do thread imminent...

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #30831 on: May 12, 2021, 03:52:28 pm »
These two smug bastards on The Answer Trap.
AHA!

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30832 on: May 12, 2021, 05:20:08 pm »
Opta appear to have changed what they deem a shot on target recently too. Doubt it's related, but annoying nonetheless.

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say categorically that the two things are not related.

Offline joe buck

• Kopite
  • La La La La La Goose Goose Goose Goose.
« Reply #30833 on: May 12, 2021, 07:48:14 pm »
My idiot dog eating other dogs shite turns my stomach.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30834 on: May 12, 2021, 09:45:40 pm »
My idiot dog eating other dogs shite turns my stomach.

That's about the only thing the little weirdo won't eat.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #30835 on: May 12, 2021, 10:02:57 pm »

I feel your pain. They love it though, don't they.

I see your dog rolling in fox shit and I raise you my dog finding a dirty nappy that some horrible scumbag had discarded in Sefton Park, then rolling in the contents.

Mrs Spion disowned him on the spot and I had to take him home and put him in the bath.

We were walking on the coastal path between Blundellsads and Hightown a while back, and there was a dog running off the lead. He suddenly stopped, then started rolling. We both said ''fox poo'' straight away, but as we caught up with him he was rolling in the carcass of a dead bird.  :o

Dogs are nutters.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #30836 on: May 12, 2021, 10:11:13 pm »
Scam callers

Every single fucking day

Next one is getting called every name under the sun

Better still invest in a good whistle.

In the past I've told the twats I just need to sit down a minute as I'm a bit wobbly on my legs, nipped into the kitchen got a pan and ladle and let them have it full blast, then given them a mouthful.

I love letting them think they're dealing with someone vulnerable and banging them.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30837 on: May 13, 2021, 09:10:58 am »

I see your dog rolling in fox shit and I raise you my dog finding a dirty nappy that some horrible scumbag had discarded in Sefton Park, then rolling in the contents.

Mrs Spion disowned him on the spot and I had to take him home and put him in the bath.

We were walking on the coastal path between Blundellsads and Hightown a while back, and there was a dog running off the lead. He suddenly stopped, then started rolling. We both said ''fox poo'' straight away, but as we caught up with him he was rolling in the carcass of a dead bird.  :o

My parents' dog(gone for twenty odd years now) was awful for this.Fox shit,dead birds,vomit,cow pats,rotten food,she couldn't get enough of it.

The worst ever was a pile of rotting fish she found on the beach,I've got a pretty strong stomach but I nearly chucked my wellies up scrubbing that off her.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 09:21:13 am by Slippers »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #30838 on: May 13, 2021, 09:18:02 am »
Haha these dog stories.

One of my most vivid memories as a kid is my uncle’s Labrador rolling around in cow pats on a walk and then me and my cousin having to sit in the boot with him on the drive home. Rancid. :D

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #30839 on: May 13, 2021, 11:05:08 am »

I proper twatted my big toe on Tuesday - front on, agony, whole nail is hanging, blood.

That's a little thing that 'hannoys' in itself.

But I'm such a soft get I couldn't bring myself to take my sock off to look at it. Sometime later, when the pain was getting unbearable, I knew I had to clean it and pad it up with cotton wool. I was wearing a black sock but you could still see it was blood-soaked at the end, and I threw the removed pair in front of the washer for the next wash.

That evening, I find the dog by the back door, contentedly chewing/sucking on the bloody end of my sock.

FFS.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"