Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 387989 times)

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #4400 on: March 21, 2017, 09:37:42 pm »
Are you serious?! http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/the-walking-dead-season-7-finale-season-8-premiere-episode-100-scott-gimple-a7636721.html

I thought the show was nearing it's end a season or two at most.  100 more episodes?!

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4401 on: March 21, 2017, 09:51:35 pm »
Does everyone left alive know how to hotwire cars? Seems like someone does it every episode.
Well, you would learn that one pretty quickly, I reckon. What's more jarring is that Maggie is somehow qualified to teach combat techniques with a knife like she had Navy Seal training for 10 years. That montage at the start was something straight out of a cheesy 80's action flick starring Chuck Norris.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4402 on: March 21, 2017, 09:59:30 pm »
Well, you would learn that one pretty quickly, I reckon. What's more jarring is that Maggie is somehow qualified to teach combat techniques with a knife like she had Navy Seal training for 10 years. That montage at the start was something straight out of a cheesy 80's action flick starring Chuck Norris.
That absolutely killed me. 5 minutes of torture. No one talking and them practising with their shitty weapons.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4403 on: March 21, 2017, 10:09:19 pm »
Yeah, Negan and the lads are absolutely armed to the tits with all sorts of weapons, but watch out lads: them villagers got knife skills.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4404 on: March 22, 2017, 12:00:36 am »
And I still don't understand WHY they told the Saviours that Maggie was dead. What did it accomplish? All it does is needlessly puts them all in danger if they find out they lied to them.

That's the one bit I can explain, it looked likely that Negan was gonna take Maggie as another wife so they lied about her death to keep her away. Not a great plan but there wasn't much of an alternative.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4405 on: March 22, 2017, 09:45:21 am »
Is it a budget issue?

Shite CGI, crappy filler episodes then the occasional bigger budget episode which is pretty good?

If the news about 100 more episodes is true I can see them keeping Negan on for at least another series, so no doubt more of the same crap.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4406 on: March 22, 2017, 10:05:44 am »
Best thing (only good thing) about that episode (the whole show) is Trevor from GTA. Just get rid of Negan and make him the main baddy.

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4407 on: March 22, 2017, 12:07:52 pm »
There were moments I liked
Spoiler
Eugene, Gregory, that last moment
[close]
but very few of them with the main strands not clicking. This half-season, I enjoyed the non-Alexandrians generally a lot more then the main cast

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4408 on: March 22, 2017, 12:13:28 pm »
Spoiler
Why the hell did they abandon the 'sniper Negan from a safe distance' plan after one failed attempt? They literally waited less than a day and were very close to getting a clear shot at him but then they just sack it off in favour of a much riskier plan to infiltrate a heavily guarded compound.

It's stuff like this that makes this show pretty close to unwatchable. It just flat out makes no sense at all.

Also, Daryl spends half the episode lamenting the death of Glenn because of his lashing out at the Saviours. Then when him and Maggie are hiding in the cellar, for no reason at all, he moves to attack the Saviour who is no threat to them and has to be stopped by Maggie. What kind of character development is this? He's literally spent this entire season moping over his actions causing the death of someone else but at the first opportunity he nearly causes the deaths of more people by attacking a saviour for no reason.
[close]
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:20:34 pm by A change without it backfiring! »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4409 on: March 22, 2017, 12:15:48 pm »
Spoiler
Why the hell did they abandon the 'sniper Negan from a safe distance' plan after one failed attempt? They literally waited less than a day and were very close to getting a clear shot at him but then they just sack it off in favour of a much riskier plan to infiltrate a heavily guarded compound.

It's stuff like this that makes this show pretty close to unwatchable. It just flat out makes no sense at all.
[close]

Exactly what I thought when it happened too. Just fucking wait.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4410 on: March 22, 2017, 02:20:52 pm »
Spoiler

Also, Daryl spends half the episode lamenting the death of Glenn because of his lashing out at the Saviours. Then when him and Maggie are hiding in the cellar, for no reason at all, he moves to attack the Saviour who is no threat to them and has to be stopped by Maggie. What kind of character development is this? He's literally spent this entire season moping over his actions causing the death of someone else but at the first opportunity he nearly causes the deaths of more people by attacking a saviour for no reason.
[close]

Spoiler
They bailed because Eugene sent out a radio request for Saviors to comb the nearby buildings for walkers as he needed more for their defences, which they heard. At that point they had to either retreat for a day or go in looking for him, so they went in because reasons.
[close]

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #4411 on: March 22, 2017, 02:47:27 pm »

Spoiler
And why did she take the sniper rifle with her instead of leaving it outside where it may be just a little useful?
[close]

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4412 on: March 22, 2017, 05:40:07 pm »
So maggie has a sex tape apparently.

Great news
cyas

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4413 on: March 22, 2017, 08:52:26 pm »

Jesus and Enid both offer to go, but Sasha turns them down.

-The Hilltop has to be ready for what happens after. Maggie needs you.
-She needs you, too.”
-Not anymore. She has everyone else, and they have her.
- You can stay. I know you can. But I know you won't and she won't, but I wish you would.
;D

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4414 on: March 23, 2017, 12:08:31 pm »
So Rick's Grand Attack Plan (tm) will have to be set up in just one episode before the Season Finale. I'm dubious.

Coz what we needed right now was a relationship-filler episode with lots of soul-searching about Rosita and Sacha's dead EX.

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4415 on: March 23, 2017, 12:11:24 pm »
So Rick's Grand Attack Plan (tm) will have to be set up in just one episode before the Season Finale. I'm dubious.

And he needs to get more guns yet.

That'll be dead easy though. Of course.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4416 on: March 26, 2017, 02:20:21 am »
And he needs to get more guns yet.

That'll be dead easy though. Of course.
Even though I haven't seen or heard anything, we all already know what the next episode will be about. It'll be another shitfest where Rick finds out about those women that had all the guns (remember them?) from whatsherface, and off they all go on a jolly fine roadtrip where 40 minutes are spent trying to convince the nags to give up their weapons. Can't wait.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4417 on: March 27, 2017, 10:58:18 pm »
So, they got the guns anyway.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4418 on: March 27, 2017, 11:17:41 pm »
Carl tries to kill Negan... No worries, send him home.
Rosita tries to kill Negan... She's allowed to live.
Sasha goes to Negan's base and tries to kill him... Fancy joining us??

I enjoy watching the actors performance but the character is incredibly dumb. Feels like we've seen him kill more of his own men than of the people trying to kill him.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4419 on: March 28, 2017, 01:34:06 am »

I enjoy watching the actors performance but the character is incredibly dumb. Feels like we've seen him kill more of his own men than of the people trying to kill him.

I was thinking that, doesn't really seem to be any consequence for trying to assassinate him, may as well give it a go.

Anybody else expecting the world's most obvious betrayal from that group of morons in the scrapyard next week?
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #4420 on: March 28, 2017, 09:05:27 am »
It's an absolute yawnfest, I want to stop watching but I can't.

7 years it has been on, I can't give up on it now so it needs to get it's act together

Offline MagicHat

• Seeks SingleBunny For Professional Relationship And Cosy Nights In
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4421 on: March 28, 2017, 10:06:53 am »

I don't remember Negan allowing Rosita to live (not saying it didn't happen but just I have fogotten it). I can individually justify (or try to) Negan allowing individuals to live but yes, as a collective it feels ridiculous at how many attempted killers Negan let's off.

Enjoyed the episode bar Maggie becoming the holy saviour of Hilltop thing they have had this season. If next week is truly the big fight, they really haven't build up to it

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #4422 on: March 28, 2017, 10:38:19 am »
I don't remember Negan allowing Rosita to live (not saying it didn't happen but just I have fogotten it). I can individually justify (or try to) Negan allowing individuals to live but yes, as a collective it feels ridiculous at how many attempted killers Negan let's off.

Enjoyed the episode bar Maggie becoming the holy saviour of Hilltop thing they have had this season. If next week is truly the big fight, they really haven't build up to it
Didn't she try to shoot him and it hit the bat?

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #4423 on: March 28, 2017, 10:45:33 am »
ive never read the comics,but from the feedback on twitter and forums etc i knew Negan was a big favorite and everyone seemed to be made up when he was announced,but fucking hell hes boring.Got old after the 2nd episode he was in.He just doesnt translate well to tv from the comics

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4424 on: March 28, 2017, 11:30:47 am »
Thought last night's was great personally after the shambles of last week.

ive never read the comics,but from the feedback on twitter and forums etc i knew Negan was a big favorite and everyone seemed to be made up when he was announced,but fucking hell hes boring.Got old after the 2nd episode he was in.He just doesnt translate well to tv from the comics

I disagree that he got old the second episode he was in. I thought he was fantastic throughout the first half of this season but due to limited appearances they've kinda killed the momentum they were building with him. Hopefully he'll deliver in the finale and next season depending on what happens of course.

I agree his leniency with certain characters has been surprising, but he can't just kill everyone off. Every individual is a valuable resource to him in terms of production and manipulation. And we haven't seen what he's going to do with Sasha yet. I've got a feeling next week will be nasty.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4425 on: March 28, 2017, 12:46:19 pm »
The issue for me is

Spoiler
Because it's been so slow that whatever they do to shock you, I'll just be like meh....seriously negan could kill everyone in he most horrible manner ever and I'd still be like....Oh...

Like I don't care anymore, because it's been so slow and poorly written they've completely diluted any characters, because you get to see one outpost every few weeks I've stopped caring and even the development of characters has stopped
[close]

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4426 on: March 28, 2017, 04:25:45 pm »
Spoiler
Holy shit, Sasha is launching a one-woman kamikaze mission on the saviour's compound. I can't wait to see how that pans out next we- oh, she's captured and in a cell.. Oh well.
[close]

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4427 on: March 28, 2017, 04:34:05 pm »
Spoiler
Holy shit, Sasha is launching a one-woman kamikaze mission on the saviour's compound. I can't wait to see how that pans out next we- oh, she's captured and in a cell.. Oh well.
[close]

No time for action scenes, we needed to see some more gardening, those blueberry plants won't uproot themselves
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4428 on: March 28, 2017, 04:34:29 pm »
The issue for me is

Spoiler
Because it's been so slow that whatever they do to shock you, I'll just be like meh....seriously negan could kill everyone in he most horrible manner ever and I'd still be like....Oh...

Like I don't care anymore, because it's been so slow and poorly written they've completely diluted any characters, because you get to see one outpost every few weeks I've stopped caring and even the development of characters has stopped
[close]
In relation to the above posts regarding Negan, dilution of the character is exactly what's happened. The writers have had a complete stinker. Really, it amazes me how no one proof read the shit they put on paper and gave it the thumbs up. Either it's been completely ad-hoc'd on the spot, or there's been major rewrites. Whatever it is, it's lead to a total mess. Maybe next time don't hire the work experience student to write your scripts? Negan himself, as has been discussed already, has a very peculiar moral compass, and we've only seen a glimpse of it from his meagre appearances thus far. That alone should be a big clue, if you haven't figured it out yet, that he's going nowhere soon.

Last night's episode had one or two moments in it that reminded myself that this show actually used to be pretty decent. Things such as

Spoiler
the zombies being creepy, and actually being a threat in one scene (which is then contradicted in another which I'll get to). Some nice prosthetic work on the ones shown. They probably saved those ones as they probably ate up half the series' budget. Then the writers strike again with their contrived, hamfisted, bollocks that's plagued this entire series, by having them mysteriously show up in their dozens on the spot, so that Rick and Koooaaaaaaaaarl can have a showdown at high noon shooting gallery scene. Again, just contrived danger, which is negated by the fact that they're obviously armed to the tits, so the threat is non existent. But, hey, at least the zombies looked cool. That's all that matters.

I'd completely forgotten that Tara (had to google her name there) had spilled the beans to Rick in a previous episode. That's not a good thing, because it shows how disjointed the episodes are, leading to the disconnect of the viewer. Anyway, that village has to be the worst guarded, armed village in the history of post apocalyptic armed villages. They just strolled in there and took their guns like it was a scene straight out of the A-Team. That's what it reminded me of. They blew up a couple of things that went 'boom', they all shit themselves, gave up on the spot, and no one got hurt? Fucking seriously? I was waiting on Rick to say "I love it when a plan comes together!" as he sparked up a smoke.
[close]

For the next season, I'm hoping every one of the showrunners involved in this series is axed. It needs to improve big time, otherwise I'm just not going to bother with it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 04:36:34 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4429 on: March 28, 2017, 04:41:23 pm »
No time for action scenes, we needed to see some more gardening, those blueberry plants won't uproot themselves
Haha. As soon as I saw Maggie at the compost heap, my eyes nearly rolled out the back of my head. She was even doing a spot of gardening outside, where the dead things live, cause you know, danger has to happen. She gives no fucks. She gardens where she wants.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4430 on: March 29, 2017, 07:56:09 am »
I hope the next season is the last, or I may opt out after this one. I can't take any more gardening scenes.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4431 on: March 29, 2017, 08:01:04 am »
Haha. As soon as I saw Maggie at the compost heap, my eyes nearly rolled out the back of my head. She was even doing a spot of gardening outside, where the dead things live, cause you know, danger has to happen. She gives no fucks. She gardens where she wants.

Two Maggie gardening scenes. It's the penultimate episode of the series and we get fucking TWO Maggie gardening scenes. Jesus.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4432 on: March 29, 2017, 10:00:03 am »
I hope the next season is the last, or I may opt out after this one. I can't take any more gardening scenes.

100 more epsidodes apparently. 7 mores series.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #4433 on: March 29, 2017, 10:22:07 am »
Have to echo whats previously been mentioned, the lack of action between the end of last weeks episode, and the beginning of this week's was hilariously bad.  What the fuck happened and why were we not given at least an idea.

Offline G a r y

• Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #4434 on: March 29, 2017, 10:26:14 am »
If next season is like this one then it will be getting jibbed

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4435 on: March 29, 2017, 10:34:12 am »
The issue for me is

Spoiler

[close]

Why don't you start bulk watching then? Every show is better that way. I'd do it with TWD, Game of Thrones etc if I wasn't so into them.

Offline Molealdinho_LK

• Anny Roader
  • Killing threads and wrecking heads!
« Reply #4436 on: March 29, 2017, 03:42:41 pm »
I was getting frustrated so decided to hoard the last 4 episodes and watch them together.

There's probably one episode of action/decent plot development across the four. So much wasted screen time which is diluting any quality and it's all a bit predictable at this stage.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4437 on: March 29, 2017, 04:18:22 pm »

No way this gets 7 more series, I can't see how it will pull in the viewing numbers for that long.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4438 on: March 30, 2017, 09:06:25 am »
Tried watching the last couple of episodes last night, got about five minutes in and had to turn it off. Its just.....bleurgh, not going anywhere.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Mivi

• Strawberry-flavoured Jayne Torvill ; 3,000,000 not out
  • Legacy Fan
  • By the way..........It's been emotional.
« Reply #4439 on: March 30, 2017, 10:45:31 am »
It's got Zombies. what's not to like?  ;D ;D ;D
It's cause he loks like a badger. Women fucking love badgers.