Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 4003348 times)

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread.
« Reply #39480 on: May 19, 2015, 01:38:14 am »
Jam Butty, look at me name dropping big licks, but I seen BB a couple of times. And talking of great places and crowds, I was lucky enough to go to the Newport Folk Festival when he was playing there. What a weekend that was, fantastic place to go and really lovely people, aul laid back hippies and nice easy going kids. One of the best gaffs I've ever been.

How lucky are we all to be children of rock 'n roll, eh?

Will be spending a little time with the wonderful John Hammond in a small Club in a few days.  Really looking forward to it.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tgqKgSchvA0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tgqKgSchvA0</a>
Kill the humourless

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #39481 on: May 19, 2015, 10:57:27 am »
Just watching a bit of Bundeslega. Thought it was the J league. Koln v Mainz, both teams full of Japanese and Koreans. Sort of strange to see, but best watch me step. Any PC pup popping in will start going on about all old people being racists and voting for Hitler.

If it meant getting rid of those PC pricks I would vote for Hitler
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #39482 on: May 19, 2015, 11:26:14 am »

Fuck yeah.  I mean people can say all sorts about the SS, but it has to be admitted that they looked smartly and stylishly dressed.  And the Gestapo.  All that leather.  Looked like Eastern European royalty.  Way ahead of their time.  Not seen the like until that series The Musketeers, when they looked like they'd been kitted out, head to toe, by World of Leather.  Best our lot could manage was a gaberdine mac.  Still.  We won.  Just goes to show fashion isn't everything.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #39483 on: May 19, 2015, 12:07:55 pm »
And that Hitler guy could really dance.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #39484 on: May 19, 2015, 12:32:59 pm »
I don't think I've seen anyone under the age of 50 in donkies. I can't remember no bad shows. In fact, seen a few of the same fellas when they were younger and they shouldn't have been on stage. Neil Young was worst, bladdered, could barely stand up, prick, few bob for a ticket, show had to be stopped after 2 numbers.... which were both Rockin in The Free World, because the drunken bastard couldn't remember what he'd done. But I think next show on the tour was at The Betty Ford. Next time I seen him, he was brilliant.

Saw David Gray the other month, it was the missus idea and I wasn't really looking forward to it, all that I've got say is - outstanding. We've got Neil Diamond booked later on the year, if he lasts that long! Just booked (five minutes ago) for next year's Byron Bay Bluesfest. It's all rock and roll for this call sign in my middle age years!   
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39485 on: May 19, 2015, 12:47:16 pm »
Saw David Gray the other month, it was the missus idea and I wasn't really looking forward to it, all that I've got say is - outstanding. We've got Neil Diamond booked later on the year, if he lasts that long! Just booked (five minutes ago) for next year's Byron Bay Bluesfest. It's all rock and roll for this call sign in my middle age years!   

Hiya Gorgeous.  How's it hanging.  How's about a pic. Sorry I was asleep the other day when you rang.  Didn't dare ring back - well, three times is stronging it a bit much.  Your missus might have got the hump and I would have ended up with blacker eyes than Dusty Springfield. 

Lovely to hear from my big brave wild beautiful lad.  Party on dude.   :champ

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39486 on: May 19, 2015, 01:31:06 pm »
Fuck yeah.  I mean people can say all sorts about the SS, but it has to be admitted that they looked smartly and stylishly dressed.  And the Gestapo.  All that leather.  Looked like Eastern European royalty.  Way ahead of their time.  Not seen the like until that series The Musketeers, when they looked like they'd been kitted out, head to toe, by World of Leather.  Best our lot could manage was a gaberdine mac.  Still.  We won.  Just goes to show fashion isn't everything.

(Fer Chrissakes don't mention the War)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hn1VxaMEjRU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hn1VxaMEjRU</a>
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 01:33:07 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39487 on: May 19, 2015, 02:58:58 pm »
And that Hitler guy could really dance.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IiryTUCtLNA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IiryTUCtLNA</a>
Kill the humourless

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39488 on: May 19, 2015, 05:21:29 pm »

Give me a chuckle that.

Nazi chic... no wonder really, their gear was all designed by Hugo Boss.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39489 on: May 19, 2015, 05:52:24 pm »
Give me a chuckle that.

Nazi chic... no wonder really, their gear was all designed by Hugo Boss.

Really?  I never knew that.  Great tunes as well.  Panzer Lied is a cracker.   You have to stamp your right foot while belting it out.  Dunno why.  As is Auf Kamaraden.  I used to get them all going on the jukebox at Pappa Joes in Cologne at Christmas.  As Ken Dodd would put it "Aye aye missis they're at it again."

Oh and the Horst Wessel obviously.  Say what you like about the Nazis  they could hold a good tune.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 05:59:32 pm by Maggie May »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #39490 on: May 19, 2015, 06:01:14 pm »
Really?  I never knew that.  Great tunes as well.  Panzer Lied is a cracker.   You have to stamp your right foot while belting it out.  Dunno why.
Duh. If they were Communists you would be stamping your LEFT foot!!!!!!!!! You ever hear the Nazi version of Underworld rave anthems?

"Shouting Schlager Schlager Schlager Schlager Schlager!"

(That's a very funny joke in some circles....)

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39491 on: May 19, 2015, 06:05:38 pm »
Duh. If they were Communists you would be stamping your LEFT foot!!!!!!!!! You ever hear the Nazi version of Underworld rave anthems?

"Shouting Schlager Schlager Schlager Schlager Schlager!"

No.

(That's a very funny joke in some circles....)

Oh.  Right......

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39492 on: May 19, 2015, 06:07:52 pm »
At least laugh at the first bit  :-X :'( :P

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39493 on: May 19, 2015, 06:11:17 pm »
At least laugh at the first bit  :-X :'( :P

Well I would if I knew what a Schlager was ....  :sad

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39494 on: May 19, 2015, 06:16:20 pm »
Here's a laugh...
http://www.blacklistednews.com/Documents_Reveal_That_British_Police_Feared_%E2%80%9CTrekkies%E2%80%9D_Would_Overthrow_Government/44016/0/38/38/Y/M.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Westminster full of crooks. They go after daft Trekies. I wonder if the Anti-Demo-Squad infiltrated them and made a few Vulcan orphans.

These fuckers in charge, really are mental. And yes, Maggie. Hugo Boss designed all the German WWII uniforms. Have a look at it, see how many corporations made billions out of WWII and are still in business. You'll be amazed, well, no you won't. It's just business as usual. But you'll still be disgusted at how companies that aided the worst of atrocities are now household names and running governments.

Anyway, I'd best do one now, or I'll be turning all David Icke again
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39495 on: May 19, 2015, 06:28:25 pm »
Well I would if I knew what a Schlager was ....  :sad
I meant the left foot/Commie and right foot/Fascist thing :wave

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #39496 on: May 19, 2015, 07:27:03 pm »
Met him meself a couple of times. Me aul fella knew him, good lad Tomo. And good on yer for digging that Frankie Boyle thing up. Did you watch it, Tony? I really enjoyed it, well, as much as anyone could enjoy anything about them bastards winning
Going to watch it tonight Leo.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39497 on: May 19, 2015, 07:36:43 pm »
Going to watch it tonight Leo.
Tomorrow for me......

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #39498 on: May 19, 2015, 07:56:17 pm »
Watched the Frankie Boyle thing last night, don't watch the telly me, couldn't get intoit. As for 8 year old Southern, Tory, Liverpool/ Barcelona fans, well i'm sure they'll be registered on here!

Newport Leo? Best trip I've done, went all over Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, Providence, Boston and New York, was absolutely brilliant, couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Going to Aus in the summer for the pre-season so looking forward to that Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide, Sydney and Kuala Lumpur, reckon it should be good! Got your message will give you a shout later in the week when I can egt down the shop, see what's going on.   
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39499 on: May 19, 2015, 10:18:26 pm »
Nice one John Boy. Thanks for that. You're such a bastard, though, you've probably minced them kids in a few after match threads.  Take no notice of him, it's good.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39500 on: May 20, 2015, 09:34:03 am »
Ricky lived in Wrexham for a while,played the banjo at my brother in laws stag do, mind it was before he was famous ;)

I knew Ricky very well, when he was Hobo Rick, he had three brothers, the eldest I can't remember, the other two Albert and Ronny. Albert had a fine singing voice and Ronny was quite a good footballer, when he was in nick he wrote to us quite regularly, the letters were so funny, after he came out he had an agency for actors and actresses, his office was above the bank on the corner opposite The Adelphi Hotel  and Dick Louis on the other side. I was working in insurance at the time and he asked me if I could help him out he had a problem which I solved for him, I didn't like the insurance business and left, I was looking for work and Ricky asked me if I would like an Equity card, I turned it down. Last time I saw him was in Alicante Airport. He told me he had a Caravan on a site just near The Benidorm Palace, My memories of him before he hit the big time are the best, there is one stand out memory which was so funny, I don't think he would be chuffed if I told it.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39501 on: May 20, 2015, 10:05:29 am »
I remember him as Hobo Rick. He used to play the little social club by me Ma's. Good lad. As for stories, Vic, he tells one in his own book, having to do one off our estate, sharpish, when Hubby come home and near collared him and the Missus. Our estate was like a maze. Early hours of the morning, shitting himself, lost, walking round in circles, couldn't get a taxi or bus. It's funny in the book, but serves him right.

He still does shows with the aul banjo, and he's got a little club in town. I can't remember the street off the top of me head, but he's got a website. Just put Ricky Tomo's club in your search bar. Or John will know where it is. Me sister says it's a great Sunday afternoon, like the aul time Variety days, few turns and a sing-song.

Just seen one of my neighbours there. Poor lad, walking up and down lost. I mentioned them, little gang of plonkies, no harm to anyone. He's had his sick money sanctioned, hasn't had a penny in 2 weeks, him and his Missus. Done what I can, but it wasn't much. Fucking Ian Duncan Smith, the kunt, sat in he's rent free Tudor Mansion now, on Father In Laws estate, eating fucking Quails Eggs and Pheasant off the Peasants backs. But then, that's the fault of these daft bastards down here. I told him that. He said... Don't blame me, I didn't vote.

I despair of us sometimes. No wonder IDS laughs his bollocks off at us.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39502 on: May 20, 2015, 10:16:59 am »
The Green Room on Duke street, never had a bad night in there.
Was talking to him about him taking cans of mild to the showbiz dinners and he said it was true. I asked him "could I do the same next time  I come here?"  You can guess his reply.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39503 on: May 20, 2015, 11:30:37 am »
Ha! Nice one. He is a case. I had a pint with him once, in The Phil. We had a few words at the bar. He was getting the ale in. He was sat with a few mates. He invited me over. I said, no, you're with company. He said, Fuck them, come over. I spent about an hour with them. Normal proper lads, had a good laugh with them. I've heard him slagged off, "Professional Scouser," and all that caper. But he seems like an alright fella to me.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39504 on: May 20, 2015, 12:46:46 pm »
My brother in law won't hear a bad word about him.

Lived a few house away from him,must have been about 73/74 ish

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #39505 on: May 20, 2015, 01:11:46 pm »
I remember the auld club he had, bottom of Mount Pleasant, with Olly Reid's empty barrel behind the bar, they used to hold the equity meetings there, when he was representing loads of the Liverpool actors. He certainly got loads of lads in bands jobs as actors back then.

What people probably aren't aware of, is how much of a role he played in the early days of the HJC when the campaign had nothing, from a fundraising perspective to even covering the rent on the original shop for a while.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39506 on: May 20, 2015, 01:21:34 pm »
We have the Spanish election coming up, no worry for me, Foreigners are not allowed to vote in National elections but I can vote in local elections and European. I agree with the "Only Spanish can vote bit". I stood in the elections in 1,999 but I was told that lots of socialists vote and lots of Conservatives too,
I was really worried for my business there was about 50% socialist and 50% right wing. When my Spanish friends asked me to stand with them I said ok but as I asked more questions I told them that I wouldn't stand for the council but I would help with translating. I was genuinely worried for my business but it all turned out ok my mate who has a car cleaning and tyre fitting business did the same as me and we didn't get any animosity from our customers.   

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39507 on: May 20, 2015, 01:22:13 pm »
I had to deliver a note to his house one day. I forget the name of the road, just up from The Black Horse pub and cemetry. I was knocking and some aul fella walked past on the other side...
"Lookin for Ricky, Lad?"
"Yeah."
"He fucked off out this mornin, all tarted up, big car came for him. He must be off to that London."

It was funny. I gave the aul fella the note to give him.

I don't know the lad. But them few times I've had contact with him, he's seemed a proper decent fella.

Anyway, off to Lidl, going to get me neighbour a few bits. If I gave him money, it would go on Frosty Jack. The prosperous South, eh.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 01:23:45 pm by Fat Scouser »

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39508 on: May 20, 2015, 01:32:07 pm »
On me way out, I just remembered a cracker... Ricky was on one them tea-time quiz things that are all over the telly now, Pointless Celebrities or some such shite. 4 of them answering questions. They all introduced themselves, bigging themselves up the way they do, I'm this, I'm that, I'm great me.

Came to Ricky... "I'm Ricky Tomo, a Plasterer from Liverpool."

Brilliant.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39509 on: May 20, 2015, 01:47:25 pm »
I remember the auld club he had, bottom of Mount Pleasant, with Olly Reid's empty barrel behind the bar, they used to hold the equity meetings there, when he was representing loads of the Liverpool actors. He certainly got loads of lads in bands jobs as actors back then.

What people probably aren't aware of, is how much of a role he played in the early days of the HJC when the campaign had nothing, from a fundraising perspective to even covering the rent on the original shop for a while.

He is a great lad John and I have loads of stories to prove it, he lived in Elmore Street  and all the lads used to go round to the "Primrose" which was just around the corner, we had some truly great nights, a lot of the Everton FC lads used to come round too, we used to go to a pub just off Scotty can't remember the name but he would go in first playing the banjo and Albert his brother would go second he would start singing "Mardi Gras" then we would all join in and before you know it the whole bloody pub is up singing , he and his brothers always came to my house on New Years Eve along with David Johnson, Mick Lions, Steve Sargent the lad who played right back and Ronnie Goodlass they are just a few I can remember. It seemed that wherever Ricky went there was a party.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 01:58:16 pm by vicgill »

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39510 on: May 20, 2015, 01:47:31 pm »
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39511 on: May 20, 2015, 03:40:36 pm »

I remember.  He was well sound.  A great fella.

Offline Rick13

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39512 on: May 20, 2015, 04:23:43 pm »
I rarely post and this is the only thread on RAWK that I read regularly.  I can see from you lot why Bill Shankly loved the city of Liverpool and why the city of Liverpool loved Bill Shankly. Thank you.
"We believe there's never a cause that's lost" Bill Shankly

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39513 on: May 20, 2015, 04:44:12 pm »
Yea I think you told me that a few years ago,wonderful.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39514 on: May 20, 2015, 05:33:31 pm »
I rarely post and this is the only thread on RAWK that I read regularly.  I can see from you lot why Bill Shankly loved the city of Liverpool and why the city of Liverpool loved Bill Shankly. Thank you.

Well post more often and come and join the gang.  You will be very welcome.  Its no closed shop nor clique.  Some are never away, some now and again.  Makes no odds.   We ramble on about all sorts.  Never know one day from the next.    :-* :wave
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 05:36:31 pm by Maggie May »

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #39515 on: May 20, 2015, 05:51:07 pm »
They are a real good-hearted lot in here. To prove it they even let me in - an' I'm a Manc (an auld one but a red Manc nonetheless) ;D ;D
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39516 on: May 20, 2015, 06:16:47 pm »
Take no notice, bar Johno, they're a gang of bastards

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39517 on: May 20, 2015, 06:41:01 pm »
Talking of Ricky, I'd not long read this today when we were coming back from the beach with the dog and saw him filming by the pits! Must be a documentary coming out soon...

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39518 on: May 20, 2015, 06:56:52 pm »
Here's a cracker I've just read... Proportionally, MPs have submitted more false expenses claims then people on welfare have made false benefit claims.

No surprise really.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #39519 on: May 20, 2015, 07:27:13 pm »
Here's a cracker I've just read... Proportionally, MPs have submitted more false expenses claims then people on welfare have made false benefit claims.

No surprise really.

Leo can you get this fact on Facebook mate with references etc? It will show that the poor bleeders on benefits (who can't afford to go on Facebook to find out dirty bollux like this) that at least WE know who the REAL fucken' robbers are!!
I want to know who are the party of the habitual offenders. If it turns out to be Labour then I'm done with politics and suggest we shoot the fucken' lot of 'em and make a fresh start.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994