Poll

How do you think you do on social media (including forums)

I can be a bit of a knobend on occasion
I have been once maybe twice, but learned my lessons
I don't think I've ever been a knobend
I've deffo not been a knobend and I'm paragon of virtue and justice
I'm Elon Musk, Motherfuckers!

Author Topic: Are we all knoebends on social media?  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Are we all knoebends on social media?
« on: March 23, 2023, 01:32:07 pm »
I must admit that I've had my share of pissed up angry rants, moaning and stupid arguments with nobodies on the interweb about things that I don't know anything about and care even less about :D

Is that all of us? I think sometimes Social Media brings out the worst. Especially if you're in a bad mood or a bit pissed or a bit fed up. It's like a magnet at times, but now I'm trying my best (And still failing sometimes) to not be an argumentive git, it's quite hard sometimes.

Not sure if it's because I'm getting older or it's just tiring and a bit boring having the same arguments and there have been plenty to go around: Corbyn, Brexit, Russia, The Tories, The BBC, The Right Wing Media, Nigel Frottage, The Monarchy and a million other annoying subjects.

I'm actually a totally different person in 'real life' and I guess we all to an extent are, but why is that? I've met quite a few people on here and quite often how you think people will be is nearly always entirely wrong. Not met a bad person off here, but they don't come across in real life at the match or in the pub as the same. Quite often quite a lot better actually in real life.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Are we all knoebends on social media?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 01:33:49 pm »
I’m not a knobhead on here.

Probably worse in real life. Certainly infinitely more underwhelming (not that you were even whelmed).

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 03:12:42 pm »
I barely use Fedbook

That's the only one I got

If this site counts then yeah guess am a massive blert

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 06:06:03 pm »
We've all had our moments I'm sure, I know I have - but Andy, if you're looking for reassurance I'm afraid you are, in fact, especially bad  ;D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 06:08:04 pm »
Not really. Fairly tame and helpful on Reddit, never had an argument here. No other social media accounts.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 06:49:37 pm »
Haven't had a social media account in about 6/7 years. Binned off Facebook because I was spending too much time finding out what other people were doing. Do they still have that thing on Facebook where people "check-in"? Fucking abysmal that was. The other one was when it went from uploading photos to people sharing their opinions via statuses. That to me was when social media went to shit. Twitter exists for that reason. Everyone has an opinion but very few are worth giving the time of day to.

I don't post opinions on any other website than here and even at that I stay to the topics which are the least inflammatory. Just never been my style, I generally hate arguing and so often online people step over the mark and get personal. Not worth it.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2023, 07:45:19 pm »
Not worth it.

It bloody is. How dare you take that tone, arguing on the internet like that?
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2023, 09:37:55 pm »
never had an argument here.

Yes you have... :P

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2023, 08:23:51 am »

I'm not being took nowhere

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2023, 09:43:33 am »

Do you want a full argument or are you thinking of taking a course?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2023, 11:19:20 am »
Do you want a full argument or are you thinking of taking a course?

I've told you once
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2023, 11:27:46 am »
On Twatter I mostly act the c*nt towards Tories/racists/American Trumpists & gun fetishists to try to pick fights. I don't go looking, but if something pops up or someone I follow links to some shitstain, I throw some shit.

Frustratingly, most don't get involved and just ignore me  ;D

Favourite small fight (more of a mild tussle) was with the wife of Tory gobshite MP Johnny Mercer. She'd posted that she was going to block some local journo that had exposed her Tory gobshite husband being a bell about some local issue. I asked something about whether she liked the decor in her echo chamber. Cue a modest pile-on from knobheads with either some military bullshit crest thing or union jack after their names. all trying to be smart-arsed.

I did laugh when, a few months ago, Twatter suspended me until I deleted several Tweets. Almost all of them were calling some c*nt a c*nt.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2023, 08:36:23 pm »
Not on any social media bar here. I did go through a period of enjoying winding up idiots on YouTube and the Guardian football comments, but thankfully I’ve packed that all in. All of social media is a extreme waste of time and energy.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2023, 01:24:27 am »
The problem with 'arguing' on Twitter etc is that it's not actually a discussion, it's a series of virtual post-it notes and both sides are likely to walk away proud of their last missive and claiming the 'win'.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?