Author Topic: Famous Liverpool Matches - I was there  (Read 27506 times)

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Famous Liverpool Matches - I was there
« Reply #200 on: January 23, 2019, 09:36:04 pm »
My Dad went to the Hampden game and a painter I worked with also went. The painter sadly died and at his funeral during the service my phone went off and played that Johnny Cash song we used to sing. My Dad went to all the games from the 50's - 80's, I went to all the games from the 70's - 90's and my son goes to all the games now.

My Dad's Dad had seven brothers who all went in the Annie Rd for every game and went to many away games in the 1940's, my Grandson has a lot to look up to..

Unless he turns out to be a blue?  ;)
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #201 on: January 23, 2019, 09:47:31 pm »
Famous i did thats , who was the teargasser then??

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: January 23, 2019, 10:22:11 pm »
The mention of Hampden in the recent post reminds me that a few days earlier was at Anfield, Liverpool 2-1 Chelsea ,remember Sir Roger Hunt scoring both goals,the weather was glorious,and we clinched the league title that day.

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
« Reply #203 on: January 23, 2019, 11:29:28 pm »

This is difficult. As a supporter since the 1960s there have been many games that have been memorable. Overall, I have to say that Istanbul cannot be beaten, not only the result and comeback but for me the most moving rendition of YNWA that I can remember.   I may not have had the ability to have witnessed as many games as a lot of posters as I have never been a ST holder and as a member I get whatever home games I can so I am sure there may be better examples.  For me the following have particular memories:

Game with the best Liverpool goal: Cup Final v West Ham and Steve Gerrard's last minute equaliser.
Best other European away that I attended: Inter Milan at the San Siro with Torrres scoring the only goal. The Torres "bounce" on the bus, the singing in the bars near the cathedral, all round a great trip.
Best Home League Game: Man City at home in 2014. 25 years after Hillsborough, with the poignant memorials. 2-0 up at half time, 2-2 and then Phil Coutinho's winner. We thought that was the game that would deliver the title and celebrated it as such (as a result I am taking nothing for granted this season)
Memorable disappointment : Last day of the standing Kop in 94 v Norwich. It was a celebration until Norwich scored and won. I know others who were not bothered but I left Anfield that day really pissed off that they spoiled the party.

I am sure that there have been other matches that others may think may be more memorable, but the thread is "I was there"
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #204 on: January 24, 2019, 09:00:11 am »
Great post redtel about Hampden

Thanks 92A and Jookie.

I have found a 10 minute compilation of the Final, BBC with Ken Wolstenholme. It's not our greatest performance but it does give younger fans a chance to see Yeats, St John, Hunt and the late Peter Thompson in action plus a few meaty Tommy Smith tackles. 😃

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aucDzVZWbns

We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: January 24, 2019, 09:29:06 am »
Thanks 92A and Jookie.

I have found a 10 minute compilation of the Final, BBC with Ken Wolstenholme. It's not our greatest performance but it does give younger fans a chance to see Yeats, St John, Hunt and the late Peter Thompson in action plus a few meaty Tommy Smith tackles. 😃

For some reason that reference, reminded me of this track and it keeps going round in my head now! Thanks!!

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/MjnkmNyArNg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/MjnkmNyArNg</a>
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Red-Dread

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #206 on: January 24, 2019, 01:37:35 pm »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Thank you very much for payin' our giro"  :)
first ever avatar..... ben(d)oak

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #207 on: January 27, 2019, 08:17:11 am »
Being brought up a 15 minute walk from the ground had its benefits, notably being given free reign to go the match as an unaccompanied youth! Barcelona in 76 remains a masive memory, more for seeing Cruyff play. Barca in 2001, Roma 2002, Chelsea 2005, all awesome experiences. The 7-0 against Spurs remains an amazing memory. Brilliant day, we were utterly incredible and Terry Mac's goal remains a thing of exquisite beauty to this day.

Offline LFC Boy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #208 on: January 27, 2019, 08:28:39 am »
Kuyt's hattrick against United. Funny thing is I only realised it was a hattrick for him after the match ended! When Suarez cut through their defense and toe-poked it past the keeper we were already celebrating (fell to the lower row mind you), so I didn't see Kuyt tap it in.

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: January 27, 2019, 09:52:31 pm »
Was at the PSG Liverpool semi final of the cup winners cup in Paris 1998 ? And game was crap . Had flown from liverpool and we were kept in for about half n hour then loads of us put on coaches back to the airport for the flight back . Gets to some military airport with soldiers on standby ... ushering everyone onto the plane .

Gets on the plane no passports needed no ticket check and there’s about 70 People too many on it once all the seats are full , stewardess made everyone without a seat to sit down in the aisle for take off , once airborne they just locked themselves in with the captain while Bobby Wilcox serenade the plane over the PA system for the one hour flight back to Speke

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2019, 02:18:35 pm »
Drove up from South London with 3 Palace fans for the 9-0.  That was an interesting drive home :-)

Was at the Highbury 2-1 to us first game of the season, Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge debut.  1987.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2019, 05:07:15 pm »
I had a bit of a "moment" at the CL Final this year which I have reflected on a bit at the end of last year.

I was like 12 in 2005, raised on benefits having not being able to afford to go to games, let alone fly out of the country. I remember watching the game on my old TV which was about 5 years out of date and the range of emotions that went through me. When we won and the celebrations happened, I never quite thought I'd have been able to afford to travel let alone go to home games... and even a CL Final.

Whilst we lost, I have fond memories of the complete randomness of the day. Flying to a random country/city I never would have planned to, walking around Kyiv and seeing so many reds having a great day, seeing a stadium rocking to a Dua Lipa song and the feeling of gratefulness that my parents had forced me to educate myself/work hard and generally be able to have a steady life financially and occasionally be able to afford such luxuries.

We didn't win, but I guess it's my own way of 'living the dream'. Bit hard to articulate, but it was a good moment for me (until Karius).

I've been to many big games, mainly at home, but this seemed the big one of recent I can remember.
YNWA.

Offline Alanslad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2019, 05:10:13 pm »
Thanks 92A and Jookie.

Great that, thanks for posting.

Their second goal should have been disallowed as the ball was moving when they took the free kick that led to the goal.  ;D

Offline Paulie's Wallnuts

• There's an old Italian saying: you fuck up once, you lose two teeth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #213 on: January 28, 2019, 05:45:24 pm »
Had the pleasure of being at Anfield for Gerrard Houlliers return from his heart surgery against Roma in 2001. The atmosphere was electric and his return was totally unexpected.

Roma had a brilliant side back then with Totti, Casssano, Batistuta but Liverpool wanted it more. Will never forget it
'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.'

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2019, 07:11:42 pm »
The one I never shut up about.

The Arsenal cup reply in 89 at Villa . The highlights are on youtube but cant seem to post it .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yAJsw_A3nM

Remember watching in on 'Midweek Sports Special' - great cup tie and a brilliant atmosphere.
The Tony Adams chants from about 8.20 ...  :lmao

'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 28, 2019, 08:17:24 pm »
Being brought up a 15 minute walk from the ground had its benefits, notably being given free reign to go the match as an unaccompanied youth! Barcelona in 76 remains a masive memory, more for seeing Cruyff play. Barca in 2001, Roma 2002, Chelsea 2005, all awesome experiences. The 7-0 against Spurs remains an amazing memory. Brilliant day, we were utterly incredible and Terry Mac's goal remains a thing of exquisite beauty to this day.

That Barca game in 76 was my first European game, I was 9, my Dad was working the night of the first leg of the final so missed it - Ma's mate said they would have taken me if they had known this.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #216 on: January 28, 2019, 08:24:50 pm »
That Barca game in 76 was my first European game, I was 9, my Dad was working the night of the first leg of the final so missed it - Ma's mate said they would have taken me if they had known this.

Awesome stuff mate. Oddly enough I was 9 years old as well! With my dad on the Kop. Just an amazing memory.

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #217 on: January 29, 2019, 12:46:14 am »
I had a bit of a "moment" at the CL Final this year which I have reflected on a bit at the end of last year.

I had a similar experience in Istanbul.  Much like yourself I grew up poor in a single parent council house and remember watching the 1984 EC final on a second hand tele which mum had managed to scrimp and save for.  It was our first colour tv - I'd been doing my mum's head in to get one and we got it just in time for the final.  Watching us win Big Ears in glorious technicolour was amazing and I promised myself I'd go to see us in a final  someday. 
Had to wait until 2005 but it was the most amazing night of my life - something that I don't think will ever be topped for me.

FA cup v Arsenal 2001 and vs West Ham in 2006 were brilliant days too.

The 3-2 v Man City was one of the most emotionally draining games I've ever been too.

2001 Uefa cup semi v Barca - Gary Mac scoring a pen to give us a 1-0 win over a side containing Rivaldo, Enrique, Guardiola & I think Overmars too.  Not a great game but the result meant our first european final since 85.

The same year - not sure if it was the quarter final or an earlier round - we played Roma at home having beaten them away 0-2.  We missed a pen before they got one back.  Then late in the game there was chaos when the ref gave a corner(?) then changed his mind to a pen before giving a corner again.  Stood on the Kop it was hard to work out exactly what went on but felt like we got out of jail.

FA Cup semi v The Bitters in 2012 - Carroll's late goal was particularly satisfying.  ;D
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #218 on: January 29, 2019, 02:43:02 am »
^^^
The irony of you getting a telly for the Rome game. My Da sold ours so he could go.

;)

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: January 29, 2019, 07:18:16 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yAJsw_A3nM

Remember watching in on 'Midweek Sports Special' - great cup tie and a brilliant atmosphere.
The Tony Adams chants from about 8.20 ...  :lmao

Had a season ticket then and do you know for the life of me I can't remember this game, I assume these were all midweek games and many ties were away I think. Also there was little TV coverage, but as you say that chanting is brilliant and you can hear it quite clearly on that video clip. ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #220 on: January 29, 2019, 07:43:10 am »
Had a season ticket then and do you know for the life of me I can't remember this game, I assume these were all midweek games and many ties were away I think. Also there was little TV coverage, but as you say that chanting is brilliant and you can hear it quite clearly on that video clip. ;D

Did Barnes score a really good solo goal in the Anfield game? Not sure if that was the first time or the replay though, can’t remember the Highbury game.

Pretty sure Barnes equalised straight after they had scored though.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: January 29, 2019, 08:07:04 am »
I had a similar experience in Istanbul.  Much like yourself I grew up poor in a single parent council house and remember watching the 1984 EC final on a second hand tele which mum had managed to scrimp and save for.  It was our first colour tv - I'd been doing my mum's head in to get one and we got it just in time for the final.  Watching us win Big Ears in glorious technicolour was amazing and I promised myself I'd go to see us in a final  someday. 
Had to wait until 2005 but it was the most amazing night of my life - something that I don't think will ever be topped for me.

FA cup v Arsenal 2001 and vs West Ham in 2006 were brilliant days too.

The 3-2 v Man City was one of the most emotionally draining games I've ever been too.

2001 Uefa cup semi v Barca - Gary Mac scoring a pen to give us a 1-0 win over a side containing Rivaldo, Enrique, Guardiola & I think Overmars too.  Not a great game but the result meant our first european final since 85.

The same year - not sure if it was the quarter final or an earlier round - we played Roma at home having beaten them away 0-2.  We missed a pen before they got one back.  Then late in the game there was chaos when the ref gave a corner(?) then changed his mind to a pen before giving a corner again.  Stood on the Kop it was hard to work out exactly what went on but felt like we got out of jail.

FA Cup semi v The Bitters in 2012 - Carroll's late goal was particularly satisfying.  ;D

:lmao

I've found a video of that Roma game, the penalty incident is about at 1:39:30 - absolute chaos, yellow and red cards flying everywhere and the commentary from John Motson / Trevor Brooking is priceless! That 2000/2001 season was amazing, aside from the unbelievable trophy haul, there were loads of fantastic football matches in there with lots of goals and huge momentum changes. It was a good team but not the finished article, great going forward but had a tendency to also give the opposition a chance hence the reason for so many epic games with lots of goals.

Watching this video makes me realise just how many great memories this great club has provided me, we are so lucky. I doubt many clubs have provided so many moments for their fans to share and talk about over the years. 

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/Mp8VO-WIorA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/Mp8VO-WIorA</a>

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #222 on: January 29, 2019, 08:18:49 am »
I was at that Roma game. They were really good, Capello in charge and they won the League that year for the time in years. Think they rotated a bit Batistuta came off the bench but they still had Montella and Delvechio I think.

That penalty decision was mayhem! He did give it then change his mind but I think the correct decision was made in the end? All the stress like have been slides had Owen not missed a penalty at 0-0.

That was the Thursday night, think we then went to Cardiff for the League Cup Final on the Sunday. What a season!

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 29, 2019, 08:20:51 am »
Did Barnes score a really good solo goal in the Anfield game? Not sure if that was the first time or the replay though, can’t remember the Highbury game.

Pretty sure Barnes equalised straight after they had scored though.

I remember the Anfield game now, Barnes got the first goal of the game with a run from the halfway line, only beat three men on that occasion (12:40):-

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/Ltcl8TXK2BM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/Ltcl8TXK2BM</a>

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #224 on: January 29, 2019, 11:56:46 am »
Great thread.

For me, City at home to go top in 85/86, the Kuyt hattrick v United, and his last minute winner in the 3-2 at City, and of course, Dortmund.
Watching that Suarez wonder show v Norwich was also a bit special.
Just the ones that leap immediately to mind.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 29, 2019, 11:59:10 am »

I was like 12 in 2005, raised on benefits having not being able to afford to go to games, let alone fly out of the country. I remember watching the game on my old TV which was about 5 years out of date and the range of emotions that went through me. When we won and the celebrations happened, I never quite thought I'd have been able to afford to travel let alone go to home games... and even a CL Final.

Whilst we lost, I have fond memories of the complete randomness of the day. Flying to a random country/city I never would have planned to, walking around Kyiv and seeing so many reds having a great day, seeing a stadium rocking to a Dua Lipa song and the feeling of gratefulness that my parents had forced me to educate myself/work hard and generally be able to have a steady life financially and occasionally be able to afford such luxuries.

We didn't win, but I guess it's my own way of 'living the dream'. Bit hard to articulate, but it was a good moment for me (until Karius).

I've been to many big games, mainly at home, but this seemed the big one of recent I can remember.

Boss post this mate. Funny how we often, or certainly I often, 'frame' my life developments around footy.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #226 on: January 30, 2019, 07:26:55 pm »
1983 Milk Cup Final - Liverpool 2 v 1 Man United

My first trip to Wembley -  the "seats" were just a long wooden bench !

Whelan scored the winner in extra time, a great curler inside the far post.

I heard a jeweller's and shop selling sheepskins got turned over just before the game.

My Dad was so bevvied, me and my brother had to walk him back to the train station.
My mate asked me to pick up his match ticket in return for sorting the coach. We left from St Helens, after he assured me he used them regularly.
56 seater - 54 Mancs and us.
What a memorable day out.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 31, 2019, 12:54:39 pm »
My mate asked me to pick up his match ticket in return for sorting the coach. We left from St Helens, after he assured me he used them regularly.
56 seater - 54 Mancs and us.
What a memorable day out.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: January 31, 2019, 01:05:37 pm »
2012 under Kenny when we played Spurs I got to see The Anfield Cat.

Ha! Yes I remember that one, brave steward that! It was great seeing Kenny back in the dugout that season, but my favourite memory was the Maxi Rodriguez song!

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/keOEmSCiPI8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/keOEmSCiPI8</a>

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/5e9nnAKyz3w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/5e9nnAKyz3w</a>

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #229 on: September 25, 2022, 11:28:10 pm »

^ that Fulham match looked and sounded superb ;D

Dortmund for me (though Juventus in '05 was a close 2nd)...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/z4q8OErPb5A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/z4q8OErPb5A</a>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video thread' content info for years gone by, recent times, Season Reviews, Cup Final victories - Domestic, European, and World...

www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576 & www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.0
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #230 on: September 26, 2022, 03:39:00 pm »
Well, I'll go a slightly different route. I've a few favorite matches that i've been to.

But one that I had the most fun at was the 5-5 League Cup match that we won 5-4 on penalties v Arsenal. When Curtis Jones had the winning pen.

We get the lead. Arsenal come back and take the lead. Extend their lead. We come back. Eventually make it level. They score late on to "win" the match. But not with Div on the pitch. We level in injury time.

Goes to pens and we win 5-4.

19 goals that night I saw. Memorable indeed.  :scarf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G8sHOJ-plE&t=4s
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #231 on: September 26, 2022, 03:40:27 pm »
Somehow not seen this thread before but it's a great read when I should be working! :D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #232 on: September 28, 2022, 09:10:06 pm »
 Everton 0 - 5 Liverpool   :)

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #233 on: September 28, 2022, 09:57:04 pm »

that game was the first game I didn't get in to - queuing at the Kop when the gates closed then legging it round to the anny road with thousands of others only for the gates to close there  - wasn't live on telly so went to the Oakfield to listen to updates on the radio

oh memorable match - Wolves away 76 - legendary

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #234 on: September 28, 2022, 10:32:49 pm »
I forgot to add the John Barnes game v QPR.

And because it's John Barnes (and though we lost 3-2) I'm adding watching his bicycle kick at Blackburn with my own two eyes.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #235 on: September 28, 2022, 11:22:59 pm »
Everton 0 - 5 Liverpool   :)

That was a cracker 😀. I was the only red in the paddock by where the players came out of the tunnel.

After every goal, I went fuckin crazy. Sweets, pies and coins came raining down towards me from the main stand above…not one of them hit me. Which added to the chagrin of the blues around me!
We’re not English. We’re SCOUSE.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #236 on: March 6, 2023, 12:23:39 am »
Liverpool FC 7-0 Manchester United
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #237 on: March 8, 2023, 07:32:50 pm »
1st ever Liverpool match in 1892. We beat Rotherham 7-1. I’d just recovered from a bout of syphalis and spent 5 weeks sailing from London to get there. Rained a bit second half. Not been back since.

You’ve not missed much, lad.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: March 8, 2023, 07:40:17 pm »
Liverpool FC 7-0 Manchester United

Don't think any match I've been to before Sunday is good enough for this thread, but I'll be able to tell my grandkids I was at this one  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #239 on: March 8, 2023, 07:40:36 pm »
Don’t know if this been brought up before but the away leg in Yugoslavia (Serbia now), lost 2-1 and same in the home leg. I think Bob Paisley was influenced by the way they played, every single one of them, they toyed with us, really. Bit of an education all round and off the pitch too, they kept telling me how much they hated other Yugoslavs in other parts of the country. Well we all know how that ended. I think their coach was Miljan Miljanic, a very forward thinking coach, now sadly dead. The Reds were caned, but we came back stronger and came to dominate Europe.