Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1376444 times)

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #11560 on: March 17, 2023, 02:22:51 pm »
Someone like a modern day Steve Finnan would be perfect as competition for Trent.

Someone who wouldnt demand to be first choice, but is reliable and can come in and give a 7 or 8 out of 10 every time they play.

Trent knows that no matter how well or how poor he performs, when the next game comes, he'll be in the starting XI - that means he doesnt have to get better and it's easy to fall into the trap of getting too comfortable and it looks like that has happened this season.

Absolutely, the quality Trent possesses is extraordinary and when on form and confident his off the ball work is sufficient, however - let's call a spade a spade, his tactical positioning, awareness, urgency and defensive ability is all pretty 'meh' and when out of form or lacking confidence becomes less 'meh' and in fact very poor and a liability.

To have a steady Eddie as a back up which you know exactly what you will get week in week out would be great for the squad as an option. It would also give Klopp some tactical flexibility for certain games and within games themselves.

Imagine we are 1-0 up away in a cup game, 20 minutes to go - to have the ability to bring on a solid dependable defending full back, would be typical Rafa in closing games out.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #11561 on: March 17, 2023, 03:09:07 pm »
Absolutely, the quality Trent possesses is extraordinary and when on form and confident his off the ball work is sufficient, however - let's call a spade a spade, his tactical positioning, awareness, urgency and defensive ability is all pretty 'meh' and when out of form or lacking confidence becomes less 'meh' and in fact very poor and a liability.

To have a steady Eddie as a back up which you know exactly what you will get week in week out would be great for the squad as an option. It would also give Klopp some tactical flexibility for certain games and within games themselves.

Imagine we are 1-0 up away in a cup game, 20 minutes to go - to have the ability to bring on a solid dependable defending full back, would be typical Rafa in closing games out.

Time to try Hendo at RB again? ;D
Phuk yoo

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #11562 on: March 17, 2023, 03:19:58 pm »
Im a bit surprised that we havent tried Kostas on the right. He seems to have a good right foot

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11563 on: March 17, 2023, 04:52:41 pm »
Im a bit surprised that we havent tried Kostas on the right. He seems to have a good right foot

We have Gomez for that. Everytime he did a decent job there.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline nerdster4

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11564 on: March 18, 2023, 06:59:28 am »
I think when he is fit klopp starts him regardless of form

Klopp changing his approach or an injury are the only ways a steady Eddie starts ahead of him in some games next year

This is the same with Salah , Robertson , VVD and Fabinho .

It’s partly because we don’t have the same financial muscle to have really good enough replacements. Yes The quality of the ones that have come in for say Ruben Dias, Cancelo, and Foden 

And partly because of klopp’s loyalty

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11565 on: March 18, 2023, 07:34:02 am »
When we were playing our best game, when we pressed from the front and played a super high line squeezing play, he was the best right back in the world by some distance. He would dominate his flank, the team was set up for him to play on the overlap and our offside trap was so well oiled the ball in behind wasnt always on and even if it was our centre halves would clean up. That was 3 years ago. Since then we have seen the triangle experiment with salah and henderson on the right, with Trent coming inside and Henderson [right sided 8] overlapping/ the idea is to get Trent closer to goal so he doesnt have so far to make a pass/cross, the downside is he gets horribly exposed. We see Trent coming inside into the 10 position regularly, Klopp has not told him to pack it in because its a regular thing. So to be fair to him, his role has been tinkered with. My guess is that Klopp settles on a style of play next season based on who we can bring in and in his ideal world we get back to midfield domination and pressing traps with his job to run the line and overlap. Perhaps he is playing in 1 or 2 zones to many. Then Trent will know his job and can get back to dominating his flank.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 08:27:35 am by red1977 »

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11566 on: March 18, 2023, 08:31:02 am »
The best thing about Trent is he’s 24.. considering Gakpo and Nunez at 23 are our “future” Trent is right bang in the peak part of Klopp v2.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11567 on: March 18, 2023, 08:35:51 am »
The best thing about Trent is he’s 24.. considering Gakpo and Nunez at 23 are our “future” Trent is right bang in the peak part of Klopp v2.

Best thing about where we are is we get to see a new team get created and thats quite exciting. A lot of these players are legends for us but football moves on and so we can see the old guard get replaced by younger players and its all fresh, new and exciting.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #11568 on: March 18, 2023, 08:44:24 am »
Best thing about where we are is we get to see a new team get created and thats quite exciting. A lot of these players are legends for us but football moves on and so we can see the old guard get replaced by younger players and its all fresh, new and exciting.

until one bad game and then this board explodes again
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11569 on: April 1, 2023, 02:09:58 pm »
Absolutely fcking useless on their 4th goal.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11570 on: April 1, 2023, 02:11:04 pm »
And their first.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11571 on: April 1, 2023, 02:34:50 pm »
Shitting out of that 50/50 for their second goal was a f##king disgrace and changed the game.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #11572 on: April 1, 2023, 02:35:23 pm »
Made Grealish look world class.

Nuff said really.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11573 on: April 1, 2023, 02:35:55 pm »
Shitting out of that 50/50 for their second goal was a f##king disgrace and changed the game.

I noticed that.

I think it's just a general malaise in the team though. They all lose 50/50's

Even henderson shits them

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11574 on: April 1, 2023, 02:36:08 pm »
Needs replacing or a new RB bringing in so he won't constantly phone it in.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11575 on: April 1, 2023, 02:36:39 pm »
Wasn’t great but 2 on 1 so often and no support.

The midfield don’t provide cover in defence, and don’t provide anything in attack.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11576 on: April 1, 2023, 02:37:25 pm »
What's happened to him? His attitude stinks - big time Charlie.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11577 on: April 1, 2023, 02:37:47 pm »
Absolutely fcking useless on their 4th goal.

I saw it coming as soon as he gassed himself out on that one man press he went on moments before. It was some brainless stuff I was screaming at him to get back in position instead of wasting his energy. Turns out he had nothing left in the tank to track Grealish!

Having said that how many defenders can defend KDB and Grealish 2v1. He gets absolutely zero protection unless it’s from Konate. Klopp continues to see this and doesn’t change anything 

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11578 on: April 1, 2023, 02:37:51 pm »
That 4th goal sums up so much of our season, left isolated 2 on 1 but then puts zero effort in to track the runner

Its endemic in the team

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11579 on: April 1, 2023, 02:43:52 pm »
I never thought i would say this but we need a rightback, he has gone backwards badly, gonna have to move him to midfield and buy a RB or dare i say sell him for one that can defend.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #11580 on: April 1, 2023, 02:44:14 pm »
I don’t doubt his quality but the fact we continue to put him in this position time and time again, with the same results is crazy. He has no attacking form to justify selecting him. His saving grace is that we have no natural alternative but his reputation is taking a hammering at this point. Both him and us are doing untold damage to it. I hope he is strong enough to come back from it.

Offline BornRedSince76

• Main Stander
« Reply #11581 on: April 1, 2023, 02:45:29 pm »
What is Trent supposed to do?  He has no cover on that side and Man City overloaded to take advantage.

He played better than Robertson today.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11582 on: April 1, 2023, 02:46:16 pm »
Dont see how he can be blamed for that goal, he is 2 vs 1 against 2 quality players and then commits to blocking the pass.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #11583 on: April 1, 2023, 02:47:34 pm »
He wasn't the problem today
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11584 on: April 1, 2023, 02:47:57 pm »
What is Trent supposed to do?  He has no cover on that side and Man City overloaded to take advantage.

He played better than Robertson today.

It's a bit of both for sure, we don't help him but his inability to see anything happening behind him is a problem.

It's about seeing a picture, his picture at the top of the pitch is second to none but tracking players is the opposite.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2023, 02:50:46 pm by lgvkarlos »

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11585 on: April 1, 2023, 02:48:14 pm »
all teams overload the right side because they know trent cant defend, move him to midfield, he goes wandering constantly and does not try to get back. I cant beleive i am saying this it feels so bad but he needs to be dropped, or as i said moved to the midfield

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11586 on: April 1, 2023, 02:48:27 pm »
He wasn't the problem today

His attitude is awful though. But same can be said for most of the team.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11587 on: April 1, 2023, 02:49:36 pm »
Got little criticism for him today, fucking hung out to dry. Made some important stops at the back but no one really wanted to take Grealish as he inevitably stepped inside time and again

Give the lad some fucking support instead of leaving him 2 v 1 and having to deal with overlaps

Online Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11588 on: April 1, 2023, 02:59:57 pm »
Gets left hung out to dry by the team constantly.

What's surprising me a lot this season is how much he's regressed offensively. If that's a confidence thing or the team is so disfunctional idk.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2023, 03:01:45 pm by Garlicbread »

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11589 on: April 1, 2023, 03:00:19 pm »
Wasn’t his best day but he’s always left without fail 2 v 1. So exposed.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11590 on: April 1, 2023, 03:01:37 pm »

Give the lad some fucking support instead of leaving him 2 v 1 and having to deal with overlaps

It'll be nice when Klopp and the coaching team realize Harvey Elliot is not suited to playing the role he is being asked to do.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11591 on: April 1, 2023, 03:01:49 pm »
Got little criticism for him today, fucking hung out to dry. Made some important stops at the back but no one really wanted to take Grealish as he inevitably stepped inside time and again

How?
Our midfielders are as gassed as him after 30 minutes.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11592 on: April 1, 2023, 03:05:07 pm »

Watch the 4th goal again. Outnumbered and Chamberlain stopped running when Grealish passed to KDB.

Offline LifelongRed, Sussex

• Kopite
« Reply #11593 on: April 1, 2023, 03:07:37 pm »
Incredible that his midfield team mates seldom support him in defensive duties …. ALL SEASON LONG.  Creating the obvious achilles heel in (all competitions) circa 20 games.

Us laymen can see it, it’s been patently obvious since August.  Yet the professionals do Jack Sh1t about it.

Never seen anything like it at our club in 49 years of following the Reds.

This is ManU-esque until this season ….. Maguire and Shaw getting picked off for fun, game after game, season after season.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #11594 on: April 1, 2023, 03:18:02 pm »
Robertson was diabolical today but let’s all pile in the Trent thread because of the 4th goal which occurred when the game was already over. His main issue here was that solo pressing run he did right before it.

Offline BornRedSince76

• Main Stander
« Reply #11595 on: April 1, 2023, 03:19:12 pm »
Robertson was diabolical today but let’s all pile in the Trent thread because of the 4th goal which occurred when the game was already over. His main issue here was that solo pressing run he did right before it.

Exactly - he needs cover on the right hand side, even early on it was 2v1 on him. Elliot doesn’t have the legs to do the job on that side in front of him.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #11596 on: April 1, 2023, 03:20:01 pm »
Watch the 4th goal again. Outnumbered and Chamberlain stopped running when Grealish passed to KDB.

I couldn't believe Chamberlain. Fresh as a daisy, just on the pitch and he didn't even bother tracking the runner.

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #11597 on: April 1, 2023, 03:21:12 pm »
How people defend his inability to actually defend is beyond me.

Not enough cover from midfield, offers too much going forward to drop him etc...

The lad is an extremely niche footballer for a niche system which has been sussed. You need to build a side to mask his weakness.

And playing him in midfield won't work either. He's at his best with time and space in front of him to pick his passes.

At the highest level, we need to be able to trust our right back to be able to defend when we are under the cosh.

Absolutely no idea what is going to happen with him. A very niche player who will only function effectively in a dominant side who have the majority of the ball.

He reminds me of Marcelo from Real Madrid albeit with way better passing range and delivery.

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11598 on: April 1, 2023, 03:21:55 pm »
Happens all the time mate and it boils my blood. Trent hasn’t had a great season but I’ve talked a lot of about agendas and it’s clear as day when you see the flak he gets compared to our other defenders.

Offline BornRedSince76

• Main Stander
« Reply #11599 on: April 1, 2023, 03:27:14 pm »
I couldn't believe Chamberlain. Fresh as a daisy, just on the pitch and he didn't even bother tracking the runner.

He was worried he would do his hammy if he sprinted…