Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 210182 times)

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #640 on: May 14, 2019, 04:02:11 pm »
I was thinking the same as a mate has applied. I assumed you'd be guaranteed but apparently not?

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #641 on: May 14, 2019, 04:08:13 pm »
Any one know how the thomas cook travel works? Booked on with them and got my email the other day and I'll get my ticket tomorrow. Does that 100% mean tho that you will have a space on the planes with them because the way I read our official site it says Thomas cook will contact you if your successfull. Surely if you get a ticket in your name your on the flights

If you've booked with them and have a match ticket in your name or as a named person on someone else's card your sound. You won't hear from them until its sold out now and they start allocating the planes and seats.

Just a word of warning anyone thinking of using Thomas Cook need to  book by 5pm today as there closing sales after that.
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline J_Bowie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: May 14, 2019, 04:49:17 pm »
If you've booked with them and have a match ticket in your name or as a named person on someone else's card your sound. You won't hear from them until its sold out now and they start allocating the planes and seats.

Just a word of warning anyone thinking of using Thomas Cook need to  book by 5pm today as there closing sales after that.

Nick, how does it work with being a named person on someone else's card mate, do you know? The only section I could see where you could put anything in to that effect was under the special instructions on the TC booking form online. Have I missed something when booking online? I obviously filled in all my details  and put my membership number, but don't know how I could have notified them that I have a shout on a ticket on a mates membership as he can't travel so would pass the ticket to me. Cheers

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #643 on: May 14, 2019, 04:59:15 pm »
Ah bollocks. Didn’t realise TC were shutting shop. Hopefully come back up after once numbers sorted post ballot

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: May 14, 2019, 05:02:59 pm »
Nick, how does it work with being a named person on someone else's card mate, do you know? The only section I could see where you could put anything in to that effect was under the special instructions on the TC booking form online. Have I missed something when booking online? I obviously filled in all my details  and put my membership number, but don't know how I could have notified them that I have a shout on a ticket on a mates membership as he can't travel so would pass the ticket to me. Cheers

I posted this the other day Kind of explains what they did last year

Did it last year and on tc website you had to put your details in and the name of the person whos card your trying to buy on. Once match tickets have been sold they then contact the club with the fan card numbers to confirm they got a ticket.
Last year I had 3 mates in the ballot and just used one of there card numbers unfortunately he didn't get a match ticket but one of the others did. When TC phoned me saying that card number hadn't qualified I Told them that another one had and I'd bought with that, they rang the club to see if it had and my details were on it. Within a hour TC emailed me to say all was confirmed and the flight details.
Hope this helps

I'm guessing they will check your membership number and if it hasn't bought a ticket contact you have over it. Just give them the number that has qualified and they will Check with club and process your booking

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #645 on: May 14, 2019, 05:04:36 pm »
Ah bollocks. Didn’t realise TC were shutting shop. Hopefully come back up after once numbers sorted post ballot

Doubt it mate this is on there website

Due to the large number of travel applications received, and as registrations for the ticket ballot have closed, we will be closing applications at 5pm today (Tuesday 14th May). Please be aware that there will be no further opportunities to make an application and, therefore, if you have not made a travel application with Thomas Cook Sport by this time, you will not be considered for Travel. Applications are subject to availability and confirmations will be processed in order of match ticket purchase as instructed by the club. If your application has been successful, we will be in contact with you within 24 of you becoming eligible.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: May 14, 2019, 05:07:56 pm »
Doubt it mate this is on there website

Due to the large number of travel applications received, and as registrations for the ticket ballot have closed, we will be closing applications at 5pm today (Tuesday 14th May). Please be aware that there will be no further opportunities to make an application and, therefore, if you have not made a travel application with Thomas Cook Sport by this time, you will not be considered for Travel. Applications are subject to availability and confirmations will be processed in order of match ticket purchase as instructed by the club. If your application has been successful, we will be in contact with you within 24 of you becoming eligible.

Oh haha

Seems odd as they have no idea how managed booked will be successful or do they?! ;)

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: May 14, 2019, 05:51:24 pm »
With TC they are over subscribing based on not all will be successful.
I hope they’ve got their guesses right, otherwise if more get in the ballot they either need another plane (entirely possible they have planned this)or are going to disappoint a few?

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 05:53:42 pm by davidsteventon »

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: May 14, 2019, 05:53:01 pm »
After a bit of advice on this if anyone can help.
If you can't move through areas. What areas can you move through to give best chance of mates getting across to each other - for example can you get between blocks but just not the tiers? Is it best heading for those upper tiers then or will they be blocked off from going all the way around?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/champions-league-final-2019-stadium-map

Last call for this before tomorrow anyone got any idea?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: May 14, 2019, 06:50:23 pm »
With TC they are over subscribing based on not all will be successful.
I hope they’ve got their guesses right, otherwise if more get in the ballot they either need another plane (entirely possible they have planned this)or are going to disappoint a few?

Yes not sure if they go over capacity

Was a worry I had

I e not booked anything yet so waiting on ballott

A 0/3 in the ballot would make life much less stressful haha

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #650 on: May 14, 2019, 06:52:24 pm »
I just remember going down the steps to have a look and seeing about 500 lads in a queue above top. I loudly was like "nope" and went back. Was one thirsty evening. Couldn't even go for a piss - seen better toilets in Indian villages.  ;D

In comparison however, my main takeaway from PSG was how great their toilets are. Enjoyable almost. Might start a stadium pisser review website.

To be honest you could of took a dump anywhere in the ground and argued you thought it was the bogs !
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: May 14, 2019, 07:01:05 pm »
I did Thomas Cook for Kiev and it was decent tbf - deffo recommend them

On time etc. even going back when Kiev airport was a nightmare and loads were delayed

Online SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #652 on: May 14, 2019, 07:44:43 pm »
Yes. what I'd moan about is if they take all day thurs to inform people. Either announce first thing or let people know what time

I remember last year it took all day to sort it out, wouldn’t be surprised if it was same again. Think it was about 6/7pm when we finally heard about our applications (both unsuccessful).

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: May 14, 2019, 07:48:11 pm »
I remember last year it took all day to sort it out, wouldn’t be surprised if it was same again. Think it was about 6/7pm when we finally heard about our applications (both unsuccessful).

Wife still waiting on her email for Kiev ballot  ;D

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #654 on: May 14, 2019, 07:51:29 pm »
Wife still waiting on her email for Kiev ballot  ;D

She got in..she just didn't tell you 😂

Offline guigy

• Kopite
  • OurClubOurShirt.com
« Reply #655 on: May 14, 2019, 07:53:45 pm »
I've been using a random number generator for numbers between 1 and 5 and trying to hit the same number 3 times out of 4 for the number tickets we need.... the results are looking good... but i think i might be slowly losing my mind.
one of Eamon Dunphy’s favourite observations: “He’s an arsehole - but he’s not a great arsehole.”

Offline J_Bowie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: May 14, 2019, 08:06:34 pm »
I posted this the other day Kind of explains what they did last year

Did it last year and on tc website you had to put your details in and the name of the person whos card your trying to buy on. Once match tickets have been sold they then contact the club with the fan card numbers to confirm they got a ticket.
Last year I had 3 mates in the ballot and just used one of there card numbers unfortunately he didn't get a match ticket but one of the others did. When TC phoned me saying that card number hadn't qualified I Told them that another one had and I'd bought with that, they rang the club to see if it had and my details were on it. Within a hour TC emailed me to say all was confirmed and the flight details.
Hope this helps

I'm guessing they will check your membership number and if it hasn't bought a ticket contact you have over it. Just give them the number that has qualified and they will Check with club and process your booking

Thanks mate. Cleared that one up 👍🏻

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #657 on: May 14, 2019, 08:24:14 pm »
I've been using a random number generator for numbers between 1 and 5 and trying to hit the same number 3 times out of 4 for the number tickets we need.... the results are looking good... but i think i might be slowly losing my mind.

You've lost it mate. 😉

I've got a background in stats and maths. I've been in ballots and my success rate should be better. But none of that matters

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #658 on: May 14, 2019, 08:31:32 pm »
The newer gents ones are ok, to the right of the stand where that newish food stall is. Isn't there a new ladies in that block too?

Yes.... where there were 4 before there are just 3 now and getting there is a nightmare as we have to push our way through the queues/crowds by the bar. Crazy design all round but yes the roof no longer leaks :)
We are a team of one half.

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #659 on: May 14, 2019, 11:39:46 pm »
Just managed to grab a twin room centre of Madrid for the Friday night only, £91. Anyway need a room and want to go halves?

Still looking for someone mate?

Offline jdegner

• Main Stander
  • LOVREN 90+1
« Reply #660 on: May 15, 2019, 05:46:39 am »
I don’t know if this has been mentioned yet but according to this article Liverpool fans are given Felipe II square.
www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/13/champions-league-final-dressing-rooms-liverpool-lap-luxury-spurs/amp/

Oh, and our players will also have a nicer dressing room.

Offline frank23

• Main Stander
« Reply #661 on: May 15, 2019, 06:23:13 am »
Screening at Anfield for those not lucky enough to go? Has to be...

I think the M&S bank arena is showning it, 9000 seats in there
Frank 23

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: May 15, 2019, 06:49:00 am »
A Spurs fan apparently has chartered a flight for around £270/person for 200-odd for the day and returning the early hours.

This seems surprisingly low... hopefully my Spurs mate isn’t getting scammed with 200 others... but fair play if the lad is basically making zero profit on this.
YNWA.

Offline adzogolonzo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #663 on: May 15, 2019, 07:06:21 am »
A Spurs fan apparently has chartered a flight for around £270/person for 200-odd for the day and returning the early hours.

This seems surprisingly low... hopefully my Spurs mate isn’t getting scammed with 200 others... but fair play if the lad is basically making zero profit on this.
arsenal fan has done that to go Baku

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #664 on: May 15, 2019, 07:16:27 am »
Wonder if they’ll keep us waiting til 7pm for the ballot results tomorrow, like they did last year. Never sat there refreshing my emails so much haha
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #665 on: May 15, 2019, 07:53:27 am »
What block is everyone going for this morning??

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: May 15, 2019, 08:04:38 am »
If you don't qualify this morning do everyone a favour and don't bother trying to log in to see what's available.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #667 on: May 15, 2019, 08:16:46 am »
12 mins
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #668 on: May 15, 2019, 08:16:53 am »
If you don't qualify this morning do everyone a favour and don't bother trying to log in to see what's available.

Think that is happening

18 min wait for 3.5k tickets...

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: May 15, 2019, 08:16:54 am »
shocking wait time
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #670 on: May 15, 2019, 08:17:50 am »
Queue saying estimated wait - 'less than an hour' !!

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #671 on: May 15, 2019, 08:18:48 am »
Same over here, its a joke.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: May 15, 2019, 08:19:02 am »
less than 45 mins in a guaranteed sale is that a joke

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #673 on: May 15, 2019, 08:19:43 am »
Been on the landing page since arounde half 7 - Had a 28 minute wait and has gone up to 33 minutes

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: May 15, 2019, 08:19:50 am »
best time I have has 11mins left - been 11 minutes for nearly 5 mins though
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #675 on: May 15, 2019, 08:19:56 am »
21 mins now gone up to 23 !
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #676 on: May 15, 2019, 08:20:00 am »
All them just looking should get off !

Offline AndoNagasaki

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • the devil makes good use for these hands of mine
« Reply #677 on: May 15, 2019, 08:20:25 am »
Started at 21 minutes, just gone up to 23...
the trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin I keep sliding off to the side

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: May 15, 2019, 08:20:45 am »
How can it be 45 mins for a guaranteed sale

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: May 15, 2019, 08:20:46 am »
They must be flooded with people just trying to get on. There will be thousands of people who dont understand our system who see "buy now" on the ticket page and click

That's the only way this makes any sense