Author Topic: Ballon d’Or Nominations/Awards  (Read 12652 times)

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Re: Ballon d’Or Nominations
« Reply #160 on: November 30, 2021, 05:27:09 pm »
This. An 8/10 year by his own standards is still the best player in the world. He's that much better than everyone.

Yep. The amount of piss boiling going on over this is hilarious ;D

It says it all about the incredible standards he has set in his career that it's considered a travesty that he wins the Ballon D'Or for a year in which he has 'only' scored 41 goals, got 17 assists, captained his country to the Copa America title and captained his club to the Copa del Rey.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #161 on: November 30, 2021, 06:33:05 pm »
and the winner is..........

apparently drogba was heard to say 'did you have to show this'

:lmao :lmao :lmao
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: November 30, 2021, 06:45:13 pm »
Yep, its a stupid system but in that period Messi was the best player. I mean there's a person above saying he had a shit copa and then saying ok i actually meant he had a shit final (he didnt). Who gives a fuck? Best player won the best player award, an award thats been pretty dogshit since Michael Owen won it :D

You clearly didn’t watch the final or the tournament as a whole. Angel di Maria was the standout performer in the final, and the standard of the competition was pretty trash. You’re such a Messi fanboy and entrenched in your opinion that you’re spouting shite.

No way is Messi deserving of the Ballon d’or this year. You’re just being contrarian for the sake of it
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: November 30, 2021, 06:51:44 pm »
Yep. The amount of piss boiling going on over this is hilarious ;D

It says it all about the incredible standards he has set in his career that it's considered a travesty that he wins the Ballon D'Or for a year in which he has 'only' scored 41 goals, got 17 assists, captained his country to the Copa America title and captained his club to the Copa del Rey.

I don’t think anyone gives a shit … Messi is phenomenal and I’m kind of glad he won it purely because it will piss of Ronaldo. But these are second tier competitions Messi won last year. These aren’t the sort of top level achievements he’s attained in the past.

I actually think the piss boiling is coming more from the Messi fanboys outraged at people pointing out the obvious fact that he shouldn’t have won it this year.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: November 30, 2021, 07:08:32 pm »
Too much focus on Messi winning it on here and not enough on the outrageous decision to give Jorginho 3rd.

Turd you say? Mightily appropriate I think.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #165 on: November 30, 2021, 09:33:22 pm »
Fully Deserved victory by the great man, he is so good people are taking him for granted

That copa america triumph was mind blowing, he has 7 ballon d'ors, but he should have 10+

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #166 on: November 30, 2021, 10:50:06 pm »
You clearly didn’t watch the final or the tournament as a whole. Angel di Maria was the standout performer in the final, and the standard of the competition was pretty trash. You’re such a Messi fanboy and entrenched in your opinion that you’re spouting shite.

No way is Messi deserving of the Ballon d’or this year. You’re just being contrarian for the sake of it
shut up , I watched every game, if you think the player who scored the most goals and had the most assists had a bad tournament then it shows what a load of shit your opinion is. If you had watched the final you'd have known Rodrigo De Paul was the best player, so stop replying, put your ronaldo doll away and stop your embarrassing shite. Wonder why Argentina haven't won shit since 1993 if their continental competitors are so shite but I'm sure you've got some convoluted made up bullshit like most of your posts to explain that away too.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 11:04:36 pm by scatman »
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 1, 2021, 12:02:03 am »
Messi/Ronaldo fanbois are as mad as Apple/Tesla fsnbois.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: December 1, 2021, 12:58:26 am »
shut up , I watched every game, if you think the player who scored the most goals and had the most assists had a bad tournament then it shows what a load of shit your opinion is. If you had watched the final you'd have known Rodrigo De Paul was the best player, so stop replying, put your ronaldo doll away and stop your embarrassing shite. Wonder why Argentina haven't won shit since 1993 if their continental competitors are so shite but I'm sure you've got some convoluted made up bullshit like most of your posts to explain that away too.

You are a right off your nut. I don’t believe for a single second you watched every game of that dreadful copa America tournament. Lying right out your rear there. If you did, then you are a weirdo that stays up at night, watching farmers football played in empty stadiums and no commentary.

But then maybe that explains a lot lmao

I also thought you said Messi was best player in the final, and now you’re saying Rodrigo de Paul. Make your mind up fella.

And where did I say he had a bad tournament? I said he had a pretty average tournament in what was a poor standard of football, and he wasn’t a difference maker in the final. He scored 4 goals, one of which was a penalty, against shite teams. You think that’s ballon d’or winning form. He’s a fucking amazing player but he’s now getting awards just because he’s Messi. One can acknowledge he’s probably the best player of all time and in the same breath say he didn’t deserve the ballon d’or this year. It’s called not being entrenched in your opinion.

And don’t involve me in your weirdo Messi/ Ronaldo fanboy nonsense. Couldn’t give a monkeys about either. Just calling it as I see it, and you’ve decided to stick pins in a voodoo doll for anyone that disagrees Messi shouldn’t be given every award by default.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: December 1, 2021, 01:54:45 am »
When Owen won it wasn't the biggest award though, the Fifa world player of the year was. The Balon D'Or was always given to more alternative players.

Think you mean "alternating", as in "alternating between Ronaldo and Messi" :)

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: December 1, 2021, 02:08:31 am »
That’s a paddlin’!

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #171 on: December 1, 2021, 08:27:46 am »
I can see their cunning plan and hope Mo sticks two fingers up and stays with us for years to come.

I was thinking, this might keep Mo off the 'wanted' list, but you raise a good point about their cunning plan.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #172 on: December 1, 2021, 08:34:26 am »

Messi was the player of the tournament but had a poor final. Others stepped up (as they did for Ronaldo in the Euros final or Real CL finals).

Lewandowski obviously would have won it in 2020. 2021 Poland finished bottom of their Euros group and he didnt play in CL after round of 16. Scoring a load of goals for Bayern in Bundesliga is not ballon d'or worthy.

Not sure Messi deserved it but Lewandowski not necessarily either. Jorginho a joke of a choice. Italy won the Euros but that pen he bottled has probably cost them a place at the World Cup (and nearly at tge Euros final).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #173 on: December 1, 2021, 11:31:37 am »
Messi/Ronaldo fanbois are as mad as Apple/Tesla fsnbois.

But Messi is quite clearly the best footballer on the planet and has been for some years. He is wonderful to watch when he is on form. Doesn’t make you a ‘fanboy’ to say that.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: December 1, 2021, 07:58:54 pm »
You would have to watch entirely too much football to really be able to give a proper opinion on who should win these things.

It's all about narrative. Who actually watched Jorginho and thought he was a top 10 neverminded top 3 player

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: October 17, 2022, 05:05:58 pm »
Ballon Dor tonight, Rankings for this past season announced.

https://twitter.com/francefootball

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #176 on: October 17, 2022, 05:07:50 pm »
Ronaldo getting 18 nominations  ;D ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ballon d’Or Nominations/Awards
« Reply #177 on: October 17, 2022, 05:25:06 pm »
Rumours are that Sadio and Mo are in the Top 5. Sadio maybe 2nd place behind Benzema.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: October 17, 2022, 05:44:00 pm »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: October 17, 2022, 08:01:37 pm »
2022 WOMEN’S BALLON D’OR WINNER

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2022, 08:22:53 pm »
Gavi wins the Kopa Award for Best Young Player.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2022, 08:25:15 pm »
Bellingham should have got it.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2022, 08:28:22 pm »
Mo 5th.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2022, 08:29:52 pm »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: October 17, 2022, 08:37:13 pm »
Courtois wins the Yashin Award for Best Keeper. Ali 2nd.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2022, 08:52:18 pm »
These awards are an absolute joke.

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2022, 08:56:01 pm »
City winning club of the year ahead of Real and us... yet another reason added to a long list of why these are laughable awards.  Didn't even know this was being held today, just happened to see it on a BBC skim about 15 mins ago.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: October 17, 2022, 08:56:21 pm »
2022 BALLON D’OR WINNER!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: October 17, 2022, 09:04:23 pm »
Top 3

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: October 17, 2022, 09:13:01 pm »
Will at least admit they got the men's and keepers somewhat correct, exception of a coiple and Virg of course, shocked he wasn't at least 10th but meh.  Even when Owen won it I never put much stock into these.  Congrats to Benzema for sure though, I'm sure he's elated.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #190 on: October 17, 2022, 09:14:19 pm »
Sadio buries his chance in the CL Final and he wins that
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2022, 09:14:22 pm »
Who came 4th?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2022, 09:16:50 pm »

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2022, 09:16:51 pm »
Lewandowski

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2022, 09:22:21 pm »
Lewandowski
No messi or Ronaldo

Incredible .

A new era is upon us.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: October 17, 2022, 09:24:10 pm »
what was Messi's ranking?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: October 17, 2022, 09:25:25 pm »
Cristiano Ronaldo’s lowest (20th) finish since 2005.

Lionel Messi missed the shortlist for the first time since 2005.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: October 17, 2022, 09:41:03 pm »
No messi or Ronaldo

Incredible .

A new era is upon us.
A new era of 30-35 year olds. How the hell was Sadio second?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 17, 2022, 09:42:55 pm »

Won 2 trophies with us, was AFCON winner and Best Player of the tournament. Runners up in Premier League and Champions League too.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2022, 09:48:11 pm »

As in you don’t think he should have been…?  ??? He’s had an exceptional year, for club and country. Him and Mo played every game they possibly could have for club and country, that’s ridiculous.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.