Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2195168 times)

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: Rafa's Blooooooooo's are smacked by the Reds
« Reply #3360 on: December 2, 2021, 10:44:02 pm »
Everton chairman Bill Kenwright claimed lavishly earlier this year that other clubs look admiringly in the direction of Goodison Park's boardroom when examples of how to conduct their affairs are required.

Kenwright stated: "One very famous football club said to me two or three days ago 'whenever we have a problem we say 'what would the Everton board do?' because they always get it right'"
This sounds like some made-up thing Trump would say
Yeah it sounds totally made up. It's Bill mythologising himself and his club as if it were the storyline of another West End production, as opposed to real life.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3361 on: December 2, 2021, 10:47:34 pm »
Apologies if posted before
https://twitter.com/Deborah1878/status/1466203051971293196?t=P0lm58qZW6fylHdpN652Aw&s=08

This thread is funny 😂🤣
From the replies...
"Rafa Benitez threw 11 donkeys on the pitch , I shall be reporting him to the RSPCA."
 :lmao
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3362 on: December 2, 2021, 10:48:43 pm »
Last 8 W 0 D 2 L 6.   Only 5 points ahead of Burnley.  Carry on like that and who knows?

Fer fucks sake I'm trying to jinx them and you're jinxing the jinx ;D

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #3363 on: December 2, 2021, 10:51:30 pm »

"Try our new fragrance... Eau Dear." ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3364 on: December 2, 2021, 10:51:32 pm »
Not only did our fans not react badly but it was actually Reds fans who were instrumental in getting the club to play Z Cars that night. I remember the messages zipping back and forth that day saying let's make this happen for Rhys. Chalk and cheese.
I was there that night - we played Toulouse and Rhys’s family were at the game. The whole ground applauded after they played Z Cars and and then sang YNWA, followed by a minute’s applause. One of the most moving things I’ve experienced at a match.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3365 on: December 2, 2021, 10:56:18 pm »
Rafa was an easy mark to take that job after the money ran out because he was really keen on it given the location and his desire to work.

Dickhead owners like Mike Ashley and Moshiri must see him coming. He takes really stupid jobs.

You’re right. Ashley paying Rafa £6m a year and Moshiri agreeing to £15m a year at Everton is great evidence they saw him coming. I wouldn’t mind a stupid job like that.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3366 on: December 2, 2021, 10:56:35 pm »
I was there that night - we played Toulouse and Rhys’s family were at the game. The whole ground applauded after they played Z Cars and and then sang YNWA, followed by a minute’s applause. One of the most moving things I’ve experienced at a match.
Yep I was there as well. Lots of people saying things like Rhys and his family are the most important thing tonight. Not a word or shout out of place that I can remember.

Totally different attitude to the numpties last night and on socials today. Yet they can do it right when they want to - witness some of the Hillsborough related things Everton have done. They can do it, they just give in to hate and jealousy and blaming their woes on us, too easily.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3367 on: December 2, 2021, 10:57:14 pm »

One of the few games I got to with my lad, he was just turned 6 at the time, was in the upper anny and it got a bit dusty when Rhys' mam & dad came out on the pitch

Always remember taking him to see the memorial just as the Toulouse fans marched down Anfield Road, poor lad shit himself ;D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3368 on: December 2, 2021, 11:19:15 pm »
Yep I was there as well. Lots of people saying things like Rhys and his family are the most important thing tonight. Not a word or shout out of place that I can remember.

Totally different attitude to the numpties last night and on socials today. Yet they can do it right when they want to - witness some of the Hillsborough related things Everton have done. They can do it, they just give in to hate and jealousy and blaming their woes on us, too easily.

Everton are a great club. It's the many but not all of their fans, the gobshites, that bring them down. Great tribute to Ray Kennedy, sharing it with Cliffy Marshall, lid.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3369 on: December 2, 2021, 11:20:55 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5IGgySsi4k

Great to watch heh. Everton despair and praising Liverpool.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #3370 on: December 2, 2021, 11:50:39 pm »
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3372 on: December 3, 2021, 12:09:31 am »
« Last Edit: December 3, 2021, 12:13:40 am by kavah »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #3373 on: December 3, 2021, 12:33:38 am »
I very much expect Newcastle to be chasing Calvert Lewin prior to their game on the 30th, they are fools if they don't, even though don't buy him.

I would expect DCL to be very interested in any offer as well given the wages he can get his hands on.

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #3374 on: December 3, 2021, 12:39:50 am »

Fair play, good set of lads, if all EFC supporters were like this I suspect they would do better

(albeit the lad on the left is a little too excitable)
« Last Edit: December 3, 2021, 01:08:01 am by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #3375 on: December 3, 2021, 01:43:34 am »
They went on about playing 2 in the middle. As though that was the reason they lost.

Rafa likes his 4-2-3-1.

But play 3 next time in the middle. Play 4. Play 5.

It's not like our lads don't know what to do. We've faced them all. We're elite because we know how to break those down.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #3376 on: December 3, 2021, 06:40:38 am »

Guy on the right looks like his default setting is fume.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3377 on: December 3, 2021, 06:49:14 am »

Dom King saying Arsenal want to sign Calvert Lewin in the summer.

No chance Everton can say no, they desperately need money to invest inthe squad after having squandered £500m

They’ve got little else they can do

They're desperate for PSG to come in for Richy if Mbappe goes.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #3378 on: December 3, 2021, 07:36:58 am »
Yeah it sounds totally made up. It's Bill mythologising himself and his club as if it were the storyline of another West End production, as opposed to real life.

He’s the male equivalent of Petula, the Julie Walters Character in Dinner Ladies.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3379 on: December 3, 2021, 08:29:33 am »
Just stumbled across this Dixie Dean banner, on a different tangent. Smart isn’t it?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3380 on: December 3, 2021, 08:59:14 am »
A good piece in 'This is Anfield'. This paragraph jumped out at me:-

It is difficult to decipher just what they want from football. There is no discernible direction, no hallmarks they can call their own – other than their generation-long quest to shift themselves from their admittedly iconic long-term home to a new-build Meccano structure as if it will magically cure all the club’s deep-rooted ills.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/12/toxic-goodison-and-evertons-lost-identity-as-reds-avoid-stereotypical-derby/
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3381 on: December 3, 2021, 09:05:06 am »
They're desperate for PSG to come in for Richy if Mbappe goes.

Keep Rafa, get rid of Richie and let him spend the money wisely is what they should do, but this is Everton
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3382 on: December 3, 2021, 09:11:00 am »
https://twitter.com/Owen_1906/status/1466440916558827534?t=F8kvDi1qoK2uyYcDiC8PwQ&s=19

"Salah's in, it's 2-0, Fucks sake, FUCKS SAKE!! :lmao

Does he deliberately turn his camera away so he doesn't film the goal? I dont think it's because he's worried about a copyright claim if so. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3383 on: December 3, 2021, 09:18:24 am »
Their anger has turned into self-loathing. But they’re not listening to anyone. You can’t have a laugh with them anymore .

It’s a different anger and frustration from Riyad United. Riyad United have flipped their arrogance and insignificance into an us against the world crusade. “We are the chosen club.” Plus they’re a one-club city.

The Everton malaise is angrier and more worrying. Whilst Newcastle supporters probably only see the odd-Sunderland and Darlington shirt walking through their city (I’m guessing), the Evertonians have constant references to how far away they are from the top.  And we are the top. And we’re everywhere.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3384 on: December 3, 2021, 09:51:10 am »
I would expect DCL to be very interested in any offer as well given the wages he can get his hands on.

Not to mention the amount of skirt/dress shops there probably is in London

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3385 on: December 3, 2021, 09:53:54 am »
In terms of their giant sandpit, there's a blue who does drone vidoes of both BMD and the Anfield Road projects which are a decent watch...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCck6avUApxISvZ163Ub3NOg

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3386 on: December 3, 2021, 10:16:07 am »
In terms of their giant sandpit, there's a blue who does drone vidoes of both BMD and the Anfield Road projects which are a decent watch...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCck6avUApxISvZ163Ub3NOg

Are we using grow lights on the pitch? I didn't know we did that. Interesting.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #3387 on: December 3, 2021, 10:19:37 am »
This sounds like some made-up thing Trump would say

It was definitely sarcasm, they were taking the piss Bill.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3389 on: December 3, 2021, 11:11:09 am »
It was definitely sarcasm, they were taking the piss Bill.
I can't believe he went public with it.

If he genuinely believes that then it's a very quick and easy explanation of how they have ended up in this state.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3390 on: December 3, 2021, 11:12:35 am »
Are we using grow lights on the pitch? I didn't know we did that. Interesting.

Have been for years, i saw them on a stadium tour a few years ago.

The worst for me was, as our old office was high up and not far from OT, I could see into the ground. One morning there was all this smoke rising and we thought the place was on fire, sadly it turned out they spray a garlic spray on the pitch the kill the worms.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #3391 on: December 3, 2021, 11:12:47 am »
Had similar once when I had my bar, the playlist we had just had this ad hoc mix of music from most genres and decades going, so one of the songs that comes on is Ring of Fire. A couple of fellas probably early 50s who at that point just standing having a drink and one of them starts screaming at me where I'm behind the bar; "fuckin get it off !! Turn it fuckin off!"
"Why mate?"
"Fuckin red shite song lad"
"Nah,.it's Johnny cash mate"
*Turns volume up*

Drank up and left then. Things like that can sometimes be better than having security at the door. Clears out the riff raff.

I really want to know if next song on the playlist was Status Quo's 'Rockin all over the World' or Los Lobos 'La Bamba' ? :-)

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3392 on: December 3, 2021, 12:26:06 pm »

Dom King saying Arsenal want to sign Calvert Lewin in the summer.

No chance Everton can say no, they desperately need money to invest inthe squad after having squandered £500m

They’ve got little else they can do

Much like Ross Barkley, Everton’s valuation of Calvert Lewin will be far higher than what is actual market value is.
Justice for the 96!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #3394 on: December 3, 2021, 01:08:57 pm »
Much like Ross Barkley, Everton’s valuation of Calvert Lewin will be far higher than what is actual market value is.
I actually rate Calvert-Lewin, he works hard, finishes well and can link up the play decently. I don't think he'd fit in at Arsenal though, he likes the service from the wings and that's not how Arteta plays.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #3395 on: December 3, 2021, 02:36:21 pm »
https://twitter.com/kevwalsh_/status/1466706780260638725

Someone might have posted that but if you do anything today, watch that. Close to pissing myself here. Genuinely thought he'd burst into tears.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3396 on: December 3, 2021, 02:48:13 pm »

Cue Chippy Tits on the blower to Action Fraud.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3397 on: December 3, 2021, 02:55:29 pm »
I actually rate Calvert-Lewin, he works hard, finishes well and can link up the play decently. I don't think he'd fit in at Arsenal though, he likes the service from the wings and that's not how Arteta plays.

He's what we hoped we were getting with Andy Carroll. I don't see him as a good fit for Arsenal though.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3398 on: December 3, 2021, 03:05:43 pm »
https://twitter.com/kevwalsh_/status/1466706780260638725

Someone might have posted that but if you do anything today, watch that. Close to pissing myself here. Genuinely thought he'd burst into tears.

Saw in the comments and I was thinking it too - was half expecting the ground to go off when Everton scored and see the horror in their faces as they thought they might have left too soon!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan