Author Topic: Taskmaster  (Read 27220 times)

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
Re: Taskmaster
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2021, 12:20:09 pm »
Very funny show

For best contestants the winner for me not only in this but in , Would I Lie to you is Bob Mortimer

If only you watch Would I lie to you on YouTube just for the Bob Mortimer clips . Hilarious but in a clever way & I was never a huge fan of Reeves & Mortimer

Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2021, 09:30:27 am »
Back tonight. Should be great.

Alex Horne is just really great, love him with Tim Key and Mark Watson on No More Jockeys too
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 03:20:55 pm by Elzar »
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2021, 12:59:29 pm »
Doc Brown rapping "1, 2, 3, 4, 5..." is one of the best bits of TV ever.

He and Jon Richardson both really nailed that task in a way that was both seriously impressive and extremely funny. Jon Richardson's effort was also quite disturbing.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2021, 03:10:41 pm »
The show is fantastic fun.

There are so many comedians I don't generally like that I end up really enjoying on this show. With some exceptions, Aisling Bea remained incredibly annoying throughout.

The contestants that feign stupidity really annoy me. Paul Chowdhry did this a lot.

I enjoy the contestants that think outside the box, Richard Osman was great for this.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2021, 04:19:33 pm »

Aisling Bea remained incredibly annoying throughout.

ditto...sort of liked her before I saw her on Taskmaster...couldn't stand her after it

I enjoy the contestants that think outside the box, Richard Osman was great for this.

yep, see also Rhod Gilbert...who didn't so much think outside the box, as kick fuck out of and set fire to the box, and created his own nutty box....great contestant
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2021, 08:58:22 pm »
Reminder that the new series is on now!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2021, 09:10:41 pm »
Charlotte Ritchie is the spit of Animal House-era Karen Allen
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2021, 10:05:40 pm »
That was great ;D

Lee Mack’a sandwich making was brilliant, as was pretty much everything Mike Wozniak did.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2021, 10:12:30 pm »
Idea for a Comic Relief crossover special.

TaskMasterChef.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2021, 12:32:39 pm »
That was great ;D

Lee Mack’a sandwich making was brilliant, as was pretty much everything Mike Wozniak did.

One of those people that can make you laugh with the most innocuous of things. Funny just looking at him. He's ace.

Love the fact he picked the hardest thing to use in one of those tasks (I don`t know how to use spoilers but anyone who watched it will know what I am talking about)

Good line up this series me thinks. Nice contrast in their sense of humour and approach
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2021, 12:33:35 pm »
Idea for a Comic Relief crossover special.

TaskMasterChef.

Should be in this thread mate

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=26507.0
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2021, 07:24:15 pm »
Thought it was disappointing.

Maybe they’ll grow on me, but the line up is pretty poor again.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2021, 12:39:40 pm »

Yep, Lee Mack's sandwich making was a strong start. And Mike Wozniak is brilliant. The hoverboard was a real highlight.

I'm still catching up on old episodes. Watched the one with Sally Phillips' jelly throwing last night. That was fantastic!

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2021, 12:43:08 pm »
Fun fact I saw on Reddit: the wording on the new "Russian" poster of Greg in the house translates as: "Task master. Tasks are our duty"

That's top attention to detail.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2021, 06:14:04 pm »
Just two episodes into season 7 with Acaster, Gilbert and co has been fantastic.

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2021, 01:31:03 pm »
Just two episodes into season 7 with Acaster, Gilbert and co has been fantastic.

That's my favourite series I think and I think it's generally the most popular. There's a scene with Rhod Gilbert and Alex and a "water feature" which is peak Taskmaster.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2021, 02:14:13 pm »

That and Mortimers series are both my favourite. Acaster is brilliant entertainment on anything he is on.

Promising start for the new lot, loads of fun to be had I reckon.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2021, 06:27:01 pm »
I had no idea Little Alex Horne was.a Red. Like him even more now!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2021, 09:45:31 pm »
That's my favourite series I think and I think it's generally the most popular. There's a scene with Rhod Gilbert and Alex and a "water feature" which is peak Taskmaster.
That and Mortimers series are both my favourite. Acaster is brilliant entertainment on anything he is on.

Promising start for the new lot, loads of fun to be had I reckon.
Agreed on both counts. Acaster, Gilbert, Jessica, Kerry and Wang and his haggling at the start was just the best season so far from start to finish followed by Mortimer's season.

Season 8 I'm on now and it's weird and not as good. Stirling seems angry. Joe is confused half the time. Sinha isn't great either.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2021, 10:21:33 pm »
Sinha appearing on the show made him realise something was wrong with him, he was subsequently diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease

Offline Damo58

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2021, 11:07:16 am »
Agreed on both counts. Acaster, Gilbert, Jessica, Kerry and Wang and his haggling at the start was just the best season so far from start to finish followed by Mortimer's season.

Season 8 I'm on now and it's weird and not as good. Stirling seems angry. Joe is confused half the time. Sinha isn't great either.

I think 8 and 10 are the weakest. 8 still had it's moments but Stirling comes across as a dick and Paul Sinha is clearly struggling physically. Joe Thomas is just really weird but he's probably the best on that series. His social awkwardness shines through.

Series 10 was probably my least favourite. Didn't particularly warm to any of them (in this context - I like some of them in other stuff) and it was jarring not having the audience. I think I can forget the lack of audience with 11 as the contestants are stronger.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2021, 12:24:53 pm »
I think my least favourite series was 6, the only person I really liked was Tim Vine, the others were ok but dont think the show was that funny. The latest 2 series I cant say I've loved them as much as most others. Maybe it's just a covid/studio distancing thing, as there has been no discernable difference since they moved to Channel 4. 

There was an American version that I've never seen. It had Alex Horne in it but no Greg, so it's no surprise it only lasted one series.

Seeing James Acaster getting angry is brilliant TV, hes great. Out of all the guests theres only one person I genuinely disliked and that was Ian Stirling, although to be fair to him, even he didnt like how he came across on the team tasks.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2021, 12:28:13 pm »
I think my favourite James Acaster rant was after the team task where Rhod Gilbert just fucked off and left him and Phil Wang to it only for Wang to end up going to Gilbert and leaving Acaster ;D

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2021, 12:30:07 pm »
Wasn't really aware of Mike Wozniak before this but I'm enjoying him so far.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2021, 12:37:27 pm »
I think my favourite James Acaster rant was after the team task where Rhod Gilbert just fucked off and left him and Phil Wang to it only for Wang to end up going to Gilbert and leaving Acaster ;D

Was that the one where he was wishing the garage was open, then after, saw Rhod Gilbert go and open it  :)

I liked the one where they had to find an orange in some socks and Rhod Gilbert asked Alex to go and get him one.
He went on a great rant back in the studio about Gilbert shoving the orange up his arse.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 12:39:52 pm by Nitramdorf »

Offline Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2021, 12:39:37 pm »
Wasn't really aware of Mike Wozniak before this but I'm enjoying him so far.

I've only ever seen him in Greg's Man Down show which I think he co wrote.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2021, 12:46:42 pm »
Was that the one where he was wishing the garage was open, then after, saw Rhod Gilbert go and open it  :)

I liked the one where they had to find an orange in some socks and Rhod Gilbert asked Alex to go and get him one.
He went on a great rant back in the studio about Gilbert shoving the orange up his arse.

Yeah it was, asked if the garage door was open for them too only for the video to see Gilbert close it :lmao

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #68 on: April 1, 2021, 09:26:22 pm »
I love how much Alex is winding Jamali up :lmao

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: April 2, 2021, 03:51:52 pm »
I love how much Alex is winding Jamali up :lmao

Very much enjoyed Alex 'forgetting' the calendar was already in the room.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: April 4, 2021, 02:44:27 pm »
Season 9 with Baddiel and co is a return to form after season 8. All good contestants.

Shame though they don't the individual tasks anymore.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: April 8, 2021, 10:52:11 pm »
Best episode for a while I think, that one.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #72 on: April 8, 2021, 11:07:33 pm »
Yeah it was a great episode. Quite a few genuinely laugh out loud moments, think I might rewatch over the weekend

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2021, 09:55:25 pm »
Oh Mike :lmao

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2021, 09:55:55 pm »
Had a feeling this would be bumped after that :lmao the last 3 episodes have been great

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2021, 09:59:21 pm »
It’s like a casserole down there... Ha!

This series has been great.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2021, 08:45:25 pm »
Wozniak fart :lmao

Offline Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: May 1, 2021, 10:36:51 am »
"You've got no chutzpah"  :lmao

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #78 on: May 2, 2021, 01:00:21 pm »
Kind of wish they hadn't revealed the alphabet pattern for the instructions task until afterwards, because it was so bloody frustrating watching them fail when you know.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #79 on: May 2, 2021, 02:21:33 pm »
Fair play to Charlotte Ritchie - somehow, she manages to grin & bear it.  Definitely a future in resilience talks for her.