Author Topic: It's a conspiraceh  (Read 45375 times)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: It's a conspiraceh
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2020, 11:39:51 am »
North Liverpool has what I would describe as a major issue with conspiracy theorists and the like. I don’t know if that’s the same elsewhere in the city but I think an understandable mistrust of authority is quite a natural thing here so it only makes sense that a disproportionate amount of people end up thinking along these lines.

I get the mistrust thing, but it's all right-wing nonsense that is easily debunked. For a left-wing city it baffles me how many of my Scouse mates seem to believe in this rubbish, many of whom are generally pretty vocal about their politics.
YNWA.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2020, 04:52:11 pm »
QAnon/Covid truther rally in Berlin, all a bit fascist. I’m not sure we should laugh at these people anymore.

https://twitter.com/qanonanonymous/status/1299731517392826368?s=21

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #82 on: August 29, 2020, 05:18:33 pm »
Actual facists in Trafalgar Square today..

Campaigning against face masks..

Madness...

Icke and Corbyn speakers as per the usual lunacy.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2020, 05:20:06 pm »
Complete fools and idiots.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2020, 05:21:10 pm »
Of course you should laugh at them. They are fucking idiots... I get that those conspiracy theories are dangerous and some of those people might be dangerous as well, as s shown by the guy who went into that pizza place with his gun in the US. At the same time, we also should not overestimate the whole movement and make it look like it is more than a couple of village idiots coming together.

I don't know about the numbers in Berlin today, but the last protest had about 20k people there. And they came from all walks of life and from across the political spectrum. The only thing connecting them was the their whining about restrictions in connection with covid-19. And they went to Berlin from all over Germany and probably elsewhere (like Austria). Berlin alone has more than 3 million inhabitants. So, I think despite the dangers connected with QAnon and other nutters we need to keep the perspective. They are just a very vocal but microscopically small minority...

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2020, 05:24:07 pm »
That’s a British union of facists flag by the way
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2020, 06:44:19 pm »
QAnon/Covid truther rally in Berlin, all a bit fascist. I’m not sure we should laugh at these people anymore.

Easy pickings for far right groups to hijack these type of events.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2020, 07:31:19 pm »
Easy pickings for far right groups to hijack these type of events.

Yes.

It's a well known tactic by many a fringe group to tag along and get their banners in a prominent position for the cameras, protests becoming publicity amplifiers for them.

The SWP are also masters of doing this sort of thing, though I doubt they'd want to be associated with these particular crackpots, or not yet, though if there is ever the potential for rioting then I expect it would be seen as an opportunity simply not to be missed by many a group of anarchic pursuasion and of both the left and the right.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2020, 11:02:46 pm »
The "Save our Children" protests are mainly QAnon by the way. It was pretty surprising so many turned up to the Liverpool protest.

It's obviously an important cause BUT it has been hijacked by the right-wing for some easily debunked conspiracies. Prince Andrew might be a nonce but the focus on "celebrity" sex trafficking is problematic when most of these people don't seem to be too concerned about every day trafficking.

They always like to have a peado angle for these things, brings in the punters. Bums on seats innit.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2020, 07:50:29 am »
Actual facists in Trafalgar Square today..

Campaigning against face masks..

Madness...

Icke and Corbyn speakers as per the usual lunacy.

Quite a few with an Albanian nature there too.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2020, 10:54:58 am »
What do people think about Icke? I used to think he was just a bit bonkers but looking at the millions hes making I'm starting to think he might be a very clever manipulator. Making fortunes online whilst being anti internet is quite an achievement.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2020, 11:08:25 am »
What do people think about Icke? I used to think he was just a bit bonkers but looking at the millions hes making I'm starting to think he might be a very clever manipulator. Making fortunes online whilst being anti internet is quite an achievement.
No. He's a lot bonkers. The problem is - like with Trump - there are hordes of idiots who are unable to distinguish between insanity and profundity/genius; Trump - obviously - is neither. Nor is Icke. Icke is just disturbed. I presume no malevolence from him. His supporters/followers are purely deluded. This does not apply to Trump who is narcissistic sociopath, with not a single redeeming quality. And this surely is reflective of his supporters/followers.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2020, 11:30:11 am »
No. He's a lot bonkers. The problem is - like with Trump - there are hordes of idiots who are unable to distinguish between insanity and profundity/genius; Trump - obviously - is neither. Nor is Icke. Icke is just disturbed. I presume no malevolence from him. His supporters/followers are purely deluded. This does not apply to Trump who is narcissistic sociopath, with not a single redeeming quality. And this surely is reflective of his supporters/followers.

There's no ambiguity with Trump. He's exactly what he appears to be. Reginald d hunter put it very well when asked if he thought Trump was stupid. He said "no I think he's a very clever person who knows exactly what stupid people want to hear".

Icke is a very shrewd financial operator, which took me back a bit. At this stage he's got many traits of a cult leader. I never realized his following was so large.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2020, 04:38:28 pm »

And they were also  trying to storm the Bundestag (German Parliament). These pricks know exactly what they are doing and will look for sympathetic outlets to treat them like victims.

This is their excuse to come out of the woodwork. I mean FFS

Another protester said he wanted Germany’s current political system abolished and a return to the constitution of 1871 on the grounds that the country’s postwar political system was illegal. Providing only his first name, Karl-Heinz, he said he had travelled with his sister from their home near the Dutch border to attend the protest and believed that the coronavirus cases being reported in Germany now were false positives.
https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/29/berlin-braces-for-anti-coronavirus-protest-against-covid-19-restrictions?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2020, 09:07:13 pm »

He's recycling conspiracy theories from the start of the 20th century which ended in pogroms and mass murder. It's pretty sinister stuff if you dig past the 'lol reptiles' part. There's a reason why the far right boost him. Sure there's common ground elsewhere for where he draws support. There's a few places where the extremes cross over and find a little place where they share their pet hates which can be remarkably similar.

Piers Corbyn among those arrested today. £10k fine.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 09:13:01 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2020, 09:16:15 pm »
He's recycling conspiracy theories from the turn of the 20th century which ended in pogroms and mass murder. It's pretty sinister stuff if you dig past the 'lol reptiles' part. There's a reason why the far right boost him. Sure there's common ground elsewhere for where he draws support. There's a few places where the extremes cross over and find a little place where they share their pet hates which can be remarkably similar.

I did not realise that. I probably should have done. But I avoid reading anything from Icke because, as I wrote before, he's obviously very disturbed. I find it odd that anyone (who are apparently less disturbed) would follow him.

As for Piers Corbyn: I possess a deep, visceral loathing for the man.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 09:18:53 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2020, 09:32:09 pm »
I did not realise that. I probably should have done. But I avoid reading anything from Icke because, as I wrote before, he's obviously very disturbed. I find it odd that anyone (who are apparently less disturbed) would follow him.

As for Piers Corbyn: I possess a deep, visceral loathing for the man.

He's selling what you get if you mash together old far right stuff with new age conspiracy theories. Don't think you're on your own in not wading into it to spot it. Most tune out long before you get to wondering whether this is a logical branch out of far right occultism. I only know cos someone I know has been banging this drum for years now about how he drip feeds things to a very wide audience.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2020, 09:08:02 am »
He's recycling conspiracy theories from the start of the 20th century which ended in pogroms and mass murder. It's pretty sinister stuff if you dig past the 'lol reptiles' part. There's a reason why the far right boost him. Sure there's common ground elsewhere for where he draws support. There's a few places where the extremes cross over and find a little place where they share their pet hates which can be remarkably similar.

Looking at the photos of the 'rally' it's a right mixed bag of demonstrators - old, young, black, white, some really odd looking, weird banners and one holding up what appears to be a lengthy hand written 'manifesto'.

Strange, sad people.

If he doesn't pay the fine hopefully he'll get a couple of months inside.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2020, 12:15:34 pm »

Tickled me when I read the argument he is making to refuse to pay the fine, he's actually making the police case more stronger.
Am undecided about Pierce Corbyn, I wonder how much money he's been making from all this conspiracy theory lifestyle.

Hundreds of protesters, some of whom displayed anti-mask and anti-vaccination placards, had gathered in Trafalgar Square in London on Saturday afternoon.
"I'm not going to pay, my solicitor has written a statement rebutting the claims", Mr Corbyn told Sky's political correspondent Rob Powell.

"The arrest of me is completely unjustified.
Advertisement
"The demonstration had gone smoothly and the police were guiding us down Whitehall when another group of officers turned up and frogmarched me off."

Mr Corbyn, a 73-year-old climate change denier, claimed organizers had been in contact with police for two weeks about the anti-lockdown protest.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-first-10-000-fines-issued-to-eight-people-over-illegal-gatherings-12059943
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 12:17:51 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2020, 01:30:15 pm »
The more I see of the principal actors in social media Conspiracy Theory activity, the more I recognise the validity of horseshoe theory.

The main players in both extreme camps, as noted above, aren’t short of a bob, either.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2020, 02:49:29 pm »
Of course you should laugh at them. They are fucking idiots... I get that those conspiracy theories are dangerous and some of those people might be dangerous as well, as s shown by the guy who went into that pizza place with his gun in the US. At the same time, we also should not overestimate the whole movement and make it look like it is more than a couple of village idiots coming together.

I don't know about the numbers in Berlin today, but the last protest had about 20k people there. And they came from all walks of life and from across the political spectrum. The only thing connecting them was the their whining about restrictions in connection with covid-19. And they went to Berlin from all over Germany and probably elsewhere (like Austria). Berlin alone has more than 3 million inhabitants. So, I think despite the dangers connected with QAnon and other nutters we need to keep the perspective. They are just a very vocal but microscopically small minority...

I would agree. It's come to the point it's not just a select group of people. It's actually quite widespread and then you have all this 'Save our Children' stuff which is a covert way to sow the seeds of doubt into people who probably wouldn't normally fall for conspiracy.

There's people believing these conspiracies not realising that they are perpetuated by the alt-right and often have a lot of seedy undercurrents of racism/fascism/Trumpism/whatever.

I'm actually quite worried about it. Disinformation is the new political norm (as seen by Trump and Brexit). People want to believe these fantasy conspiracy theories instead of actually protesting real things like government incompetence, shady commercial deals etc.
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2020, 02:53:16 pm »

Just like Alex Jones and the owner of LondonReal etc, they are master manipulators making a shed load of money. It's quite interesting that they seem to have a conspiracy for every potential event/circumstance. I wonder if they actually believe the stuff they shout at people or if it's just a money game.
YNWA.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2020, 03:11:52 pm »
Just like Alex Jones and the owner of LondonReal etc, they are master manipulators making a shed load of money. It's quite interesting that they seem to have a conspiracy for every potential event/circumstance. I wonder if they actually believe the stuff they shout at people or if it's just a money game.
This is my suspicion as well. are they really this paranoid, it's the same watching many of these charlatan USA religious preachers. praise the lord and send me all your dosh while your at it, none of these leeches believe in religion. they just make a nice living exploiting the gullible.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2020, 12:22:14 am by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: September 1, 2020, 01:00:26 pm »
Frankly, I think you nailed it Dr Hillary.
Piers Corbyn talking rubbish again.
https://twitter.com/JoosyJew/status/1300716964525019136
« Last Edit: September 1, 2020, 01:29:59 pm by oldfordie »
               Emily Maitlis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 1, 2020, 01:06:53 pm »
Frankly, I think you nailed it Dr Hillary.
Pierce Corbyn talking rubbish again.
https://twitter.com/JoosyJew/status/1300716964525019136

Piers Corbyn showing the world what a real crank looks like.

I thought where ha was saying older vaccines are fine, like the ones that have defeated measles and polio but the danger is in new vaccines. Hallelujah the prophet has spoken.

Fucking arsehole.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: September 1, 2020, 01:28:44 pm »
Piers Corbyn showing the world what a real crank looks like.

I thought where ha was saying older vaccines are fine, like the ones that have defeated measles and polio but the danger is in new vaccines. Hallelujah the prophet has spoken.

Fucking arsehole.
He was starting to sound like Frankie Howard for a sec, Ahh no, no.
Old Vaccines are fine are they. he was arguing there's a link between Autism and the MIR vaccination only weeks before Covid hit the country, he's a dangerous charlatan.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: September 1, 2020, 02:14:38 pm »

"Nobody ever went broke by underestimating the intelligence of the masses" (or something along those lines).

It's a racket.  They know what they're doing. Generally speaking there's not as much money in the truth as there is only one version of it, once you've written one book and done the talks, there's not much more you can do.  Especially as you would have spent a long time in researching it, getting it right and becoming an expert in that field.

If you're one of these loons you can write multiple books and tours on one subject because you can keep adding more and more layers of bullshit. And seeing as you've not bothered to spend the time in actually understanding it, you just claim "common sense", you have plenty of time left to spout your bollocks on all sorts of other subjects.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 1, 2020, 02:40:06 pm »
Last Week Tonight has done an episode on Alex Jones and they have basically shown in how many ways he's milking the idiots who are following him. It goes from peddling overpriced shite from his shop to whining about he needs money to keep the business going while wearing various different Rolex-watches and whatever. It also helps that this conspiracy shite is great to be selling all kinds of stuff from "survival gear" like butt-wipes to "health products" like food supplements. I would be very surprised, if Jones believes half the shite he's peddling. That said, I could see the people kind of get sucked into all the conspiracy shite and the role they play, when they lead those kind of public lives and have to keep up the whole charade all the time...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 1, 2020, 04:16:22 pm »
"Nobody ever went broke by underestimating the intelligence of the masses" (or something along those lines).

It's a racket.  They know what they're doing. Generally speaking there's not as much money in the truth as there is only one version of it, once you've written one book and done the talks, there's not much more you can do.  Especially as you would have spent a long time in researching it, getting it right and becoming an expert in that field.

If you're one of these loons you can write multiple books and tours on one subject because you can keep adding more and more layers of bullshit. And seeing as you've not bothered to spend the time in actually understanding it, you just claim "common sense", you have plenty of time left to spout your bollocks on all sorts of other subjects.

And add to the fact that the purchasers of each book only read the first chapter so they can repeat the same bullshit ad infinitum but rearrange the words very slightly.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 1, 2020, 11:07:22 pm »
It's HILARIOUS when someone forwards you some conspiracy documentary via WhatsApp or Facebook using their iPhone whilst telling you to "wake up".

Surely if this is some deep dark secret you wouldn't be communicating somewhere so... Zuckerberg-y.
YNWA.

Online gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 1, 2020, 11:57:06 pm »
My cambridge latin course was a long time ago, but came across a very viral post warning not to attend Covid Screenings, avoid Covid warnings etc..

Apparently IPSOS MORI is translated as "they die" (in google).

Hahaha

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 2, 2020, 08:25:29 am »
It's HILARIOUS when someone forwards you some conspiracy documentary via WhatsApp or Facebook using their iPhone whilst telling you to "wake up".

Surely if this is some deep dark secret you wouldn't be communicating somewhere so... Zuckerberg-y.

This is what gets me about the 5G wankers. On cue it becomes industry standard they'll use it to peddle their latest series of myths.

Just like the fuckwit Piers Corbyn yesterday saying that the measles vaccine work's but it's an old vaccine, whereas a Covid vaccine won't work because it's 'new'.

Mind you there were Victorian conspiracy theorists who believed travelling on a train would squash your internal organs and they no doubt sent letters in green ink to the editor of the Times evangelising their theories.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 3, 2020, 07:20:14 pm »
Was in Llandudno yesterday and was in close proximity to two separate conversations in a matter of hours where the talk was "It's a man made virus!", and "It's a Scamdemic!

On top of that I ended up in a pub run by a pair of blueshite.  At least the barman was a red though.  Tried not to snicker at the Messi shirt on the wall.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 3, 2020, 07:29:38 pm »
Was in Llandudno yesterday and was in close proximity to two separate conversations in a matter of hours where the talk was "It's a man made virus!", and "It's a Scamdemic!

On top of that I ended up in a pub run by a pair of blueshite.  At least the barman was a red though.  Tried not to snicker at the Messi shirt on the wall.

The "its a scam" brigade really fuck me off.  However I dont think you can automatically dismiss it being man made as a CT.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 3, 2020, 07:48:30 pm »
Last Week Tonight has done an episode on Alex Jones and they have basically shown in how many ways he's milking the idiots who are following him. It goes from peddling overpriced shite from his shop to whining about he needs money to keep the business going while wearing various different Rolex-watches and whatever. It also helps that this conspiracy shite is great to be selling all kinds of stuff from "survival gear" like butt-wipes to "health products" like food supplements. I would be very surprised, if Jones believes half the shite he's peddling. That said, I could see the people kind of get sucked into all the conspiracy shite and the role they play, when they lead those kind of public lives and have to keep up the whole charade all the time...
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WyGq6cjcc3Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WyGq6cjcc3Q</a>
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: September 3, 2020, 08:07:47 pm »
I've been blessed with some intelligence and many years ago, I sat down with one of mates to have a conversation along the lines of "there's loads of gullible idiots in this world, lets come up with an idea/product to cream their money from them".

I have since gone down a more righteous path, but I'm sure you get my point.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #116 on: September 3, 2020, 09:11:38 pm »
The "its a scam" brigade really fuck me off.  However I dont think you can automatically dismiss it being man made as a CT.

You can dismiss it because there is no evidence that it's man made and plenty that it was a trans-species crossover like many before it. H1N1 flu virus was avian in origin. (H1N1)pdm09 appeared in 2009 and originated in pig herds. HIV probably crossed the species barrier from chimpanzees and so on.

Man-made viruses are fairly easy to spot as they have specific changes to a subset of genes to create a particular effect. The COVID19 virus has none of these indications and shares 96% of its genome with a bat virus.

You can't automatically dismiss it but once you do a bit of research the conspiracy theory is clearly baseless.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 3, 2020, 09:47:28 pm »
You can dismiss it because there is no evidence that it's man made and plenty that it was a trans-species crossover like many before it. H1N1 flu virus was avian in origin. (H1N1)pdm09 appeared in 2009 and originated in pig herds. HIV probably crossed the species barrier from chimpanzees and so on.

Man-made viruses are fairly easy to spot as they have specific changes to a subset of genes to create a particular effect. The COVID19 virus has none of these indications and shares 96% of its genome with a bat virus.

You can't automatically dismiss it but once you do a bit of research the conspiracy theory is clearly baseless.

Yeah, I tried to tune out the conversations as they got my temples throbbing, so I don't remember specifics, but they kept talking about what governments had to gain, and something along the lines of the danger of kids going back to school was exaggerated.

Re John Oliver, last month he did an entire episode on conspiracy theorists in general, and I believe I shared the video in here, but it has probably been taken down since then.  I looked for it on dailymotion and can't find it, but it's well worth watching.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: September 4, 2020, 01:14:49 am »
Re John Oliver, last month he did an entire episode on conspiracy theorists in general, and I believe I shared the video in here, but it has probably been taken down since then.  I looked for it on dailymotion and can't find it, but it's well worth watching.

I know that's not the video you're talking about, but it shows how easy it is to construct a CT. ;)
John Oliver explains how you get from Cadbury Creme Eggs to the Iluminati.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fNS4lecOaAc&amp;ab_channel=LastWeekTonight" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fNS4lecOaAc&amp;ab_channel=LastWeekTonight</a>

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 4, 2020, 08:42:57 am »
I know that's not the video you're talking about, but it shows how easy it is to construct a CT. ;)
John Oliver explains how you get from Cadbury Creme Eggs to the Iluminati.
Found it:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0b_eHBZLM6U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0b_eHBZLM6U</a>