Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer Series  (Read 49167 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer Series
« Reply #600 on: November 5, 2021, 09:40:04 am »
Honestly video game companies are some of the most unscrupulous companies around! Just releasing buggy, glitchy shit without a second thought and then going 'Oh yeah we know its shit, sorry about that' months later. Refusing to do any sort of meaningful work/updates on games and instead just using microtransactions to make billions of stupid people.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #601 on: November 5, 2021, 10:52:05 am »
Honestly video game companies are some of the most unscrupulous companies around! Just releasing buggy, glitchy shit without a second thought and then going 'Oh yeah we know its shit, sorry about that' months later. Refusing to do any sort of meaningful work/updates on games and instead just using microtransactions to make billions of stupid people.

The should have known the ground they were on was too shaky to begin with to get away with that shouldn't they. It might work for the huge franchises, but is a massive risk for Konami and this series.

The only question is what were they thinking?

Absurd isn't it. I'm almost glad they've announced a comprehensive postponement, rather than 'an update will be due in a fortnight' or whatever.

I know I've said it before, but they had the best game of the genre for PS2 (& era), then a nightmare on PS3, and did good work restoring their reputation on PS4. It was really important to start on this new generation with a game that - even if only solid & unspectacular - played decent & reassured those who stuck with them on PS4 after the disaster that was the early PS3 titles. Instead they've shot themselves in both feet, and need something pretty special in the next 12 months if the series is to survive more than another couple of releases.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #602 on: November 5, 2021, 12:08:05 pm »
They should bin this whole eFootball shit off, or release it as a separate game if they're desperate for their multiplayer cross-console option. They could reskin PES 2020 and make some decent tweaks to the match engine whilst revamping the menus etc and release that next year and I'd be quite happy, then pursue with this other crap game in isolation if they're hell bent on seeing it through.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #603 on: November 5, 2021, 12:37:05 pm »
They should bin this whole eFootball shit off, or release it as a separate game if they're desperate for their multiplayer cross-console option. They could reskin PES 2020 and make some decent tweaks to the match engine whilst revamping the menus etc and release that next year and I'd be quite happy, then pursue with this other crap game in isolation if they're hell bent on seeing it through.

Yeah, I mean they should just release a picture of all their developers stripped to their pants in a warehouse with the caption:

"Sorry they all got kidnapped by Yakuza, they've done no work for 2 years, we're really fucking out of this game now. Go and buy a PS2 and PES4 chaps"
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #604 on: April 14, 2022, 03:11:51 pm »
Anyone tried/trying the update?

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #605 on: April 14, 2022, 03:15:03 pm »
Anyone tried/trying the update?

:) :jester :jester

You have to be fucking kidding me? For Efootball or whatever it is called?
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: April 15, 2022, 01:52:32 am »
The entire update is aimed at their version of ‘ultimate team’

Fuck all new for offline play.

Can clearly see what the priorities are, get the market open asap and get people spending money.

Fuck Konami.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #607 on: April 15, 2022, 09:39:10 am »
Locked for the day
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #608 on: April 16, 2022, 07:58:16 am »
:) :jester :jester

You have to be fucking kidding me? For Efootball or whatever it is called?

The actual footy is pretty good now

Shame about the rest of it. And I just hate playing online, I just want master league

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #609 on: April 16, 2022, 11:45:35 am »
The actual footy is pretty good now

Shame about the rest of it. And I just hate playing online, I just want master league

Only gave it about twenty minutes, as I was short on time, but I thought much the same - it seemed very promising 'on the pitch'.

Game content is horrendous though - they've so much work to do to meet any sort of acceptable standard (and I don't actually know why modes comparable to previous versions aren't available...) and the reputational damage is probably already very close to irreparable.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: April 17, 2022, 10:41:16 am »
Yeah, I wonder if they're actually planning to like "go live" in August or thereabouts for the new season, and that's the real launch

Doing it this way has tanked their reputation. I don't see why they couldn't do the network test thing (if they even needed to do that) then go silent. Shrug.

If we end up with a great game out of all this it will be welcome to me but they'll have nobody else to blame if it doesn't take off

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: August 1, 2022, 11:05:41 pm »
I played a match of this online today

Liverpool vs (of course some rando online would be) PSG

Won 2:1

Enjoyed it. Put the alternate controls on which are FIFA's. Laggy

It's okay. Coming along a bit. Still feels like a regression, but I see where they're going. So many must-do things missing though, the actual play is... spotty. You can't go from the last PES to this, it's still a shambles in comparison

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: August 2, 2022, 05:52:44 am »
Yeah, not surprising to be honest.  That said, I'm still enjoying the fuck out of last years game, having now modded it for the 22-23 season, so I'm not in any rush for them to get the new one right.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #613 on: August 2, 2022, 12:58:25 pm »
Yeah, not surprising to be honest.  That said, I'm still enjoying the fuck out of last years game, having now modded it for the 22-23 season, so I'm not in any rush for them to get the new one right.

I saw modded versions on the PC and it looked amazing. Tried to buy it but it isn't available anywhere anymore so had to get a torrent. Apparently it has problems when you try to mod a cracked version but going to try anyway.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: October 30, 2022, 02:06:17 pm »
Got bored of FIFA and bought the last digitally available PES for Xbox, which is 2020. Haven’t played a PES game in 10 years or so. Started a Master League full of ambition and expectation and boy oh boy do I have some unlearning to do.

First of all, this game, even three years old is miles closer to football than even the latest FIFA is. Pace, tactics, momentum, importance of stamina, build up play - all great. But it’s a struggle to learn it, especially as a full manual player - because in PES even manual settings with manual button pressed is still half-random and decided by the computer. Especially delicate through balls, chips and short passes. Also player runs are insanely clunky - I simply don’t use them. By the time I press a button and mark a player with right stick - I’m disposessed.

Such a shame Konami lost their way, this game has so much promise and so many good aspects. It’s highly addictive too. I can play a string of tough 0-0 draws and be exceptionally entertained. Just because it feels like football. Get cocky, you get punished. Waste energy, you feel the loss. Or sometimes do everything right and still lose. Just like football. Very organic and unpredictable.