Author Topic: Serie A  (Read 314596 times)

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Serie A 17/18
« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2017, 09:29:41 am »
Can't stop watching that Mertens touch for the second goal v Genoa, even one matchday later. Second only to Bergkamp v Argentina in how exquisite, straight into his stride it was. One of the moments of the season.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #161 on: November 5, 2017, 02:47:51 pm »

Juventus losing at home 1-0 to Benevento half-time.

Lazio vs Udinese delayed due to a waterlogged pitch, Chievo 0-0 Napoli half-time.

https://www.flashscores.co.uk/football/italy/serie-a/
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: November 5, 2017, 03:05:41 pm »
If Juve lose, Napoli need to win this to give them seperation. Perfect opportunity

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2017, 11:54:32 pm »

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2017, 03:07:08 pm »
Don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but Italian football is really starting to change. Despite always loving the tactical elements of Italian football, even I had to admit that it was a tough watch for a neutral - so many stops, lots of play-acting and relatively rare glimpses of flair. But the last couple of seasons quite a few teams are really starting to play much more fluidly. Watched Napoli vc Milan last night and it was just like watching a PL match. Napoli gegenpressing the bejeebers out of Milan in the 1st half, getting a 2 goal lead, then Milan actually opening the game up to try to get back into it. Great game.

The only real exceptions have been the last few Juve games I've watched. Let's hope Napoli can keep this form going, they're well worth Lo Scudetto surely.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2017, 03:33:28 pm »
I def noticed that, there are tons of goals scored. What I don't like about watching Italian football is the shite atmosphere, the half empty archaic stadiums [bar an exception here and there].

sampdoria are doing Juve in, 2-0. Huge opportunity for Napoli. However about two seasons ago, Juve had a horrible start, they were 11,12 points a drift from 1st place and they still end up winning the league.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2017, 03:39:41 pm »
3-o for Sampdoria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2017, 03:55:32 pm »
Mad ending to the game, Juve pull two goals back in the last 3 minutes

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2017, 06:08:35 pm »
I def noticed that, there are tons of goals scored. What I don't like about watching Italian football is the shite atmosphere, the half empty archaic stadiums [bar an exception here and there].
the half empty stadiums are largely because of the id for tickets, if your name is against the ticket only you can get in and you need passport/Id card to get in and loads can’t be arsed

Don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but Italian football is really starting to change. Despite always loving the tactical elements of Italian football, even I had to admit that it was a tough watch for a neutral - so many stops, lots of play-acting and relatively rare glimpses of flair. But the last couple of seasons quite a few teams are really starting to play much more fluidly. Watched Napoli vc Milan last night and it was just like watching a PL match. Napoli gegenpressing the bejeebers out of Milan in the 1st half, getting a 2 goal lead, then Milan actually opening the game up to try to get back into it. Great game.

The only real exceptions have been the last few Juve games I've watched. Let's hope Napoli can keep this form going, they're well worth Lo Scudetto surely.
only other major league bar England where you’ve got more than 2/3 good teams that are worth watching

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2017, 10:14:00 pm »
the half empty stadiums are largely because of the id for tickets, if your name is against the ticket only you can get in and you need passport/Id card to get in and loads can’t be arsed
only other major league bar England where you’ve got more than 2/3 good teams that are worth watching

Yeah, even Lazio starting to look a proper team with a certain Brazilian bossing their midfield. And Felipe Anderson hasn't even returned from injury yet. I'm surprised Roma are doing this well as well, given their summer. I don't expect it to last. Think it will turn into a 2-horse race by Feb, with Juve and Napoli pulling clear, but for now, a really interesting contest. It's not quite like the prem where any team can beat any other, but like you say, quite a few quality teams now starting to compete and midtable teams like Samp can take a 3-0 lead over the last 6 years champions. Fingers crossed Juve don't make it 7, as they really do play boring football. They've just been so good defensively.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2017, 10:29:44 pm »
Yeah, even Lazio starting to look a proper team with a certain Brazilian bossing their midfield. And Felipe Anderson hasn't even returned from injury yet. I'm surprised Roma are doing this well as well, given their summer. I don't expect it to last. Think it will turn into a 2-horse race by Feb, with Juve and Napoli pulling clear, but for now, a really interesting contest. It's not quite like the prem where any team can beat any other, but like you say, quite a few quality teams now starting to compete and midtable teams like Samp can take a 3-0 lead over the last 6 years champions. Fingers crossed Juve don't make it 7, as they really do play boring football. They've just been so good defensively.

inter are in the race as well, and I expect that will remain until the end of the year. They've won tonight, they're 2nd.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2017, 06:55:09 pm »
inter are in the race as well, and I expect that will remain until the end of the year. They've won tonight, they're 2nd.

I've not seen a single Inter game this season - what's going right for them at the mo?

They looked abysmal in the 2-3 games I saw of them last season, so, purely on that, I'm sceptical they can keep it going. They look pretty average on paper as well. Skriniar a good signing tho. Perisic and Icardi are very effective players.

Is Icardi the Argentinian Kane? Never looks like a particularly outstanding player, but has fantastic numbers and just does the basics well.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2017, 07:02:14 pm »
I've not seen a single Inter game this season - what's going right for them at the mo?

They looked abysmal in the 2-3 games I saw of them last season, so, purely on that, I'm sceptical they can keep it going. They look pretty average on paper as well. Skriniar a good signing tho. Perisic and Icardi are very effective players.

Is Icardi the Argentinian Kane? Never looks like a particularly outstanding player, but has fantastic numbers and just does the basics well.

Borja Valero is a very good mifldfielder, Brozovic and Candreva ar3 decent as well. They are organized, they dont concede many goals, theyve conceded 9, which is fewer than Juve. Along with Napoli they havent lost a game.

Spaletti has a huge tendency to finish 2nd.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #173 on: November 26, 2017, 06:53:48 pm »
Lazio following Rome in letting their 1-0 lead go having bossed the game. 1-1 following a Babacar pen last few seconds.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #174 on: November 26, 2017, 09:25:21 pm »
Weren't big things expected of AC Milan this season? They're just as shit as they have been for the last 4-5 years. They're actually closer to 18th in terms of points than they are to 4th.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: November 26, 2017, 09:33:14 pm »
Weren't big things expected of AC Milan this season? They're just as shit as they have been for the last 4-5 years. They're actually closer to 18th in terms of points than they are to 4th.

Mad how Ricardo Rodriguez ended up with them for €15 million. Wasn't long ago people touted him as one of the finest Left backs around.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2017, 06:30:42 am »
Lazio following Rome in letting their 1-0 lead go having bossed the game. 1-1 following a Babacar pen last few seconds.

I'm a convert with this video review process that's been implemented in places like Germany & Italy. Wankers like De Rossi would have got away with that shit last year. Now they look like fools for doing it and idiots for protesting their innocence.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #177 on: November 27, 2017, 10:30:36 am »
Montella sacked, Gattuso takes over. Take a look at the teams the latter has managed. He's a fucking disaster. They're downgrading.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #178 on: November 27, 2017, 12:36:46 pm »
Montella sacked, Gattuso takes over. Take a look at the teams the latter has managed. He's a fucking disaster. They're downgrading.

Very surprised by that. Gattuso must be there because of name recognition only.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: November 27, 2017, 01:39:03 pm »
Very surprised by that. Gattuso must be there because of name recognition only.

Pretty much. His managerial career so far has been lackluster at best, although his relegation with Pisa last year shouldn't be judged too harshly, as the club was in administration for the entire season. He had won promotion from the third to the second division from them the year before, so he has had some kind of success.

He's been promoted from the Primavera (youth team) after just 10 games in charge, so it's difficult to know what kind of impact he had there. Anyway, it wouldn't surprise me if he's just a caretaker option. Unlikely that he's staying for the whole year, IMO.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #180 on: November 27, 2017, 08:23:20 pm »
What is it with Milan and appointing former players with next to no experience? I wonder which former player will come in after Gattuso.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2017, 01:13:10 am »
They could have got Nesta who had a stint with Miami FC in the NASL and he'd probably have been a better choice than Rino Gattuso.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2017, 08:00:19 am »
What is it with Milan and appointing former players with next to no experience? I wonder which former player will come in after Gattuso.

Easiest way to get the fans on the side of the manager is to appoint a club legend.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2017, 10:50:46 am »
Isn't milans financial situation a bit fucked as well? Probably the cheapest option.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2017, 04:18:22 pm »
Serie C team Pordenone just beat Cagliari and now in quarter finals of Coppa Italia.
They won against Venezia and Lecce before. They will face Inter Milan next.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2017, 04:20:12 pm »
What is Paolo Maldini doing these days? Always thought he would be a brilliant manager.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2017, 04:34:20 pm »
What is Paolo Maldini doing these days? Always thought he would be a brilliant manager.

Was playing doubles on the ATP Challenger Tour not too long ago ;D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40424320

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: December 1, 2017, 05:29:22 pm »
Gattuso is an entertaining fucker, hope he does well, we need characters like him in football

https://twitter.com/WhatGattusoMad/status/936634913289375745

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 1, 2017, 07:13:54 pm »
biggest clash of Serie A, Napoli vs Juve in 30 mins. Knowing Napoli bottles big matches, i think Juve will not lose tonight.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: December 1, 2017, 07:52:53 pm »
Huge game this, A draw would be a good result for juve.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 1, 2017, 08:01:39 pm »
Bottler.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #191 on: December 1, 2017, 09:16:55 pm »
Fantastic save by Reina.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #192 on: December 1, 2017, 09:16:55 pm »
What a save Pepe! Great to see him playing well again.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: December 1, 2017, 09:18:22 pm »
Would've been a better game if Napoli scored first.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: December 1, 2017, 09:42:16 pm »
Really good from Juventus in the second half. Not great for the neutral but the way they kept ushering Napoli out wide was quite something. Napoli's attacking players were never going to dominate in the air, so they knew they could deal with crosses all day. I can't remember Buffon having a decent save to make in that half.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: December 1, 2017, 09:44:03 pm »
Never count Juve out, still think they have the quality to win another league & cup double.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: December 1, 2017, 09:52:13 pm »
Massive loss for Napoli, massive win for Juve and massive chance for Inter to leapfrog them both now

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: December 1, 2017, 10:02:35 pm »
Never count Juve out, still think they have the quality to win another league & cup double.

A double for Juve at this period in time means nothing though mate, They've dominated the league for a while. 

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #198 on: December 1, 2017, 10:05:27 pm »
Napoli defended poorly on a counter attack which saw Higuain score jsut before 20 mins. The next 70 was just Napoli passing it around the box and aimlessly crossing it in because they couldn't really penetrate the defence. Not the best viewing to be honest!

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #199 on: December 1, 2017, 10:08:57 pm »
... Not the best viewing to be honest!
It definitely wasn't. On the other hand, you just have to admire a well-drilled defence.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953