Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 208734 times)

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #1841 on: October 22, 2021, 02:17:36 pm »
https://store.rockstargames.com/en/game/buy-grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition

£55.

no ta. not for that price.

Absolutely

Who even cares about GTA 3?

I'd like to play through Vice City again, but unless it's drastically revamped (and not just slightly glossed over and a change in the controls) I'm not arsed. Especially not for that price.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1843 on: October 22, 2021, 02:24:15 pm »
San Andreas is coming to Game Pass day one and 3 to PS Now, apparently.
AHA!

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1844 on: October 22, 2021, 02:27:34 pm »
Absolutely

Who even cares about GTA 3?

I'd like to play through Vice City again, but unless it's drastically revamped (and not just slightly glossed over and a change in the controls) I'm not arsed. Especially not for that price.

What do you mean who cares about GTA3? Shit is fucking classic, all classics in there own right but GTA3 was the first 3d.sandbox GTA, legendary.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1845 on: October 22, 2021, 02:27:50 pm »
It took some time for rdr2 to become 'free' but it did happen, so I'd imagine the same will with this. Though I'd consider paying £20 for it. Maybe.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1846 on: October 22, 2021, 02:29:13 pm »
When did RDR2 become free?

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1847 on: October 22, 2021, 02:31:42 pm »
https://store.rockstargames.com/en/game/buy-grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition

£55.

no ta. not for that price.

Why does it say "Xbox One / Series X", while separating PS4 and PS5? Hope they're not giving Series X-players the Xbox One-version!  :wanker
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1848 on: October 22, 2021, 02:33:43 pm »
Why does it say "Xbox One / Series X", while separating PS4 and PS5? Hope they're not giving Series X-players the Xbox One-version!  :wanker

Fuck knows.

When did RDR2 become free?

It appeared on certain sites for download some time ago.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1849 on: October 22, 2021, 02:40:02 pm »
£55 to replay some of mu favourite games again is a no brainer for me.

I accept it's not for everyone but III, San Andreas and Vice City are 3 of the best games made IMO and I can't wait to play them again.  They look now how I remember them.

Hope the soundtracks haven't been fucked about with too much.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1850 on: October 22, 2021, 02:59:02 pm »
Well Im not up for paying £55 for some games I already own, just because theyve had the decorators in. It is still the same games.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1851 on: October 22, 2021, 03:02:53 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/D71cBUeAL58" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/D71cBUeAL58</a>
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1852 on: October 22, 2021, 03:04:45 pm »
Well Im not up for paying £55 for some games I already own, just because theyve had the decorators in. It is still the same games.

They are the same, barring bells and whistles, I fully understand some saying ‘fuck this’ but I love the games and I’ll be buying them.  Maybe Im a sucker.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1853 on: October 22, 2021, 03:07:14 pm »

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy-the-definitive-edition/9mxmjfnzmvwd

Optimized for Series X/S
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1854 on: October 22, 2021, 03:14:59 pm »
I probably will get them down the line because it’s been years since I played the originals.

I’ve been looking to play GTA and GTA 2 though and they aren’t on Steam, any ideas how I can play them?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1855 on: October 22, 2021, 03:32:38 pm »
I probably will get them down the line because it’s been years since I played the originals.

I’ve been looking to play GTA and GTA 2 though and they aren’t on Steam, any ideas how I can play them?
I played GTA on my Nvidia shield using retroarch not too long back. Much harder than I remember though, crashed into everything and got lost so damn much. You can grab the roms off various sites.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1856 on: October 22, 2021, 03:43:22 pm »
I played GTA on my Nvidia shield using retroarch not too long back. Much harder than I remember though, crashed into everything and got lost so damn much. You can grab the roms off various sites.

I’ve been Googling it but to no success, I’ll keep on looking. It’s mad they aren’t just on Steam though or even Rockstars own website.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1857 on: October 22, 2021, 07:23:22 pm »

Nah, the old games, I've tried - controls unplayable, just godawful. The targeting sucks.

That is fixed in these remasters. And they look good enough.

3 x fully playable classic open world games with modern (Well, GTAV) controls and targeting = yes please

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1858 on: October 23, 2021, 04:25:06 am »
What do you mean who cares about GTA3? Shit is fucking classic, all classics in there own right but GTA3 was the first 3d.sandbox GTA, legendary.

Fair enough. For me it's the least joyful, least replayable and most forgettable.

Everything about it that was groundbreaking and good was much better on vice city and san andreas.

Working on the assumption the remasters were good, which doesn't necessarily look a safe bet, i'd jump at vice city and run through it til I completed it. then i'd play the much vaster san andreas. can't imagine i'd have any urge to turn on gta3.

what's gta3 got going for it over the others? i'll hve played better rehashed versions of all the missions on the other two better games. the only thing i can think of is the soundtrack, but they could make some gta3 radio sttions for the other games and i'd be happy.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1859 on: October 23, 2021, 08:38:37 am »
Fair enough. For me it's the least joyful, least replayable and most forgettable.

Everything about it that was groundbreaking and good was much better on vice city and san andreas.

Working on the assumption the remasters were good, which doesn't necessarily look a safe bet, i'd jump at vice city and run through it til I completed it. then i'd play the much vaster san andreas. can't imagine i'd have any urge to turn on gta3.

what's gta3 got going for it over the others? i'll hve played better rehashed versions of all the missions on the other two better games. the only thing i can think of is the soundtrack, but they could make some gta3 radio sttions for the other games and i'd be happy.

I don't disagree the subsequent releases improved over GTA3 but the GTA games in general over the years have become more comical and over the top. GTA 3 for me felt darker and grittier, even the map is burned into my brain, it's a little tighter. Mostly though it is the nostalgia trips, wether it's the Radio Stations or robbing your first banshee. I liked the story, it just felt more grounded than what came after.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1860 on: October 23, 2021, 10:33:38 am »
Really enjoying Hades.

Think I have done about 10 runs now.  Beat Meg once.
Really interesting concept and feel it it has so much depth, but something you can jump in and out of for half hour too.

You have SO much ahead of you. Enjoy! Hades will go down as one of the all-time greats.

It's absolutely brilliant.

I've 'finished' it but there's still new stuff I'm finding out.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1861 on: October 23, 2021, 12:27:39 pm »

No idea. There was a time where Rockstar provided GTA2 for free on their homepage but we’re talking at least fifteen years ago here. It was a blast to play against mates on a local network

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1862 on: October 23, 2021, 05:40:55 pm »
No idea. There was a time where Rockstar provided GTA2 for free on their homepage but we’re talking at least fifteen years ago here. It was a blast to play against mates on a local network

Great memories for me, coming home from school and playing 'GTA 2' and 'GTA: London' with my mates. Throw in some 'Red Alert 2' and 'Heroes of Might and Magic II' as well  ;D
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1863 on: October 23, 2021, 05:43:24 pm »
GTA 2 was an odd game looking back at it. The odd gangs, 'zaibatsu' and all.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1864 on: October 23, 2021, 06:03:28 pm »
Going through The Last Of Us remaster.

I'm not falling in love with it like I expected to.

Sure I can see the bond developing between the two protagonists, but I think the gameplay has got pretty dated. I'll see it through but I'm hoping TLOU2 is a lot more ... technical?
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #1865 on: October 26, 2021, 11:00:13 pm »
Had a couple of hours with Darkest Dungeon 2. They've done a good job of carrying the over same sort of vibe and feel from the original game. The combat animations are certainly really nicely done, and the art style works so well. Not a huge fan of the conceit behind the game of moving your wagon along, I did prefer the hub you built up over time, it felt punishing while also always giving you a way to climb back out of a hole. It's obviously Early Access still so a lot of work on tuning it is also needed - I suspect their beta testers were far, far too on top of the original game and it plays like that with some of the early random encounters and the speed at which stress snowballs. Loads of stuff there for them to build on and the character relationships could turn out to be pretty neat. One wish is for them to have a UI which isn't so obviously designed for a controller. I want to click on stuff for it to happen, not have to hold a mouse button down for 5 seconds first. D:
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1866 on: October 27, 2021, 12:06:00 am »
I want to click on stuff for it to happen, not have to hold a mouse button down for 5 seconds first. D:

I have to say that is my biggest pet peeve in gaming. I hate it when an interface has that. I kind of get it on consoles with not many buttons and some games having different actions in different situations depending on whether you just press the button or whether you hold it, but there's no reason to have shite like that on PC (and most of the time, it's pointless on consoles as well). If there's a door I can open, I want to open it with a click and not holding down a button. It's even worse when they have you pick up loot by holding down a button. Didn't Red Dead Redemption 2 do that? I absolutely hate that...

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #1867 on: October 27, 2021, 08:33:12 am »
I have to say that is my biggest pet peeve in gaming. I hate it when an interface has that. I kind of get it on consoles with not many buttons and some games having different actions in different situations depending on whether you just press the button or whether you hold it, but there's no reason to have shite like that on PC (and most of the time, it's pointless on consoles as well). If there's a door I can open, I want to open it with a click and not holding down a button. It's even worse when they have you pick up loot by holding down a button. Didn't Red Dead Redemption 2 do that? I absolutely hate that...

I can kind of live with it for ports from console but for games launching on PC it makes me a bit grumpier than it should. In Darkest Dungeon 2 every random encounter has a decision on how/if to do it and you have to hold the button down. It quickly gets a bit 'why are you even making me do this?' as the random encounters and choices repeat so frequently currently. It's not even as if it's something which will help on console as you say as there's nothing else you could be clicking either. But I suppose Early Access is just that and hopefully feedback will help prod them in a different direction on it. The other part of it is just how large the UI is, that Fisher Price feel, because they're aiming for someone playing the other side of a room on a big telly. Need to check whether that can be resized though. I'm getting old so maybe I shouldn't complain too much. Make it bigger, I've lost my reading glasses...
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1868 on: November 1, 2021, 08:47:32 am »
Guardians of the Galaxy. Its a good fun honest game. Buggy in places but the dialogue is fun.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1869 on: November 2, 2021, 07:02:54 pm »
Finished HZD (fantastic) so I'm onto my next epic open-world adventure.

AC: Odyssey, first Assassin's Creed I've ever played and have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. Really beautiful world and wow, it's vast. I'm well into the Ancient Greece stuff so it's great to see it brought to life like this. Mercenary system is a laugh, combat is interesting enough, feels weighty and there's some fun abilities. Trying to ignore the bollocks when you get pulled out and it shows you're actually in the future/present day using the character as an avatar. Something about Leonidas's spear. Just pretending I am actually a misthios on an adventure. Think I made a mistake picking Alexios rather than Kassandra though, he's really wooden. Read a bit since and it seems like you're "supposed" to play as Kassandra.

Bit overwhelmed though, get absolutely bombarded with quests every time I move so I'm still figuring out which side-quests I should ignore, the auto-generated ones - all of the Bounties/Contracts? Or just some of them? And to just do the unique ones.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2021, 07:05:10 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1870 on: November 3, 2021, 09:26:25 am »
I'm loving GotG. Its a good laugh.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1871 on: November 3, 2021, 02:07:36 pm »
Finished HZD (fantastic) so I'm onto my next epic open-world adventure.

AC: Odyssey, first Assassin's Creed I've ever played and have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. Really beautiful world and wow, it's vast. I'm well into the Ancient Greece stuff so it's great to see it brought to life like this. Mercenary system is a laugh, combat is interesting enough, feels weighty and there's some fun abilities. Trying to ignore the bollocks when you get pulled out and it shows you're actually in the future/present day using the character as an avatar. Something about Leonidas's spear. Just pretending I am actually a misthios on an adventure. Think I made a mistake picking Alexios rather than Kassandra though, he's really wooden. Read a bit since and it seems like you're "supposed" to play as Kassandra.

Bit overwhelmed though, get absolutely bombarded with quests every time I move so I'm still figuring out which side-quests I should ignore, the auto-generated ones - all of the Bounties/Contracts? Or just some of them? And to just do the unique ones.

I made the same (horrible) choice in having Alexios as the main protagonist.  He's the worst voice actor in the entire series and fucking awful to the point where I used to intentionally throw him off cliffs and the like.  The voice actress playing Kassandra is not that great either though in all honesty. 

The animus (modern day stuff has been a bone of contention for a long time in the series, with the majority of fans wanting it binned.  Ubisoft keep persisting with it though, because they're Ubisoft.   It's there less in Valhalla, which is a far better game in general.  The whole animus/lore thing on the whole is both complicated and convoluted, but the very short version of the anumus itself is that it's the modern day character accessing the memories of the main protagonist (in your case, Alexios).  You won't understand some things in the game without watching some vids or whatever on the lore.  Is it worth doing so?  Nah, not really.

I wouldn't worry about the auto-generated, bounty board type bollocks.  You can level up easily enough doing the 'normal' side quests and main story line and it's a loooong game even without the auto/bounty stuff.  They are really just the equivalent of Skyrim's 'collect 20 flowers' type of filler quest.  Not worth the bother.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #1872 on: November 3, 2021, 04:44:09 pm »
really got hooked on Hades recently.

just bought Eastward too. I was sold on the zelda meets last of us vibes

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1873 on: November 3, 2021, 11:13:34 pm »
really got hooked on Hades recently.

just bought Eastward too. I was sold on the zelda meets last of us vibes

Was tempted by Eastward, let me know what you think!

Offline freedomtrail

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1874 on: November 7, 2021, 01:42:12 am »
Had so much fun playing Dying Light. I even bought the DLC The Following only to accidentally delete my save. Will now have to start again completely, as to play the DLC you have to have finished the main game  >:(

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1875 on: November 8, 2021, 08:08:15 am »
Had so much fun playing Dying Light. I even bought the DLC The Following only to accidentally delete my save. Will now have to start again completely, as to play the DLC you have to have finished the main game  >:(

Yeah, Dying Light is boss.  Really immersive (especially with no HUD) and great fun overall.  The Following is a great DLC which I'm sure you'll enjoy if you liked the main game. You don't have to have played the main campaign to play the following iirc.  You just select it from the play menu at the main screen. 

I'm thinking of having another run through myself and can't wait for the new one to come out.  Oh, and welcome to RAWK.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2021, 08:16:00 am by Darren G »

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1876 on: November 8, 2021, 08:15:28 am »
I have interest in forza horizon 5 and (depending on reviews) the gta trilogy in the next couple of weeks.

but no interest in paying full price for either obviously.

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #1877 on: November 8, 2021, 11:24:48 am »
I have interest in forza horizon 5 and (depending on reviews) the gta trilogy in the next couple of weeks.

but no interest in paying full price for either obviously.
Fh5 and GTA San Andreas will be on Gamepass, so you could just sub for a month to play them, if you aren’t already.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1878 on: November 8, 2021, 12:06:49 pm »
I dipped back into Enlisted. The updates seem to have made it more playable. I like the unit upgrade & campaign system. The maps are excellent too.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1879 on: November 9, 2021, 11:05:32 am »
Day off, Forza 5. Sorted.