Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 210695 times)

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #1800 on: October 16, 2021, 08:12:05 pm »
Always loved the single player part of GTA, if the remasters are even remotely well done I'll be playing the hell out of them.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1801 on: October 16, 2021, 08:13:29 pm »
I hope they don’t lose too many of the songs on the radio stations from the originals.

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1802 on: October 16, 2021, 08:30:36 pm »
Hope people don't confuse GTA-style controls with GTA-style graphics and have wild expectations

Why would they ? Its self explanatory.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1803 on: October 16, 2021, 08:34:11 pm »
I hope they don’t lose too many of the songs on the radio stations from the originals.

they're making money hand over fist, why would they not make sure everything was included in these "definitive" versions?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1804 on: October 17, 2021, 12:46:31 pm »

Vice City had the best soundtrack

Dance hall days and Fascination, both absolute tunes.

Started The Last of Us remaster the other night, slow start but everyone bangs on about it so I'll stick with it.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1805 on: October 17, 2021, 01:51:01 pm »

they're making money hand over fist, why would they not make sure everything was included in these "definitive" versions?

Licensing? Hopefully they do include everything as you say.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1806 on: October 17, 2021, 02:00:46 pm »

they can definitely afford it.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1807 on: October 17, 2021, 02:02:14 pm »

The making money thing could go either way for this. They might think getting the licenses renewed or whatever might have to be done is worth it, because they have shitloads of money and want to give players the best retro-experience. Or they could just not give a fuck, because it'll cost them and they make shitloads of money anyway and people will still buy the remasters. I would imagine that the first outcome is more likely, but you never know...

As for myself, I'm playing New World and I'm a bit split in my opinion of it. It is kind of bland as an MMORPG, but at the same time it is weirdly fascinating and gripping. I'm at level 33 (of 60 max) and still going and leveling my character and crafting skills. Will be interesting to see what happens at level 60. Not really a big fan of MMORPGs anyway, but did play a bit of WoW and Guild Wars 2.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1808 on: October 18, 2021, 10:31:50 am »
Took advantage of some good deals in the PS Store sale last night ;D

Bought AC Origins, GTA V, Control, Hitman GOTY Edition and Pedestrian for about £50. Plenty to work through there...

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1809 on: October 18, 2021, 10:35:45 am »
Took advantage of some good deals in the PS Store sale last night ;D

Bought AC Origins, GTA V, Control, Hitman GOTY Edition and Pedestrian for about £50. Plenty to work through there...

Hitman GOTY is only £8.99 on Xbox, 100% recommend it, fantastic game.  The trilogy actually gets better as it goes on.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1810 on: October 18, 2021, 11:07:52 am »
Hitman GOTY is only £8.99 on Xbox, 100% recommend it, fantastic game.  The trilogy actually gets better as it goes on.

Yeah was about £9.99 in the sale in the PS Store. Someone else raved about Hitman 3 so thought I'd play my way through them. HAven't played a Hitman game since about 2003 ;D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1811 on: October 18, 2021, 12:00:27 pm »
Still Farming Simulator 19

Gibbed the contracts now that I have a bit of land. I'm out and about most days with my trusty chainsaw, my MAN flatbed and trailer and my Stump remover (Needs a tractor that) and clearing space for new fields that I'm ploughing by killing every tree going

Have also massively slowed myself down with Terraforming. Do it very, very, very slowly and you get good results - rush anything and you end up with a Salvador Dali nightmare landscape that a goat with a jetpack couldn't even get up
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1812 on: October 18, 2021, 12:11:42 pm »
Halo 2 via the MCC. Much better than the first game which obviously dated with poor level design etc.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1813 on: October 18, 2021, 12:27:47 pm »
Still Farming Simulator 19

Gibbed the contracts now that I have a bit of land. I'm out and about most days with my trusty chainsaw, my MAN flatbed and trailer and my Stump remover (Needs a tractor that) and clearing space for new fields that I'm ploughing by killing every tree going

Have also massively slowed myself down with Terraforming. Do it very, very, very slowly and you get good results - rush anything and you end up with a Salvador Dali nightmare landscape that a goat with a jetpack couldn't even get up

How do you do your loading? Manually or auto-load? I would love it, if the new one would make the whole picking up logs and pallets less fiddly, especially with productions now being part of the base game...

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1814 on: October 18, 2021, 12:36:23 pm »
Sounds incredibly dull but Farming Sim is still a very entertaining game, cannot wait for 22 to drop next month and is a rare pre order.

Other than that had a few hours in New World. It is a decent start for Amazon here, really nice crafting and profession system. ARPG combat is still a bit stiff and could be more fluid but is alright. Grindy quests as seen in every MMO ever, check! Worth a punt, especially as there is no monthly sub required.
- all in my opinion of course -

Online Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1815 on: October 18, 2021, 03:08:35 pm »
In story telling it's much more like Pyre, where you unlock different little stories as you go along and they all add up into the larger one, but instead of the basketball games it's hack and slash runs through a randomly generated set of dungeon rooms. It plays a bit like Bastion in that sense but there's different weapons to try and a lot more depth to how you can build with the randomness of the roguelite being much more part of it too. Transformer plays very differently with the mix of planning phase and real time.

I picked it up today, so am looking forward to trying it out.  Traded some games in, it was £22 in CEX

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1816 on: October 18, 2021, 03:11:42 pm »
How do you do your loading? Manually or auto-load? I would love it, if the new one would make the whole picking up logs and pallets less fiddly, especially with productions now being part of the base game...

Jump off my flatbed, go at it with chainsaw and load it all on (if nowhere near my chippy) then load it all off near the chippy until I can be arsed chipping it

IF kind of near the chippy then I fell the tree and use my combine harvester to push the tree next to the chippy then have at it when I can be arsed

I tried the tree-picker-upper but it's shite - try and pick more than a big log up and the fucking thing tips up. Not to mention picking the bastard things up is harder than winning a grab the fucker in an an arcade with a grabby hand it takes 20 times longer than just picking it up and chucking it in the back of a wagon :D

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #1817 on: October 18, 2021, 03:32:19 pm »
I picked it up today, so am looking forward to trying it out.  Traded some games in, it was £22 in CEX

Hope you enjoy it. I'm tempted to start again at some point although my pleasure doing the first few runs through opening and discovering things can't ever be redone.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1818 on: October 18, 2021, 03:36:51 pm »
Farming simulator sounds like you should be paid to have to play it.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1819 on: October 18, 2021, 03:41:55 pm »
Yeah was about £9.99 in the sale in the PS Store. Someone else raved about Hitman 3 so thought I'd play my way through them. HAven't played a Hitman game since about 2003 ;D

If you own Hitman 1, you can buy the free Hitman 2 starter pack and play all of the hitman 1 levels with updated graphics e.t.c  Same with Hitman 2 to Hitman 3.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 03:52:42 pm by Walshy nMe® »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1820 on: October 18, 2021, 05:04:58 pm »
Farming simulator sounds like you should be paid to have to play it.

Yeah it sounds like it should be terrible, but it's very relaxing - even when chipping and chopping down trees and it's like a micro-management game that you can set up completely so you can delegate everything.

There are so many free patches and mods that change the game and so much to do that you can choose to do nothing or everything. You can build your farm and do contracts for others and use hundreds of things to do it the way you want and on top of that there are hundreds of user-made maps that completely change the game.

There are areas I haven't even begun to touch and I've played around 50+ hours

It's great, but if I said why you'd say "That sounds shite" because it does :D

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1821 on: October 19, 2021, 01:16:25 am »
Yeah, Farming Simulator is weirdly fascinating and addictive. It works in the base game already, but it's even better with all those mods that are available. As Andy has said you get tons of different ones and they all can completely change the game. There's one called "Nordfriesische Marsch" which has huge fields and tons of different productions and production chains and if you play that, you basically need other mods that allow you to automate your machinery, so that you have two harvesters working on a field automatically with a truck or a tractor (or multiple vehicles) unloading them and bringing the harvest to the silo at your farm. Then you also have to have tractors plowing, fertilizing or sowing fields or you have trucks bringing stuff to factories and the finished products to a selling station. If you play the game on a map like that (and with those mods that let you automate stuff) you're almost running it as a manager just making sure everything's working and every job is being done.

Then you have maps like "Hof Bergmann" which are basically the complete opposite. You have small field and are doing everything yourself (I usually have helpers doing the field work), but then you also have to do stuff like getting the milk from the cow-shed to another building on your farm to make cheese or butter. Or you can bring the wheat from your field to the mill and then use the flour to bake your own bread which you then can sell in a shop in town or even your own little shop on your farm.

The base game is good, but all those mods (that will only come out months after the game has been released) add so much depth. In the new edition that's being released in November I think they have seasons and some production chains. Both things weren't in the base game in the current or older versions, but have been implemented by modders. I think the guy who did the seasons mod is actually working for Giants Software now, so they can now implement that in the base game...

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1822 on: October 19, 2021, 08:53:51 am »
Im playing stellaris atm. I launched my major invasion of the last remaining ancient civ last evening and made a firm beachead. Took their megaconstructions including their megashipyard and am now mopping up. Blighters keep feinting here and there, but I have enough in reserve and my planning stages created wormholes where i most need them to defend at the back of my own territory. I will spread my egalitarian democracy far and wide. Power To The People!
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1823 on: October 20, 2021, 09:34:01 am »
Have stopped for a wee bit basically

Waiting for Footie Manager 22

Also the GTA Remastered Trilogy

Have been playing Miles Morales a bit before this week tho and  it's a fine game. Love the Ray tracing Performance mode. Ray tracing @ 60fps is what I bought a PS5 for

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1824 on: October 20, 2021, 10:13:07 am »
Im playing stellaris atm. I launched my major invasion of the last remaining ancient civ last evening and made a firm beachead. Took their megaconstructions including their megashipyard and am now mopping up. Blighters keep feinting here and there, but I have enough in reserve and my planning stages created wormholes where i most need them to defend at the back of my own territory. I will spread my egalitarian democracy far and wide. Power To The People!

At least until the end game where you realise your military isn't strong enough and you get wiped out by the end game 'crisis'

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1825 on: October 20, 2021, 10:51:25 am »
Have stopped for a wee bit basically

Waiting for Footie Manager 22

Also the GTA Remastered Trilogy

Have been playing Miles Morales a bit before this week tho and  it's a fine game. Love the Ray tracing Performance mode. Ray tracing @ 60fps is what I bought a PS5 for

The remastered Spider-Man is quite good too
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1826 on: October 20, 2021, 12:09:44 pm »
At least until the end game where you realise your military isn't strong enough and you get wiped out by the end game 'crisis'

Actually, I twatted them. The unbidden got a good kick up de arse and then I went and took all the other fallen empires. I finished the last and biggest one last night. Sneaky bugger they were too. Ive currently 18 fleets of 250 and <200K power each and 6 troop fleets of 20k power. I'm unstoppable. (Famous last words)

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1827 on: October 20, 2021, 12:14:44 pm »
Actually, I twatted them. The unbidden got a good kick up de arse and then I went and took all the other fallen empires. I finished the last and biggest one last night. Sneaky bugger they were too. Ive currently 18 fleets of 250 and <200K power each and 6 troop fleets of 20k power. I'm unstoppable. (Famous last words)

Fair do's

I had a couple of goes on that game and found that it's fun to begin with but just got a bit too snowed under with micromanagement after a while.

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #1828 on: October 20, 2021, 12:28:01 pm »
Fair do's

I had a couple of goes on that game and found that it's fun to begin with but just got a bit too snowed under with micromanagement after a while.

Yeah, the micromanagement was severe. But I learnt a few tricks. This took me over 2weeks and wifey complaining i wasnt talking to her as my attention was 100%. My first few games were wholly unsuccessful against the unbidden. But choke points and good fleet management eventually turnt the tide. It was touch and go for quite a while. I got lucky with my choke points having planets and I stacked them with armouries and filled them with defence troops, which also increased my fleet capacity. This, combined with stacked anchorages etc meant I could go toe to toe. The unbidden are triggered soon after you develop jump drives, so hold back on that until youve built up a defense, built tactical wormholes etc. It also helps to have great relations with all the other nations. Fight the unbidden on multiple fronts and cover your rear. I felt like Eisenhower.

Online Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1829 on: October 20, 2021, 01:20:35 pm »
Really enjoying Hades.

Think I have done about 10 runs now.  Beat Meg once.
Really interesting concept and feel it it has so much depth, but something you can jump in and out of for half hour too.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1830 on: October 20, 2021, 04:07:29 pm »
Finished Deathloop the other day. Brilliant concept, although actually much easier than you'd expect. You have to die three times before the day resets, which means it very rarely happens, and you can infuse weapons and gears to keep them even when you loop, so after a few hours of gameplay you're well equipped at all times.

The four areas are pretty small, albeit densely packed, which means you can blast a path to your objective once you get to know that part of the world. And the slabs are good fun, particularly the Nexus one which allows you to link enemies so that a headshot to one will kill everyone in the chain.

It's the look and feel that's most rewarding, and the game is just good fun - particularly the dialogue between Colt and Julianna. The game really comes to life when she invades (either controlled by the computer or an online player), as she'll suddenly come gunning for you. But if you have the invisibility slab, it's fairly easy to beat her - just wait for her to get near and a few shots to the head should end her.

All in all, I think what felt fresh for the first two thirds eventually became tiresome. You're constantly having to complete the same levels - there are four distinct areas in the game, although each can be played at morning, noon, afternoon or evening and they change completely each time (new enemy patterns, different bosses etc). But once you're deep in the game, you're a bit bored of going back to the same area for another bit of information. Although by that point you can at least destroy everything in your path fairly quickly.

So yeah, great game but perhaps made to be a little too easy.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #1831 on: October 20, 2021, 07:27:07 pm »
Deathloop's been rough for me on the PC. Updaam in particular is a stutter fest without locking to Arkane's engine's preferred framerates - and the first update broke that for me! - and weird glitchiness. I'm not convinced by it even away from that. It is too easy, and I can understand they were aiming for something with the ramping up for each visionary killed but that's not how you actually play through the day to figure out the perfect run. Colt is brilliantly voiced but some of the hints around past loops make me wonder what they were aiming for with Juliana.
Spoiler
Reminded me a lot of Max Frisch's Homo Faber but with Sabeth actually knowing all along - I have questions...
[close]
The story promises a lot more than it actually ever delivers. Don't know whether I'm being too harsh for loving Arkane's other games so much but everything to it feels gimmicky for me, from the 'invasions' (which turn into a lag fest) through to the cramped maps and lazily imagined game world.

----

Picked up AC: Valhalla on the current sale. It's been ok so far. Like the combat. Norway is very snowy. Northern Lights are pretty. Ubisoft still have secret motors on their ancient ships and still haven't figured out people walk differently to each other. Bit sad that there's so much pop-in, and at such a close distance at times, but otherwise it's a very well presented game. One thing I have come to like about AC is how well they tie the controls to moving around the landscape, it's maybe not as parkour as earlier AC games but it's fascinating seeing them continue to lean into RPG mechanics. Wonder if one day they will eventually move into fully branching quest lines rather than flirting with them around the edges.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1832 on: October 20, 2021, 10:35:34 pm »
Deathloop on PC has vicious screen tearing for me. Fiddled with so many settings and just can't shift it.

Waiting on patches still I suppose

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1833 on: October 20, 2021, 11:25:53 pm »
Just finished a game called "The Pedestrian" on PS4. Essentially a series of puzzles but with a lovely setting. Really enjoyed it.

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #1834 on: October 21, 2021, 07:59:34 am »
Really enjoying Hades.

Think I have done about 10 runs now.  Beat Meg once.
Really interesting concept and feel it it has so much depth, but something you can jump in and out of for half hour too.

You have SO much ahead of you. Enjoy! Hades will go down as one of the all-time greats.

Online Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1835 on: October 21, 2021, 10:56:27 am »
Yeah I am really getting into it now.

Managed to get past the 2nd boss but there is something satisfying about starting over again....

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1836 on: October 21, 2021, 11:28:17 am »
Just finished a game called "The Pedestrian" on PS4. Essentially a series of puzzles but with a lovely setting. Really enjoyed it.

seems like we often have our eyes on similar games. have had that on my list for a while and was thinking i'd have a go if it goes on sale. thanks for confirming it's worth it!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #1837 on: October 21, 2021, 07:39:06 pm »
seems like we often have our eyes on similar games. have had that on my list for a while and was thinking i'd have a go if it goes on sale. thanks for confirming it's worth it!

Yeah definitely, not sure how much of a discount there is at the moment but worth picking up. Only took a few days to play through but it's a satisfying difficulty level. Manged to get to the end without using any walkthroughs and was quite pleased ;D

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1838 on: October 21, 2021, 08:51:03 pm »
Late to the party but just finished Spiderman Miles Morales.

Loved the PS4 Spiderman so knew I would love this one as well. Great story and love the web swinging gameplay

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1839 on: October 21, 2021, 08:54:01 pm »
Late to the party but just finished Spiderman Miles Morales.

Loved the PS4 Spiderman so knew I would love this one as well. Great story and love the web swinging gameplay

Just started it and it's great. Love the extra moves to the acrobatic tricks!

Anyway Footie Manager 22 beta is out