Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 210609 times)

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #2040 on: December 7, 2021, 02:11:05 am »
lasso someone and dump them on the railway lines in front of a train instead.

Why am I not surpised at that.  ;D

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #2041 on: December 7, 2021, 08:08:43 am »
Beat the Demon of Hatred yesterday and got to final boss 3rd phase but haven't beaten him yet, will keep trying.
Fucking did it lad :scarf

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2042 on: December 7, 2021, 11:15:01 am »
Fucking did it lad :scarf
I’ve been stuck on Owl for a bit, ridiculously high posture bar but a fun fight.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2043 on: December 7, 2021, 11:24:26 am »
I’ve been stuck on Owl for a bit, ridiculously high posture bar but a fun fight.
Owl at the top of the castle? That was an amazing fight, I was breathless when I had finally done it.

A good tip is using the Ichimonji skill after dodging his double-shuriken then leaping-flip combo. I wasn't doing that which meant his posture was always healing but that shifted the fight completely in my favour.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2021, 11:27:07 am by OsirisMVZ »

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2044 on: December 7, 2021, 11:26:23 am »
Why am I not surpised at that.  ;D

Had to give it a try. And he deserved it too, I think it was the racist bloke shouting in the main town.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2045 on: December 7, 2021, 12:03:26 pm »
Owl at the top of the castle? That was an amazing fight, I was breathless when I had finally done it.

A good tip is using the Ichimonji skill after dodging his double-shuriken then leaping-flip combo. I wasn't doing that which meant his posture was always healing but that shifted the fight completely in my favour.
That’s the one. Did you do the charged version? I think I’ve only been using the non charged one when he does the leap and sometimes when he throws the anti healing item.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2046 on: December 7, 2021, 12:08:10 pm »
That’s the one. Did you do the charged version? I think I’ve only been using the non charged one when he does the leap and sometimes when he throws the anti healing item.
I don't know about a charged version, I know there is a Double Ichimonji, do you mean that? I didn't have that skill at the time.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2047 on: December 7, 2021, 01:30:20 pm »
Serious Sam 4 is on gamepass. Worth playing for nostalgia's sake at least
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #2048 on: December 7, 2021, 02:25:25 pm »
Back on the old warzone tomorrow for the new map

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2049 on: December 8, 2021, 10:56:28 am »
I don't know about a charged version, I know there is a Double Ichimonji, do you mean that? I didn't have that skill at the time.
Finally beat him last night then spent 2 hours on the rematch in Hirata Estate which I think was tougher. Got him eventually though.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2050 on: December 8, 2021, 11:42:10 am »
Finally beat him last night then spent 2 hours on the rematch in Hirata Estate which I think was tougher. Got him eventually though.
NiceI I didn't get the special memory for that ending but I would have loved to face him again when he's potentially even harder. There's 4 endings to Sekiro and at some point I'll do them all.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2051 on: December 8, 2021, 11:51:58 am »
All the Sekiro talk has got me eagerly anticipating Elden Ring but in the meantime I might start Dark Souls as I've never played any of the series! I've completed Bloodborne, Sekiro and Demon's Souls but never done the Dark Trilogy!

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2052 on: December 8, 2021, 12:11:51 pm »
All the Sekiro talk has got me eagerly anticipating Elden Ring but in the meantime I might start Dark Souls as I've never played any of the series! I've completed Bloodborne, Sekiro and Demon's Souls but never done the Dark Trilogy!

Think Dark Souls Remastered is on sale on PSN at the moment, judging from that playing history I'd say it's an essential purchase.

Personally think it's the best game world I've ever experienced.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2053 on: December 8, 2021, 01:12:05 pm »

I joked with work colleagues this time last year that if we went into another lockdown over Christmas I would get the Dark Souls games as I would actually have enough time to get good. I'm sure something happened as that made me buy them, and I can remember how daunting it was originally playing Dark Souls Remastered and dying to everything all the time.

Since then over the last year I have finished DS, DS3, Bloodborne and Sekiro, become part of The Hollowing on r/eldenring, and all I've got left is Demon's Souls on PS5 and if I feel like it, Dark Souls 2. It's been an amazing experience and well worth it.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2054 on: December 8, 2021, 01:17:11 pm »
I joked with work colleagues this time last year that if we went into another lockdown over Christmas I would get the Dark Souls games as I would actually have enough time to get good. I'm sure something happened as that made me buy them, and I can remember how daunting it was originally playing Dark Souls Remastered and dying to everything all the time.

Since then over the last year I have finished DS, DS3, Bloodborne and Sekiro, become part of The Hollowing on r/eldenring, and all I've got left is Demon's Souls on PS5 and if I feel like it, Dark Souls 2. It's been an amazing experience and well worth it.

Smashed it! No better developer out there at the moment than FromSoftware in my opinion.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2055 on: December 8, 2021, 03:18:46 pm »
Yeah, the Elden Ring hype is why I went back and finished DS3, and I should finish Sekiro in a bit. Demon's Souls is the only one I've yet to complete (only finished the first level on the PS3 version). I'll wait for the remake to come to PC as rumored/leak.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #2056 on: December 8, 2021, 06:50:19 pm »
Back on the old warzone tomorrow for the new map

Get us all added on warzone
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2057 on: December 8, 2021, 07:23:36 pm »
New Warzone map is nice but quite glitchy when you pick up the weapons and some glitches for ground loot

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2058 on: December 8, 2021, 09:22:37 pm »
Just started the Halo campaign, only an hour in, pretty cool so far.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #2059 on: December 8, 2021, 09:28:15 pm »
Just started the Halo campaign, only an hour in, pretty cool so far.
Aye, same - pretty much what I thought it would be so far.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #2060 on: December 8, 2021, 09:46:51 pm »
I skippd Halo 5, will that be a problem?
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2061 on: December 9, 2021, 10:54:30 am »
It's strange how perception can be with things like game worlds - I found Dark Souls to be bland, dark and boring. A really turgid, jittery game full of exploits. Yet most believe it to be a masterpiece and love it. I'm definitely in the minority thinking it's really not for me.

Having said that, I love the Fable series, really the antithesis to Dark Souls in many ways and I know a lot see that as shallow and lacking depth.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2062 on: December 9, 2021, 05:14:03 pm »
Finally beat the last boss in Sekiro, what a ride. There are one or two mini-bosses that I don't really care about finishing so I think I'm done here and I'm going to play the Halo Infinite campaign. Trying to get as much gaming in as I can before I start my new job on Monday.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2063 on: December 9, 2021, 09:29:02 pm »
It's strange how perception can be with things like game worlds - I found Dark Souls to be bland, dark and boring. A really turgid, jittery game full of exploits. Yet most believe it to be a masterpiece and love it. I'm definitely in the minority thinking it's really not for me.

Having said that, I love the Fable series, really the antithesis to Dark Souls in many ways and I know a lot see that as shallow and lacking depth.

Yeah, it's very much an 'eye of the beholder' thing isn't it.  I suppose at the end of the day that games are just another form of art, which is always subjective.  I'm not a fan of the Dark Souls games either, so there are two of us now.   ;D

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2064 on: December 9, 2021, 10:40:26 pm »
Yeah, it's very much an 'eye of the beholder' thing isn't it.  I suppose at the end of the day that games are just another form of art, which is always subjective.  I'm not a fan of the Dark Souls games either, so there are two of us now.   ;D

Three.

I've never been tempted to try even  :P
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2065 on: December 9, 2021, 10:41:46 pm »
Think I might boot up the Bioshock series again. The first one is one of my absolute favorite games of all time.

Didn't they do a remaster/optimizing some years back?

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2066 on: December 9, 2021, 10:43:15 pm »
Finally beat the last boss in Sekiro, what a ride. There are one or two mini-bosses that I don't really care about finishing so I think I'm done here and I'm going to play the Halo Infinite campaign. Trying to get as much gaming in as I can before I start my new job on Monday.
Pretty sure I beat every fucker I could except the Headless that weren't underwater... I don't have that much Divine Confetti nor do I have the time to grind for it. But well done on finishing!!!

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2067 on: December 9, 2021, 10:50:20 pm »
never played any of them. can't be arsed.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2068 on: December 10, 2021, 07:00:37 am »
Think I might boot up the Bioshock series again. The first one is one of my absolute favorite games of all time.

They did.  The Collection is often on sale for under £10 on Xbox.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2069 on: December 10, 2021, 07:15:22 am »
The Matrix Awakens tech demo is absolutely gorgeous. UE5 will make this gens games unbelievable to look at.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2070 on: December 10, 2021, 10:54:07 am »
The Matrix Awakens tech demo is absolutely gorgeous. UE5 will make this gens games unbelievable to look at.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WU0gvPcc3jQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WU0gvPcc3jQ</a>

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2071 on: December 10, 2021, 10:56:45 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WU0gvPcc3jQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WU0gvPcc3jQ</a>

We need a full game!

In other news, Wonder Woman has been announced and will feature the Nemesis system the Mordor games used.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #2072 on: December 10, 2021, 12:06:05 pm »
My mate just text me about this. Cannot wait to get home and try it. The day has suddenly begun to drag..
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2073 on: December 10, 2021, 12:40:41 pm »
The driving and shooting sequence is unique every time you run it. That’s because the car crashes are simulated in real time with Unreal Engine’s high-performance physics system Chaos, so the same crash will never occur twice.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/12/09/matrix-awakens-unreal-engine-5-experience/

:o

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2074 on: December 10, 2021, 02:16:10 pm »

One of my favourite FPS series of all time. The original may still be the best but 2 is hugely underrated I think. Difficult on the higher levels too.

Downloading Halo for a blast tomorrow evening. Been playing a lot of Madden 21 given it's free on Game Pass. I know it doesn't change but I do still get a lot of enjoyment out of it and it's good for quick blasts. It also has a lot of features Fifa should steal like being able to drop back into a game where you left off. Technically Quick Resume should allow you to do this, but it doesn't with EA Sports titles as you get signed out of EA's servers and sent back to the main menu if you do quick resume after shutting down the console.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 02:18:10 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Darkness

• Tedious WUM, loves betting on Man U
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2075 on: December 10, 2021, 05:45:36 pm »
Bioshock as a series is soooooo overated to me, don't get me wrong the 1st one was amazing and revolutionary at the time. BioShock 2 was disappointing the story was inferior and just felt more of the same so the wow factor was gone, Bioshock infinite has to be one of the most overrated games of all time up there with Uncharted 3 they both got so many 10/10 across the board  ::)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #2076 on: December 10, 2021, 08:42:21 pm »
Bioshock as a series is soooooo overated to me, don't get me wrong the 1st one was amazing and revolutionary at the time. BioShock 2 was disappointing the story was inferior and just felt more of the same so the wow factor was gone, Bioshock infinite has to be one of the most overrated games of all time up there with Uncharted 3 they both got so many 10/10 across the board  ::)

The first one is one of my favourite gaming experiences of all times. I never finished the second and couldn't get into the third.

I probably didn't give them enough of a chance because I was expecting to be swept away again and wasn't.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2077 on: December 10, 2021, 09:50:41 pm »
The free Matrix game on PS5 is amazing.

Proper GTA fix

Looks gorgeous

Best marketing ever

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2078 on: December 10, 2021, 10:32:06 pm »
The free Matrix game on PS5 is amazing.

Proper GTA fix

Looks gorgeous

Best marketing ever

Well, not really a game is it? It's a technical demo of the platform/engine. Looks amazing mind you.

Love that when you look at a window in a building, you actually see smudges and imperfections on the window itself. Nevermind the fact that those windows actually belong to a room with different types of decor etc. The space looks massive and real.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2079 on: December 10, 2021, 11:44:44 pm »
Well, not really a game is it? It's a technical demo of the platform/engine. Looks amazing mind you.

Love that when you look at a window in a building, you actually see smudges and imperfections on the window itself. Nevermind the fact that those windows actually belong to a room with different types of decor etc. The space looks massive and real.

I know it's a tech demo but you can play it  ;)

I'm gonna fire it up now and then just for a quick future GTA fix. It is gobsmackingly realistic. The driving is enjoyable and crashing cars is fun

Was zooming along the ground following a van and it was just there

I went into fly mode, and zoomed to the tip of the sky, and looked around at the city rendered perfectly in every direction

Bombed down to the gutter where the puddle on the tarmac looked so real you could kiss it

Left the camera idling on an odd angle, a car park with a view of the road. Just a sense of place there, great feel

If they do make a full game of this it could be amazing