Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 210651 times)

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #2000 on: November 26, 2021, 03:32:57 am »
Tomb Raider is less than £3 on Xbox store, the sequel (well technically prequel) is around £4.50, had to buy both.  Tomb Raider is great, I haven't played Rise Of The Tomb Raider but it has decent reviews.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2001 on: November 26, 2021, 10:08:11 am »
Tomb Raider is less than £3 on Xbox store, the sequel (well technically prequel) is around £4.50, had to buy both.  Tomb Raider is great, I haven't played Rise Of The Tomb Raider but it has decent reviews.
I’ve never played any of the Tomb Raider games before the rebooted trilogy on the last generation.

It’s considered sacrilegious, but I preferred both of those games to anything in Uncharted 1-3.

Have fun. The first one and Rise are great. The third one, Shadow, is terrible. I don’t get why the reviews don’t say so.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2002 on: November 28, 2021, 08:39:12 am »
Fudge it, I’ll get my 70 year old mum to buy my 40 year old self Death Stranding for Christmas. Like Christmas in the 90’s again. Wrapped and everything with me pretending not to know what it is.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2003 on: November 28, 2021, 08:46:33 am »
Currently playing Kingdom Come Deliverance - got it cheap off PlayStation store for £7.99 and yeah it’s addictive as anything

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2004 on: November 28, 2021, 08:53:42 am »
Fudge it, I’ll get my 70 year old mum to buy my 40 year old self Death Stranding for Christmas. Like Christmas in the 90’s again. Wrapped and everything with me pretending not to know what it is.

Or you could do what I did as a lad

Carefully unwrap the gift, take the game out the box, stick another cartridge (a disc in your case) in, and carefully reseal the packaging with sellotape

.... So you can play it early, get bored, and be fed up by Xmas with nothing to play  :D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2005 on: November 28, 2021, 09:55:13 am »
Giving Red Dead Redemption 2 an honest go. Graphics are lovely, characters great, but I was never a fan of Rockstar gameplay and faux-RPG approach and I’m really struggling with controls as well. About midway through Chapter 2, which still feels like a tutorial section, so I’ll try and stick with it for a while longer.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2006 on: November 28, 2021, 11:46:24 am »
Giving Red Dead Redemption 2 an honest go. Graphics are lovely, characters great, but I was never a fan of Rockstar gameplay and faux-RPG approach and I’m really struggling with controls as well. About midway through Chapter 2, which still feels like a tutorial section, so I’ll try and stick with it for a while longer.

I'm also playing this again, after giving up at 38% last time.

I love it.

Although weirdly, my wife is playing Animal Crossing at the same time on the Switch and it's very similar.

"What you been doing?"
"Oh, fishing, collecting animals, improving my camp, changing my clothes, getting more clothes, cooking, speaking to the villagers"
"Same"

Except Red Dead intersperses it with brutal murdering of course. But the bounty system means I rarely bother getting my guns out against a human unless its a mission. Which I am taking very slowly as I enjoy the atmosphere of the game immensely.

The controls can be a bit frustrating, agreed. I also get annoyed at remembering who I'm supposed to deliver the perfect pelt of whatever animal to - "Is this one trapper or Pearson?"
But it's brilliant overall IMO.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2007 on: November 28, 2021, 12:36:40 pm »
Currently playing Kingdom Come Deliverance - got it cheap off PlayStation store for £7.99 and yeah it’s addictive as anything

Has Henry felt "quite hungry" yet?

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2008 on: November 28, 2021, 12:55:39 pm »

Stick with it, I remember struggling at that point too. That fucking fishing quest with Jack, and my fishing rod just refused to answer any inputs from controller or keyboard...
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #2009 on: November 28, 2021, 05:59:25 pm »
Finally got into God of War. Tried it ages ago but didn’t click. This time it has. Great fun

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #2010 on: November 28, 2021, 07:46:42 pm »
Finally got into God of War. Tried it ages ago but didn’t click. This time it has. Great fun

So so lucky. Loved that game. Rivalled TW3 as the best game ever for me. Didn't quite knock TW3 off its perch, but got closer than any other game has.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2011 on: November 28, 2021, 07:50:18 pm »
You should try approaching RDR2 with the mindset that it's a slow paced experience of what life in America could have been like at that point in history, rather than a full on open world action do-whatever-the-fuck-you-want madness of GTA and maybe then you'll get more from it. Like you say, it's an absolute joy to look at. The landscape is arguably the most stunning representation seen in a game and likely will be for some years to come. It's a technical feat in that regard. There's very subtle and extremely diligent world building behind it all that really demands a lot of time and attention to fully appreciate, and for that reason alone, it's up there as one of the best titles made in the past decade or more.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2012 on: November 28, 2021, 09:35:34 pm »
You’re right. Slower I play, better it feels. Agree on the world details, it’s absolute perfection and no detail was looked over. I think I’ll just work away slowly on missions and hunting which seems fun.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2013 on: November 28, 2021, 09:40:26 pm »
Don't get attached.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2014 on: November 28, 2021, 09:49:54 pm »
To horses?

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2015 on: November 28, 2021, 09:57:37 pm »
Best game of the PS4-era for me. Hope you enjoy it.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #2016 on: November 28, 2021, 10:00:13 pm »
To horses?

Ignore him mate. Just play it and enjoy it!
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2017 on: November 28, 2021, 10:05:43 pm »
Has Henry felt "quite hungry" yet?

;D Bastard’s metabolism is off the chart the amount he’s eaten

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #2018 on: November 29, 2021, 03:16:51 pm »
I still play Driveclub a lot, I bought it digital when it came out and it weas a shaky start.

But there is so much to do - I have all the DLC with it (which where free I believe), it really is a great game.

Would be amazing if Evolution got back to together and did another racing game, they do it so well.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #2019 on: November 30, 2021, 10:28:33 am »
So close to the end of Sekiro! Gone for the "Return" ending and defeated Divine Dragon. Great Shinobi Owl was the best boss fight so far, I was breathless upon finishing it and couldn't wait to try it out again afterwards. Just waiting for the right time in the day to finish the game off, I have the Great Carp side-quest, Demon of Hatred side-boss and then the finale to go.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2020 on: November 30, 2021, 10:29:57 am »
So close to the end of Sekiro! Gone for the "Return" ending and defeated Divine Dragon. Great Shinobi Owl was the best boss fight so far, I was breathless upon finishing it and couldn't wait to try it out again afterwards. Just waiting for the right time in the day to finish the game off, I have the Great Carp side-quest, Demon of Hatred side-boss and then the finale to go.

What a game mate.

I've just done all 4 divine beasts in BoTW. Will be completing all side missions, memories and possibly shrines before I go and slap Ganon all over the castle.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2021 on: November 30, 2021, 12:06:42 pm »
Red Dead had a huge update when I stuck it in last night so put The Ascent on. It was okay, not too sure honestly whether I'll go back to it. Did the tutorial mission and I quite liked the twin stick mechanic and the setting was somewhat interesting despite being extremely familiar in that it has massive similarities with many other sci-fi worlds. Anyone played it extensively to advise whether it's worth sticking with? It never screamed 'compulsive' to me.

Any hidden gems on Game Pass? I want to take Red Dead slow and have something else to play in the background, maybe an FPS or a light RPG that doesn't require too much thinking or time investment. Was considering the Forgotten City, as I played the original Skyrim mod back in the day and that was quality.

Also playing Pokemon Brilliant Diamond here and there, it feels quite a cute little remake but the permanent XP Share system that cannot be toggled off is game-breaking. It means you're always over-levelled and means you take 1/6th of the time to train your team up for gyms etc. In fact, you don't need to do any extra training or grinding, just beating the standard trainers will do. Pokemon has to have grinding in my eyes.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 12:08:17 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #2022 on: December 1, 2021, 02:01:29 am »
I still play Driveclub a lot, I bought it digital when it came out and it weas a shaky start.

But there is so much to do - I have all the DLC with it (which where free I believe), it really is a great game.

Would be amazing if Evolution got back to together and did another racing game, they do it so well.
I’m really enjoying it. If you’ve got all the DLC then it’s a crazy amount of content. I’m just working through the only tour available to me.

By all accounts it sounds like they botched the launch, but I just don’t understand why they’re not working on another driving game.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2023 on: December 1, 2021, 06:29:47 am »
I’m really enjoying it. If you’ve got all the DLC then it’s a crazy amount of content. I’m just working through the only tour available to me.

By all accounts it sounds like they botched the launch, but I just don’t understand why they’re not working on another driving game.

Evolution are no more. Most of them went to codemasters so they're at EA now.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2024 on: December 1, 2021, 01:11:58 pm »
Picked up Deathloop on PS5 and gotta say, the £30 discounted price is very fair. Great game with loads to experiment with, great concept and brilliantly designed levels.

I never got into the Dishonored games but this might tempt me to retry.

Ps. To whoever's just started RDR2, I'm jealous. The advice above to stick with it and take it slow is spot on. Comfortably one of the best stories in videogaming for me and the world is stacked with little secrets and things to find. The narratives pack an extra punch if it's a game you play at the pace it intends I think.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2025 on: December 1, 2021, 02:14:15 pm »
I've just started on it after breezing through most of DS3. I find Sekiro far harder so far but feels like a breath of fresh air. Looking forward to eventually clicking with it.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2026 on: December 1, 2021, 02:41:57 pm »
COD Vanguard and Battlefield 2042 sales are some of the worst in a decade. Both games have a pretty low score on Metacritic as well.
Is the reckoning slowly but surely coming? The so-called AAA studios have released outright broken games for at least two years now, including shitty remasters. Some studios have serious allegations against them. Let’s hope this forces the industry to innovate or at the very least release games that are playable!

Source is YongYea on Youtube. He complains a lot but does a decent job exposing how bad the gaming industry is at the moment.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2027 on: December 4, 2021, 02:39:23 pm »
I had a go at the remastered vice city (obviously didn't pay for it) and got a couple of hours in before binning it. best left as nostalgia I think because both the shooting and especially the driving physics annoyed the fuck out of me, especially the driving.

gave a couple of hours of san andreas a go and happy to say it's a different story. much better. finding a mod to use the original font for the on-screen text is nice too.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2028 on: December 4, 2021, 02:44:43 pm »
I have to say my main problem with RDR was trying to play it like and RPG. I finally cracked the flow now. Little bit of hunting, fishing, pointless roaming around, mission here and there if I’m broke and a lot of savouring the world and atmosphere. Very, very good game indeed. Glad I picked it up. Still shit at hunting but I’ll get there. What are best weapons?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2029 on: December 4, 2021, 08:50:01 pm »
COD Vanguard and Battlefield 2042 sales are some of the worst in a decade. Both games have a pretty low score on Metacritic as well.
Is the reckoning slowly but surely coming? The so-called AAA studios have released outright broken games for at least two years now, including shitty remasters. Some studios have serious allegations against them. Let’s hope this forces the industry to innovate or at the very least release games that are playable!

Source is YongYea on Youtube. He complains a lot but does a decent job exposing how bad the gaming industry is at the moment.

2 years? Id say longer. And I can't see it changing any time soon. Sales might be down, but they are still raking the profit in compared to what it costs to make these things. It'll take an industry crash similar to what we seen in the 80s for things to improve.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2030 on: December 4, 2021, 09:07:26 pm »
Just bought Hitman 3 so hope I enjoy it!

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2031 on: December 5, 2021, 11:18:29 am »
What are best weapons?

In the compendium it tells you what weapons to use for each animal in order to get the best skin. There's also a handy trinket you can get which increases your chances of getting a better pelt from kills - think you have to kill one of the legendary animals to get it.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2032 on: December 5, 2021, 11:21:34 am »
I have to say my main problem with RDR was trying to play it like and RPG. I finally cracked the flow now. Little bit of hunting, fishing, pointless roaming around, mission here and there if I’m broke and a lot of savouring the world and atmosphere. Very, very good game indeed. Glad I picked it up. Still shit at hunting but I’ll get there. What are best weapons?

The weapons for combat are locked to progress

Hunting though just do it all on horseback, varmint always to hand for small animals, and Springfield rifle for bigger animals, you can always upgrade the bullets for bears and such, aim for heads, use dead eye with the Springfield rifle. Don't worry what you use for legendary animals you can't spoil the pelt

Volcanic Pistols are win for your main guns

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2033 on: December 6, 2021, 07:26:52 am »
The weapons for combat are locked to progress

Hunting though just do it all on horseback, varmint always to hand for small animals, and Springfield rifle for bigger animals, you can always upgrade the bullets for bears and such, aim for heads, use dead eye with the Springfield rifle. Don't worry what you use for legendary animals you can't spoil the pelt

Volcanic Pistols are win for your main guns

I disagree.  Schofield revolvers and the Carcano rifle over Springfield/Volcanic combo anyday.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2034 on: December 6, 2021, 10:17:20 am »
Don't have those yet. I'm running with two Volcanic guns, Litchfield Repeater and a Pump Shotgun full of slugs for when I feel like hurting people. I do prefer using rifles to hand guns.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2035 on: December 6, 2021, 10:24:26 am »
lasso someone and dump them on the railway lines in front of a train instead.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #2036 on: December 6, 2021, 10:54:34 am »

Beat the Demon of Hatred yesterday and got to final boss 3rd phase but haven't beaten him yet, will keep trying.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2037 on: December 6, 2021, 11:20:10 am »
Don't have those yet. I'm running with two Volcanic guns, Litchfield Repeater and a Pump Shotgun full of slugs for when I feel like hurting people. I do prefer using rifles to hand guns.

Yeah, shotguns are nice for blowing peoples faces off. A couple of the cannibal chaps tried to nick my horse once so they promptly got piled next to the road, with no limbs or heads left.

Generally you use the varmint rifle for small mammals, repeaters for medium sized ones, rifles for smaller deer, cougars and wolves and then the sniper rifle things for the big boys like grizzlies, mooses and elks. And then the ball ache of small game arrows for when you need perfect snakeskins or squirrel pelts
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2038 on: December 6, 2021, 01:24:30 pm »
lasso someone and dump them on the railway lines in front of a train instead.

This you?

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2039 on: December 6, 2021, 02:52:29 pm »
Yeah, shotguns are nice for blowing peoples faces off. A couple of the cannibal chaps tried to nick my horse once so they promptly got piled next to the road, with no limbs or heads left.

Generally you use the varmint rifle for small mammals, repeaters for medium sized ones, rifles for smaller deer, cougars and wolves and then the sniper rifle things for the big boys like grizzlies, mooses and elks. And then the ball ache of small game arrows for when you need perfect snakeskins or squirrel pelts

Hours of patience, pain and fear just surfaced in my memory