Author Topic: Lego  (Read 51886 times)

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
Re: Lego
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2017, 08:54:13 pm »
Honestly no idea without looking at it, but I think its maybe too high given its a jumbled box and you cant guarantee every part is there for whatever sets etc.

Thanks, seems reasonable, as were moving house and we dont have the space for them, I will take whatever I get.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2017, 12:13:12 am »
For anybody who hasn't seen it, the Saturn V:

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/LEGO-NASA-Apollo-Saturn-V-21309

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2017, 09:11:37 am »

I can't wait to help my son build that
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2017, 09:59:56 am »
I can't wait to help my son build that

Will the lad even get anywhere near it? ;) ;D

It's awesome though, especially the internal engineering.  You have to build the fuel tanks and everything.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2017, 11:51:01 am »
Will the lad even get anywhere near it? ;) ;D

It's awesome though, especially the internal engineering.  You have to build the fuel tanks and everything.

Got to bloody find one first, been the Lego shop in Barton Square, John Lewis and Hamleys in the Trafford Centre and none have got it. I'm going to ring the shop in Liverpool One and see if they will put one aside for me.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2017, 01:06:53 pm »
Used to love stickle bricks as well.

Wankers.

:D

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2017, 07:32:08 am »
Thanks, seems reasonable, as were moving house and we dont have the space for them, I will take whatever I get.

Think mixed boxes of Lego normally go for about £30/kg but given you have sets you may get more

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2017, 10:17:48 am »
Got to bloody find one first, been the Lego shop in Barton Square, John Lewis and Hamleys in the Trafford Centre and none have got it. I'm going to ring the shop in Liverpool One and see if they will put one aside for me.

Bloody hell mate, starting to count myself lucky.  :o  When I went to Liverpool One they did take one down and put it aside for me as I browsed the shop, so they might be able to do that for you over the phone.  The label said "limited to one per household" so I imagine it's going to be pretty limited.

There are 12 bags in the box, and the S-1C first stage alone takes up the first five.  I'm kind of tempted to work backwards and leave that stage till last.  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2017, 12:02:08 pm »
Bloody hell mate, starting to count myself lucky.  :o  When I went to Liverpool One they did take one down and put it aside for me as I browsed the shop, so they might be able to do that for you over the phone.  The label said "limited to one per household" so I imagine it's going to be pretty limited.

There are 12 bags in the box, and the S-1C first stage alone takes up the first five.  I'm kind of tempted to work backwards and leave that stage till last.  ;D

It's been really popular, the shop in Manchester arndale won't get any til July now. Thought I could go to town Friday but can't now, but he's said he'll wait til next month so going to order from Lego website. He's going shopping for star Wars Lego first thing Saturday with his Ma while I'm at footy with the youngest

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: June 21, 2017, 07:40:08 pm »
Christ, took me ages to find this damn thread now ;D

Anyway, check out this incredible set from the upcoming LEGO Ninjago movie:

4860 pieces, making it the third biggest set in Lego history. Yours, in September, for a measly £269.99

More images here: http://imgur.com/a/1cLAQ
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #131 on: June 21, 2017, 08:59:18 pm »
Christ, took me ages to find this damn thread now ;D

Anyway, check out this incredible set from the upcoming LEGO Ninjago movie:

4860 pieces, making it the third biggest set in Lego history. Yours, in September, for a measly £269.99

More images here: http://imgur.com/a/1cLAQ
That looks like a trophy Everton would have in their cabinet, saying something like 'Everton FC first winners of the Lego trophy' I can just see them releasing a DVD! ;D
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2017, 09:07:19 pm »

Some robbing bastard on Amazon was trying to sell these at £190 each.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2017, 09:39:05 pm »
Some robbing bastard on Amazon was trying to sell these at £190 each.

Saw it at £129 on Amazon but the one star reviews warned people off.  Some people are just bold as brass though.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2017, 10:05:53 pm »
Saw it at £129 on Amazon but the one star reviews warned people off.  Some people are just bold as brass though.

Might be the same one, reviews saying £109 from Lego so don't buy it. Plenty on Ebay for around the £190 mark, robbing twats.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2017, 10:22:39 pm »
Might be the same one, reviews saying £109 from Lego so don't buy it. Plenty on Ebay for around the £190 mark, robbing twats.

Yeah.  The same supplier on Amazon I checked Monday is now retailing at £173 - was "only" £129 on Monday.

to be honest, £109 is pretty damned good for what you're getting.  The rocket itself is twice the height of the box.  My own lego technic set was about a hundred, and that's nearly 23 years ago. 

I've found it is missing a few, small, finicky pieces.  Maybe the Saturn V kit will have a few spare I can use when I'm done...

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2017, 11:20:17 pm »
I always do the £/piece calculation. The 4860 piece up there for £270 is good value. However its not iconic so won't hold the value.

Im waiting for a 3ft scaled back to the future Delorean.

That Saturn V is great value, suppose its not a film franchise. Never saw it in Leeds store a couple of weeks back
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 11:23:09 pm by Ziltoid »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2017, 07:47:29 am »
Yeah.  The same supplier on Amazon I checked Monday is now retailing at £173 - was "only" £129 on Monday.

to be honest, £109 is pretty damned good for what you're getting.  The rocket itself is twice the height of the box.  My own lego technic set was about a hundred, and that's nearly 23 years ago. 

I've found it is missing a few, small, finicky pieces.  Maybe the Saturn V kit will have a few spare I can use when I'm done...

I expected it to be about £150, the millenium falcon he got last year was about £130.

We got him this a few years ago, this was about £150-160. Took me ages to build it, its all motorised

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2017, 10:50:55 am »

Missus just rang me at work, back in stock at John Lewis, got it ordered and getting it delivered into the Trafford Centre shop tomorrow afternoon  :D :D

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2017, 03:26:46 pm »
I always do the £/piece calculation. The 4860 piece up there for £270 is good value. However its not iconic so won't hold the value.

Im waiting for a 3ft scaled back to the future Delorean.

That Saturn V is great value, suppose its not a film franchise. Never saw it in Leeds store a couple of weeks back
I do the same calculation. Teh Saturn V is excellent value, I'm assuming because it has more small pieces than the average set.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2017, 03:56:35 pm »
Missus just rang me at work, back in stock at John Lewis, got it ordered and getting it delivered into the Trafford Centre shop tomorrow afternoon  :D :D

Excellent!  You're gonna have fun playing with it.  (Yeah, that's right, I said "playing" :D )

I do the same calculation. Teh Saturn V is excellent value, I'm assuming because it has more small pieces than the average set.

The Saturn V has 1969 pieces ;)

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2017, 04:13:20 pm »
Excellent!  You're gonna have fun playing with it.  (Yeah, that's right, I said "playing" :D )

The Saturn V has 1969 pieces ;)

Can't wait.

How big is the box? Missus is going to pick it up and she's thinking about walking across to get it.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2017, 06:45:29 pm »
Can't wait.

How big is the box? Missus is going to pick it up and she's thinking about walking across to get it.

48cm long/high.  I got a large Lego bag for mine, was able to carry it no trouble.

Just finished putting the S-IVB third stage together, and the C/SM, LEM etc.  At the moment the LEM is loose inside the housing as I can't figure out how to securely attach it, and the escape tower seems a bit flimsy once separated from the rest of the rocket.  If I have the right spare piece(s) left over I might look to try and strengthen it somehow, as right now I'm worried it could lose a piece. 

Overall I think it took me about 70 minutes to build the upper section. That was just two bags out of 12 though. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: June 22, 2017, 07:28:45 pm »
48cm long/high.  I got a large Lego bag for mine, was able to carry it no trouble.

Just finished putting the S-IVB third stage together, and the C/SM, LEM etc.  At the moment the LEM is loose inside the housing as I can't figure out how to securely attach it, and the escape tower seems a bit flimsy once separated from the rest of the rocket.  If I have the right spare piece(s) left over I might look to try and strengthen it somehow, as right now I'm worried it could lose a piece. 

Overall I think it took me about 70 minutes to build the upper section. That was just two bags out of 12 though. :)

Cheers. Looks like I'll be busy for a bit.

If you lose a piece, go on the lego website and you can order them FOC. The crane had loads of bits missing, which I only found out over the couple of weeks it took to build (25 bags) Lego sent replacements for them all.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: June 22, 2017, 09:15:40 pm »
Cheers. Looks like I'll be busy for a bit.

If you lose a piece, go on the lego website and you can order them FOC. The crane had loads of bits missing, which I only found out over the couple of weeks it took to build (25 bags) Lego sent replacements for them all.

Yeah, I did that for my old technic set, but the piece I was missing was only available in pink.  And now I've found I'm missing two or three other pieces which is really annoying!  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: June 22, 2017, 10:08:05 pm »
Yeah, I did that for my old technic set, but the piece I was missing was only available in pink.  And now I've found I'm missing two or three other pieces which is really annoying!  ;D

Its a pain isn't it. My lad lost a piece from his X wing fighter in Orlando, so I ordered it from Lego and got it. I messed up the sticker on the other lads TIE fighter, so waiting on a sticker set to arrive in the post

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: June 22, 2017, 10:14:29 pm »
Its a pain isn't it. My lad lost a piece from his X wing fighter in Orlando, so I ordered it from Lego and got it. I messed up the sticker on the other lads TIE fighter, so waiting on a sticker set to arrive in the post

Well for a set that's 23 years old I still think I'm doing pretty well.  Dunno how many other missing pieces I might run into though!

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: June 22, 2017, 10:30:41 pm »
Well for a set that's 23 years old I still think I'm doing pretty well.  Dunno how many other missing pieces I might run into though!

Thought you meant the new set ;D

In the four large boxes of Lego upstairs, I have to root out the bits to rebuild Lukes X Wing, a TIE fighter, a Mini Imperial Star Destroyer and various other Star Wars sets that my kids promised they would not take apart once they had been built.......

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: June 22, 2017, 10:38:59 pm »
Thought you meant the new set ;D

In the four large boxes of Lego upstairs, I have to root out the bits to rebuild Lukes X Wing, a TIE fighter, a Mini Imperial Star Destroyer and various other Star Wars sets that my kids promised they would not take apart once they had been built.......

Oh I took my kit apart so I could build my new "Apocalypse" class attack ships, which surpassed my old "Liverpool" attack ship which I built as a static model from ancient lego when I was 17.  :lmao

I tried to rebuild it last year but missed a bit.  Now I've replaced it I realise it's not the only bit that's missing! ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2017, 02:50:07 pm »
Noticed someone selling a Lego Ghostbusters Set - Ecto 1 1st Edition on Facebook in Chester - Apparently worth £75 and wants £45...sure you could get it cheaper than like...if you wanted it of course...

Seller Robyn Hurst-John

« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 02:52:01 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2017, 04:03:34 pm »
I bought that Ghostbusters set new for £40 last September.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2017, 04:10:35 pm »
I bought that Ghostbusters set new for £40 last September.
Ooohh Robyn, you little fucking liar!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 04:12:35 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2017, 04:49:46 pm »
Done

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2017, 04:59:51 pm »
Very nice!
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2017, 06:17:45 pm »
Done

Typical.  I spent over £100 quid on a lego set, got to step 68 and found it has four incorrect pieces!   ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2017, 07:37:17 pm »
Typical.  I spent over £100 quid on a lego set, got to step 68 and found it has four incorrect pieces!   ;D

Brutal.

Part of me is toying with getting another and putting it away un-opened, but I'd probably open it and build it

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2017, 07:48:05 pm »

Always imagined you a bit taller buddy ;D :wave

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2017, 08:20:38 pm »
Always imagined you a bit taller buddy ;D :wave

Missus chopped my legs off

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2017, 08:46:33 pm »
Brutal.

Part of me is toying with getting another and putting it away un-opened, but I'd probably open it and build it

*cough*

I would never buy LEGO as an investment.  Some of the other shit out there that MIGHT be worth a fortune, yes. But LEGO - it's there to be built.  Build and stick in a glass cabinet.  I'd love to buy a cabinet and put in my LEGO display - not a lot i admit but until the kids have flown the coop then not much point

;)

I've gone to the lego website and requested the correct pieces.  Apparently they will send them free of charge.  I'm gutted in a way though, because an imperfection like that might have made an unused set more valuable - but there'd be no way of knowing until you tried to make it!  ;D

EDIT: Whilst I'm here, here's two pics of my other stuff.  My old Ice Planet vehicle - has to be my oldest (relatively) complete set, a good 23 years old.  The other is my old static model I built when I was 15 out of scraps.  Some of those bits are probably older than I am!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 08:56:17 pm by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2017, 08:52:39 pm »
*cough*

;)

I've gone to the lego website and requested the correct pieces.  Apparently they will send them free of charge.  I'm gutted in a way though, because an imperfection like that might have made an unused set more valuable - but there'd be no way of knowing until you tried to make it!  ;D

The website is great for that, I got loads that were missing when I built a technic crane and had stuff recently that the kids lost from new sets