Author Topic: Any vinyl junkies out there....?  (Read 70743 times)

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Any vinyl junkies out there....?
« Reply #160 on: April 30, 2015, 10:21:36 pm »
How's the Built to Spill album?
I think its really good, though I've only listened to it once through. My GF introduced me to them and she's much the bigger fan than I, she'll have a much more well-formed opinion. We saw them play about a year and a half ago and it was a great time.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2016, 12:06:38 am »
Has anyone imported vinyl from the US before? I've bought vinyl from the US before, and sometimes I had to pay an import tax, but it was never extreme. I've also been sent vinyl from bands I know in the US with virtually no import tax. Nothing I can remember anyway. I ordered Bowie's Blackstar from an eBay seller called spinetinglers_books with free postage. I have yet to receive the LP, and I've got the feeling I'm going to be stung. Any experiences with buying vinyl from the US?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2016, 07:37:52 am »
Has anyone imported vinyl from the US before? I've bought vinyl from the US before, and sometimes I had to pay an import tax, but it was never extreme. I've also been sent vinyl from bands I know in the US with virtually no import tax. Nothing I can remember anyway. I ordered Bowie's Blackstar from an eBay seller called spinetinglers_books with free postage. I have yet to receive the LP, and I've got the feeling I'm going to be stung. Any experiences with buying vinyl from the US?

Fine from eBay sellers but normally under the threshold.

They may be waiting for second pressing so email them and ask when it was sent.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2016, 09:12:50 am »
Import tax usually happens when they don't take off price-tags etc - otherwise you can call it a gift. I'd usually ask for them to do that if I'm buying multiple records. Kind of why eBay is a good bet... they rarely are priced.

I wouldn't worry too much about things arriving late - if they sent it UPS it could take a little while - it's a little cheaper than the alternatives. 

For example it's usually 20 days on Discogs before you are allowed complain something hasn't arrived.  I'd check out the terms. But lately I tend to avoid buying stuff from the US as the postage is usually astronomical.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: January 28, 2016, 09:29:44 am »
I've been burned with import tax before, usually when buying from the actual record company stores over there...bought two from Merge records and paid about the purchase price again in import tax. Luckily they were damn fine records...but still annoying. If it's an independent seller they are usually willing to mark the value of the package lower to save you the bother.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2016, 12:54:47 pm »
Cheers all. Much obliged.

It was sent on 12th Jan, so fingers crossed, it won't be the repress. I'm a bit of a sad geek I'm afraid.

All my vinyl are still in boxes, but I pulled one box load out for some reason and had them in a cupboard. Just went to see if there was an old box from the States to hand, and lo and behold! Yes... marked as a gift (which it was), $16 postage in 2009!

The ebay add said free postage, and the combined cost was £24. Still waiting...

Didn't they used to take a small rectangular nick out the sleeve of imported vinyl? Have they stopped that now?

Nothing better than receiving vinyl in the mail tho is there? I love a well packaged box of vinyl, properly done. I still have plans to cut a 35 cm vertical slice out of the wall near our door for vinyl deliveries, and have a cage for the post to fall into.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2016, 01:09:20 pm »
Didn't they used to take a small rectangular nick out the sleeve of imported vinyl? Have they stopped that now?

Nothing better than receiving vinyl in the mail tho is there? I love a well packaged box of vinyl, properly done. I still have plans to cut a 35 cm vertical slice out of the wall near our door for vinyl deliveries, and have a cage for the post to fall into.

I remember those nicks, got a few in my collection like that. Think it has thankfully been stopped by now though!

Thanks for the reminder about delivieries, just had to chase Juno Records about my latest...been two weeks and hasn't turned up...turned out there was a Parcelforce slip through the door I had missed...should get them tomorrow now, yes! The Congos, Flaming Lips, Aretha and some Stones that I was sadly missing...

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2016, 09:42:43 pm »
I remember those nicks, got a few in my collection like that. Think it has thankfully been stopped by now though!

Or a hole punched in corner.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2016, 09:59:00 pm »

Thanks for the reminder about delivieries, just had to chase Juno Records about my latest...been two weeks and hasn't turned up...turned out there was a Parcelforce slip through the door I had missed...should get them tomorrow now, yes! The Congos, Flaming Lips, Aretha and some Stones that I was sadly missing...

Had to find out about the nicks and it's got nothing to do with imports at all apparently. For years I thought they indicated 'import'. Years ago, when the internet was in black and white, we used Record Collector magazine didn't we, and it was our first real way to see sales lists and buy scarce records. And I'm certain I bought a record from the States that had a nick in it. Questioned a mate who knew far more than me, and he said it was for imports. They're actually bargain basement records... records that are almost given away to record shops for cheap sale as they couldn't flog them, and no royalties go to the artist. I have a f e e l i n g that my copy of Ween: The Pod (bought for £2.99 with much joy - I kept the price sticker on it) has a nick in it, so maybe that makes sense - that was in a bargain bucket at a record shop. Will have to check. Must be 25 years I thought it meant import! Ha.

Enjoy the delivery tomorrow. I bought a copy of Aretha Franklin's 'Aretha Now', UK First Pressing in Mono 1968 on Atlantic orange and plum 3 or four years ago... 'INCREDIBLY HARD TO FIND EXCLAMATION MARK EXCLAMATION MARK EXCLAMATION MARK ' etc. 30 quid. Ta. Put it on, and I was in heaven. It smelt great of course, but it sounded so so so good. I'm a romantic fool about vinyl - but it was so evocative. I was reading Nurse With Wounds' 'Nice And Sleevy: Andrew Liles' Favourite Album Covers' Bakers Dozen some weeks back and he says

I love vinyl, not in a postmodern hipster way, but for the full sleeve art, gatefold sleeves, inserts, coloured vinyl, all the fetishistic qualities that the fragile format offers. My own CDs sound identical to how I intend them to sound, the audio quality is far better than the antiquated format that is the LP. All this bullshit about vinyl sounding warmer winds me up. It doesn't. Shut up - technically you are wrong, vinyl cannot accommodate the full audio spectrum. But think of the amount of art you can squeeze on 12"s over the diminutive CD sleeve. Don't even start me on downloads… what is the point? I have a huge interest in art and collect it in all shapes and forms, but especially on the 12" sleeve.

I thought about posting a 'Fuck Off' retort, but wasn't enough humour there - and I totally know what he means, I can be a vinyl bore too, but that Mono '68 Franklin came to mind. Glorious. His album cover choices were shite.

Come on Andrew! Where was this!?

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2016, 10:16:27 pm »
They're actually bargain basement records... records that are almost given away to record shops for cheap sale as they couldn't flog them, and no royalties go to the artist.

This could be true. I recall picking up gems from the likes of Boots/WH Smith with those holes/nicks and much cheaper...

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #170 on: January 28, 2016, 10:38:16 pm »
I've ordered loads of vinyl from http://www.importcds.com/ in the US and have never had any problems. Pretty cheap as well. I also use Juno in the UK, again always happy with the delivery charges, times and price of the vinyl itself.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: January 29, 2016, 10:26:06 pm »
i have roughly 1400 and two Technics 1200. all genres. buy maybe 1-2 per month, tend to weed out records i dont listen to though. never dj-ed anywhere except for a couple of small private parties. might throw a mix out there soon though.

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: February 5, 2016, 05:26:26 pm »
Fine from eBay sellers but normally under the threshold.

They may be waiting for second pressing so email them and ask when it was sent.

Received my Blackstar vinyl today. Not too happy. Came in Amazon UK packaging! And it's the 2nd press. So not sent from US at all. Same fella is selling more copies for about £29 on eBay, but you can buy the exact same thing from Amazon for a fiver less. Everyone is on the con aren't they?

The way to tell the 1st pressing from the 2nd press is on the back of the LP... if it says © 2016 ℗ 2015, 2016 it's the 2nd press. If there's no mention of 2016 it's the first press. That's my understanding of it anyway. Could be wrong. I rang up Rough Trade and they said there was no difference, but I think there is.

Doesn't help that there's a small 2cm tear in the top of the record where the vinyl has punctured through on transit.

Still... I have the LP I guess. All I need is an amp and to get these records out of the boxes and onto a shelf. Need to insert a mini RSJ tho first.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: February 5, 2016, 10:38:05 pm »
I was in HMV the other day and saw a vinyl copy of Televisions 'Marquee Moon' was £18....I wondered how that compared to the £2.99 I paid in 1977, surprisingly its cheaper , £2.99 in 1977 is equivalent to £19 now! ....so no excuse if you don't own it....buy it!!

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: February 5, 2016, 10:46:31 pm »
Because of import tax, I left about 600 albums in the US. They're at my mate's. They've been there over 10 years now, along with a moded out Vespa and a load of other shite. I should let him sell the lot, as I'll never bring it over. But I can't let go for some daft reason.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: February 8, 2016, 03:06:17 am »
Because of import tax, I left about 600 albums in the US. They're at my mate's. They've been there over 10 years now, along with a moded out Vespa and a load of other shite. I should let him sell the lot, as I'll never bring it over. But I can't let go for some daft reason.

ouch. left 4-5 records at my ex girlfriends place in Toronto and that hurt enough.

just ordered:

Blanck Mass - Dumb Flesh
Boards of Canada - Hi Scores
Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works
Squarepusher - Burningn'n Tree

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 8, 2016, 09:08:34 pm »
Ohh, Fats. that's hard. Must have spent half a life over there no?

Original? Have always wanted the original. My only copy is a TDK. Very fond of my TDK's.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: February 9, 2016, 12:01:29 am »

Original? Have always wanted the original. My only copy is a TDK. Very fond of my TDK's.

nope, but its the second pressing from Apollo Records. TDK ?

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #178 on: February 9, 2016, 12:32:51 am »

I used to have the original until some twat nicked it!

Re: Fat Scouse's vinyl. Would you have to pay much/any import tax if you already own and have paid for the vinyl? I thought it would just a question of how much it would cost to ship the lot over? I shipped mine from the UK to Australia a few years back and I'm sure it was just the pack and send fees. Could be wrong like.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #179 on: February 9, 2016, 12:35:58 am »

Volume II sounds ace on wax.

On a different note, I'm moving to the UK next year. Stressing about bringing my collection over. Around 250 12 inches give or take.

Obvious modes of transport aside, any suggestions regarding the best way to protect these babies during the transit?

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: February 9, 2016, 02:21:32 am »
It's happened 3 times now. First was back in the 70's. Living/working away from home, bumped into a few lads that had nowhere to stay, so let them doss in mine. Came home from work next day, they'd done one and robbed my collection. I didn't know them but they were Scouse and skint, and I was only a kid. Still feel a mug saying it, but the shame's on them.

Next time was the early 80's. So, I'd got a good collection together. But ending up out of work and skint, I started dipping in, selling the odd album that I didn't really like. Before I knew it, the lot was gone.

So when I got to the States, I started again. Tapes and CD's this time. But I done a job in this house and the owner gave me a load of vinyl that he was throwing out. It was mostly shite, but it kicked me off again. And convincing myself I'd go back, I keep it at my mate's. And I've visited about 5 times now, but there's no way I'll ever move back for good. So, I'll probably sell them and the scooter next time I go over.

Well, my scooter days are long gone. And the computer's my juke box. Shite sound quality, but it's all there and free. Do miss the old days though, proper noise from proper records, rolling a joint on a gate sleeve and staring at it for ages. Nothing like an LP, don't let them go if you can help it.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: February 9, 2016, 02:22:44 am »

On a different note, I'm moving to the UK next year. Stressing about bringing my collection over. Around 250 12 inches give or take.

Obvious modes of transport aside, any suggestions regarding the best way to protect these babies during the transit?
If you're not moving here permenantly and going back to the same place, I'd leave them safe where they are.

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #182 on: February 9, 2016, 02:57:46 am »
If you're not moving here permenantly and going back to the same place, I'd leave them safe where they are.

I'm actually moving permanently, mate.

Offline DominicQ

• Kopite
« Reply #183 on: February 9, 2016, 04:52:38 am »
Got a few limited edition vinyls recently so decided to start collecting them. Unfortunately, I still don't have a record player and have no idea where to start. Any tips? I've checked about and I'm liking the look of the Pro-Ject Essential II. The only problem is, the USB version (which I'd prefer) is £80 odd dearer than the normal one so I don't know if there's something better closer to the £300 mark that's USB.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #184 on: February 10, 2016, 12:04:47 am »
Got a few limited edition vinyls recently so decided to start collecting them. Unfortunately, I still don't have a record player and have no idea where to start. Any tips? I've checked about and I'm liking the look of the Pro-Ject Essential II. The only problem is, the USB version (which I'd prefer) is £80 odd dearer than the normal one so I don't know if there's something better closer to the £300 mark that's USB.

Not sure about "better", but this one has had great reviews and is under 200 quid:

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/audio-technica-lp120-usb-turntable-with-at95e/555615-01/?currency=GBP

Audio Technica is a very good name in turntables and needles/cartridges.
We are Liverpool!

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #185 on: February 10, 2016, 12:19:46 am »

Pack them as tight as possible with a layer of bubble wrap if they are going in a cardboard box. Otherwise a couple of these might be the go:

http://www.djcity.com.au/lc-75b-litecase-lp-case

Whatever you do, make sure they don't stay in storage too long. A mate of mine brought some 5,000 12 inches down under, left them a lock up and Australian summer did the rest and warped a load of them. I did warn him!
We are Liverpool!

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #186 on: February 14, 2016, 05:59:38 am »
Pack them as tight as possible with a layer of bubble wrap if they are going in a cardboard box. Otherwise a couple of these might be the go:

http://www.djcity.com.au/lc-75b-litecase-lp-case

Whatever you do, make sure they don't stay in storage too long. A mate of mine brought some 5,000 12 inches down under, left them a lock up and Australian summer did the rest and warped a load of them. I did warn him!

Brilliant. Thanks for the tip :)

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #187 on: February 14, 2016, 12:27:10 pm »
In case the notches and hole punches have not been cleared up, it means a deletion, so the label no longer had it in their printed catalogue for shops to order from, but reps would let them go to the shops at reduced price, with the reduction helped by the fact that the artist no longer got a royalty payment on the deletions. What needed to happen was that the copy became imperfect, so other variations are a big R stamped on the rear, or the word "deleted", or the corner cut off. the worst one is the sleeve and label drilled through, common for RCA to do this. I have examples of all these. With this having happened, they could be sent between countries without import tax, as they are deemed used goods. Customs would open a crate, see the imperfection had been made, and seal it up and send it on its way.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: April 16, 2016, 08:31:09 pm »
What's the best vinyl player for somebody who is just starting out in listening to and collecting vinyls?

Just seen the Audio Technica LP120 elbow posted further up and that looks good, what's the best speakers to go with this as I assume they have no built in speakers themselves?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 08:57:35 pm by AndyMuller »

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2016, 09:57:26 am »
What's the best vinyl player for somebody who is just starting out in listening to and collecting vinyls?

Just seen the Audio Technica LP120 elbow posted further up and that looks good, what's the best speakers to go with this as I assume they have no built in speakers themselves?

What's you're budget mate?

How often will you use it ?

Do you need an amp too?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: April 17, 2016, 10:24:05 am »
What's you're budget mate?

How often will you use it ?

Do you need an amp too?

I'd be willing to pay the £230 price on the Audio Technica posted above, not sure if I need an amp but it doesn't mention that it's included in the description for the Audio Technica so guessing I will?

I will use it quite often to be honest as I'm looking to build quite a big collection of vinyls.

I'd be willing to pay an extra £200 on top of the £230 so overall my budgets around £430 for everything.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #191 on: April 17, 2016, 10:54:49 am »
I'd be willing to pay the £230 price on the Audio Technica posted above, not sure if I need an amp but it doesn't mention that it's included in the description for the Audio Technica so guessing I will?

I will use it quite often to be honest as I'm looking to build quite a big collection of vinyls.

I'd be willing to pay an extra £200 on top of the £230 so overall my budgets around £430 for everything.

They are ok but Project are brilliant players so go with either of these as similar price:

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-13352-project-essential-ii-turntable.aspx

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-3594-project-debut-3-se-turntable.aspx

Speakers - £99 for these bookshelf ones

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-2442-wharfedale-diamond-91-speakers-pair.aspx

What Hi-Fi rate them and I had them - amazing sound.

That leaves you some money for an amp:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/cambridge-audio/topaz-am10/camb-am10-blk

Get the above as works ace with both players and speakers (brother has them).

I would go to Richer Sounds as have deals on so can save a bit on advertised prices and get the amp and player then order those speakers from that website.

May push closer to £500 but you won't need to change that setup for years.

Hope that helps - DM me if you need anything else.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 10:56:22 am by Nick110581 »

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: April 17, 2016, 03:54:05 pm »
They are ok but Project are brilliant players so go with either of these as similar price:

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-13352-project-essential-ii-turntable.aspx

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-3594-project-debut-3-se-turntable.aspx

Speakers - £99 for these bookshelf ones

http://www.superfi.co.uk/p-2442-wharfedale-diamond-91-speakers-pair.aspx

What Hi-Fi rate them and I had them - amazing sound.

That leaves you some money for an amp:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/cambridge-audio/topaz-am10/camb-am10-blk

Get the above as works ace with both players and speakers (brother has them).

I would go to Richer Sounds as have deals on so can save a bit on advertised prices and get the amp and player then order those speakers from that website.

May push closer to £500 but you won't need to change that setup for years.

Hope that helps - DM me if you need anything else.

Spot on that mate thanks for your help! One last question, what would be the best stand for the player to be on? I understand a wood base stand would be bad because of vibrations and I'm not sure which type of stand would be suitable.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #193 on: April 17, 2016, 05:56:07 pm »
Spot on that mate thanks for your help! One last question, what would be the best stand for the player to be on? I understand a wood base stand would be bad because of vibrations and I'm not sure which type of stand would be suitable.

Mine is on a wooden cabinet.

DM me and I will ping you a picture.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: April 17, 2016, 08:45:19 pm »
*reads this thread, now wants new record player*

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2016, 11:01:47 am »
Where does everyone but their records online? Or is Amazon as good as it gets? I'd like to buy from shops but there's none near me that sell vinyl.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Offline smithng

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "On a stroppy little island of mixed up people"
« Reply #196 on: April 19, 2016, 11:46:36 am »
Where does everyone but their records online? Or is Amazon as good as it gets? I'd like to buy from shops but there's none near me that sell vinyl.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]
Only buy vinyl occasionally these days, but usually direct from the artist online store, but have also used http://www.recordstore.co.uk/ as well.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: April 19, 2016, 11:58:11 am »

Norman Records, Juno Records, various ebay sellers for me.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2016, 11:59:21 am »
http://www.recordstore.co.uk/ as well.

Glad someone else uses them too, just bought the Kevin Morby LP on green vinyl from them and was hoping they were reputable.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2016, 03:24:02 pm »
Badly need a new one, the alignment is off on the tone arm so when a record comes towards the end I begin to get distortion. Pretty much a waste of time playing 7s. I've tried fixing it and did get a slight improvement but I've given up hope.

Also for some reason all my Prince records jump on it now, honestly can't make sense of that one at all, I'm sure one of you might maybe know what's happening other than my player being a fucking piece of shit.