Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 21508 times)

Offline redpride9

• Legacy Fan
  • Sonic Booom !!
Re: Facebook
« Reply #200 on: January 9, 2008, 07:53:19 pm »
Facebook is very addictive to begin with, but it soon loses its appeal.
We won it 5 times........

Offline $unny

• Fuk Dat
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bye Bye Xabi
    • Wardrobe Mag
« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2008, 04:52:31 pm »
I didn't want to start a new thread but the new privacy layouts confusing me on facebook? What happened to the normal limited profile option? Cos now i don't know what was on it etc?
Kiss me where the sun don't shine, the past was yours but the future's mine...

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #202 on: February 28, 2009, 06:26:30 pm »
May I shamelessly draw people's attention to the following group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=65785341063

Ta :wave
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline chrisG

• Anny Roader
« Reply #203 on: March 2, 2009, 09:28:15 pm »
Facebook is very addictive to begin with, but it soon loses its appeal.
i agree

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: March 2, 2009, 09:39:56 pm »
I loses appeal after one day, i just check my inbox now. thats it. people sit there all day and night on it. Sad twats, wait there i do it on here, but at least its fun on here. Imagine sitting there and letting everyone know "**** is going to bed", "**** is going for a piss".
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline adamc_5*

• Kopite
« Reply #205 on: March 2, 2009, 10:06:43 pm »
I deactivated mine cos just cant be doing with it. Nob heads wanna be ur 'friend' that youve not seen in ages and wanna talk. Its like if 'I wanna talk to you I would have stayed in touch!'

Bit of a stalkers paradise too if u ask me.
To the 96 that passed away at Hillsborough on that fatefull day. Now looking down with smiles so proud, you sing with us as we sing aloud. You held us, guide us, get us through, I know Istanbul was down to you. And though the future is unknown, one things for sure... You'll Never Walk Alone.

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: March 2, 2009, 10:41:20 pm »
My sister has just tried to make me look a twat on there, and I've just had a go back at her, and she's wondering why.
Fucking idiot.
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline 4-2-3-1

• dyscalculic
  • Kopite
« Reply #207 on: March 2, 2009, 10:43:35 pm »
I deactivated mine cos just cant be doing with it. Nob heads wanna be ur 'friend' that youve not seen in ages and wanna talk. Its like if 'I wanna talk to you I would have stayed in touch!'

Bit of a stalkers paradise too if u ask me.

Felt the same. Might get back on soon tho... to check up on some ex's ;)

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #208 on: October 4, 2021, 12:56:19 pm »
In other news, the moon is a sphere and our drinking water is colourless.

Frances Haugen: Facebook whistleblower reveals identity
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-58784615
A former Facebook whistleblower responsible for a series of bombshell leaks has revealed her identity.

Frances Haugen, 37, who worked as a product manager on the civic integrity team at Facebook, was interviewed on Sunday by CBS.

She said the documents she leaked proved that Facebook repeatedly prioritised "growth over safety".

Facebook said the leaks were misleading and glossed over positive research conducted by the company.

In the interview, on CBS's 60 Minutes programme, Ms Haugen said she had left Facebook earlier this year after becoming exasperated with the company. Before departing, she copied a series of internal memos and documents.

She shared those documents with the Wall Street Journal, which has been releasing the material in batches over the last three weeks - sometimes referred to as the Facebook Files.

Revelations included documents that showed that celebrities, politicians and high profile Facebook users were treated differently by the company. The leaks revealed that moderation policies were applied differently, or not at all, to such accounts - a system known as XCheck (cross-check).

Another leak showed that Facebook was also facing a complex lawsuit from a group of its own shareholders.

The group alleges, among other things, that Facebook's $5bn (£3.65bn) payment to the US Federal Trade Commission to resolve the Cambridge Analytica data scandal was so high because it was designed to protect Mark Zuckerberg from personal liability.

But it's allegations about Instagram that have been particularly worrying to US politicians.

Internal research by Facebook (which owns Instagram) found that Instagram was impacting the mental health of teenagers but did not share its findings when they suggested that the platform was a "toxic" place for many youngsters.

According to slides reported by the Wall Street Journal, 32% of teenage girls surveyed said that when they felt bad about their bodies, Instagram made them feel worse.

Ms Haugen will testify before a Senate subcommittee on Tuesday in a hearing titled "Protecting Kids Online", about the company's research into Instagram's effect on the mental health of young users.

Last week, a Facebook executive testified to US senators that the leaks had failed to highlight the positive impact the platform had on teens.

However, Ms Haugen was damning in her assessment of her former employer.

"There were conflicts of interest between what was good for the public and what was good for Facebook," she said.

"Facebook over and over again chose to optimise for its own interests, like making more money."

Facebook strongly denied that claim, saying it had spent significant sums of money on safety."To say we turn a blind eye to feedback ignores these investments, including the 40,000 people working on safety and security at Facebook and our investment of $13 billion (£9.6 billion) since 2016," said Lena Pietsch, Facebook's director of policy communications.

Ms Haugen also talked about the deadly Capitol Hill riots in January - claiming that Facebook helped fuel the violence.

She said Facebook turned on safety systems to reduce misinformation during the US election - but only temporarily.

"As soon as the election was over they turned them back off, or they changed the settings to what they were before, to prioritise growth over safety, and that really feels like a betrayal of democracy."

Appearing on CNN, Vice President of Global Affairs Nick Clegg said it was ludicrous to suggest Facebook was responsible for the riots.

"I think it gives people false comfort to assume that there must be a technological, or technical, explanation for the issues of political polarisation in the United States," he said.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: October 4, 2021, 07:59:07 pm »
FB, Instagram and What'sApp all down today. Then EE went on the fritz too. Wasn't sure if people were even getting my texts at one point!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #210 on: October 4, 2021, 08:00:22 pm »
The end of the world is nigh.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #211 on: October 4, 2021, 08:40:53 pm »
I’m secretly hoping it all never comes back

I miss real life
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: October 4, 2021, 08:40:55 pm »
The end of the world is nigh.

There are millions of people wandering around like zombies with no idea what to do now.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: October 4, 2021, 08:47:16 pm »
There are millions of people wandering around like zombies with no idea what to do now.

They can start by looking up and watching where the eff they're going.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #214 on: October 4, 2021, 09:01:45 pm »
Enjoying the peace!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: October 4, 2021, 09:17:29 pm »
Not using any of their products so didn’t notice. Glad they are down and will lose money if nothing else. Horrible company.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #216 on: October 4, 2021, 09:19:24 pm »
Wouldn't hurt if it remained down some more I suppose. Especially Instagram ;D The only thing Facebook is good for is talking smack with mates on Messenger anyway.

I assume the Zuck is on the phone with stock insurers tonight either way. This can't be good for them at all to have a massive error like this.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2021, 09:21:20 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: October 4, 2021, 09:19:29 pm »
I just done a DNS Lookup on facebook.com and they have vanished. 

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: October 4, 2021, 09:21:08 pm »

Are those Everton fans still stuck in Lille?

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #219 on: October 4, 2021, 09:21:56 pm »
BGP issue, basically a config was sent to their routers which seemed to do the above. They can't revert it without physically accessing servers
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: October 4, 2021, 09:27:39 pm »
Fucking shite company, goes down every few weeks it seems. Facebook can disappear for all I care but Whatsapp is quite important for many people. Instagram is also toxic but I only follow travel accounts on there

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: October 4, 2021, 09:31:07 pm »
The latest I am reading is Facebook employees can't get in the building to evaluate the internet outage because their door access badges aren't working.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: October 4, 2021, 09:49:00 pm »
I have friends all over the world so What'sApp and Messenger are very important to me. Thank fuck I could remember the log in details for my old Skype account though!  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #223 on: October 4, 2021, 09:49:50 pm »
Don’t care about FB or Insta but use both WhatsApp and FB Messenger for some important group chats (esp a family one currently) so it’s caused a bit of mayhem. Thankfully iMessage working and we’re all on there.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #224 on: October 4, 2021, 09:52:56 pm »
All their internal email systems are down too…

Awkward

Although I have never used Facebook
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #225 on: October 4, 2021, 09:53:04 pm »
Don’t care about FB or Insta but use both WhatsApp and FB Messenger for some important group chats (esp a family one currently) so it’s caused a bit of mayhem. Thankfully iMessage working and we’re all on there.

The Digital Estate Agent Disposal Discussion survives...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #226 on: October 4, 2021, 09:53:53 pm »
Social media is pretty vital for me for work, could be a quiet day tomorrow!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: October 4, 2021, 09:55:58 pm »
Fucking amateur stuff to have your management access reliant on the same infrastructure with the same points of failure.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #228 on: October 4, 2021, 10:04:53 pm »

As in you need to access it to do your job? Or you just browse it all day when at work? In which case I sympathise!

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: October 4, 2021, 10:08:39 pm »
Looking forward to it coming back and see countless statuses of "OMG can't believe Facebook was down for so long don't know how I coped" etc.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #230 on: October 5, 2021, 01:16:04 am »
Looking forward to it coming back and see countless statuses of "OMG can't believe Facebook was down for so long don't know how I coped" etc.

"Let me show you a picture of the dump I took while it was down!"
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #231 on: October 5, 2021, 07:17:00 am »
Fucking amateur stuff to have your management access reliant on the same infrastructure with the same points of failure.
Is that aimed at redgriffin or face book?

What we thinking? Serious bitcoin changed hands to get back?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: October 5, 2021, 07:17:45 am »
Do you work in social media, or just rely on it
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: October 5, 2021, 09:39:54 am »
Just seen Nick Clegg doing damage control re the whistleblower. Just like that incompetent chameleon to be working for fucking Facebook.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #234 on: October 5, 2021, 09:58:45 am »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #235 on: October 5, 2021, 10:26:31 am »

PICNIC?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: October 5, 2021, 11:00:16 am »
Is that aimed at redgriffin or face book?

What we thinking? Serious bitcoin changed hands to get back?

Facebook. I mean things like their door access apparently not working and not having out of band access to their routers to revert changes.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: October 5, 2021, 11:25:29 am »
I reckon it's the start of the rise of the machines.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #238 on: October 5, 2021, 11:32:39 am »
I can't believe Facebook was down for so long don't know how I coped.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #239 on: October 5, 2021, 12:06:42 pm »
I can't believe Facebook was down for so long don't know how I coped.

wanna see a photo of the dump i took whilst it was down?
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England