Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1410988 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title, The Pack Chasing Us
« Reply #4040 on: January 31, 2019, 03:40:13 pm »
And if they do get all 9 points, it's not the end of the world. Keep doing our job and maintain distance

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #4041 on: January 31, 2019, 03:42:28 pm »
Do you think "the defence" thinks Oh It's January, let's be shit?

:lmao :lmao :lmao
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4042 on: January 31, 2019, 03:43:14 pm »
Precisely. I know they are a strong side, but surely eventually the 'they wont lose again' stuffs got to end. No ones got a fucking clue whats going to happen so all this run of winning every game stuff is odd, I've seen so many people list all the fixtures and have both us and City going unbeaten the rest of the season, first game after the predicitions... City lose

City have lost all their matches to teams outside the top 4 currently.. ok Chelsea were in the top 4 when they beat them at the Bridge, but now find themselves in 5th on GD.

Despite that the media shite being spewed by ignorant hacks is almost criminal.. City have wobbled once and could be in the middle of another..

Really think Arsenal will test them.. possibly Chelsea, if their players are up for it..

F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4043 on: January 31, 2019, 03:49:40 pm »
I grew up on the mantra that it's incredibly difficult, impossible almost, to win the Premier League having lost six games.

The only side to buck this trend since 2001 are, annoyingly, City in 2013/14. If they lose six games this season, though, I think that'll be enough for us to get over the line regardless of them drawing any games on top of that, as I can't see us dropping more than ten points from here.

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #4044 on: January 31, 2019, 03:50:01 pm »
Really think Arsenal will test them.. possibly Chelsea, if their players are up for it..

Hoping that a Suarez tears them a new one perhaps? :D
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4045 on: January 31, 2019, 04:43:43 pm »
I grew up on the mantra that it's incredibly difficult, impossible almost, to win the Premier League having lost six games.

The only side to buck this trend since 2001 are, annoyingly, City in 2013/14. If they lose six games this season, though, I think that'll be enough for us to get over the line regardless of them drawing any games on top of that, as I can't see us dropping more than ten points from here.

I think they will cough up more points, we just need to keep doing our job, relentlessly. That wasn't a good performance last night and I think Klopp will have us "angry" again for the West Ham match.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4046 on: January 31, 2019, 05:08:33 pm »
The irony of lads screaming 'bottlers' while simultaneously showing absolutely no stomach for the fight.

Well said sir!

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #4047 on: January 31, 2019, 05:48:20 pm »
It's a question of perspective. If we'd played first and drawn we'd have been gutted for a day and expecting the gap to close, and then been jubilant at the City loss.

If someone at the start of the week could have guaranteed we matched the City result I'd have bitten their arm off (City playing relegation battlers & us playing mid-table). To have actually extended the lead isn't to be sniffed at.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4048 on: January 31, 2019, 05:58:52 pm »
It's true, City are capable of going on a great winning run, winning their final 14 games.

But so are we.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #4049 on: January 31, 2019, 06:08:31 pm »
It's true, City are capable of going on a great winning run, winning their final 14 games.

But so are we.

I don`t think they are capable of that. They have a 2,3 point average this season.

I`m not sure I would count out Tottingham yet either.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4050 on: January 31, 2019, 07:22:18 pm »
Tottenham aren't in the race.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4051 on: January 31, 2019, 07:24:17 pm »
Still think Tottenham can't be counted out, we wouldn't say the title race was over had we won yesterday and gone 7 clear, Tottenham are 7 behind after yesterdays result

I don't think they will win it but it would be silly to discount them altogether just because its Tottenham

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4052 on: January 31, 2019, 07:26:54 pm »
Still think Tottenham can't be counted out, we wouldn't say the title race was over had we won yesterday and gone 7 clear, Tottenham are 7 behind after yesterdays result

I don't think they will win it but it would be silly to discount them altogether just because its Tottenham

They may finish in the top two but I can’t see them overhauling both us and City.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4053 on: January 31, 2019, 07:30:36 pm »
They may finish in the top two but I can’t see them overhauling both us and City.

Nah I don't think they will overhaul both definitely agree with you there, but I don't think they can be counted as not in the race as so many say. They would go level or ahead of City with 1 better result than them, how can they not be in it?

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4054 on: January 31, 2019, 07:31:10 pm »

They're essentially 8 points back as we have a better goal difference. They've lost too many games to be in the title race. They got the job done against watford yesterday but unless Llorente turns back the clock, they will find it hard to score goals without Ali and Kane available. Their games before they play us are: Newcastle [H],Leicester [H], Burnley [A],Chelsea[A],Arsenal[H],Soton[A],Palace[A].

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4055 on: January 31, 2019, 07:33:42 pm »
Nah I don't think they will overhaul both definitely agree with you there, but I don't think they can be counted as not in the race as so many say. They would go level or ahead of City with 1 better result than them, how can they not be in it?

They've already lost six games, and they are without both Ali and Kane for some time. If you look at their fixtures coming up before we play them at Anfield, only two I can see them certainly winning the rest can go either way. They've got a non existent bench due to injuries, especially in the attacking third.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4056 on: January 31, 2019, 07:34:37 pm »
They're essentially 8 points back as we have a better goal difference. They've lost too many games to be in the title race. They got the job done against watford yesterday but unless Llorente turns back the clock, they will find it hard to score goals without Ali and Kane available. Their games before they play us are: Newcastle [H],Leicester [H], Burnley [A],Chelsea[A],Arsenal[H],Soton[A],Palace[A].

Oh don't get me wrong mate, they've got a tough run and some serious injuries, but even if it was actually 8 points, I wouldn't count them out. I don't think they're a huge threat or anything... but i'm wary of counting them out. We've seen all too many times one weekend can change the entire outlook of the table comlpetely. I haven't seen them play without Kane and Alli so would be interested to see how they perform, having Son back is vital for them as he is the main man for goal threat with the former both out injured

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4057 on: January 31, 2019, 07:38:18 pm »
Oh don't get me wrong mate, they've got a tough run and some serious injuries, but even if it was actually 8 points, I wouldn't count them out. I don't think they're a huge threat or anything... but i'm wary of counting them out. We've seen all too many times one weekend can change the entire outlook of the table comlpetely. I haven't seen them play without Kane and Alli so would be interested to see how they perform, having Son back is vital for them as he is the main man for goal threat with the former both out injured

Btw this is has nothing to do with them being Spurs, just based on what I see and what they've done so far this season.Not that long ago when they got close to City after they had lost, they were in the race apparently, only to follow it up with a 3-1 loss to Wolves at home.

City have seven or eight match winners that they can use on any given night/day. that's why they're able to go on runs of winning 10,11 matches consistently. So even if Spurs overtook them, City imo would have more ability to get back into it and separate themselves from Spurs again rather then the other way around

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #4058 on: January 31, 2019, 07:44:08 pm »
The second half in possession was the worst I have seen under Klopp, and the 15-20 minutes around half time were the worst we have been defensively since at least 2017.

Yeah, yeah they say that everytime we lose, which is a rarity these days..
I suppose you didn't watch the Napoli away game?
What about the Red Star away?

Anything about the pitch and conditions last night that didn't look alright?.. What about the fact that all the top teams had a pretty poor showing last night? Does that suggest anything? I thought we gained a point on City?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 07:49:19 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4059 on: January 31, 2019, 07:45:01 pm »
Btw this is has nothing to do with them being Spurs, just based on what I see and what they've done so far this season.Not that long ago when they got close to City after they had lost, they were in the race apparently, only to follow it up with a 3-1 loss to Wolves at home.

City have seven or eight match winners that they can use on any given night/day. that's why they're able to go on runs of winning 10,11 matches consistently. So even if Spurs overtook them, City imo would have more ability to get back into it and separate themselves from Spurs again rather then the other way around

Its just how i view it mate, they've been inconsistent but I do feel they're a better side than they get credit for on here. Regardless of how many they've lost, they're one result behind City. City obviously have the superior squad and are capable of getting more points across a season, I just dont personally think Spurs aren't in the race at all. I always try to go by what is rather than what could potentially happen, for me the reality of the matter is they're only 2 points behind City, they don't even need City to lose, a draw with a spurs win and they're level. Again City are clearly a superior side, but that doesn't to me, mean Spurs can be discounted

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4060 on: January 31, 2019, 07:52:30 pm »

They need to go at 2.57 ppg to get to 90 points, which means they can only have 2 losses or 3 draws for the rest of the season.  They've done that before, but that's the best they've gone for an extended spell, so it's not highly probable.

Even if they get to 90, City, & more likely ourselves, will beat it.

Offline Fernando_Torres_Was_Good

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4061 on: January 31, 2019, 08:20:03 pm »
Absolutely no chance that Spurs are still in it. They still have Chelsea, us and City away - none of which will they win. They also have a north london derby, and they play loads of teams that are scrapping at the bottom to fight relegation. Would bet my non-existent house on them not winning it.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4062 on: January 31, 2019, 08:47:48 pm »
Can't be bothered to keep arguing it, nothings guaranteed and I think they're a good side who are in the race. Doesn't mean i'm right, doesn't mean i'm wrong

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4063 on: January 31, 2019, 09:01:56 pm »
Can't be bothered to keep arguing it, nothings guaranteed and I think they're a good side who are in the race. Doesn't mean i'm right, doesn't mean i'm wrong

Going by your own words you don't think they'll overtake both us and City so how they could they possibly be in the race for first?

So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4064 on: January 31, 2019, 09:05:25 pm »
Absolutely no chance that Spurs are still in it. They still have Chelsea, us and City away - none of which will they win. They also have a north london derby, and they play loads of teams that are scrapping at the bottom to fight relegation. Would bet my non-existent house on them not winning it.

That could also mean they have a chance of being in the title race, because if they did beat us and City, then they’d be a point ahead of City and 4 behind us. They have some control in the matter. If they didn’t play either of us, then they’d have to rely on us dropping points where they have no control.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4065 on: January 31, 2019, 09:59:04 pm »
Van Dijk's comments

Asked if he felt that there was an element of nervousness in the crowd, Van Dijk said: “It sounded like it.

“It didn't transmit to me and I don't think it did to my team-mates, but obviously you get that feeling as well from the crowd and I think it’s not really necessary at the moment.

“But obviously everyone wants to win so bad and that’s what we want as well but sometimes you need to be very patient.

“In the end it’s all about showing on the pitch and we’re not going to be affected by that.

“We want everyone to cheer us on and keep pushing even if we have tough moments, even if we’re 1-0 down or maybe more. We just need everyone to pull in the same direction and keep going, that’s the only way forward.”

Should be pinned to the top of the forum. All the 'what if's', 'we might win the league' all this stuff for me just adds pressure when it's not needed. Klopp must feel like banging his head against a wall sometimes but he has said a million times it's far to early for talk like that yet so many people just keep freaking out about losing a point here or there or not winning.

Like Klopp said only a child would look at the league with so many games to go and think we could win. There is so much more football to play and we need to just keep backing the team without any added pressure as it helps no-one.

People will disagree but even threads like this one I really don't like at all and wish they didn't exist, the more people go on about it and get nervous the more it builds up and doesn't help, it's like watching the build up and massive hype the media spout before a game all it does it add pressure, VVD has even said as much so we know it can effect the players.

Sad thing is I know it will fall on deaf ears but I hope so much people will just take a step back and calm down a touch, at least wait until April before we start shitting it. Do people have nerves, of course, I'm getting wound up more than I have before but I'm using that anxiety to scream my head off at the match to get behind the team, so it's actually helping me be more supportive using it that way.

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4066 on: January 31, 2019, 10:01:38 pm »
From the Echo:

It was midway through the first half when Jurgen Klopp turned and gestured for the fans behind him to calm down. Howls of anxiety had accompanied the sight of the unmarked James Maddison heading wide when he looked destined to equalise in front of the Kop.

The Liverpool manager's plea for composure on and off the field fell on deaf ears on Wednesday night. Anfield was suffering from a collective bout of title race jitters. As the Reds' grip on proceedings loosened following Sadio Mane's early goal so the tension levels were cranked up.

When Mane won back possession just outside his own box and then immediately gave it away with a stray pass, the sense of restlessness was audible once again. The groans kept on coming. Leicester preyed on those nerves and given a helping hand by blundering referee Martin Atkinson they secured a share of the spoils courtesy of Harry Maguire's equaliser.

Virgil van Dijk admitted that the players had picked up on it when he stopped to talk in the mixed zone post-match but refused to blame it on the outcome. “Obviously you get that feeling as well from the crowd and I think it’s not really necessary at the moment. Everyone wants to win so bad and that’s what we want as well but sometimes you need to be very patient. We just need everyone to pull in the same direction.”

Wise words from the Dutchman. It's not only players and staff who need to learn how to cope with pressure over the next three-and-a-half months. Supporters also have a huge role to play.

A deep-seated feeling of angst is understandable. Winning the title has become an obsession over the past 29 years. With every passing season, the longing has been cranked up. Fans want it so much that the second they fear that it's starting to slip away some lose a sense of perspective. All the near misses have left scars.

Klopp succeeded in his stated mission to turn “doubters into believers” at Anfield and now isn't the time for scepticism to creep back in. Anyone seriously worried about the stalemate with Leicester needs to give their head a wobble. Take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Liverpool increased their lead over Manchester City at the top of the Premier League table to five points with 14 games remaining.

If roles had been reversed and the Reds had drawn on Tuesday and then City had lost to Newcastle on Wednesday, the mood would be buoyant. Klopp succeeded in his stated mission to turn “doubters into believers” at Anfield and now isn't the time for scepticism to creep back in. Anyone seriously worried about the stalemate with Leicester needs to give their head a wobble. Take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

Liverpool increased their lead over Manchester City at the top of the Premier League table to five points with 14 games remaining. If roles had been reversed and the Reds had drawn on Tuesday and then City had lost to Newcastle on Wednesday, the mood would be buoyant.

This is a team unbeaten in the league at home in 33 matches – the club's best run since 1981. These are heady times at Anfield. They need to be embraced and enjoyed. Nobody ever said that winning titles was easy, especially when you're trying to end such a lengthy drought. There will be more twists and turns between now and May. Every game gets bigger and the stakes keep getting higher. Critics will be looking to pounce on any sign of weakness. Opponents will be desperate to throw a spanner in the works.

To get the job done, Liverpool need to remain as one powerful united force. There's no place for any hint of negativity.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4067 on: January 31, 2019, 10:08:00 pm »
Disappointing that Klopp had to do that for some of our thick lot to understand.

If you can't enjoy yourself and if you're that scared of failing, stay at home.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4068 on: January 31, 2019, 10:08:09 pm »
Spurs aren't in it, but they may be capable of influencing it?

Don't hold out much hope for Arsenal; the only big game they don't seem to bottle is against Spurs.  But they might snatch a draw against City.  Spurs tenacious streak may come in useful though.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4069 on: January 31, 2019, 10:10:11 pm »
Disappointing that Klopp had to do that for some of our thick lot to understand.

If you can't enjoy yourself and if you're that scared of failing, stay at home.

But understandable.  29 years.  We've been here before.  It's the hope that kills you.  What the fans are experiencing is a purely human reaction.  And for those living in Liverpool you can hardly bury yourself under a rock and wait until spring, can you?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4070 on: January 31, 2019, 10:13:52 pm »
But understandable.  29 years.  We've been here before.  It's the hope that kills you.  What the fans are experiencing is a purely human reaction.  And for those living in Liverpool you can hardly bury yourself under a rock and wait until spring, can you?

Yeah exactly. We're not City whose fans can live with the comfort that they'll be right back up there again next season if they don't win it this time around after they spend around £200m more during the summer. Or Chelsea and United who have been multiple title winners this decade. It's understandable that we'll be a bit more nervous than any of them. It's become a bit of a slogan for the club in recent times, but this really does mean more for us than anyone else.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4071 on: January 31, 2019, 10:18:20 pm »

It's a difficult one. Yes it has been a long time, but at the same time look how much football has changed. Look at what this present team is having to take on. The most expensively assembled bunch of players in the history of this league. Before this season started no one was expecting us to be anywhere near City, considering their title win last season. But this team has done incredibly well so far. While I understand the expectation and desperation is enormous for everyone, we have to accept it can a double-edged sword on the team itself. We've seen this happen before, its just crazy seeing the manager having to plead for patience behind him, during the game. He looked quite desponsdant after the match, as if realising just how difficult this is going to be. I don't know how we get over it, he will doubtless plead again with people, it was also interesting that Van Dijk came out with the comments he did afterwards.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4072 on: January 31, 2019, 10:25:37 pm »

That doesn't mean you collapse because of being scared of fail, enjoy the actual game and the players you are supporting. 29 years has nothing to do with this current group of players. Change the anxiety into a positive influence on the atmosphere

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4073 on: January 31, 2019, 10:26:33 pm »
I think people need to calm down a lot, for me the league is far from over and the tide could easily turn in a couple of games. If we are a couple of points in front or behind with a few games left what is the tension not going to be like.
Sit back and enjoy it whatever happens

Defensively we have looked pretty average recently , let’s face it Leicester could have won last night. If we can get that tightened up our chances will increase alot more imo.
The hammers will certainly test us in that department

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #4074 on: January 31, 2019, 10:33:59 pm »
Not much to add here that hasn't already  been said, without  recycling the same cliches and fears, lets just focus on West Ham, 3 points is imperative, we need to get back on the bike.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4075 on: January 31, 2019, 10:36:30 pm »

It is a human reaction but these are grown adults that need to fucking take stock and calm the fuck down. Absolutely no excuse IMO and any sane conversation should help calm down affairs but at the moment all I'm getting is people whipping each other up into a frenzy. The message from Jurgen has been one game at a time and it is time we took heed to that as a fanbase. Too many people doing calculations and quizzes on where we sit on the table and how we might be able to win the league. Well, let's just beat every team we have to play and then deal with other stuff later.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline brightside.

• Main Stander
  • If you ain't first, you're last
    • twitter
« Reply #4076 on: January 31, 2019, 10:43:35 pm »
to be honest the reaction to our draw against Leicester is surprising to me. We gained a point on City. What's there to be upset about? We could have been 2 points further ahead than we are but when I look at City this year, they don't seem to be the team of last season. They're the ones wobbling more than we are. I think many of the Liverpool fans are influenced by the "banter" of other PL fanbases. All of them are desperate to see us fail again. The draw against the Foxes has given them straws to clutch.

We will not relinquish our lead in the league and we will win it by scoring at least 96 points. Even if we don't, don't have a meltdown, it is what it is.
Is it just me or does anyone else feel Kuyt could pull a Forest Gump once he retires from football. Just run for years without stopping

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #4077 on: January 31, 2019, 10:44:09 pm »
I've just realised, RAWK didn't exist last time we won the league :(
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline ANFIELDGATES

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #4078 on: January 31, 2019, 10:45:54 pm »
Not sure what to make of last night and the reaction of the crowd. I watched it at home and had to be told on numerous occasions to sit down and calm it. I was shocked at how poor Atkinson was throughout the game and well,if he cant see that it was a clear foul on
keita then he shouldnt be refereeing at this level. The weather didnt help but neither did the team after we scored and the passing went casual and then the fans started to get antsy with every stray pass. We just didnt do enough to win it but as many have said,we gained a point but the disappointment is certainly understandable. Its going to be a really nervous run in and yes the fans have to be patient and after Klopp and Vvd came out and said to the fans to relax and not get carried away,maybe it wont be as noticeable next home game but we arent robots and emotions will get the better of many match days fans.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4079 on: January 31, 2019, 10:54:13 pm »
I've just realised, RAWK didn't exist last time we won the league :(

Neither did the internet in its current form.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.