Author Topic: 2nd best fans in the league?  (Read 7644 times)

Offline Eli_B (aka Badland Red)

• The resident lurking Saddler
  • Legacy Fan
    • My Mobile Blog
Re:2nd best fans in the league?
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2003, 04:52:52 pm »
Will only be in the league for 2 more weeks but I will now say W.B.A.

Very vocal and thier team were getting battered.

I met an Baggies fan (who i know from primary & secondary school) who i haven't seen for quite a few years. And he took the 6-0 drubbing very well consdering!. Also he nearly won some money after tipping Owen to get an hat-trick. But he scored another and my mate had no cash to collect from the bookies!. I geniuenly felt sorry for him, he knows that i've supported the reds (not forgetting that i respect his team).

Plus he know's that i've got a soft spot for his team. Overall i've got to agree with ChrisR the WBA fans were still vocal even though their team were getting a pasting from the redmen.
Walsall FC aka the red and white Saddlers. The innovators as well as the first sports team in England/UK, to sell the Chicken Balti Pie:

http://upthesaddlers.com/wp/ 

With a soft spot for the redmen of Liverpool since the League Cup Semi Final 1984. RIP to the 39 in Brussels and of course the 96.

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2003, 05:33:00 pm »
When ive seen the baggies on tv their fans have been class. And another thing is they have not once gotten on megson's back or the teams either.

They were great at anfield earlier this season.

Shit team, good fans!

Offline Brick Tamland

• Helllllo Jen
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love lamp
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2003, 11:13:19 pm »
Megson must of been embaressed, think he said so in the interview after. Getting his name sung for leading his team to a battering.

Good fans though, songs were a bit nationwide - but that's where they are from and where they will be next year (and where they belong).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2003, 11:14:08 pm by ChrisR »
"I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks."

Offline Andy G

• has just had sex. Possibly with Martin Tyler
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • They shot the wrong bloody Kennedy
« Reply #43 on: May 4, 2003, 07:49:52 am »
I remember going with a city fan to see them draw with Wycome (div 2) at Adams Park the last time they were relegated.  Stood in the away and thought they were dead funny.  one song went something like:

we don't win at home and we don't win away.
We lost last week and we lost today.
We're all pissed up every day
MCFC OK.

Went with the same mate to see them play wycome in the league (div 2).  30k attandance.  Impressive.

They get my vote.

I think an honourable mentin should be made to AC Milan fans too (although we've never seen them at Anfield)  That rentition of YNWA in ;89 still chokes me every time I think about it.  Brillinat
Emancipate your selves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Colum

• I'm looking for a row to happily settle down with
  • Legacy Fan
  • No more YES men!!!
« Reply #44 on: May 4, 2003, 05:36:02 pm »
WBA and Toon.
"in a universe that defies description, all systems of belief can only be false." -spare

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2003, 02:25:43 pm »
Brighton have decent support. Getting crowds of 4,000 when they were playing home games up in Gillingham, in Div 3

Away support is very high as well. remember going away to Crystal palace and took 5,000 supporters, 4,000 to southend a couple of years ago.....

Offline Evertonfc_1878

• RAWK Blue
  • Main Stander
« Reply #46 on: July 7, 2003, 12:01:09 am »
I don't really think that you can say a particular fanbase is the best or worst etc because we all have different criteria when judging fans.

For example on a personal level I respect those fans who support their team for the right reasons, back them when they are shit, and who travel up and down the country to support them.

However lets get this straight, Newcastle fans are certainly not the best fans, or the second best, or even the tenth best.  They are gobshites.

So to sum it up I think you can judge individual fans but not collective fanbases.

P.S Brum fans are funny with their "who" shouts when subs are announced, and the way they unite in their hatred for the opposition is also quite impressive.
Theorising that one could time travel within his own lifetime, Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap Accelerator - and vanished! He awoke to find himself in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own, driven by an unknown force to change history for the better.

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #47 on: July 8, 2003, 09:56:21 am »
P.S Brum fans are funny with their "who" shouts when subs are announced, and the way they unite in their hatred for the opposition is also quite impressive.

Yeah they did that when Carra came off for Owen this year...they do it quite well.