Author Topic: Racism in Football  (Read 149014 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Racism in Football
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2018, 09:50:55 pm »
Chelsea fans have been chanting anti-Semitic slogans tonight in Hungary. It really is back to the 1980s for these scum.

I wonder if it’s Brexit that’s bringing it all out again?
That lot never left the 80s.

Brexit, Trump and the rise of the far right across the world has put a spring in the step of racist cockroaches everywhere, but a lot of Chelsea 'fans' have never really needed an excuse or any prompting.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: December 14, 2018, 01:37:53 am »
Chelsea fans have been chanting anti-Semitic slogans tonight in Hungary. It really is back to the 1980s for these scum.

It never went away.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2018, 06:50:54 am »

Sadly it has never gone away in all sections of society.

Not footy, but last night the wife was watching Tonight on ITV, it was about the young royals. Some posh c*nt was going on about how just over 50 years ago the Royal Family was almost wrecked because Edward whatever his name married an American divorcee. He then goes on about Harry and how not only was Meghan an American divorcee, but also mixed race !!!! Just fuck off you racist c*nt, her background and the colour of her parents skin, or her skin, has fuck all to do with whether she will make a good wife or not.

Chelsea have had their racist element and links to the likes of the NF and Combat 18 for years, those people won't have changed their views over the years, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brexit has given them the boost to be more open again. One of the worst things is, these will be people my age, so they will have kids and grandkids who will all be being brought up with the same views.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2018, 02:51:47 pm »
Sadly it has never gone away in all sections of society.

Not footy, but last night the wife was watching Tonight on ITV, it was about the young royals. Some posh c*nt was going on about how just over 50 years ago the Royal Family was almost wrecked because Edward whatever his name married an American divorcee. He then goes on about Harry and how not only was Meghan an American divorcee, but also mixed race !!!! Just fuck off you racist c*nt, her background and the colour of her parents skin, or her skin, has fuck all to do with whether she will make a good wife or not.

Chelsea have had their racist element and links to the likes of the NF and Combat 18 for years, those people won't have changed their views over the years, but I wouldn't be surprised if Brexit has given them the boost to be more open again. One of the worst things is, these will be people my age, so they will have kids and grandkids who will all be being brought up with the same views.

True. It's always been there and it never went away. There is a strand of it that runs right through society. Sometimes it's more latent than others. At the moment it has suddenly become more acceptable in certain circles to let those views out openly. Trump and Brexit have certainly boosted the morale of the racist elements within our society and allowed them to be more bold. Out and out racists will always be vocal regardless, but those with more latent racist views lurking under the surface have certainly been awakened in recent times.

As you said, Chelsea have always had a racism / nationalism problem. The links with C18 and the NF, and their close affinity with the more racist / Unionist elements of the Rangers support in Scotland. Their anti-Irish stance saw them have murder with Celtic when the clubs played each other in London. They really do have some vile specimens polluting their fanbase and the England following too.

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #204 on: December 15, 2018, 11:00:05 am »

It never went away, Brexit has shown there are still plenty of racists about, and the referendum result has emboldened them. They used to keep it inside, now they're expressing it openly again. As John Barnes said, "if every racist at football was silenced, stadiums would still be full of racists." (https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/dec/12/racist-football-silenced-stadiums-john-barnes)

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: December 15, 2018, 02:14:04 pm »
You only have to look at the World Cup to see the stereotypes perpetuated there. I don't know why but the likes of Jamie Vardy - a foul character far worse than Raheem - was always given a reprieve for his diabolical cameo appearances (by literally doing nothing or being nowhere near the action) yet he's always considered a legend in English football for some reason?

Sterling was given constant abuse, and while he missed glaring chances, he always put in the effort adding the numbers to midfield and pressing well. He always put in a good shift no matter if he scored or not.

Vardy does absolutely nothing yet the fans still rave about him. Don't understand it personally. Is it because one is propped up by the deluded romantic ideals of English football and another is unfairly castigated for a material lifestyle no different from any other footballer? If we're talking about self-entitlement and egotism, then Vardy is far worse yet doesn't receive one bit of criticism. There's the disparity there.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: December 27, 2018, 01:16:57 pm »
Koulibaly racially abused by Inter fans in Serie A match

Strong and necessary words from Ancelotti, full respect to him for this...

There was a strange atmosphere, as we asked three times for play to be suspended, they had announcements with the speaker three times.

Koulibaly was certainly irritable. Usually, he is very calm and professional, but he was subjected to monkey noises throughout the game.

We asked three times for some action to be taken, but the match continued. We keep being told play can be halted, but when? After four or five announcements?

Maybe we have to take matters into our own hands next time and stop play ourselves. They’ll probably make us lose the game if we walk off, but we are prepared to do it. It’s not good for Italian football, seeing this.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: December 28, 2018, 09:45:14 am »
Ancelotti always struck me as a decent fella.

I think we all agree that football authorities cannot eradicate racism on its own, but they have to do something to show that they care. I honestly believe that the corrupt old men at the top of most leagues either don’t give a shit or are racists themselves. These two match behind closed doors “punishments” do nothing. There should be serious consequences, like playing ten home games without fans. Clubs will lose a lot of money and I imagine that the self policing amongst fans would increase.

Sadly, we all know that nothing will done for the foreseeable future.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: December 28, 2018, 10:59:16 am »
Kind of proves the point I was trying to make. There has to be a clear stance from people in power if things are going to change. Imagine being Koulibaly, I would get out of there quickly.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: December 28, 2018, 11:04:06 am »
Kind of proves the point I was trying to make. There has to be a clear stance from people in power if things are going to change. Imagine being Koulibaly, I would get out of there quickly.
Kompany made this point yesterday

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #212 on: December 28, 2018, 11:07:06 am »

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: December 28, 2018, 11:14:30 am »
https://app.football-italia.net/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.football-italia.net%2F132571%2Fsalvini-plays-down-koulibaly-abuse#article/footballitalia-132571

I’m sure everyone is delighted this guy has spoken up

Did anyone expect anything but denial and deflection from this race-baiting, ethno-nationalist twat?

Racism is endemic in Italian society, it really is shocking how far behind they still are, UEFA/FIFA should be stepping in as it’s clear the Italian FA are complicit and accepting of this behaviour.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 11:17:14 am by OneTouchFooty »

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #214 on: December 28, 2018, 11:26:06 am »
Italy is a failed state, or very nearly so. It's no surprise therefore that it's also indifferent to mass displays of racism. Not only is there no corrective action. There's not even any hand-wringing.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: December 28, 2018, 11:31:46 am »
First World country with Third World mentality. To be fair Bonucci got booed, that's exactly the same as monkey chanting.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: December 28, 2018, 03:46:06 pm »
Just walk off the pitch. One shouldn't have to do their job while subjected to racist abuse.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: December 28, 2018, 04:08:47 pm »

Racism is endemic in Italian society, it really is shocking how far behind they still are, UEFA/FIFA should be stepping in as it’s clear the Italian FA are complicit and accepting of this behaviour.

Are they though?

People are just a bit more careful to hide it in this country, though that is changing for the worse.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: December 28, 2018, 04:09:53 pm »
First World country with Third World mentality.

Bit of a generalisation and a superiority complex going on here.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: December 28, 2018, 04:11:11 pm »
According to some studies, indians ( the majority, because surely there are many exceptions) have weaker lungs and the least lean muscle tissue, compared to africans and europeans. Not sure if that's due to genetics solely, or the low protein diet.

Low protein diet.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #220 on: December 28, 2018, 04:36:54 pm »
Are they though?

People are just a bit more careful to hide it in this country, though that is changing for the worse.

Why do you think people hide it here? Alternatively, why dont people hide it in Italy?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: December 28, 2018, 05:06:46 pm »
Are they though?

True. The past few years have exposed a shameful and nasty underbelly that was always lurking below the surface, current events have emboldened them. I still feel we just about have a majority that abhor this behaviour and wouldn’t tolerate it, whereas Italy have embraced an overtly racist homophobe with open arms.

Why do you think people hide it here? Alternatively, why dont people hide it in Italy?

Possibly due to a lower ethnic minority population (95% ethnic Italian) and they are far less likely to get opportunities for representation and influence in politics that incidents like this are not condemned nor are these attitudes in society ever challenged.

Here if you’re caught being a racist twat, you’ll be roundly condemned/ostracised on social media etc. in Italy you’ll be probably get a pat on the back from the Deputy PM.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 05:28:43 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: December 28, 2018, 05:08:25 pm »
Bit of a generalisation and a superiority complex going on here.

Superiority complex? Why don't you tell that to the families of the 43 victims who lost their lives when a fucking bridge collapsed on them in August? Italy is one of the most beautiful countries in Europe, and also one of the most corrupt, hardly a fucking generalisation.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: December 28, 2018, 06:20:35 pm »
Superiority complex? Why don't you tell that to the families of the 43 victims who lost their lives when a fucking bridge collapsed on them in August?

Grenfell

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: December 28, 2018, 07:15:37 pm »
Why black players from Inter didn't protest or sympathize with Koulibaly? They were celebrating with the crowd the winning goal like mad.

https://youtu.be/pUfFa32F2rw

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: December 28, 2018, 07:54:00 pm »
Why black players from Inter didn't protest or sympathize with Koulibaly? They were celebrating with the crowd the winning goal like mad.

https://youtu.be/pUfFa32F2rw

a combination of being desensitised to it and not paying attention to it I’d guess. Have seen icardi condemn it on Instagram, as has zanetti and perisic

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br5TOJAn8ZG/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1d9hegd7l2w75

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br6JjODFSx5/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=9dsl03etjnbb
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 07:57:09 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: December 28, 2018, 09:56:55 pm »

That absence of logic and objectivity is where ugly stuff like racism thrives.
I'd be careful of that, there's cold rational fuckers out there, they have figures, books, sources, websites. They have logic, objectivity. They might be wrong, so wrong wrong wrong, but they will stare you down, they will talk you out. Call them c*nts all you want, they stare past you, to the people behind. Clean hands, callous thoughts. Dangerous cold fuckers, and icily rational. In their way of looking at things, to them, in their way of looking at things, which is not something they have to deal with because they have no problem with their way of looking at things. Scary dangerous fuckers, don't underestimate what they really do not give a fuck about.

(That's a response to your phrase, not to you, by the way. Racists and fascists hide under our assumptions that people are basically the same).
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: December 28, 2018, 10:31:57 pm »
I'd be careful of that, there's cold rational fuckers out there, they have figures, books, sources, websites. They have logic, objectivity. They might be wrong, so wrong wrong wrong, but they will stare you down, they will talk you out. Call them c*nts all you want, they stare past you, to the people behind. Clean hands, callous thoughts. Dangerous cold fuckers, and icily rational. In their way of looking at things, to them, in their way of looking at things, which is not something they have to deal with because they have no problem with their way of looking at things. Scary dangerous fuckers, don't underestimate what they really do not give a fuck about.

(That's a response to your phrase, not to you, by the way. Racists and fascists hide under our assumptions that people are basically the same).
yeah, you just need to see the reaction to when an immigrant commits a crime to see how that ‘logic’ works

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: December 29, 2018, 01:36:53 am »
First World country with Third World mentality. To be fair Bonucci got booed, that's exactly the same as monkey chanting.
Third world doesn't mean what you think it means. Ireland and Sweden are part of what was known as the third world.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: December 31, 2018, 04:09:51 pm »

What did he get booed for? If he just got booed in general it isn't even something you can remotely compare to monkey chanting let alone class it as 'exactly the same'.

/

Few more instances of racist abuse popping up in the news recently

Couple of spurs fans abusing a fellow spurs fan at the game against us and videoing themselves while doing it. You read the stuff they were saying and wonder what the fuck is actually wrong with people. Racism in general is disgusting enough but filming yourself subjecting someone to it to post it on the internet, how fucking stupid can you possibly get. I can't stress the irony in doing these kinds of things then proclaiming 'we' when talking about your club and its fanbase. Glad to say these c*nts were ejected from the stadium during the wolves game and are facing bans for their actions

Hibs fan caught racially abusing Hearts player Clevid Dikamona

« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 04:16:56 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: January 2, 2019, 04:39:23 pm »
What did he get booed for? If he just got booed in general it isn't even something you can remotely compare to monkey chanting let alone class it as 'exactly the same'.

/

Few more instances of racist abuse popping up in the news recently

Couple of spurs fans abusing a fellow spurs fan at the game against us and videoing themselves while doing it. You read the stuff they were saying and wonder what the fuck is actually wrong with people. Racism in general is disgusting enough but filming yourself subjecting someone to it to post it on the internet, how fucking stupid can you possibly get. I can't stress the irony in doing these kinds of things then proclaiming 'we' when talking about your club and its fanbase. Glad to say these c*nts were ejected from the stadium during the wolves game and are facing bans for their actions

Hibs fan caught racially abusing Hearts player Clevid Dikamona

Was taking the piss mate fucking hell, not exactly difficult to tell is it  :butt Bonucci was booed because he used to play in Milan and left after a season. If you could actually be arsed reading the quotes posted further up from the deputy prime minister you’d know this and would understand the context behind what I wrote.

Third world doesn't mean what you think it means. Ireland and Sweden are part of what was known as the third world.

Juncker: Italians need to work harder and be less corrupt

Corrupt as they come, the government behaves like that of a developing country then, rather than ‘third world’, although I think you know exactly what I meant...
« Last Edit: January 2, 2019, 04:40:57 pm by Broad Spectrum »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 2, 2019, 04:58:28 pm »
Was taking the piss mate fucking hell, not exactly difficult to tell is it  :butt Bonucci was booed because he used to play in Milan and left after a season. If you could actually be arsed reading the quotes posted further up from the deputy prime minister you’d know this and would understand the context behind what I wrote.

Juncker: Italians need to work harder and be less corrupt

Corrupt as they come, the government behaves like that of a developing country then, rather than ‘third world’, although I think you know exactly what I meant...

To be honest, you hadn't quoted anything so I read your post as what it appeared to me to be, an individual post talking about Racism in italy. No need to lose your shit, very simple misunderstanding. Haven't accused you of anything so no idea why the madness as if i've labelled you something instead of asking a question which again arose from a very simple misunderstanding.

Apologies for not getting your joke

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 2, 2019, 05:16:13 pm »
To be honest, you hadn't quoted anything so I read your post as what it appeared to me to be, an individual post talking about Racism in italy. No need to lose your shit, very simple misunderstanding. Haven't accused you of anything so no idea why the madness as if i've labelled you something instead of asking a question which again arose from a very simple misunderstanding.

Apologies for not getting your joke

There was a discussion after this post:

https://app.football-italia.net/?referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.football-italia.net%2F132571%2Fsalvini-plays-down-koulibaly-abuse#article/footballitalia-132571

I’m sure everyone is delighted this guy has spoken up

Anyway it’s just sad we continue to see this in Europe. I think if the players walk off the pitch next time and refuse to play it would send a powerful statement, and could start to make it more common place.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 7, 2019, 11:31:42 am »
Anyone seen this Hennessey stuff and his feeble excuse?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: January 7, 2019, 11:42:15 am »

it happens

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #235 on: January 7, 2019, 11:43:04 am »

feeble?  everyone waves with their other hand stuck under their nose don't they?
Believer

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #236 on: January 7, 2019, 12:05:50 pm »

Wayne at home after getting some decorators in

@CourtNewsUK
Chelsea season ticket holder who made 13 Nazi salutes at Spurs fans claimed he was just waving to his mates

See, Wayne, that's a *far* more plausible and not at all unbelievable excuse. 
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: January 7, 2019, 01:18:18 pm »

His excuse does seem poor. However people have mucked around doing Nazi signs for years. We have no idea on the content, doing a stupid Nazi salute doesnt make you a Nazi or a racist. Didn't Prince Harry go to a party dressed as one?  He's now married to a mixed race girl.

Now it may come out that Hennessey is a raving racist Nazi, but I doubt it, I also doubt that it would have been uploaded to Instagram if there was anything untoward.

However the timing is very unfortunate.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2019, 01:22:46 pm by Kenny's Jacket »
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: January 7, 2019, 02:57:46 pm »
His excuse does seem poor. However people have mucked around doing Nazi signs for years. We have no idea on the content, doing a stupid Nazi salute doesnt make you a Nazi or a racist. Didn't Prince Harry go to a party dressed as one?  He's now married to a mixed race girl.

Now it may come out that Hennessey is a raving racist Nazi, but I doubt it, I also doubt that it would have been uploaded to Instagram if there was anything untoward.

Likely to do with it being on Meyer’s Instagram and he’s taking the piss. But he’s in a position of influence.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: January 7, 2019, 05:38:16 pm »

I don't think people are saying he's racist, just that he's been caught doing something incredibly stupid and questioning why the fuck you would do it, which is a completely valid question

The whole marriage thing is a funny one. There's plenty of people married to or in relationships with people of an ethnicity they've had a great deal of controversial views and opinions on that one could consider racist