Author Topic: The Meh Scottish Football Thread  (Read 373044 times)

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: The Scottish Football Thread 2014/15
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2014, 07:16:03 pm »

A feel good story on how Killie were saved from going to the wall:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/28943049
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
  • DING DING ! All aboard the offended bus
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2014, 07:47:36 pm »
A feel good story on how Killie were saved from going to the wall:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/28943049

About in tears :) , what a great bloke .

JFT96

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2014, 10:02:52 pm »
About in tears :) , what a great bloke .

Just hope it doesn't affect his company as many other local businessmen have been ruined because they over-extend themselves for what is essentially a hobby.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 28, 2014, 11:18:01 am »
Just hope it doesn't affect his company as many other local businessmen have been ruined because they over-extend themselves for what is essentially a hobby.

Really hope not , our chairman father Eddie probably suffered health wise due to his involvement with the club even when he had cancer and was in his last days you couldn't keep him away , total fan though and everything him and his family have done for the club is appreciated , sounds like the same sort of bloke , think clubs our size need boys like that until we can find an even keel which we have , it's all good now though with youth coming through and the Scottish player being a more technically gifted one , Armageddon my arse :)
JFT96

Online Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #204 on: August 28, 2014, 02:24:08 pm »
County sack Derek Adams.

It's been coming.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: August 28, 2014, 02:38:59 pm »
Hes not had much chance tbf , wonder if Terry butcher would come back to that neck of the woods

Online Mr Dilkington

• Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #206 on: August 28, 2014, 02:51:39 pm »
Been a feeling up here for ages that he's been lucky to stay in a job this long.

I jokingly text that to a mate today. I don't think so.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: August 28, 2014, 02:58:31 pm »
Thing is hes hardly had the budget or the players to do much better, Butcher maybe set to high a standard for the area and he's being punished although selfishly i did think as long as he was in charge of Country Motherwell still had a chance of avoiding automatic relegation  ;D

Online Mr Dilkington

• Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #208 on: August 28, 2014, 03:01:08 pm »
Thing is hes hardly had the budget or the players to do much better, Butcher maybe set to high a standard for the area and he's being punished although selfishly i did think as long as he was in charge of Country Motherwell still had a chance of avoiding automatic relegation  ;D
Apparently the players hated him though Azi. I think because his Aul fella works up top they let it run as long as they could, but this is the right decision.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: August 28, 2014, 06:31:13 pm »
Funny this ,was up in Elgin today and have spoke to a few county fans and they weren't too bothered and even though butcher was at their local rivals they don't have a problem , very nice folk up there tho probably the nicest I've met in Scotland .
JFT96

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: August 28, 2014, 08:46:10 pm »

What teams like Ross County {and to a lesser extent Inverness} have done is amazing. I`m not being patronising, it`s true.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: August 28, 2014, 10:14:00 pm »
Lad a couple of years below me at school plays for Ross County, Scott Boyd, big central defender.

Cracking big lad...became a local hero when he beat Robbie Keanes Celtic in the cup.  :D

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2014, 01:17:03 pm »
Celtic have Salzburg, Dinamo Zagreb and FC Astra (Romania) in the Europa League groups.

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2014, 05:39:48 pm »
Hoping we can keep our 100% record till the end of this round of matches. Played 3 of 4 of the other teams that are meant to be competing for the title. Just got to play Queen of the South.

In other news. Hibs are continuing there form from last season this season. IIRC they've only won by a fluke goal in the league (not including the playoffs) since valentines day.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: August 31, 2014, 09:37:36 am »
Good stuff Helen , disappointed with hibs ,was hoping they would be challenging for second and keep the soon to go bust again sevco down .We had a tremendous 3-0 win and happy with 0 as our defence was our problem last year .
In other news celtic are an embarrassment yet again as they blame the demise of rangers for the reason they have not competed in Europe not the fact that they have a biscuit tin mentality , pathetic and only the most stupid celtic fan would believe such nonsense ,pandering to the west coast media yet again with the Armageddon nonsense , here's hoping they get done over in the Europa now .Its funny how 'Armageddon 'has only really effected the two cheeks of the one arse as sevco are again battling finance issues and celtic have no one to hate , at least domestic violence has gone down , while the rest of us it has helped realign strategies and get young players to the fore and enhance the game in Scotland .
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 09:39:15 am by dundeered »
JFT96

Offline ghirl67

• Legacy Fan
  • "Football without the fans is nothing" -Jock Stein
« Reply #215 on: August 31, 2014, 10:02:50 am »
The support are naturally furious at such a suggestion. Firstly, because it is not true and secondly, it is an insult to our intelligence to think we'd fall for such rubbish.  Unacceptable.

The money is there as are the facilities.  In basic terms, we have what we need to build.  The problem is not utilising and making the best of our resources.  Lawwell can get to eff with any suggestion our decline has anything to do with rangers.  It has more to do with him and the rest of the board being complacent/negligent/too tight fisted.

I did a quick assessment of our squad and there are about 9 of them (at least) who could leave right  now and we wouldn't notice the difference.   Our strikers are woeful and it has been obvious to the average Joe fan for a good while that Stokes, who is currently our best striker (it both pains and troubles me to say that) is nowhere near good enough for Europe.
"I got a bit of a slagging for it! Do people not know I'm a Celtic fan?" Kieran Tierney on asking his parents for a Celtic top for his Christmas (2017)

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: August 31, 2014, 12:00:09 pm »
Good assessment that ghirl , the same as a celtic supporting mate of mines has said , he is raging about this too , Lennon bailed at the right time and has been spot on about the lack of spending , I'm struggling to see the thought process behind it all .
JFT96

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: September 4, 2014, 01:20:19 am »
Seems like a certain team who need to raise a lot of money to avoid a second administration cannot sell sponsorship rights for their stadium.

Mike Ashley bought the naming rights to Ibrox from Charles Green for the grand sum of  100 pence.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 4, 2014, 06:44:35 am »
Armageddon 2 is on the cards , not surprisingly , you have to wonder when the fans will get involved and push for changes they seem to blindly accept everything they are told like drones .
JFT96

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: September 5, 2014, 04:57:08 pm »
Good news , young scot Ryan Gauld is in the Sporting champions league squad , really hope the lad gets a chance , incredible talent and clever lad going there to learn more about the game rather than look for money .
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2015/clubs/club=50149/index.html
JFT96

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: September 5, 2014, 06:55:06 pm »
Imran Ahmed wins 3rd attempt to get money frozen.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: September 5, 2014, 08:05:01 pm »
Ooft , can't be long until the shutters come down again , that's him ring fenced £650k of £1.2million , doesn't leave them a lot of wiggle room .I can't seriously see them lasting long ,it's like déjà vu .Hopefully if it does happen again the SFA don't bend the rules again and do due diligence on checking them out , as horrible a club as they are some of the fans don't deserve this .
JFT96

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: September 5, 2014, 10:17:42 pm »
To be honest I know they wanted them back in but surely they could have added conditions to the license. Ok they accepted the transfer embargo. Yet they got through division 2 and 3 paying premiership wages when they could have got through both leagues with a few SPL experienced players and quite a few youth.  I reckon if Hearts hadn't gone down for this season they may have got promoted with adding a couple more experienced players. But to spend the amount of money they have to get promoted from the lowest two leagues of scottish football is horrendous.

But this is getting beyond a Joke, you can't go more than a week or two without something new becoming public about the state of their finances.  Admin 2 is a very very real probability now.

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: September 5, 2014, 10:51:13 pm »
Also it does not look good at all.
Rangers retail staff now working for Sports Direct

I was so looking forward to winning the league by competitive means :(

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: September 5, 2014, 11:11:43 pm »
Also it does not look good at all.
Rangers retail staff now working for Sports Direct

I was so looking forward to winning the league by competitive means :(

I have you on the coupon to win the league anyway , so I'm no bothered how it happens :) ,
It's a sad state again that they are in , the fans are as much to blame in this as well though if that was my club I would have been standing at the front door long before now and organising or being involved in getting things straightened out , it's the fans club not the scrotes that have been passing it about and all taking a chunk , as much as I hate them I have a tad of sympathy but that wanes when the fans don't use their voice .
« Last Edit: September 5, 2014, 11:19:04 pm by dundeered »
JFT96

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: September 6, 2014, 08:41:18 am »
The trouble is the fans don't know who to believe,  every group vying for control says that they have the club's best interests at heart , yet cash just seems to drain away.

Everyone seems to be lying!

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: September 6, 2014, 07:43:48 pm »
The trouble is the fans don't know who to believe,  every group vying for control says that they have the club's best interests at heart , yet cash just seems to drain away.

Everyone seems to be lying!

That is how it seems.

The other problem is how long can Rangers financial issues keep being splashed all over newspaper front/back pages without them officially bringing the game into disrepute.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: September 6, 2014, 09:12:26 pm »
They will be allowed to do whatever they want as they always have , if they hadn't came back the same horrible club as the previous incarnation I would have had more sympathy , same attitudes same problems pity that , Och well , I would imagine the boy king will be waiting in the wings to pick them up for very little and start over again .
JFT96

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: September 6, 2014, 09:54:41 pm »
I would imagine the boy king will be waiting in the wings to pick them up for very little and start over again .

From what I understand King isn't allowed to take (much) money out of South Africa.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: September 6, 2014, 10:02:46 pm »
Yeah seen something about that , he's ideal for them though eh :) .
All joking aside they have been unbelievably badly run and have been allowed to do this under the full knowledge of the SFA and SPFL , surely they should be involved and making sure that they are running properly or at least asking the question about money , I can only see this ending badly for them .
JFT96

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 7, 2014, 03:46:18 pm »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29087653

In his statement to the judge before the ruling, Rangers QC Alan Summers said the company was not verging on insolvency but was not in rude health.

He said it was "trading out of difficulties".

Mr Summers said funds were available if the finding went against Rangers FC, which currently has £1.2m in the bank.

However, Mr Ahmad's QC said a "pattern of diminishing working capital is evident".

He said: "There is no concrete evidence that there is a saviour (for Rangers)."

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: September 7, 2014, 04:05:45 pm »
As far as I have seen they have wage bills of 700k per month , they currently have less than that in the bank , it will be very tight for them , anyhow looking forward to the match tonight fully expect to get walloped but will give us an idea of where we have reached with recent improvements under strachan .A sunday night at 7:45 tho what are they trying to do make us all teetotal , stupid timing for a game .
JFT96

Offline Reheat Red

• Kopite
« Reply #232 on: September 8, 2014, 09:58:42 pm »
King's been silent for so long I think he's waiting for things to come to a head then buy us out of the grubber rather than give the current lot a huge pay off, risky strategy but he has lost millions before.

Big flaw in that plan is a 25 point deduction as well which would virtually hand the title to Hearts, not sure we can survive being in these lower leagues any longer. 

Offline Reheat Red

• Kopite
« Reply #233 on: September 8, 2014, 10:00:23 pm »
I have you on the coupon to win the league anyway , so I'm no bothered how it happens :) ,
It's a sad state again that they are in , the fans are as much to blame in this as well though if that was my club I would have been standing at the front door long before now and organising or being involved in getting things straightened out , it's the fans club not the scrotes that have been passing it about and all taking a chunk , as much as I hate them I have a tad of sympathy but that wanes when the fans don't use their voice .
There's been a fair few protests and season tickets dropped by about 13000, fans are in between a rock and a hard place though. 

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: September 9, 2014, 01:11:49 pm »
King's been silent for so long I think he's waiting for things to come to a head then buy us out of the grubber rather than give the current lot a huge pay off, risky strategy but he has lost millions before.

Big flaw in that plan is a 25 point deduction as well which would virtually hand the title to Hearts, not sure we can survive being in these lower leagues any longer. 

There is another plan or two, but you (the Rangers fans) won't be happy with at least one of them.
One is selling Murray Park, paying back the security on it to the Scottish Sports Council and either leasing it back or finding somewhere else to train. The other is selling and then leasing back Ibrox. However they both will just add to the cash drain out of the club.

You also have to add in legal challenges surronding Admin/Liquidation that are still making their way through the courts, which would affect a second administration to make it unfavourable.  Administration might not be the favoured option, but it should, if it is done properly, stabilise the clubs finances, and allow them to rebuild sensibly.
« Last Edit: September 9, 2014, 01:16:17 pm by helen the llama »

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: September 9, 2014, 05:36:59 pm »
On a brighter note Ryan Gauld scored 2 and set up the other in an under 21 win over Luxembourg , here's hoping he gets moved up to the full squad soon we are screaming out for some creativity .
JFT96

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: September 12, 2014, 05:22:25 pm »
Anything happening in Scottish Football?

Not bad against Germany.

That Rangers Lot have paid off their latest harasser:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-29170975

Is this a good thing? Some fans don`t think so. It doesn't fit with the never forget/never forgive ethos. But they might have saved money.

And issued/sold more shares:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29180677

I can`t actually tell if this is good for the club {as in supporters rather than the latest lot of venture capitalists...}

Hey, this is more fun than talking about the Referendum.

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: September 12, 2014, 05:54:36 pm »
very good against Germany , robbed when the boy should have been sent off, might still have not won but it would have been interesting.

Got Hamilton at home tomorrow ,and a 3PM kick off , so should be in boozer by 11 ,back to proper football
JFT96

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: September 12, 2014, 09:18:22 pm »
thing is if we dont get anything against Georgia then nothing will have really changed, Last couple of years we've managed to put in a performance against the big boys - italy at home france home and away fuck even under Voghts we managed a decent performance against Holland at home, we need those kind of performances against the other teams in the group

Offline dundeered

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: September 14, 2014, 02:49:36 pm »
Celtic player accused of racism , why would a player say he was abused if he wasn't ,though not pointing any fingers , will see how it pans out .

http://www.sundaypost.com/sport/football/celtic-s-tonev-in-racism-storm-1.574873

Aberdeen have reported Celtic star Aleksander Tonev for allegedly racially abusing Shay Logan.

The Pittodrie club reported the Bulgarian internationalist to referee Bobby Madden at the end of their 2-1 defeat at Parkhead yesterday.

It’s understood Logan is adamant the winger racially abused him on two separate occasions during the first-half of yesterday’s lunchtime kick-off. Logan informed the Aberdeen coaching staff as soon as he reached the away dressing-room at the interval, and was extremely upset.

Dons boss Derek McInnes informed his opposite number, Ronny Deila, of the situation – as well as his assistant John Collins – just before the beginning of the second-half.

Tonev was already back on the pitch by then, and wasn’t confronted by both Deila and Collins until the end of the match.

The Sunday Post understands the 24-year-old vehemently denied the allegations, and insisted he never abused his opponent. But it will now be up to the SFA to try and establish if the allegations can be proven when a probe gets underway.

Both players and both managers are likely to be contacted by the SFA Disciplinary Department, as will referee Madden.

However, an SFA insider suggested it will be almost impossible to substantiate Logan’s claims.
JFT96