Author Topic: Haven Holidays  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
Haven Holidays
« on: June 22, 2017, 02:10:00 pm »
At the point of booking to take the kids away in the summer holidays and have narrowed down the list to just go with Haven. Have been on their site and trip advisor etc etc but would be good to hear from anyone on here if you have been there and which one it was you went to. Get paid my bonus tomorrow so planning to get the down payment put down.

Cheers in advance  :wave
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Re: Haven Holidays
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 02:27:51 pm »
At the point of booking to take the kids away in the summer holidays and have narrowed down the list to just go with Haven. Have been on their site and trip advisor etc etc but would be good to hear from anyone on here if you have been there and which one it was you went to. Get paid my bonus tomorrow so planning to get the down payment put down.

Cheers in advance  :wave

Done Devon Cliffs & Pwllheli & our kids loved both of them.
If you can afford it upgrade to the best Caravan in your budget.
Dunno if things have changed since we last went but the heated outside pool in Devon was decent..the rapids,chutes & slide in the swim pool in Wales were good fun too.
Hope you catch a good weather week mate.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 02:33:10 pm »
Cheers mate, is that one called Presthaven?

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 03:50:02 pm »
Cheers mate, is that one called Presthaven?

Nah thats the one by Rhyl & i'd forgotten I'd been there it was that good!  :D
That was 10+ years ago & may well have improved since then,that & a John Fowler park in Cornwall are the ones i tend to forget about.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 04:22:57 pm »
Have done both Hafan Y Mor (Pwhelli) and Presthaven Sands in the past few years. Both good sites, the Presthaven one is ace for the dunes and walks on the beach, plus the drive is an hour less - go past Deeside and through Flint if you pick Presthaven. The beach at Pwhelli is shite now, it was dead sandy when I was a kid, its all covered in stones now.
The water stuff is better at Hafan, they don't have the slides or wave pool at Presthaven that they have at Pwhelli.

As said, get the best van you can afford, the central heated ones are the best - they can get really cold of a night. We got upgraded to one with a decking at Hafan, was lovely.

Presthaven itself has absolutely nothing, so be prepared to stay on site.
There's loads of coin push games in the arcades that take 2p's, the kids loved them. Both sites have a spar on site, there is an Asda in Phwelli town itself, think presthaven has a Tesco. Both have a Papa Johns, chippy and Burger King, plus the pub the Mash and Barrel.

Of the two Hafan Pwhelli is the better site, my wife says go for that if you can, but both are good sites..
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 04:36:45 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 05:15:09 pm »
Yep second that Rob.
Last time i went there was a weekly market on the main car park in the town too at Pwelly,with the asda there was also an Iceland for those who self cater.

The mrs has just reminded me of going to aberystwyth quay west too  ;D, my memory normally ain't bad but forgiven for another forgettable trip where the clutch went on my car which i lost for 5 days & got fucked about goodo by the rac..full refund eventually.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 05:26:08 pm »
My Dad was (still is) a bit of a knob, when we were kids he'd hire a car for a week, at the weekend we'd drive from Kirkby to Pwhelli, go the beach or day visit Butlins, drive home that night, then drive back on the Sunday and do it again!!!!

Those days as you will remember, it was cross country and through the 5p toll at Portmadoc. Got our worst ever sunburn at Pwhelli one glorious summer day.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2017, 09:34:23 pm »
was as haven in prestatyn last week, kids love it, nice beach, good walks, been twice now cant fault it.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2017, 10:45:59 pm »
Devon Cliffs was excellent, had a memorable time there. Went to a few days out nearby. Canonteign Falls on a sunny day and Kents Cavern were brilliant.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2017, 05:18:32 pm »
Stayed in the green acres one on black rock sands in portmadoc ( pretty certain it's a haven ) hadn't stayed in a caravan for thirty years but it was brilliant . Black rock sands itself is fabulous and there's portmadoc , criccieth and portmerion close by . Would highly recommend that ...two days after we left Keith Chegwin was doing a show there ..just my luck

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 10:52:40 am »
Thanks all, very helpful. I'm on the live chat to them at the moment.

Final question, for those of you that have been, have you been able to wait until the last minute to get a deal or did you buy in advance? Wanting to go w/c 14/8 but they are saying there might not be any offers for that week (currently offers only run until 7/8)

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 10:57:06 am »
One extra question...

I see they do apartments aswell. At Hafan Y Mor, the apartment is the cheapest thing they have left. Have any of you stayed in the apartments?

Update - I have now booked a comfort apartment at Hafan Y Mor so if you have any bad feedback about the apartments keep it to yourself  :-X  :o 

All good feedback gratefully received!  :wave
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 12:44:15 pm by Rysoph76 »

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 02:22:14 pm »
Experienced a really close shave at one of these holiday parks in my youth!

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 04:55:13 pm »

It's occurred to me that this site must be where the old Butlins was in Pwllheli. Went there with mates when I was 17  :o What happens in Pwllheli stayed in Pwllheli!!

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 07:07:35 pm »
A shaven haven. c*nt of a place.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 07:15:15 pm »
Oh no not the comfort apartments  ;D

Offline Rysoph76

• Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 03:14:55 pm »
Oh no not the comfort apartments  ;D
:wanker I will spend the next 46 days only looking at the glossy haven website pics and none of the trip advisor 'true holiday pics'!