Author Topic: PL: Liverpool (4) Salah 20', Mane 46', 52, S v West Ham (0) 12.08.18 KO 13.30pm.  (Read 52918 times)

Offline U-238A

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The perfect start to what I feel will be a great season. Milner bores me. Too consistently good for my liking.

West Ham were absolutely terrible all over the pitch. We did our job fine but didn't need to get out of third gear. No more or less confident about the season than I was 24hrs ago.

Fixture list gets serious now through to the City game on 7th October. By that point we'll know whereabouts we're up to.

Wish I had your confidence. To not be phased and "business as usual" when we beat a team 4-0...

We played well. I have no doubt the Hammers will do us a few favours this season and take points off our rivals.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
That Roma fan was right, Alisson is terrifying to watch but it all seems to work out.

Online G Richards

• Legacy Fan
West Ham will finish in the top half as they are a decent team. We were good, and will get even better. There’s goals galore in this team, and the depth is also much better than before. Once VVD arrived the defence improved leaps and bounds and we give up few shot and keep clean sheets. With the addition of Alisson and the emergence of two very good fullbacks, I think our defence will be one of, if not the best in the league this season. I was glad Gomez got the nod alongside VVD. With the others out, hopefully he grabs his chance as there’s so much potential there.

Great start to the season. Tough game at Crystal Palace, but hopefully we will claim all 3 points. 

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Do we really have to wait another week to see them play again?
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Do we really have to wait another week to see them play again?

Worse, we have to wait eight-and-a-half days. God how I hate Monday Night Football - for me that's early Tuesday morning, an eternity away.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
Couldn't have asked for a nicer opener to the season.  My God it's been a long wait.  Everybody did pretty well, but I have to give a special mention to James Milner.  The man is a warrior!  Ribena jokes aside, he may not be a 'Youtube compilation' player but he's still an integral part of the squad.  I love the bloke to bits.  Other than that, nice to see Sadio and Mo quickly out of the blocks and Naby is going to be some player for usonce he fully settles into the league.  Good times lads.

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
Absolutely love these types of wins. Comfortable, clinic and not even playing to the best of our capability. 2 things that constantly stood out to me during the game:

- Keita & Robertson link up play is only gonna get better  :lickin
- VVD is becoming the player you almost never have to worry about. He's just there.
- Mane still looks better on the right?
- Gini always seems to get the ball stuck under his feet when dribbling at pace.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
You know what, when I watched us, Man City, and all the other matches I got to watch this weekend, three teams felt like it was business as usual, almost a continuation from last season. Man City obviously. Liverpool also seemed like it was a back in the flow of things kinda deal, same stuff new season, rip them apart stuff, and funnily enough Bournemouth. Not in the same breath as us or Man City but the continuity of Eddie Howe being there and his particular style seemed very fluid from last season.

Some teams with influxes of new players or new managers consequently change their styles or patterns to fit the ideas of the manager or the abilities of the players. But for us and City it seems like a fluid integration of last years work being inculcated immediately with new players seamlessly fitting in or even adding a little more. I hope this continues throughout the season but I don't think I have ever seen us play this way with this force from the beginning of a season since I started following football in the early 90's.

There was always anticipation and wonder at what new names would bring to the team, but this feels different than every year before that. Something special is happening. Whether we win the league or not, we WILL be fighting for it like never before since the dawn of the newly formed 'Premiership'. We have had chances and we have been underdogs with a dark horse 'Oh hello We could actually do it!' in Rafa's and Rodgers' days. But the way Jurgen has got us playing. It is breathtakingly brutal.

Again I reiterate, we may not win it, but we are gonna have a damn good try and we are gonna make teams shit themselves while we do it. It is awesome!

Come on Redmen! Again again again! Same stuff every match please! N maybe get out of 2nd or 3rd gear next time :D :D :D

Offline Chig

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA!
I thought City was not up to their usual standard at all. Their performance were really disjointed. Anyway, how good are we? Really belief that we can mount a serious title challenge this season. Bring on the owl!!
KD7 SG8 RF9 JB10

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Thank god Shaqiri became a footballer because there is no way he could make it as a poker player, his face shows his emotions before his brain even thinks them  ;D

No wonder he got a "rep" after 3 years at Stoke. Completely unable to bullshit or not care his way past his disgust and depression. And now hes like a formerly mistreated puppy shown some love he just wants to make Klopp happy and get a belly rub hug.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
Only 13 pages for a win lol... woot still high
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
I have to give a special mention to James Milner.  The man is a warrior!

Trust me, I was saying the same before the game. Milner is such a good captain! He played soo well, especially with delivering the ball in the box. Soo glad to have captain like him!
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
Thank god Shaqiri became a footballer because there is no way he could make it as a poker player, his face shows his emotions before his brain even thinks them  ;D

No wonder he got a "rep" after 3 years at Stoke. Completely unable to bullshit or not care his way past his disgust and depression. And now hes like a formerly mistreated puppy shown some love he just wants to make Klopp happy and get a belly rub hug.

Xhar-pei Shaqiri
Better looking than Samie.

Offline El_Pelusa_10

• Kopite
  • Diego Armando Maradona-Greatest Player Of All Time
Its the weirdest thing. Normally Im a bag of nerves about Liverpool breaking teams down and the stupid draws and losses we've had over the years due to chances but yesterday was weirdly different. I was relatively calm as it just seemed we were on a different level and always looked comfortable and it was like it really was only a matter of time - which it ended up being.

We were brilliant - out balls absolute everywhere. Alisson is also a great out ball all the time now and it makes a difference to moves. Couldnt have asked for more yesterday from the team

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
The left hand, hand dryer in block 205 toilets, was broke.

Spoiled a good day if am honest.

You didn't miss much. Those hand driers are like being breathed on by an asthmatic cat.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The buzz around Anfield before the game was great yesterday.

Keita was excellent. Shame there’s 8 days of waiting now for the next game.

Good training time though.
YNWA.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
No, West Ham weren't terrible in and of themselves- we absolutely killed any incentive, creativity or any sort of buildup in midfield. Our midfield was too good for them.
They look a good team and they've got a good manager.
I can see Arnautovic deliver some top-class performances this season. Yesterday though- we were too good.

Was this Liverpool 2 seasons ago, we'd either have lost,drawn, or narrowly won; but we've gone up levels! So good our own supporters don't even recognise it.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 07:10:08 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Everyone said before the game what a biased twat that Manc shitbag would be and that's the way it turned out.

Yes we were brilliant and we played above his efforts to deny us a win but him and his shithouse linesmen shouldn't be able to get away with that. Every little decision was shite and some of the bigger ones were laughable.

Liverpool should be taking legal action against this utter bellend.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Everyone said before the game what a biased twat that Manc shitbag would be and that's the way it turned out.

Yes we were brilliant and we played above his efforts to deny us a win but him and his shithouse linesmen shouldn't be able to get away with that. Every little decision was shite and some of the bigger ones were laughable.

Think we've all said this now, but there is no way a referee from Wythenshawe, from a Utd supporting family, should be anywhere near ours or their games. There is no fucking way on earth he only supported Altrincham. He's really trying to claim, and his bosses believe it, that when they were winning the league etc he sat there totally disinterested? Like I said yesterday, local side to me is Trafford FC, I know kids who play for them and go to their games and they all support Utd.

Talking of Manc shithouses, Neville is fucking terrified of us now, he knows we are a proper challenger now ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan

Like the offside goal we scored? Yeah, we should be taking legal action over it.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Think we've all said this now, but there is no way a referee from Wythenshawe, from a Utd supporting family, should be anywhere near ours or their games. There is no fucking way on earth he only supported Altrincham. He's really trying to claim, and his bosses believe it, that when they were winning the league etc he sat there totally disinterested? Like I said yesterday, local side to me is Trafford FC, I know kids who play for them and go to their games and they all support Utd.

Talking of Manc shithouses, Neville is fucking terrified of us now, he knows we are a proper challenger now ;D

The ultimate litmus test of us being genuine challengers and yeah, he knows how good we are. Lot of concerned mancs and blues dotted around the place.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
Like the offside goal we scored? Yeah, we should be taking legal action over it.
Exactly, it's Everton-esque to find excuses in the officials, rise above it lads
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Exactly, it's Everton-esque to find excuses in the officials, rise above it lads
No excuses.

The ref and his linos were poor - as evidenced by the offside goal.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan

Jesus fucking Christ.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.

Not bad  ;D

The great thing about the game yesterday was that I was never nervous about the result in the slightest. WHU could hardly get out of their half, much less carve open a chance, despite Arnuatovic putting himself about as usual.

4 goals, 3 points and another clean sheet. And much more to come from the team.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

You must have missed the shitlload of wank decisions in the first half then lad.

The lino was miles behind play for the goal (Which looked offside to us as well) and if he can't see it - he can't give it - but more interesting was the actions of Taylor towards him after he didn't raise his flag Never seen anything like that in my life.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

Excuses? What the fuck are you on about? Excuses that we fucking won 4-0? Give your head a wobble lad.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Not conceded at home since February! Ropey at the back though.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
Jesus fucking Christ.
:lmao

Obvious hyperbole is obvious.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
No excuses.

The ref and his linos were poor - as evidenced by the offside goal.

Yup, nothing wrong with pointing that out. We had an illegal goal allowed, their best chance of the game (after the corner at 2-0) was, I think, also from an offside position. The standard of refereeing in the PL is poor given the quality of the league, something should be done to sort that out.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Yup, nothing wrong with pointing that out. We had an illegal goal allowed, their best chance of the game (after the corner at 2-0) was, I think, also from an offside position. The standard of refereeing in the PL is poor given the quality of the league, something should be done to sort that out.

Legal action. It's the only way.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
You must have missed the shitlload of wank decisions in the first half then lad.

The lino was miles behind play for the goal (Which looked offside to us as well) and if he can't see it - he can't give it - but more interesting was the actions of Taylor towards him after he didn't raise his flag Never seen anything like that in my life.
What did the wanker do? I missed it amid the celebrations

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

The lino in the first half. The two men down - game stopped although it wasn't head injuries  - then they weren't on the half way line - then they were allowed back on. Their corner first half where no one went anywhere near the ball for what seemed like 5 minutes and Taylor let them. Their excessive timewasting first half - Taylor let them get away with it. The booking of AA. The diving of their number 8. The 'robust' off the ball challenges on Mane especially. Several corner and throw in decisions right in front of me that were laughable. Taylor being petty at every opportunity. The pen that looked obvious not given. Penalising Sturridge for literally just standing there waiting for the ball to drop.  The list goes on and on.

It was only because we were brilliant that none of this shit mattered - but we've seen it does matter on days when we're misfiring. Over a season, we've seen how fighting an uphill battle affects the league position. Taylor is just one of a long line of refs that will attempt to fuck us over this season.

And some fans are 'OK' with that, it seems. They are happy for our rivals to be given a free ride. Well I'm not. I don't want much. Just honest, fair and level refereeing with no advantages to anyone. Some of our fans don't agree clearly.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
What did the wanker do? I missed it amid the celebrations

Rather than just asking the question, he put his hands out in a 'what the fuck' kind of way. The lino obviously said that he wasn't up with play and the reaction of Taylor was comical. He looked properly pissed off. I only saw him because I know what a shithouse he is and I thought he'd be fuming. And he was. He looked absolutely fucked off.

Offline zufar

• Anny Roader
  • Over the line and far away!
We've won 4-0 and went top of the table. There's nothing i can say other than I'm so happy.
YNWA

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
Watching the other contenders tick off wins in the days leading up made me nervous that we might find ourselves having to catch up from round 1, but as it turns out, we ended the round on top of the table!! Fantastic outcome and the scary thing is I think many aspects of our game still had 5 or 6 levels to go up.

Very pleased with how it all panned out

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
Keita is an absolute Rolls Royce of a midfielder - a proper box to box destroyer that will help both our defence and attack this year.

Yeah he was great. What is really doing my head in is the media describing as a dm, and comparing him to Kante.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
I thought City was not up to their usual standard at all. Their performance were really disjointed. Anyway, how good are we? Really belief that we can mount a serious title challenge this season. Bring on the owl!!

Same here. A few errors from Ederson against a more clinical side and they could have easily drawn that game. That said, they did have a few key players missing
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline joekim87

• Truly gone shark fishing.....
  • Kopite
The worst part of the game was the fact that we were so good, we never really got to see what Alisson is capable of. Is it a coincidence that we suddenly discovered two awesome fullbacks the season VVD came in?

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
Yeah he was great. What is really doing my head in is the media describing as a dm, and comparing him to Kante.

That's just the usual lazy media. They do share some qualities in their ability to break up play, shield the defence, play simple passes to re-start the attack, and cover every blade of grass on the pitch, but Keita is so much more than that.  He can beat players, score goals, play incisive passes, and really link up the midfield and attack.

Player of the Season this year - place your bets now.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.