Author Topic: The mourning of departed Reds  (Read 20394 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
The mourning of departed Reds
« on: August 17, 2018, 11:46:53 pm »
Perhaps a reds passing thread..... not sure?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/lifelong-lfc-fan-dad-died-15044253

Stories like this need a place. Reds are not forgotten, are they?

« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 09:36:14 am by John C »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: The mourning of departed Reds
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 01:10:21 pm »
I read about this yesterday so tragic. RIP.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 01:13:13 pm »
Sad news, RIP.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2018, 01:30:46 pm »
Perhaps a reds passing thread..... not sure?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/lifelong-lfc-fan-dad-died-15044253

Stories like this need a place. Reds are not forgotten, are they?

What a sad story. Seeing him with his kids too.

Still can't believe our Alans gone. 18 months . The European Cup run was weird without him as he'd never be off the phone. He'd sometimes just phone and shout ' Dortmund ' Or ' Istanbul ' and put the phone down. Being in Kyiv without him doing my head in was weird. Mad Twat.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/tributes-paid-hillsborough-survivor-campaigner-13016824.amp
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2018, 01:41:58 pm »
Leaving those kids so young. Tragic. RIP Ryan, lad. Thoughts and prayers with his family.

Very fitting thread, Chops. We should always mourn the passing of one of our soldiers, whether we know them personally or not.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 05:26:51 pm »

He'd sometimes just phone and shout ' Dortmund ' Or ' Istanbul ' and put the phone down.

With respect, that made me laugh.    :)

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2018, 05:42:58 pm »
With respect, that made me laugh.    :)

;D

He made people laugh alright. We were both extras in Dave Kirbys Reds and Blues film. It was about two neighbours one a Red and one a Blue. The party was in town when the film came out and it was a proper suit job. They had a red carpert for the Reds and a blue carpert for the Blues to enter the establishment. Our kid chooses to go down the blue carpert but done it sitting on his arse and wiping it like a dog does when it has an itchy arse in the park. Proper nutter.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2018, 05:46:37 pm »
Sad news this, no kid should lose a parent at such a young age.

RIP Ryan

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2018, 09:12:29 pm »
Wow... The last pic with his kids got me..  :'(
Stuck for words to be honest ... So i just raised my glass in his honor.. YNWA :scarf

Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2018, 10:59:35 am »
RIP to the guy in the OP, very sad story  :(

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2018, 11:00:09 am »
Our kid chooses to go down the blue carpert but done it sitting on his arse and wiping it like a dog does when it has an itchy arse in the park.
That’s genius by the way :)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: September 9, 2018, 02:57:05 am »

She could analyse a game better than Dunphy' - Tributes paid to 'one in a million' Maisie (105)

Sean O'Grady
September 8 2018 8:16 PM

A close friend of possibly the world’s oldest Liverpool fan, Mary ‘Maisie’ Flood who died aged 105 this week, has remembered her as someone who always “saw the good side of life”.
The Drimnagh woman loved the Reds and called former captain Steven Gerrard “Stevie Wonder”.

Good friend Isabella Gill (62), from Clondalkin, told of her love for Liverpool.

“They were just the best football team ever for her,” she told the Herald.

“She’d talk about them all the time and she would always send me home when a match was on.

“She’d shout and tell them what to do.

“She was a great rugby fan as well. She could tell you everything about it.”

Ms Gill reckons Maisie’s positive outlook on life was one of the reasons she lived for so long.

“She never gave out about anybody. She sang and she always laughed,” she said.

Maisie’s robust health in her old age and love of the Reds saw her become a regular guest on RTE Radio One’s Liveline, with host Joe Duffy describing her as “one in a million”.

Duffy played a recording of Maisie talking about the Anfield team.

“Well, Liverpool was one of the greatest teams in the world for years,” she said.

“They have some of the most wonderful players. They are so passionate and they play their heart out.”

They also played her rendition of You’ll Never Walk Alone, Liverpool’s anthem since the 1960s.

RTE presenter Brenda Donohue also got to know Maisie over the years and she took her to Anfield to watch Liverpool play when she was 97, her first time in the city.

“I’m really sad. I had a long, very full history with Maisie,” Brenda said.

“I’m just devastated. I think the first time I came across her, she would have been about 96.

“She had gone to a panto and she sang You’ll Never Walk Alone. She was phenomenal.

“She was somebody I kept in touch with and she kept in touch with me whether I liked it or not. 

“We brought her to Anfield, I think she was 97 at the time. She had never been there before.

“She could have analysed the game better than Eamon Dunphy.”

Maisie died on September 1 in the care of staff in Cherry Orchard Hospital in Ballyfermot.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/she-could-analyse-a-game-better-than-dunphy-tributes-paid-to-one-in-a-million-maisie-105-37296443.html
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 9, 2018, 03:37:26 am »
Sounds like an absolute diamond woman and fellow red.

RIP, Maisie. Goodnight, God bless, girl

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #13 on: September 9, 2018, 02:06:08 pm »
Bless her. RIP Maisie. YNWA.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 06:06:59 pm »
Very sad news sorry to break.

RIP Fitzy - Liverpool superfan who died suddenly aged 60

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/fitzy-paul-fitzpatrick-liverpool-fan-15272297#ICID=Android_EchoNewsApp_AppShare

Use the app.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2018, 06:12:22 pm »
RIP Fitzy :(

YNWA

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2018, 06:13:31 pm »
RIP Fitzy
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2018, 06:34:50 pm »
Got a message from friends last night telling me the news. Gutted, completely gutted. Hadn't seen Fitz for a few years due to not being able to afford to get to games but he was a special lad. Will be sorely missed. RIP Paul. YNWA.
Cubby.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2018, 07:11:45 pm »
So he's not our moaning Fitzy?
Kill the humourless

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 10:12:50 pm »
RIP Fitzy. I saw he has passed on Facebook.  :'(
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2018, 10:48:27 pm »
RIP Fitzy. Boss red

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2018, 11:35:50 pm »
Bloody hell thats sad, never knew him well but used to see him a lot during my time going home and away. RIP Fitzy

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2019, 05:16:05 pm »
Just got back from the funeral of a good Red who I've known since working for his sister in law. 

Such a sad occasion as he was not quite 30 and leaves his wife and 3yr old son Rafa.

Seeing his coffin draped in all his scarves and YNWA playing broke me.

RIP Mark (Lordy) you'll not be suffering any more.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2019, 10:32:24 pm »
Just got back from the funeral of a good Red who I've known since working for his sister in law. 

Such a sad occasion as he was not quite 30 and leaves his wife and 3yr old son Rafa.

Seeing his coffin draped in all his scarves and YNWA playing broke me.

RIP Mark (Lordy) you'll not be suffering any more.

Bloody hell. 

God bless the family and that young lad in particular.

I read something the other day that really hit me.  You never know when you will pick up your child for the last time.  Hopefully it’s because they simply grow too heavy but........

RIP

RIP lad.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2019, 05:15:01 am »
I hope this is ok to put in here. As the person I speak about, only really became a red in the later years of his life.

In 2009 and 2014 I spoke often via email with my Dad about those two title challenges, as he often lived and worked away and by 2014 I was at university. In the last year or so and now well into retirement, he wasn't quite as responsive to messages, or that talkative on the phone. Age was getting to him as was his diabetes and other afflictions.   

He knew how much a league title would mean to me though, especially after replying to one drunken message of mine in 2014 to say that while he found my obsession for football and Liverpool extraordinary, he was ultimately glad he had sent me to Istanbul for arguably the greatest football game of all time. I used the excuse for Istanbul of a "once in a lifetime experience", but was soon to beg him again for his help, when that once in a lifetime became Athens and then Basel. He helped me to go with barely a question asked. Three once in a lifetimes then!

I converted my brother fairly easily, who since 2006 has travelled far and wide to many Liverpool games with me and will be standing next to me in the away end at Old Trafford on Sunday. My mother soon followed. She used to go to Burnden Park with my Granddad, who we lost when I was 8 years old, so I sometimes ponder if I remind her of her Dad as he was apparently very passionate about football and Bolton Wanderers and was buried with their scarf. But my Dad was the always most difficult one to get on side. He was more a Rugby League fan. Wigan Warriors. Andy Farrell, Martin Offiah, Kris Radlinski. Plus, due to his Lancashire roots, he had a striking admiration for Alex Ferguson and used to wind me up about football and especially Liverpool. But over time, he changed. I took him on the Kop in 304 in 2009 as Robbie Keane scored two but with his arthritis, he didn't find it that enjoyable and never went back, but I took him in the wheelchair end for the preseason game a few years later as we played Wigan away and teenagers set off smoke bombs down the concourse.

Over time though, he definitely came round to the idea of joining in with the fun that my brother, my mother and I were all having cheering the reds and discussing it amongst ourselves. He was excited as much as me and my brother to see our enthusiasm as we would leave for games and would start to watch as many of our games as he could on TV. As a typical 'aul arse', his comments generally were about how shit everyone was and how they could play better, but I laughed because at least it meant he had started giving a shit even if he showed it in a different manner to how I would hoped he would do.

Over this season we hadn't actually communicated that much. I would usually only get the odd word or two off him, whether I messaged him or actually called him up. I would send a message after a good win saying "we are the business" and I'd get a reply along the lines of "Fucking Brilliant! x". That was good enough for me.

My dad called me before the Man City away game, knowing that I was to watch it but I missed his call. For some reason it slipped my mind to return it. A few days later we played Wolves away and while I was watching that ball fly around the pitch at Molineux, he was watching that same ball fly around the pitch (and into our net twice) on his TV at home. I left the ground disappointed at a football result, but little was I to know that his time in this world was very quickly coming to an end. He was unconscious with a brain bleed about an hour or so after that game finished and upsettingly, he would never come back. I found out about this development about 5am in the morning after returning home from the game through my brother. He wouldn't be waking up and it was only a matter of time. My dad died two days later. Sadly, my home was 200 miles away from his.

I finally picked up that voicemail two weeks later by total chance and to my delight, despite my regret for never fielding the call when it first came in as I was asleep, it was him leaving me a message to wish us luck for the City game, evidently as excited as I was about this Liverpool title challenge. "This is the big one", "We need to make sure we win this one". "We need to stop that fucken Sterling", "good luck Tom, I hope it's a good one, I hope you enjoy it". I mean, we didn't, we lost, that's football, but the sentiment was there all the same.

I've been in bits since then. Like I say, hardly a departed red in the grander scheme of things, but by the end, he was to me. I had often regaled (or bored him depending on his point of view at the time) in regards to Liverpool FC. It gave me some small comfort that towards his end, he was looking out for our results, hoping for wins. I had flooded his inbox in 2009 and 2014 about the machinations of the title challenges at the times and eventually, he had given a shit. The hardest nut to crack in my immediate family had come on board as well. Had him cheering players, speaking highly of them and willing us to win games. Sadly, he won't be around to see it through till the end this year and I won't be able to bombard him with the possibilities as this season moves towards it's conclusion.

We may not win it this season as I had so romantically dreamed but a few weeks back when we had a stranglehold over the league, and it would be typical of football to work that way, as nothing is promised, nothing is guaranteed. Before the game against Bayern Munich I sang You'll Never Walk Alone as loud from the Kop as I have ever sung it before. My brother waved our flag for him, proudly and defiantly at the front of the Kop. I finished the game without a voice. I went up to sit in the seat my Dad had stood in front against Bolton (only a row back and 5 seats along from where I stand in Europe) and thought about him a lot as everyone filed out of the ground and I shed a few tears. I've got no right for us to win it this year because of him. No more so than anyone who supports any other team in the league who are going through much worse than I have gone through does. But I've waited my entire life for this to potentially happen and I would be lying if I said I didn't want it more than anything now than at any other time. A momentous occasion of happiness and tears, at the exact same time. It would be beautiful. I can only hope it comes to fruition and I do my bit when I can go the match in the run in. I promise you, I'll do my best to enjoy it though Dad. x

Mike Higham 1943 - 2019.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 05:22:12 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2019, 08:53:17 am »
Bloody hell. 

God bless the family and that young lad in particular.

I read something the other day that really hit me.  You never know when you will pick up your child for the last time.  Hopefully it’s because they simply grow too heavy but........

RIP

RIP lad.
That's a very poignant phrase mate, we just never know.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2019, 08:58:39 am »
I hope this is ok to put in here. As the person I speak about, only really became a red in the later years of his life.

In 2009 and 2014 I spoke often via email with my Dad about those two title challenges, as he often lived and worked away and by 2014 I was at university. In the last year or so and now well into retirement, he wasn't quite as responsive to messages, or that talkative on the phone. Age was getting to him as was his diabetes and other afflictions.   

He knew how much a league title would mean to me though, especially after replying to one drunken message of mine in 2014 to say that while he found my obsession for football and Liverpool extraordinary, he was ultimately glad he had sent me to Istanbul for arguably the greatest football game of all time. I used the excuse for Istanbul of a "once in a lifetime experience", but was soon to beg him again for his help, when that once in a lifetime became Athens and then Basel. He helped me to go with barely a question asked. Three once in a lifetimes then!

I converted my brother fairly easily, who since 2006 has travelled far and wide to many Liverpool games with me and will be standing next to me in the away end at Old Trafford on Sunday. My mother soon followed. She used to go to Burnden Park with my Granddad, who we lost when I was 8 years old, so I sometimes ponder if I remind her of her Dad as he was apparently very passionate about football and Bolton Wanderers and was buried with their scarf. But my Dad was the always most difficult one to get on side. He was more a Rugby League fan. Wigan Warriors. Andy Farrell, Martin Offiah, Kris Radlinski. Plus, due to his Lancashire roots, he had a striking admiration for Alex Ferguson and used to wind me up about football and especially Liverpool. But over time, he changed. I took him on the Kop in 304 in 2009 as Robbie Keane scored two but with his arthritis, he didn't find it that enjoyable and never went back, but I took him in the wheelchair end for the preseason game a few years later as we played Wigan away and teenagers set off smoke bombs down the concourse.

Over time though, he definitely came round to the idea of joining in with the fun that my brother, my mother and I were all having cheering the reds and discussing it amongst ourselves. He was excited as much as me and my brother to see our enthusiasm as we would leave for games and would start to watch as many of our games as he could on TV. As a typical 'aul arse', his comments generally were about how shit everyone was and how they could play better, but I laughed because at least it meant he had started giving a shit even if he showed it in a different manner to how I would hoped he would do.

Over this season we hadn't actually communicated that much. I would usually only get the odd word or two off him, whether I messaged him or actually called him up. I would send a message after a good win saying "we are the business" and I'd get a reply along the lines of "Fucking Brilliant! x". That was good enough for me.

My dad called me before the Man City away game, knowing that I was to watch it but I missed his call. For some reason it slipped my mind to return it. A few days later we played Wolves away and while I was watching that ball fly around the pitch at Molineux, he was watching that same ball fly around the pitch (and into our net twice) on his TV at home. I left the ground disappointed at a football result, but little was I to know that his time in this world was very quickly coming to an end. He was unconscious with a brain bleed about an hour or so after that game finished and upsettingly, he would never come back. I found out about this development about 5am in the morning after returning home from the game through my brother. He wouldn't be waking up and it was only a matter of time. My dad died two days later. Sadly, my home was 200 miles away from his.

I finally picked up that voicemail two weeks later by total chance and to my delight, despite my regret for never fielding the call when it first came in as I was asleep, it was him leaving me a message to wish us luck for the City game, evidently as excited as I was about this Liverpool title challenge. "This is the big one", "We need to make sure we win this one". "We need to stop that fucken Sterling", "good luck Tom, I hope it's a good one, I hope you enjoy it". I mean, we didn't, we lost, that's football, but the sentiment was there all the same.

I've been in bits since then. Like I say, hardly a departed red in the grander scheme of things, but by the end, he was to me. I had often regaled (or bored him depending on his point of view at the time) in regards to Liverpool FC. It gave me some small comfort that towards his end, he was looking out for our results, hoping for wins. I had flooded his inbox in 2009 and 2014 about the machinations of the title challenges at the times and eventually, he had given a shit. The hardest nut to crack in my immediate family had come on board as well. Had him cheering players, speaking highly of them and willing us to win games. Sadly, he won't be around to see it through till the end this year and I won't be able to bombard him with the possibilities as this season moves towards it's conclusion.

We may not win it this season as I had so romantically dreamed but a few weeks back when we had a stranglehold over the league, and it would be typical of football to work that way, as nothing is promised, nothing is guaranteed. Before the game against Bayern Munich I sang You'll Never Walk Alone as loud from the Kop as I have ever sung it before. My brother waved our flag for him, proudly and defiantly at the front of the Kop. I finished the game without a voice. I went up to sit in the seat my Dad had stood in front against Bolton (only a row back and 5 seats along from where I stand in Europe) and thought about him a lot as everyone filed out of the ground and I shed a few tears. I've got no right for us to win it this year because of him. No more so than anyone who supports any other team in the league who are going through much worse than I have gone through does. But I've waited my entire life for this to potentially happen and I would be lying if I said I didn't want it more than anything now than at any other time. A momentous occasion of happiness and tears, at the exact same time. It would be beautiful. I can only hope it comes to fruition and I do my bit when I can go the match in the run in. I promise you, I'll do my best to enjoy it though Dad. x

Mike Higham 1943 - 2019.
[emoji174][emoji307][emoji179]

RIP Mike Higham

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2019, 09:10:27 am »

Mike Higham 1943 - 2019.

That's a fantastic tribute Hij. Chin up mate. We've got this  :)
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2019, 11:57:23 pm »

Mike Higham 1943 - 2019.

Sorry to hear about your Dad passing away Hij - RIP Mike Higham.

Fingers crossed we can win the league for him.
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2019, 09:37:01 pm »
Lovely post.  Condolences Tom. YNWA.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2019, 02:56:53 pm »
Bit of a shitty weekend for me this, Mothers Day tomorrow and then Monday is 12 years since my Ma died. She never got to see her two grandsons, who she would have loved to bits.

She was always a Liverpool supporter, but she never went the game, so me and our kid took her to the European Cup quarter final in 1985, 4-1 win v Austria Vienna (less than 33,000 in that night, piece of piss to get tickets). She used to work in Visionhire and due to Thommo Mum being a customer, she got me a birthday card signed by the whole first team, Dalglish, Souey, Neal, David Johnson, both Kennedys, Clem and even Kevin Sheedy. She was a single Mum from when I was 13 and she always made sure me and our kid had the money to go the match, even though we were fucking skint and she was terrified when she saw the Kop on MOTD and knew we were in the middle of it all.

She'd watched every European Cup final on the box with me, she loved Rafa and would have have loved Klopp, he was her kind of man, always laughing but knew what he was doing.

I'd also like to say sorry that she heard me on Sky calling Frank Lampard a fat fucking c*nt  :-[ (he had just done Xabis ankle)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 3, 2019, 11:57:53 pm »
I'm not sorry for hijacking the thread somewhat. This isn't Reds related whatsoever
A very dear friend of mine was pregnant with twins this day 2 weeks ago. We were having a laugh about this that and the other before she left work.
Later that evening she went in to labour and gave birth to Lily and Amelia. At only 24 weeks, they were so tiny, innocent, and were a whole new purpose in life for my friend Rebecca. Sadly, Lily wasnt strong enough to survive.
Rebecca had to go through burying Lily last week while knowing Amelia was still in an incubator, oblivious to the fact her twin sister has never had a chance.
Today, we were given the devastating news that Amelia's life has also been cut short and she has joined her sister in the afterlife.

I don't even know why I'm posting this. Rebecca gives less than two fucks about football. But I care for her so much. It's so fucking devastating that 2 innocent girls never had a single chance in this disgusting world.

Please, whatever you do, keep Lily, Amelia and Rebecca in your thoughts.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #33 on: April 4, 2019, 12:27:35 am »
Barney, that's so tragic.  :'(

RIP Lily and Amelia. Thoughts and sympathy to Rebecca and yourself.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #34 on: April 4, 2019, 01:37:00 am »
Barney this is so tragic.  :'(
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #35 on: April 4, 2019, 03:42:27 am »
Fuck. Thoughts are with your friend, Barney.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #36 on: April 4, 2019, 08:44:15 am »
Thoughts are with you and your friend Barney

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #37 on: April 4, 2019, 09:03:00 am »
So sorry to hear that Barney. Thoughts are with your friend.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 4, 2019, 09:25:03 am »
That is awful that Barney, so sorry for your friend.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 4, 2019, 09:56:43 am »
Devastating to hear that Barney.  Thoughts with all concerned [emoji25]