Author Topic: Roma watch  (Read 150049 times)

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
Re: Roma watch
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2018, 01:44:05 pm »
We are charging their fans £48 and they are charging £73.

Surely something has to be done about this.

It because of Lira, exchange rates, € to £ and $, it’s all very complicated. Because we haven’t been to CL semis in a while, we just do not understand.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2018, 01:55:14 pm »
We are charging their fans £48 and they are charging £73.

Surely something has to be done about this.

We should charge them £73 and use the extra money to refund fans the difference going to Roma

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2018, 01:56:37 pm »
Absolute bastards charging us £73. Immoral.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2018, 02:26:15 pm »
Any news on whether a coach welcome is planned? Would be good to get right back to it and show lessons learnt.

Same place same time,no invites needed really!  :D

Wouldn’t it normally be higher for a semi-final than a group match?

Not really,i don't see any valid reason to whack up tge prices other than a cuntish disregard from Roma for visiting fans.
Like some have already said,Roma fans should be made to pay the same & refund their over charge to our own.
It fucking stinks.
Football without fans is nothing.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2018, 02:36:37 pm »
They simply want to milk Liverpool fans while they have a chance. This is a club that averages just 37,000 for its home matches. That's to say almost half the seats are empty every week. So they're now acting like Torquay United would if they had a good Cup run. Make the money however you can, knowing it's a one-off and you won't be back for a while. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2018, 03:06:33 pm »
Same place same time,no invites needed really!  :D

Granted. My issue is which route will be taken by the Liverpool coach.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2018, 03:09:09 pm »
We should charge them £73 and use the extra money to refund fans the difference going to Roma

That's exactly what Utd did against Seville.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2018, 03:23:34 pm »
I can understand the club's stance, if there is a formal one. Set a precedent for clubs to increase the prices knowing Liverpool would likely subside the difference.

Any news on the Manolas injury?

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2018, 03:31:13 pm »
not being cocky but really feel we are hitting top form at the right time.
this will be our year.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2018, 03:33:33 pm »

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2018, 03:36:08 pm »

Trouble is we can't change prices now. Roma can but won't. John Henry should be onto his mate asap. Something tells me he won't bother though.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2018, 03:37:25 pm »
That's exactly what Utd did against Seville.

Yup. Don't say it often, but I applauded United for taking that stand. We need to do the same.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2018, 03:46:18 pm »
Never understood this really, I can't imagine after 34 years many of their fans care or remember.

There may be a brief thought towards it, but I doubt it's going to be a driving factor in the players motivation on the day.

Their players have said it, their former players have said it and their fans are saying it. What's not to get?

Edit: my oh my, even the Echo has caught on.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roma-fans-seek-liverpool-revenge-14546628

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 04:19:00 pm by Hunts Cross »

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2018, 04:14:04 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS-ZHNObHgw

This is fantastic analysis of their comeback win over Barcelona, I seriously doubt the tactical risks they took to get at Barca in the 2nd leg would go as unpunished against our usually electric transition play. I am also far more confident in our defenders to deal with their aerial threats, particularly Dzeko.

That isn't to say they are a poor side or that this will necessarily be an easy tie for us. We have a lot more threats they will have to deal with than they can offer in return, and so if we can get ourselves ahead, that will almost certainly force them into tactical risks that should give us plenty to work with. For that reason I think the first leg at Anfield is a huge advantage, because we can use atmosphere to blow them away with intensity early, and with the quality, confidence and form we have right now in attack it will be exceptionally difficult for them to stop us scoring.

Here is his analysis of our win over City in the League.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd5rxi1byV4

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2018, 04:16:44 pm »
Am sure they wanted to avenge it just as much in the UEFA cup in 2001. And again in the champions league in 2002. How'd that work out for them?

We beat them in the biggest game, staged at their own stadium. Can you not see that? Even if you can't, have a look around the web.

https://ronaldo.com/blog/2018/04/13/monchi-hoping-roma-get-revenge/
http://www.insidefutbol.com/2018/04/13/were-equals-against-liverpool-get-revenge-former-roma-star-issues-message/372523/

My point is they will be super motivated.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 04:26:10 pm by Hunts Cross »

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2018, 04:28:19 pm »
it's pretty easy to see it to be honest mate, loads of videos about of the game itself and if one was struggling with that they could just read it on a wikipedia article Or in numerous other articles both online and in the plethora of books, newspapers and so on that have existed in the 34 YEARS since that final was played. But to be honest if their fans and players require a game played 34 years ago to get them 'up for' getting into a champions league final, they seem a bit weird to me.

They are not weird, they are Italian. A dish best served cold and all that...

I was responding to a few posts about Roma were dreading getting Liverpool. Not at all, is my view.

As for the time passed, many Reds recall the way Inter cheated Shanks and the lads. We'd love to do them in a CL cup final.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 04:30:45 pm by Hunts Cross »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2018, 04:41:14 pm »
The thing is, it's £25 more per ticket, for 5,000 tickets. So a total of £125,000 extra for Roma. That's nothing to a football club of their size, so there is no need for it.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2018, 04:48:38 pm »

I was responding to a few posts about Roma were dreading getting Liverpool. Not at all, is my view.

As for the time passed, many Reds recall the way Inter cheated Shanks and the lads. We'd love to do them in a CL cup final.

My arl feller took me to my first ever game that season - the postponed Cologne game (and the rearranged game - two for the price of one!). When he found out what had happened in Milan, he refused to go (or take me) to any more European matches claiming the whole thing was an 'Eyetie Fix'  ;D

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2018, 05:14:18 pm »
The thing is, it's £25 more per ticket, for 5,000 tickets. So a total of £125,000 extra for Roma. That's nothing to a football club of their size, so there is no need for it.

Just as nothing for Henry to compensate our fans as a good will gesture 🤟

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2018, 05:15:04 pm »

if this were the first time we were facing them since the final sure it makes sense, but that's not the case, we've played them 4,5 times since then.

Regardless, they can be motivated as much as they want, so will we

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2018, 05:22:53 pm »

Bastards! Well cheated, will never forget it. Bear in mind that was 53 years ago!! So 34 years for Roma seems reasonable to me.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2018, 08:30:19 pm »
Seems as if Roma are resting a few players tonight. Currently 1-0 up as well. Manolas, De Rossi, Nainggolan, Schick and Strootman all on the bench.

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2018, 08:35:33 pm »
Time seems to be passing so slowly between the games now. I can't wait for the Anfield fixture!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2018, 08:58:53 pm »
Seems as if Roma are resting a few players tonight. Currently 1-0 up as well. Manolas, De Rossi, Nainggolan, Schick and Strootman all on the bench.

Well they'll play again on the weekend, so it makes sense that they would make some changes.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2018, 09:18:17 pm »
Looks like bookies made us a very heavy favorite against Rome for the tie as well as the match at home.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2018, 09:22:28 pm »
Bastards! Well cheated, will never forget it. Bear in mind that was 53 years ago!! So 34 years for Roma seems reasonable to me.

It was just before I started going but I remember the fewm from Inter because we were singing "Go back to Italy" to the tune of an iconic Italian song and the fact that the injured Byrne and Milne came into the pitch with the newly acquired FA cup to rack up the atmosphere.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2018, 09:39:52 pm »
Roma just beat midtable Genoa 2-1 at home.

They have another game away against lowly SPAL on Saturday before they play us.

FORZA LIVERPOOL !!
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: April 18, 2018, 09:50:51 pm »
if this were the first time we were facing them since the final sure it makes sense, but that's not the case, we've played them 4,5 times since then.

Regardless, they can be motivated as much as they want, so will we

We will be motivated, I agree. I was responding to posts that said they would be dreading us. Not so. They wanted us. To break us.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #188 on: April 18, 2018, 10:33:44 pm »
So they won 2-1 while resting 4-5 first team players from the start, even though some of them came on later on after Genoa scored. I haven't been watching much of Serie A to be honest and the stats seem to show that Roma were quite comfortable. Are most bottom half teams in Seria A shite, and is there more or less the same gulf in class between the top six teams and rest as there is in the PL?

Online terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #189 on: April 18, 2018, 11:24:57 pm »

:missus

I’m a busy man. I struggle to find time to post my own shite.

I certainly don’t have time to read anyone else’s.

Offline hansenite

• Main Stander
« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2018, 11:54:02 pm »
Looks like bookies made us a very heavy favorite against Rome for the tie as well as the match at home.

did the same for city against us

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2018, 11:54:56 pm »
So they won 2-1 while resting 4-5 first team players from the start, even though some of them came on later on after Genoa scored. I haven't been watching much of Serie A to be honest and the stats seem to show that Roma were quite comfortable. Are most bottom half teams in Seria A shite, and is there more or less the same gulf in class between the top six teams and rest as there is in the PL?

The bottom half are terrible, the top...8 have got some decent teams but nowhere near the strength of the PL.

Roma are a very good side though and I fully expect them to give us a really tough pair of games if they don't shit the bed at Anfield. They're a very similar team to us just not quite as far down the line. They can have a 10 minute spell where they just blow you away, their midfield in particular is really strong, especially with Nainggolan back in the team. Cengiz Ünder in particular has been an absolute revelation for them this season.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2018, 12:04:15 am »
We dry bummed them for Salah, the 73 snots is their revenge.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Byrneand

• Kopite
« Reply #193 on: April 19, 2018, 12:11:57 am »
Lazio comeback was useful
If you can't walk in a straight line.... you shouldn't be playing for Liverpool. End of

Offline B.A. Baracus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2018, 06:29:10 am »
Apparently they have got their team coach sorted for the 1st leg.

I built that in the 80s. Didn't think it was still around.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2018, 07:17:22 am »
Lazio comeback was useful

Luis Alberto on fire  :)

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #196 on: April 19, 2018, 08:52:45 am »
I built that in the 80s. Didn't think it was still around.

:D

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: April 19, 2018, 09:04:47 am »
They are very similar to us and I actually think it will be more difficult to play them than Bayern or Real. But everything that they have, on paper we have more so hopefully we will have enough to see them off.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2018, 09:51:07 am »
It was just before I started going but I remember the fewm from Inter because we were singing "Go back to Italy" to the tune of an iconic Italian song and the fact that the injured Byrne and Milne came into the pitch with the newly acquired FA cup to rack up the atmosphere.

Stroke of genius by Shankly to send Byrne and Milne out with the FA Cup. Was in the Boys Pen and it's still the noisiest I've ever heard Anfield!!

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2018, 10:07:16 am »
Apparently they have got their team coach sorted for the 1st leg.

Looks like Andy Townsend's preparation for post-apocalyptic Mad Max style world.