Author Topic: The Run Home and CL Qualification  (Read 211230 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: The Run Home and CL Qualification
« Reply #160 on: February 19, 2018, 12:52:19 pm »
Fair enough. I didn't think Spurs would get top 4 at the start of the season, with Kane, so if they lose him to injury I wont argue that they could cope. He is hugely important to them obviously, but we're very dependent on Firmino as well.

It's a marginal call, but I'm not certain that say, Moura, Alli and Son, with Eriksen as well, isn't a better attack than Mane, Ings, Salah (with Lallana behind), all things considered. Not a lot in it though, and Firmino isn't injured often anyway, so I hope it wont matter in the end.

I know their win percentage falls fairly substantially without Kane as opposed to with him.

Dunno about ours without Firmino or Salah because they barely miss a game!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline stevieheighway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Were Gonna win the League
« Reply #161 on: February 21, 2018, 09:38:11 pm »
That Utd Sevilla game tonight was utter tripe, I hope we get the winner of that tie in the next round, they are both shite
I'm really looking forward to the future. People can say it's going to be grim if they want but i'm a Liverpool fan...and I don't fucking believe them.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: February 21, 2018, 09:41:27 pm »
Wrong thread

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #163 on: February 21, 2018, 09:42:05 pm »
That Utd Sevilla game tonight was utter tripe, I hope we get the winner of that tie in the next round, they are both shite
There are no winners of this tie ;)

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #164 on: February 22, 2018, 05:14:44 pm »
The next 2 matches are so important and need all our focus - both are home games and are nailed on wins as long as we turn up. We know that Moyes will try to park the bus, and we don't need to explain the threat Rafa has.

With no other distractions, 6 points is a must. Win these and it will set us up nicely for Old Trafford. We will go there either in 2nd or at the very least in 3rd clear of 4th & 5th. Win there and it will simply be a case of whether we end up 2nd or 3rd - CL qualification will be all but done allowing us to concentrate on that CL quarter final without worrying about the odd dropped points in the league.

Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2018, 05:43:35 pm »
The next 2 matches are so important and need all our focus - both are home games and are nailed on wins as long as we turn up. We know that Moyes will try to park the bus, and we don't need to explain the threat Rafa has.

With no other distractions, 6 points is a must. Win these and it will set us up nicely for Old Trafford. We will go there either in 2nd or at the very least in 3rd clear of 4th & 5th. Win there and it will simply be a case of whether we end up 2nd or 3rd - CL qualification will be all but done allowing us to concentrate on that CL quarter final without worrying about the odd dropped points in the league.
Like it, but....When was the last time we did anything simply or were able to go into anything without worrying?   ;D

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: February 25, 2018, 05:25:03 pm »
Feels dirty, but Man Utd beating Chelsea probably the best result for us. The more distance between 4th and 5th the better.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #167 on: February 25, 2018, 05:28:36 pm »
Feels dirty, but Man Utd beating Chelsea probably the best result for us. The more distance between 4th and 5th the better.

I agree. Qualifying for next season is the aim and whilst 2nd at the end of the season would be great the first aim is just top 4 and see what we can do in the CL this season. Nice gap now. Win against United would be even sweeter
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #168 on: February 25, 2018, 05:29:15 pm »

It would feel sweeter to overtake the Mancs by beating them at their place.

Offline Geormajesty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: February 25, 2018, 05:29:44 pm »
Chelsea at the Etihad next Sunday as well, could be a 5 point gap between 4th and 5th this time next week.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: February 25, 2018, 06:01:23 pm »
It would feel sweeter to overtake the Mancs by beating them at their place.

It sure will. Let’s see a gap open up between 4th and 5th and just beat the mancs anyway.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: February 25, 2018, 06:06:31 pm »

Newcastle home win
Porto 2nd leg
United away loss
Watford home win
Palace away win
Quarter final 1st leg
Everton away loss
Quarter final 2nd leg
Bournemouth home win
Wba away win
Semi final 1st leg
Stoke home win
Semi final 2nd leg
Chelsea away loss
Brighton home win
 Champions league Final win
Town

Last ten league games,  7 wins from ten will give us 78 points which should be enough.  although a hellish scenario Could afford to lose  our 3 hardest games at Chelsea Everton and United. The start of April is going to be juicy with Everton sandwiched between the quarters. Who will become a hero at goodison for injuring one  of ours?

« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 06:08:48 pm by End Product »
No time for caution.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: February 25, 2018, 06:10:56 pm »
Hopefully we'll gain some more points on the other teams before CL quarter finals. We could do with having a little pressure taken off us to win the games the come either side of, and between each leg.

But I think we'll be fine either way.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: February 25, 2018, 08:27:29 pm »
Newcastle home win
Porto 2nd leg
United away loss
Watford home win
Palace away win
Quarter final 1st leg
Everton away loss
Quarter final 2nd leg
Bournemouth home win
Wba away win
Semi final 1st leg
Stoke home win
Semi final 2nd leg
Chelsea away loss
Brighton home win
Town

Last ten league games,  7 wins from ten will give us 78 points which should be enough.  although a hellish scenario Could afford to lose  our 3 hardest games at Chelsea Everton and United. The start of April is going to be juicy with Everton sandwiched between the quarters. Who will become a hero at goodison for injuring one  of ours?

I'll go with that. Everton are due a win. Palace away won't be easy either but just look at those home games!. Not sure who the rest have but I am hoping Chelsea will just melt into the distance.

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: February 25, 2018, 09:12:19 pm »
Right now we have

United +6
Liverpool +4
Spurs +2
Chelsea 0

If we manage to  hold Chelsea to a 4 point gap in the next 8 games we could afford to lose to them but if they close the gap a bit then losing that game would be a complete disaster.

Right now we need to beat Newcastle and see what happens in the City Chelsea game. If Chelsea lose that game maybe Mourinho will offer us a tacit 0-0 and we will take it.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: February 25, 2018, 09:13:58 pm »
maybe Mourinho will offer us a tacit 0-0.

He will

and we will take it
Will we fuck ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 25, 2018, 09:14:23 pm »
Right now we have

United +6
Liverpool +4
Spurs +2
Chelsea 0

If we manage to  hold Chelsea to a 4 point gap in the next 8 games we could afford to lose to them but if they close the gap a bit then losing that game would be a complete disaster.

Right now we need to beat Newcastle and see what happens in the City Chelsea game. If Chelsea lose that game maybe Mourinho will offer us a tacit 0-0 and we will take it.

Far too long to go to worry about that Chelsea game right now.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: February 25, 2018, 09:24:35 pm »
The game against Chelsea is the 2nd to last game left, why on Earth are we discussing this now? Plenty of things can happen to all sides, as Chelsea shown when they lost back to back to sides that everyone expected them to beat [and we did the same against Swansea].

One game at a time.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2018, 09:30:56 pm »
although a hellish scenario Could afford to lose  our 3 hardest games at Chelsea Everton and United.

Hardest? Have you seen the shit Allardyce is serving up at the moment?

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: February 25, 2018, 09:55:37 pm »
Must say, it is looking good for 4th, though I reckon the next round of games are crucial.if we beat the Geordie’s and Chelsea loose at City, you’d think we’d be in great shape. Cannot see Spurs dropping out now, reckon they’ll be 2nd. Then between us, Utd and Chelsea for the other spots.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #180 on: February 25, 2018, 10:06:15 pm »
Must say, it is looking good for 4th, though I reckon the next round of games are crucial.if we beat the Geordie’s and Chelsea loose at City, you’d think we’d be in great shape. Cannot see Spurs dropping out now, reckon they’ll be 2nd. Then between us, Utd and Chelsea for the other spots.

Don’t get that at all mate.

We’re in better form, getting players back from injury (Lallana, Clyne) and fewer games in all comps.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: February 25, 2018, 10:08:20 pm »
From what I've seen, the best four teams in the league are in the top four spots. Just the order to be decided now.

Personally I think both ourselves and Spurs have achieved greater heights this season than United and would hope the table reflects that at the end of the season.

That said, we have a quarter of the season still to play, so we must maintain performances, do that, and we'll get the results.

I'm pretty confident we're gonna beat Newcastle, qualify for the quarters and go into thay match at Old Trafford with a mindset to win the fight and therefore the right to play our game. Do that, and, again, hit our performance levels, then I fancy a win.

From there, it's a case of concentration game by game.

I reckon we finish top 3 at worst

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: February 25, 2018, 10:10:12 pm »

Nobody but City look better than us. We have scored a shit load of goals, have a virtually injury free squad and are the form team. Spurs barely got past a second string Palace side today.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #183 on: February 25, 2018, 10:22:53 pm »
Nobody but City look better than us. We have scored a shit load of goals, have a virtually injury free squad and are the form team. Spurs barely got past a second string Palace side today.

Spurs are the form side.

Haven't lost in ages.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: February 25, 2018, 10:39:26 pm »
Spurs are the form side.

Haven't lost in ages.

How far do you look back? Last 10 games its us. Last 20 games we are 2nd to City.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #185 on: February 25, 2018, 10:41:32 pm »
Very hard to see us finishing outside the top 4 now. You’d need to believe Chelsea can finish above us and that’s really hard to make a case for with remaining schedule / points gd / how we’re both playing

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #186 on: February 25, 2018, 10:42:33 pm »
How far do you look back? Last 10 games its us. Last 20 games we are 2nd to City.

Last 5 it’s Spurs by a point. Basically we’re both in very good form. United stole a march on both of us early on but since October we’ve both been better than United. They have that buffer now though so I guess Chelsea are the ones in real trouble.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #187 on: February 25, 2018, 10:44:57 pm »
Really we'd want to be 6 points clear of Chelsea before we go to Stamford Bridge, easier said than done. I know a few on here were looking at us going to Swansea and winning which would have left us 8 points clear of Spurs had we beat them too. We've got some difficult games on the road coming up so winning our home games will be essential in the run in.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #188 on: February 25, 2018, 10:55:17 pm »
Not to mention the last 28 games in the league(we can go that far since that's the start of the CURRENT season), we've lost 3 and Spurs 5- scoring 12 more than them in the process. Of course we're the form team.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 10:57:11 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: February 25, 2018, 11:09:58 pm »
Chelsea still got to play us, Spurs, City. they also got Leicester and Burnley and teams who are going to be fighting against relegation threatened sides, which can be real banana skins if you are not prepared to scrap.

Spurs still got to play Man City as well.

I do not fear any of the teams we are going to be playing against us in our last ten games. We have the firepower to beat all of them. Man Utd and Chelsea are probably going to be the toughest and that is only because referees are going to be more lenient toward the home side.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #190 on: February 25, 2018, 11:28:25 pm »
Hardest? Have you seen the shit Allardyce is serving up at the moment?

Not to mention Moreen and Conte.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #191 on: February 25, 2018, 11:41:47 pm »
Like it, but....When was the last time we did anything simply or were able to go into anything without worrying?   ;D

You worried about the Porto second leg?

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: February 25, 2018, 11:45:08 pm »
Spurs are the form side.

Haven't lost in ages.

Got the easiest run in also.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #193 on: February 26, 2018, 12:06:30 am »
That Table is utterly deranged. All 4 teams are walking a tightrope. Personally i'd love to see the Mancs trainwreck, obviously, but all the teams are too good to miss out and someones going to. Just got to keep winning, lads.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: February 26, 2018, 01:14:39 am »
Newcastle home win
Porto 2nd leg
United away loss
Watford home win
Palace away win
Quarter final 1st leg
Everton away loss
Quarter final 2nd leg
Bournemouth home win
Wba away win
Semi final 1st leg
Stoke home win
Semi final 2nd leg
Chelsea away loss
Brighton home win
Town

Show some faith. We only lost 3 games with 10 to go and we’re going to lose 3 in the last 10? We are going after 2nd and I can bet you that Klopp will get the team to fight for all 30 points. We’re in a much better place now compared to the start of the season. No long term injuries. Players have been conditioned to finish the season strongly. We’re arguably better defensively with Big Virgil and Karius settled as no 1 keeper

Believe i the team - we are not going to lose at Goodison. No way ...
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #195 on: February 26, 2018, 01:46:41 am »
Here is the top 6 run in, and beside each team how many of the top 6 they have to play

Manchester City – 72 pts  (4)
Arsenal (a)
Chelsea
Stoke (a)
Brighton
Everton (a)
Man United
Spurs (a)
Swansea
West Ham (a)
Huddersfield
Southampton (a)

Manchester United – 59 pts (3)
Palace (a)
Liverpool
West Ham (a)
Swansea
Man City (a)
West Brom
Bournemouth (a)
Arsenal
Brighton (a)
Watford

Liverpool –  57 pts (2)
Newcastle
Man United (a)
Watford
Palace (a)
Everton (a)
Bournemouth
West Brom (a)
Stoke
Chelsea (a)
Brighton

Spurs – 55 pts   (2)
Palace
Huddersfield
Bournemouth (a)
Newcastle
Chelsea (a)
Stoke (a)
Man City
Brighton (a)
Watford
West Brom (a)
Leicester

Chelsea – 53 pts (3)
Man City (a)
Palace
Burnley (a)
Spurs
West Ham
Southampton (a)
Huddersfield
Swansea (a)
Liverpool
Newcastle (a)

Arsenal – 45 pts (2)
Man City
Brighton (a)
Watford
Leicester (a)
Stoke
Southampton
Newcastle (a)
West Ham
Man United (a)
Burnley
Huddersfield (a)

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: February 26, 2018, 01:49:24 am »
Don’t get that at all mate.

We’re in better form, getting players back from injury (Lallana, Clyne) and fewer games in all comps.

Just think we’ve marginally tougher fixtures. Also perhaps a little pessimistic on my part.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline End Product

• doesn't always come out of the right end
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: February 26, 2018, 02:25:42 am »
Show some faith. We only lost 3 games with 10 to go and we’re going to lose 3 in the last 10? We are going after 2nd and I can bet you that Klopp will get the team to fight for all 30 points. We’re in a much better place now compared to the start of the season. No long term injuries. Players have been conditioned to finish the season strongly. We’re arguably better defensively with Big Virgil and Karius settled as no 1 keeper

Believe i the team - we are not going to lose at Goodison. No way ...
No we won't lose at Everton. 
It's not a prediction,  just outlining we could absorb three horrible losses and hit a top 4 point tally.  for me I don't care weather we finish 2nd or 4th,  as long as our key players are fit we will be good. 

Champions league we have a genuine shot.
No time for caution.

Offline rkgriffin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2018, 02:45:20 am »
Still can’t believe Swansea got a result against us.     If one of the bottom clubs can get a result off Spurs we should be set. Almost happened today with Palace.

Just have to make sure we keep up the wins so that City can’t play a second team in league games. Need them to still win all their big games.

Offline slimbo

• Kopite
« Reply #199 on: February 26, 2018, 02:57:54 am »
Updated with Current points.

Remaining games in EPL vs top 8 teams:

United 59 - Liverpool, City, Arsenal

Liverpool 57 - United, Chelsea

Spurs 55 - Chelsea, City, Leicester

Chelsea 53 - City, Burnley, Spurs, Liverpool

Arsenal 45 - City, Leicester, United, Burnley