Author Topic: RAWK's Bloggers' Musings, Wisdom & General Positivity for 2019 & beyond!  (Read 57663 times)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: 24/7's Daily Musings, Wisdom & General Positivity for 2018
« Reply #200 on: March 3, 2018, 08:29:01 am »
March 3rd - Saturday

"Humility leads to strength and not weakness. It is the highest form of self respect to admit mistakes and to make amends for them." - John J. McCloy

I don't always get it right. I've made plenty of mistakes here and will continue to, it's inevitable, although I hope they will be fewer and farther in between, as I continue to learn from you about us.

All I ask is understanding for my efforts and, should I make amends sufficiently, your forgiveness. If I don't, then please help me to understand where I went wrong and what you need for amendment to be done

What pledge can you make today and to whom?
« Last Edit: March 3, 2018, 08:58:19 am by 24/7 »

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: March 3, 2018, 08:45:06 am »
Can't believe it has taken me till March to discover this thread. Excellent stuff 24/7. Thanks for keeping this going!
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: March 3, 2018, 10:07:48 am »
Can't believe it has taken me till March to discover this thread. Excellent stuff 24/7. Thanks for keeping this going!
No worries. Welcome. You might have found this thread at the time you needed to..... very zen I know sorry! :D

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: March 4, 2018, 09:48:05 am »
March 4th - Sunday (86 days to go.....)

"Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance." - Rabindranath Tragore

Ah, I think this is our first Tragore quotation, one of my favourites he is. Google him!

And about the friendship thing, that too is proving true in my life recently. Yes, I have friends that have been friends for decades now and always will be but I also met a bunch of wonderful people in Tallinn and, for some reason I am yet to understand fully, it feels like I have known and loved them my whole life! I'm learning to trust that 'instant' connection, to 'feel' when something's just right and not to question or doubt it all the bloody time....

Thank you to ALL my friends for the love and support we share. Regardless of how long or short we've known each other.

To whom can you say that today?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: March 5, 2018, 11:29:03 am »
March 5th - Monday (85 to go)

"Make one person happy each day and in 40 years you will have made 14,600 human beings happy for a little time at least" - Charley Willey

Or start a positivity thread and potentially make 50,000 RAWKites happy for a little time every day for a year.........

Can you do one thing today to make one person feel better about what they are facing in life at the moment?

Can someone do it for me please........?  :-\

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: March 5, 2018, 03:32:45 pm »
March 5th - Monday (85 to go)

"Make one person happy each day and in 40 years you will have made 14,600 human beings happy for a little time at least" - Charley Willey

Or start a positivity thread and potentially make 50,000 RAWKites happy for a little time every day for a year.........

Can you do one thing today to make one person feel better about what they are facing in life at the moment?

Can someone do it for me please........?  :-\
Well Jim, after reading through the posts in the Newcastle United thread I guess you would no doubts make thousands happy and even get a standing ovation if you banned this pot bellied, horse punching piece of shit from this place.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #206 on: March 5, 2018, 11:43:45 pm »
Well Jim, after reading through the posts in the Newcastle United thread I guess you would no doubts make thousands happy and even get a standing ovation if you banned this pot bellied, horse punching piece of shit from this place.

We all like you Paul, hope that has made you happy,

by the way Jim this one could have been a good reason to start your thread it brings enjoyment to many of us.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: March 6, 2018, 08:49:57 am »
March 6th - Tuesday (...84)

"As soon as the fear approaches, attack and destroy it." - Chanakya

Here's another example of a line I would take issue with. Yes, fear is to be overcome and a stronger person learns to deal with it, rather than give into it, of course.

However, in my experience (I've designed and run a lot of training sessions for big companies and the fear is always - ALWAYS - there at the start of every delivery!) fear can be a positive, driving force; if you learn to channel it correctly.

Fear can keep us alert - as long as we do not give into flight, flight or freeze, that is. Awareness of our responses gives us energy. Laws of conservation determine that that energy cannot be destroyed! No, but it can be transformed.

So the energy that the fear ahead of every delivery, every coaching session, every post in this thread even (because in posting here I lay bare a part of my soul on the page each day and who knows how you lot will react!!!) can be transformed into something more positive.

I love the fear. I've made it my friend. It tells me I am still alive and that I still FEEL. Then I use it. Then I overcome it. Then I learn from it. And each time I face it again, it becomes less threatening.

Back when I first started on L&D/Coaching, my mentor told me during my training not to run away from a challenge. He said, "Feel the fear.....and do it anyway!"

What are you facing today that can be overcome not by attacking but by embracing and utilising that energy the fear places in front of you?

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #208 on: March 6, 2018, 09:56:37 am »
So far today I've sent 2 mails replying to a customer and s supplier. Both have presented somewhat ridiculous demands for a future cooperation. Instead of swerving the issues I've addressed them in a repsectful and polite manner explaining why I don't agree. Earlier I would have either ignored the mails and the deal would've gone tits up or been very direct in my language which probably would've resulted in a parting of companies. Standing up for myself has always been a fear of mine but I've started facing it and using it, just like you say Jim.

Good thread is this! :)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: March 6, 2018, 09:58:06 am »
So if those deals come in, I get my 10%...........right?

Tom?

Hello............?

:(

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: March 7, 2018, 10:06:24 am »
March 7th - Wednesday (-83)

"The world is filled with willing people; some willing to work, the rest willing to let them." - Robert Frost

Now this one I like! I'll keep this really simple too - DOING GETS IT DONE!

So, what are you looking at today that needs to be done but you're not doing it, perhaps in the hope that somebody else will? Guess what - others might be looking at the same thing........and waiting for someone else to do it.

If there's something you're passionate about and care about and it's not being done, do it.

Because only doing gets it done. :wave

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: March 7, 2018, 11:07:46 am »
March 7th - Wednesday (-83)

"The world is filled with willing people; some willing to work, the rest willing to let them." - Robert Frost

So, what are you looking at today that needs to be done but you're not doing it, perhaps in the hope that somebody else will?
I've tried to come up with a deep and profound response to this one. I really have. But all I can manage is 'the dishes'  ;D

Forgive me.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: March 7, 2018, 11:14:38 am »
I've tried to come up with a deep and profound response to this one. I really have. But all I can manage is 'the dishes'  ;D

Forgive me.
Careful - Phil Neville might be reading....... :-X ;D

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: March 7, 2018, 12:26:50 pm »
So if those deals come in, I get my 10%...........right?

Tom?

Hello............?

:(

No news yet mate. But 10% is what I have in profit, so we have to settle for less. A visit to the Everpool Diner perhaps...? ;)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: March 8, 2018, 07:52:17 am »
March 8th - Thursday (one week in)

"We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have of only we seek them with our eyes open," - Jawaharla Nehru

Beautifully inspiring words there from the first Prime Minister of India.

One week ago this morning, I awoke and for the first time in many years saw pretty much everything clearly. My world view had changed. I saw opportunity, challenge, excitement, adventure, daring, risk and above all I saw LIFE.

What can you see differently today, what adventures have you been dreaming of that here, right now, today, you can commit to? Life is short, people. Live it.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: March 8, 2018, 05:26:01 pm »
I love this thread. No more, no less... :)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: March 8, 2018, 10:02:40 pm »
I love this thread. No more, no less... :)

Seconded
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 9, 2018, 08:03:46 am »
Cheers fellas.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: March 9, 2018, 08:09:13 am »
March 9th - Friday (81 to go)

"A goal is a dream with a deadline." - Napoleon Hill

Simplest one yet - here's a dream with a deadline for you - Saturday September 15th, 2018. Are you in?

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=339385

:wave

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: March 10, 2018, 06:52:17 am »
March 10th - Saturday  (80 to go)

"If the mind is intensely eager, everything can be accomplished - mountains can be crumbled into atoms." - Swami Vivekananda

Along the line of, "If you want it badly enough..." I don't take this one literally, although there is the Buddha line, “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” That one is about approaching huge tasks in small stages but this one seems more about raising intention.

If you raise your intention sufficiently well, you can achieve things that you previously thought were impossible. At "Let's Do It, World!" we target 5% of a nation's population. Take the US - that's 17.5 million people. And we have 5 months to make that happen.

Impossible? No. Difficult? Certainly. Possible? If we want it badly enough ;)

We might not get it this time around - but the next time, I'd bet we could exceed it.......

What huge task are you facing at the moment that seems insurmountable? Can you raise your intention alone or are there people around you who can help? By the way, you can PM me if you want to talk about something. I'm a good listener.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: March 11, 2018, 12:57:37 pm »
March 11th - Sunday (79 to go)

"Practising egotism and selfishness, they try to impress other by showing off, They perform all sorts of rituals, but they gain no acceptance." - Sri Guru Granth Sahib

You can assign "they" to anyone around you who does the above. Over the years I have increasingly applied it to myself as a check-and-balance sort of thing. Do I get it right all the time? Of course not. I still get it wrong today - but I'm open to learning when I tend to do it and I always seek opportunities to apply that learning, thus becoming less frequently what others might see as showing off.

Regarding acceptance - I've found that if you seek it, you rarely get it. Instead, my intention is to be accepted by others through my deeds but not for the sake of having done them, rather for what those deeds can do to benefit them - and if I am not accepted, that's okay too - as long as we are certain that our deeds are honourable ones, we should do them for the sake of honour and not solely for acceptance.

I've just surprised my mother on Mothers' Day by flying out to see her. Logistical nightmare but the expression on her face when I walked into her house, totally unexpectedly, made it worth every centimetre ;D

What can you do today for someone that is neither egotistical nor selfish and yet requires no sense of acceptance on your part? What can you give someone today?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 12:59:29 pm by 24/7 »

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: March 11, 2018, 10:27:28 pm »
March 11th - Sunday (79 to go)

"Practising egotism and selfishness, they try to impress other by showing off, They perform all sorts of rituals, but they gain no acceptance." - Sri Guru Granth Sahib

You can assign "they" to anyone around you who does the above. Over the years I have increasingly applied it to myself as a check-and-balance sort of thing. Do I get it right all the time? Of course not. I still get it wrong today - but I'm open to learning when I tend to do it and I always seek opportunities to apply that learning, thus becoming less frequently what others might see as showing off.

Regarding acceptance - I've found that if you seek it, you rarely get it. Instead, my intention is to be accepted by others through my deeds but not for the sake of having done them, rather for what those deeds can do to benefit them - and if I am not accepted, that's okay too - as long as we are certain that our deeds are honourable ones, we should do them for the sake of honour and not solely for acceptance.

I've just surprised my mother on Mothers' Day by flying out to see her. Logistical nightmare but the expression on her face when I walked into her house, totally unexpectedly, made it worth every centimetre ;D

What can you do today for someone that is neither egotistical nor selfish and yet requires no sense of acceptance on your part? What can you give someone today?
It was on this day, March 11th, 2 years ago that my Uncle Rafa was appointed Manager at the Toon.  Every Toon fan, every person on Tyneside and every Geordie everywhere accepted him into their heart.  This is no bullshit.  If we lose him because of the salad dodging shithouse you're going to see a rant in the annoying thread like no other.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: March 12, 2018, 08:40:20 am »
March 12th - Monday (78 to go)

"Humility is the surest sign of strength." - Thomas Merton

No mealy-mouthed sermon from me today, just the quotation - and the usual question format.

What can you do today to demonstrate your humility?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: March 13, 2018, 09:23:56 am »
March 13th - Tuesday (77 to go)

"The wise man does not expect to find life worth living. He makes it that way." - Ancient Greek Proverb

I like that one. Very thought-provoking. Was wondering at first where it was going........then it made sense. It's a little like the old Latin proverb, "Fabrum suat esse quemeque fortunae!", which translates roughly to you are the maker of your own fortune, as in destiny or 'luck' as some might call it, not as in money.

So I am currently having a few struggles with purpose and identity. I am in touch with values and beliefs, as well as observing and attempting to learn from behaviours and their impact, as well as attempting to take responsibility for my actions and decisions - but purpose and identity are presenting some interesting challenges.

I'm doing plenty of work (both professionally and personally) working with others to assist them to identoy their purpose to get in touch with themselves, to establish their own sense of worth - but what is the purpose of the life I am living? What is my sense of worth? I cannot expect there to be one - I need to make it and then ensure I remain in touch with it!

What can you do today to ensure the same for yourself?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:47:02 pm by 24/7 »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #224 on: March 13, 2018, 12:22:47 pm »
What?

No piccy today?

That's it, done with this thread... ;)
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 13, 2018, 12:47:15 pm »
What?

No piccy today?

That's it, done with this thread... ;)
Fat Finger Syndrome sorry.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #226 on: March 13, 2018, 12:50:56 pm »
On a mildly more serious note, enjoyed the proverbial shift to Ancient Greece, the collapse of the Classics as a desirable course of study on both sides of the pond is a tragic indictment of western educational standards, especially given the current Orange Doughnut-in-Chief...

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 13, 2018, 06:34:13 pm »
March 13th - Tuesday (77 to go)

"The wise man does not expect to find life worth living. He makes it that way." - Ancient Greek Proverb

I like that one. Very thought-provoking. Was wondering at first where it was going........then it made sense. It's a little like the old Latin proverb, "Fabrum suat esse quemeque fortunae!", which translates roughly to you are the maker of your own fortune, as in destiny or 'luck' as some might call it, not as in money.

So I am currently having a few struggles with purpose and identity. I am in touch with values and beliefs, as well as observing and attempting to learn from behaviours and their impact, as well as attempting to take responsibility for my actions and decisions - but purpose and identity are presenting some interesting challenges.

I'm doing plenty of work (both professionally and personally) working with others to assist them to identoy their purpose to get in touch with themselves, to establish their own sense of worth - but what is the purpose of the life I am living? What is my sense of worth? I cannot expect there to be one - I need to make it and then ensure I remain in touch with it!

What can you do today to ensure the same for yourself?
When I read your post for today Jim I immediately thought about the following Latin quote my Dad has tattooed on his shoulder = "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam" which is Latin for "I shall either find a way or make one".

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: March 13, 2018, 07:35:03 pm »
When I read your post for today Jim I immediately thought about the following Latin quote my Dad has tattooed on his shoulder = "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam" which is Latin for "I shall either find a way or make one".
:thumbup

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: March 14, 2018, 09:00:58 am »
March 14th - Wednesday (76)

"Persistence will give you power to prevail over all problems." - Unknown.

Often easier said than done, I know - but I also reminded of the Wayne Gretzky line about missing 100% of the shots never taken. If we give up on something, it rarely if ever gets done. If we want to be successful at something that really matters to us, sometimes we must be persistent in the face of apparent barriers.

Sometimes those barriers are of our own making.

"Oh, we can't possibly mobilise 5% of the biggest nations on earth for a cleanup day! That's impossible!"

Self-limiting belief, right?

It's possible; it just takes will and grit and determination. And if we don't achieve it this time, there's a next and a next and a next.......

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2018, 06:51:06 am »
March 15th - Thursday (two weeks in)

"The highest education is that which does not merely give us information but makes our life in harmony with all existence." - Rabindranath Tragore

Ah, Tragore's back! Told you I liked this guy. I used him as the primary source of motivational quotations when designing and delivery communication skills for Jio in India. He always hits the nail on the head. How many schools do you know who adopt the above? Education systems seem focussed solely on academic achievement and IQ factors. Schools do not seem willing or capable of preparing kids of life.

My school at least tried - the motto was "Non solum ingenii verum etiam virtutis", taken from the writings of Cicero and referring to the building of "Not only the intellect but also the character", encouraging us to explore ourselves in the context of a sense of belonging and contribution, rather than how many qualifications we achieved.......noble sentiment, but the introduction of league tables and the shift to Academy status means that even that sentiment appears to be lost now in a sea of success based on grades........

So what to do? I don't know - but whenever I go into schools in Austria for example, our focus is on the practical application of the language in a creative and expressive sense, rather than being accurate or passing any tests. This in itself can help boost confidence and thus build character. Who knows - we might have inspired the next Nobel Peace Prize winner or set someone along the way of being a great philanthropist? We just don't know. And that's part of the thrill.....

I believe that building character in young people is important; after all, they inherit what we leave behind and they create what happens next - and when it comes to cleaning the planet, wow have we left them a mess! And it's the generation behind ours that is driving what remains of a desire for collective humankind benefit.

They should be encouraged and we should follow their example.

What can you do today that contributes to aligning that which you have been educated in academically to that which you can learn societally? (Yes, that really is a word ;) )
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 06:52:41 am by 24/7 »

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2018, 10:49:45 am »
And now a bit of Cicero...

Go on... ;D

"Teaching to the test" now plagues American education, it's a travesty...

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: March 15, 2018, 12:41:17 pm »
And now a bit of Cicero...

Go on... ;D

"Teaching to the test" now plagues American education, it's a travesty...
Bonus point if you can work out the school WITHOUT using google :P

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: March 15, 2018, 01:23:03 pm »
As someone still working in Education the creation of these league table have created schools that teach to get good results and attract the next batch of students.

In doing so we have lost somewhat the idea of helping to educate the whole person about life skills and more importantly that failing at something is just part of life and they need to acquire the tools to cope with this.

As i am working in this system i am as guilty as the next person for not looking or be given the time to enable these students to have a well rounded education including life skills and community reponsibilities which could enhance their future chances in our society.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: March 16, 2018, 10:00:19 am »
March 16th - Friday (74 to go)

"Material power that is not counterbalanced by adequate spiritual power, that is, by love and wisdom, is a curse." - Arnold J. Toynbee

Now that's some deep stuff right there and I wholeheartedly agree with it. Obsessions with material possession stifles and hinders higher consciousness and perpetuates the incessant erosion of altruism or dedication to noble causes. Sticking an exponentially-increasing price tag on everything has brought us to our knees in many areas - health, education, utilities, the lot! The entire system is close to breaking point and it feels we are losing the battle.

Thankfully there are still some who believe in the message contained in Toynbee's line. The question is if there are sufficient numbers to roll back this materialistic obsession......

Time will tell.

What can you do today in your life that acts as a counterbalance to material power? Can you spread some love and wisdom? Go on - it's the weekend ;D
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 01:52:35 pm by 24/7 »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: March 16, 2018, 06:49:06 pm »
March 14th - Wednesday (76)

"Persistence will give you power to prevail over all problems." - Unknown.

Often easier said than done, I know - but I also reminded of the Wayne Gretzky line about missing 100% of the shots never taken. If we give up on something, it rarely if ever gets done. If we want to be successful at something that really matters to us, sometimes we must be persistent in the face of apparent barriers.

Sometimes those barriers are of our own making.

"Oh, we can't possibly mobilise 5% of the biggest nations on earth for a cleanup day! That's impossible!"

Self-limiting belief, right?

It's possible; it just takes will and grit and determination. And if we don't achieve it this time, there's a next and a next and a next.......
Watch this video    :)

https://vimeo.com/252863313

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 16, 2018, 11:34:56 pm »
Watch this video    :)
Truly inspiring :o Thanks, Paul.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: March 17, 2018, 08:37:43 am »
March 17th - Saturday (73 to go)

"Today, if we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other - that man, that woman, that child is my brother or my sister. If everyone could see the image of God in his neighbour, do you think we would still need tanks and generals?" - Mother Teresa

(Again, replace 'God' with a word that works for you, if, like me, you are an atheist but still believe in the power of the spirit within each of us.)

I'm also a pacifist and a firm believer in the principle laid out by the late, great Bill Hicks, who asks us what could we do as a race if we took all the money that is spent on defence budgets and the machinery of war and instead used to feed, clothe educate and take care of the health needs of every single person on the planet, not one person excepted, not one. What could we achieve?!

It's heartbreaking to hear stories from some countries where on September 15th this year it will be illegal and potentially life-threatening to gather more than a certain number of people together to pick up some trash. The people who put those kind of rules in place are afraid! They're afraid that those trash pickers will somehow magically form a coup and encourage the rest of the population to seize power or something. Whatever drives that rule making, it's based in fear and control.

What kind of planet are we living in when individuals with a desire to effect a positive change by doing something as simple as gathering to clean up their environment find themselves controlled and manipulated by corrupt governments and institutions who do not see the image of [insert appropriate term here] in their neighbour but instead see their own fear reflected back to them and react negatively, often threateningly?

Okay - I went quite deep again. Let's keep this simple. Look at your neighbour today - can you do something positive for them? My neighbours, I don't like them much, they're rude, hostile, disruptive and ignorant in their behaviour - but I'll dig deep today and see if I can do something positive that we all can benefit from. And it won't matter of they appreciate it or not - I will know that I have done it. That shall be its own reward.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: March 17, 2018, 11:30:24 pm »
Also a Bill Hicks fan a lot of wise words in his humour.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: March 18, 2018, 08:03:04 am »
March 18th - Sunday (72 to go)

"The path to greatness requires simplicity and diligence. It requires each of us to focus on what is vital and eliminate all extraneous distractions." - Jim Collins

Can you recall a time when the barriers to something you were trying to achieve turned out to be of your own making, or the failure to reach a goal was at least partially caused by you going off on a tangent, not remaining focussed? I can remember many occasions like this in my professional and personal life.

Sometimes the principle of 'KISS' really does work ('Keep It Simple, Stupid!' for anyone who's not seen it....)

But the diligence part - that really resonates - it's not enough to say, "There is my goal! I have identified it and reaised my intention! Therefore it shall become!" If we allow ourselves to lose sight along the way and be drawn into things that are not congruent with the end goal, we risk a deviation that will result in a totally different outcome and, often, that outcome might be at odds with out intended aim.

Be true to your aim then. What are you aiming for that you can refocus on today? Sunday is usually a good day for reflection, so reflect!

I received a message yesterday quite starkly of the opinion that one of my goals is impossible to achieve. Thanks, but *I* shall decide what's possible or impossible for me......