Author Topic: Season Tickets Revoked - Please help  (Read 2540 times)

Offline red_lad82

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Season Tickets Revoked - Please help
« on: November 25, 2017, 04:19:43 pm »
Hi Ladies and Gents

Long time lurker on this site, just joined as I’ve got a bit of a problem and I could do with some advice - Admins apologies if you think this should be posted elsewhere please feel free to move this - I’m only posting it on the main forum in the hope that the more people see this the more chance I’ve got of getting some help.

My Uncle, who has held a season ticket for over 30 years and been a supporter for over 70 years and never had any problems until renewing this season. This also concerns 2 other members of the family with the same problem. The 3 season tickets had all been purchased and the Auto ticket scheme had been entered into. The problem came about back in August when he was emailed from LFC to say the credit card for the Auto ticket scheme had expired. He tried to update the card details online but found he couldn't get into his LFC account, so went personally to the ticket office to sort it out but was told there was 'a problem' with his account and he would get a letter sent to him. When the letter arrived it told him that the season ticket had been revoked and the reason for this was that he had tried to sell the season ticket. The other 2 tickets which are all together on the Kop also received similar letters.

I’ve heard of people having cards revoked over ticket exchanges, touting etc but this is a Pensioner over 80 years of age who has supported the club for over 70 years and has done nothing of what he has been accused of, nor have the other 2. They’ve tried contacting the club on a number of occasions by letter trying to set up a meeting with persons at the club to try to solve the problem but these have been ignored. After 3 months they are still no further along, nobody from the club has explained anything to them, nor presented them with the evidence that the club insists they have of him or other family members trying to sell there season tickets

I live in the hope that this is just a cock up by the club and will be sorted eventually, however we're at a loss of where to go next. If this was my season ticket - seeing how they have been so evasive and ignoring concerns of loyal supporters, I’d be inclined to give it up and never go again. But, all three have followed the club all over the place for so long, (and put a fair bit of money into the club over the years by the way but that's besides the point, just makes me angry sorry!) the least they should expect is a proper explanation from the club...hopefully some of you could give us some advice as to what avenues to go down from here (names of relevant officials, perhaps their email addresses?)... Anything that might help get someone's attention at the club would be really appreciated at this point!

Ta.

Offline McMahon

• mrrrnnggghh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Season Tickets Revoked - Please help
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 04:35:07 pm »
I feel putting it in the hands of a Solicitor may give you a better chance of getting an explanation at least. Stating such is one thing, prooving it is another.

Good Luck.

Offline Kraken

• Main Stander
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 04:37:14 pm »
I'd get in touch with Tony Barrett. He's readily contactable on twitter https://twitter.com/TonyBarrett, and is "Head of Club and Supporter Liaison at Liverpool FC".

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 11:46:36 am »
I'd get in touch with Tony Barrett. He's readily contactable on twitter https://twitter.com/TonyBarrett, and is "Head of Club and Supporter Liaison at Liverpool FC".

Good, sensible piece of advice.

Offline tgfcoton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • I see Red people everywhere - SOS 3251
Season Tickets Revoked - Please help
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 02:18:50 pm »
Also get in touch with Graham Smith on here.
Search members link above for Graham Smith and then send him a pm and go from there. Hopefully he can help as well.
Graham is on the Spirit of Shankly committee and also LFC Supporters committee.

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 07:20:59 pm »
Also Peter Moore seems like he could help if you give him a try
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp