Author Topic: CL - NK Maribor V Liverpool FC - Tuesday October 17 - 19:45  (Read 23415 times)

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CL - NK Maribor V Liverpool FC - Tuesday October 17 - 19:45
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2017, 03:54:21 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41629163

Quite a good interview with Robertson. Also explains lack of being on the bench too.

Yeah that clarifies it all.  Was particularly wondering why he wasn't even making the bench recently.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2017, 04:00:56 pm »
Yeah that clarifies it all.  Was particularly wondering why he wasn't even making the bench recently.

Thought exactly the same myself until I read that. Kinda makes sense too.

Hopefully we'll see him integrated more as he gets more up to speed with Klopp's tactics and we end up with two decent leftbacks.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2017, 04:04:57 pm »
Fine example of bias clouding judgment. Unbelievable.

Hardy unbelievable what he said is it.

He didn't start predicting seeing the Loch Ness Monster surfacing on the Mersey or James Corden winning slimmer of the year.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #203 on: October 17, 2017, 04:07:05 pm »
"Must win"? No. Should win, yes.
The math will decide the must win scenario, I don't believe we are quite there yet.
However I don't want to be in the position we ended up in a few years back with the poor results against Basel and Ludogorets. You really don't want the must win game to be in Seville.

So, its time to batter someone, and  fancy us to give this team a hiding.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #204 on: October 17, 2017, 04:10:26 pm »
Thought exactly the same myself until I read that. Kinda makes sense too.

Hopefully we'll see him integrated more as he gets more up to speed with Klopp's tactics and we end up with two decent leftbacks.
What's interesting is that Robertson states that he thinks his purchase has pushed Alberto on to train harder and perform better. Its that pressure for a first team place that we need to have across all roles, that can help some of our less consistent performers step up and be consistent.

Would love to see Oxtail Chambermaid play today and have a blinder, putting pressure on Salah and Mane for a regular starting place should their standards drop. Nothing worse than having key players think they will be picked every week even if they have a shit spell of form.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #205 on: October 17, 2017, 04:13:51 pm »
Seemed apt :)

It's funny if we had bought Moreno this season, people would be saying we've got our left back sorted for years.
Absolute nonsense. He hasn't been playing that well!!! It's not like he's been solid at the back and setting up all our goals is it?

All I said is Robertson deserves a chance too. Just like everyone else has had in the squad.

Moreno has been a little bit better than average. Which is a massive improvement from where he has been at and hopefully long may it continue. But if Karius gets a go then Robertson certainly should. Bit of competition never hurt anyone eh?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #206 on: October 17, 2017, 04:49:24 pm »
many apologies if this has been asked already or if it's on another thread but which channel is this on tonight ? I have BT sport but I cannot see it mentioned on any of their channels. Thanks in advance
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: October 17, 2017, 04:49:26 pm »
What's interesting is that Robertson states that he thinks his purchase has pushed Alberto on to train harder and perform better. Its that pressure for a first team place that we need to have across all roles, that can help some of our less consistent performers step up and be consistent.

So if we were to get another centre back in as competition....  ;D
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #208 on: October 17, 2017, 04:49:42 pm »
Absolute nonsense. He hasn't been playing that well!!! It's not like he's been solid at the back and setting up all our goals is it?

All I said is Robertson deserves a chance too. Just like everyone else has had in the squad.

Moreno has been a little bit better than average. Which is a massive improvement from where he has been at and hopefully long may it continue. But if Karius gets a go then Robertson certainly should. Bit of competition never hurt anyone eh?

You're biased so I think i'll disregard that. Anyone that thinks Moreno has improved to "just above average" is fooling themselves.

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: October 17, 2017, 04:50:08 pm »

;D

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #210 on: October 17, 2017, 05:01:20 pm »
Your post seems like an elaborate attempt of coming up with a pre-emptive excuse if we don't indeed win. "But we're only 3 games in, we could stll finish in the top 2 if we win and other results go our way" etc, etc. There will be absolutely no excuse if we fail to beat a team from a league that compares in quality with sides from League One. Like others have said, it's a "must win" not because we literally and positively must win in order to progress, but because we really need our first 3 points of the CL campaign against piss-poor opposition especially as we've been failing to win matches as of late.

Which would make sense apart from the fact that I agree that we should beat them - so why would I want an excuse? Also, is it really that elaborate to talk about blatantly obvious facts?

As for the person who compared it to "dying for a shite" - completely different. One is a turn of phrase the other is clearly a deliberate statement.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #211 on: October 17, 2017, 05:10:33 pm »
Must win. Got a tenner on. Ok gotta go, touching cloth here.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: October 17, 2017, 05:13:54 pm »
must

verb
be obliged to; should (expressing necessity).
"you must show your ID card"
synonyms:   ought to, should, have to, have got to, need to, be obliged to, be required to, be compelled to, be under an obligation to
"I must go"
expressing an opinion about something that is logically very likely.
"there must be something wrong"

Must win game

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: October 17, 2017, 05:19:29 pm »
many apologies if this has been asked already or if it's on another thread but which channel is this on tonight ? I have BT sport but I cannot see it mentioned on any of their channels. Thanks in advance

It's on BT Sport ESPN, whatever that means
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: October 17, 2017, 05:20:15 pm »

But that isn't all what you said - giving Robertson a chance. You have had a dig at Moreno without acknowledging that Moreno has been good this season and has played well enough to retain his position. You want him replaced with Robertson who has yet to be tested defensively and has had limited game. It's Moreno's spot to keep until he is rotated or loses form. Keep scratching your head and you might come to realize why Moreno is currently ahead. We simply haven't seen enough of Robertson to even consider whether he should be ahead of Moreno. He may in time but hasn't been given a chance. Those chances are limited as a result of Moreno's form. We have no need to change or concern ourselves with that position for now. There are other areas of the pitch that require attention.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: October 17, 2017, 05:21:26 pm »

As for the person who compared it to "dying for a shite" - completely different. One is a turn of phrase the other is clearly a deliberate statement.

nope, i suspect most people including myself know that not winning the game isn't the end.  Saying 'must win' doesn't necessarily relate to the group positions and going through to the knockouts

Its all about the context in which you say it i suppose and the tone of voice you use.

So i will say

5 times European champions Liverpool playing a team from Slovenia is a must win game.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #216 on: October 17, 2017, 05:26:28 pm »
It's on BT Sport ESPN, whatever that means

Cheers for that. I am sure I will find it then. You would think they would just name their channels 1,2, 3, 4 etc etc !
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #217 on: October 17, 2017, 05:29:38 pm »
Should win game.

Online BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: October 17, 2017, 05:43:56 pm »
Ought to win this game
High expectations we'll win this game
Reckon we'll win this game
Probably win this game
Likely to win this game
Should win this game
Not a must win game but we better fucking do 'em
Gonna smash these fuckers
With all things considered, size of club, history, squad value, wage bill, variety of cuisine available in the respective canteens - Liverpool should statistically win this game by 7.39 - 1.3 goals

All come before this being an absolute must win game
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: October 17, 2017, 05:50:34 pm »
Must not lose game

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #220 on: October 17, 2017, 05:53:11 pm »
I'm game...........

............and so must be my wife!

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #221 on: October 17, 2017, 05:59:48 pm »
Could potentially be a must not concede more goals than the opposition type of game.

Won't be able to watch most of it so hopefully i get to catch up some bits

Time to change this one win in 8 bollocks - let's take a massive step to 2 in 9. In all seriousness, it's time to get our groove/mojo back, we know this set of players is capable of sublime goal-scoring football.

Alberto Moreno hat trick.
Cheers
The change is cast

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: October 17, 2017, 06:02:15 pm »
Cheers for that. I am sure I will find it then. You would think they would just name their channels 1,2, 3, 4 etc etc !
Guides here and you can log into BT sport for each channel as well.
http://sport.bt.com/tv-guide-01363810618853

Offline nellyp

• hant. All Hail the old new Baldrick!!!
  • Anny Roader
  • Life's not black and white, it's red and white
« Reply #223 on: October 17, 2017, 06:14:14 pm »
Guides here and you can log into BT sport for each channel as well.
http://sport.bt.com/tv-guide-01363810618853

Just back in the Uk, and will need to stream this. What effect could that have on my nephew's internet service? I could use a VPN but it will throttle the stream
In a world of uncertainty and worry, it is calming to know that as a fan of the greatest club in the world I will never walk alone

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #224 on: October 17, 2017, 06:17:17 pm »
Must win. Got a tenner on. Ok gotta go, touching cloth here.

What you gonna do with that £1.76 odd profit?!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #225 on: October 17, 2017, 06:20:42 pm »
Why would we drop Moreno? He's been great this season

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: October 17, 2017, 06:23:36 pm »
Just back in the Uk, and will need to stream this. What effect could that have on my nephew's internet service? I could use a VPN but it will throttle the stream
If you have a BT account (or mate etc.) then you simply login with email/password, you are in the UK so don't know why you would need a VPN but if you want a stream then look here https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=323139.4120 and maybe in this case you might use a VPN, I don't bother.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #227 on: October 17, 2017, 06:27:12 pm »
curious to see what we do here after the debacle of the podcasts and blogs predicting a cricket score against the Russians. They also drew against Spartak. By whatever means, and hopefully a tactical approach of the manager, we need to raise our game by about a goal or two. Let's hope they are not agricultural in their tackles, and I'd like a comfortable early lead followed by a masterclass of defensive possession.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: October 17, 2017, 06:29:16 pm »

#LFC team v @nkmaribor: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Lovren, Moreno, Milner, Wijnaldum, Can, Salah, Coutinho, Firmino.
#LFC subs v @nkmaribor: Mignolet, Gomez, Klavan, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Solanke, Sturridge.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: October 17, 2017, 06:30:23 pm »
Strong team!

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #230 on: October 17, 2017, 06:30:49 pm »
Can at the 6? Expected that side pretty much but didn't think Henderson would be dropped/rested. Milner will come in and play well. We've got this.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #231 on: October 17, 2017, 06:31:42 pm »
AOC deserves a start
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #232 on: October 17, 2017, 06:31:56 pm »
Why would we drop Moreno? He's been great this season

He's been okay in some games, but overall still has the defensive acumen of a sunday league winger. Robertson needs to play; he's the better player and what was the point in buying him otherwise?

Robertson and Chambo should both be starting this game.
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline nellyp

• Anny Roader
« Reply #233 on: October 17, 2017, 06:32:53 pm »
If you have a BT account (or mate etc.) then you simply login with email/password, you are in the UK so don't know why you would need a VPN but if you want a stream then look here https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=323139.4120 and maybe in this case you might use a VPN, I don't bother.

The VPN would be to protect my nephew's identity. I am just worried he will get in trouble if I stream a game. No problems in Thailand, but don't know how strict they are in the UK yet.

Thanks for the info
In a world of uncertainty and worry, it is calming to know that as a fan of the greatest club in the world I will never walk alone

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #234 on: October 17, 2017, 06:33:47 pm »
Ox situation is slightly ridiculous.

Offline nellyp

• Anny Roader
« Reply #235 on: October 17, 2017, 06:35:51 pm »

I agree with this. When will they get a start otherwise? Surely this is an ideal game for them...though I do understand we really could do with the 3 points, I would imagine we should not be scared of losing just because these two are on the pitch

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: October 17, 2017, 06:36:52 pm »

Why should they?

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #238 on: October 17, 2017, 06:37:26 pm »
Ox situation is slightly ridiculous.
There is no Ox situation - the manager will determine when he is regarded as ready - that is why he gets paid the big money

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #239 on: October 17, 2017, 06:37:30 pm »
What you gonna do with that £1.76 odd profit?!

No no my boy - on Maribor, obviously. I always have a little flutter on the opposition to deaden the pain if the worst comes to the worst in a game that we must, at all costs, like absolutely without fail, win.