Author Topic: Ligue 1  (Read 123023 times)

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ligue 1 17/18
« Reply #280 on: April 15, 2018, 09:57:53 pm »
Can't believe Neymar plays for these, what a shit league. Makes the Bundesliga look competitive.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: April 15, 2018, 09:59:45 pm »
The Monaco teams of the last two seasons have been pillaged. Fabinho and Lemar left and they're off in the summer.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #282 on: April 15, 2018, 10:05:14 pm »
Is Tuchel for Emery still the talk for PSG?

He's already taken a new job, I can only imagine it's either PSG or Chelsea maybe?! But all the talk is indeed PSG.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #283 on: April 15, 2018, 10:07:27 pm »
He's already taken a new job, I can only imagine it's either PSG or Chelsea maybe?! But all the talk is indeed PSG.

Looking forward to seeing him back in management, especially with the talent PSG have. Oof.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #284 on: April 15, 2018, 10:46:39 pm »
Ligue 1 is cack. It's not just because of PSG and their oily billions. In terms of pure football, I'd much rather watch a game between two teams from the bottom half of the table from almost any other major European league (PL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga) than Ligue 1.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: April 15, 2018, 10:48:34 pm »
Looking forward to seeing him back in management, especially with the talent PSG have. Oof.

hopefully he doesn't fall out with too many of them if he goes there  ;D

Offline NGreat

• Kopite
« Reply #286 on: April 15, 2018, 11:37:13 pm »
Is Tuchel for Emery still the talk for PSG?
Looks like it. Julien Laurens said it's 100% done on the Totally Football Show last week.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: April 16, 2018, 10:32:35 am »
Depay has been killing it in French league this year.

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #288 on: April 19, 2018, 12:44:24 pm »
Nice little story  in regards to Les Herbiers getting to the French cup final

Shame It won’t be a competetive  one against PSG.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: April 19, 2018, 12:46:59 pm »
Nice little story  in regards to Les Herbiers getting to the French cup final

Shame It won’t be a competetive  one against PSG.

Will they make it into Europe, as PSG will obviously already be in the Champions League?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: April 21, 2018, 04:51:40 pm »
Lille are in a world of trouble. Avoiding relegation looks very, very difficult for them now. Will that cripple them financially?

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #291 on: April 21, 2018, 05:08:05 pm »
Lille are in a world of trouble. Avoiding relegation looks very, very difficult for them now. Will that cripple them financially?

When Everton touches you...
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: May 7, 2018, 04:13:35 pm »

They are a bit more comfortable now that they won 2 in a row, they should win against Dijon at home next. Also Strasbpurh will face Lyon, Troyes will be at Montpellierand Toulouse will be at Bordeaux.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: May 7, 2018, 07:59:56 pm »
 For those who watch a bit more Ligue 1, a certain Nabil from a certain city famous for the coq au vin, is he lacking in a bit of pace? Just randomly thought of checking him out, no idea why really, and the first vid I saw seemed like it was filmed while he had a bet going on of never doing a full sprint.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: May 8, 2018, 03:29:17 pm »
Canal+ journo.

https://twitter.com/RomainCG75/with_replies

#Fekir a rencontré #Klopp, très bon contacts entre eux. Fekir va signer à #Liverpool pour 70M€ sauf imprévu. #Chelsea a aussi tenté sa chance, sans réussite.

Nabil Fekir has had a very good meeting with Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp. Fekir will sign for Liverpool for €70M (£61.6M) unless there are unforeseen circumstances. Chelsea also tried to sign Fekir but have failed.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #295 on: May 8, 2018, 04:02:41 pm »
The fact no one in England had a sniff of it until it came out of France means that we've at least improved from the Van Dijk situation last August ;D

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #296 on: May 8, 2018, 04:19:12 pm »

I forgot the transfer window opens next week. We can buy/sell players even though we will have a game left to play.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: May 8, 2018, 04:34:30 pm »
I forgot the transfer window opens next week. We can buy/sell players even though we will have a game left to play.
Why is it opening so soon? World Cup? I'm sure clubs have been talking for months, just a case of now making it all offical. Let me be the first to say Bienvenue Nabil :)
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: May 8, 2018, 05:40:28 pm »
We're also apparently bringing his brother Yassine along too. He's a midfielder.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #299 on: May 8, 2018, 07:41:25 pm »
French Cup Final on in a minute, third division minnows Les Herbiers against neutrals’ favourites PSG.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2018, 07:44:19 pm by Iska »

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: May 8, 2018, 07:50:22 pm »
I wonder if a team in Europe has ever kicked off 1/40 to win a Cup final before tonight. PSG are only just over evens to cover a 4 goal handicap.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: May 8, 2018, 08:18:49 pm »
Another French based journo.

https://twitter.com/Nabil_djellit/with_replies

Klopp peut toujours ironiser sur un accord avec Fekir. Les deux hommes se sont rencontrés en début d'année. Il y a un accord verbal entre eux. Reste tout le reste, accord entre clubs, possible concurrence d'autres écuries. Confirmé mais pas signé, un peu comme Tuchel !

Klopp can always iron on an agreement with Faulkner. The two men met at the beginning of the year. There's a verbal agreement between them. Everything else, agreement between clubs, possible competition from other stables. Confirmed but not signed, a bit like Tuchel!

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #302 on: May 8, 2018, 09:06:00 pm »
Just 1-0 at half-time.

PSG hit the post about 4 times, got the goal and haven't looked like they want embarrass them since.

Great support from the crowd.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: May 8, 2018, 09:21:28 pm »
Another French based journo.

https://twitter.com/Nabil_djellit/with_replies

If he's any relation to George Gillett, I wouldn't say he's really trustworthy.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #304 on: May 8, 2018, 09:39:34 pm »
Herbiers keeper having an absolute stormer here
« Last Edit: May 8, 2018, 09:44:14 pm by frag »

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: May 9, 2018, 01:02:19 am »
For those who watch a bit more Ligue 1, a certain Nabil from a certain city famous for the coq au vin, is he lacking in a bit of pace? Just randomly thought of checking him out, no idea why really, and the first vid I saw seemed like it was filmed while he had a bet going on of never doing a full sprint.

I randomly watched a video of this same gentleman recently. My question was regarding his favourite position. Some say he could play in any of the front 3 positions of some team in a different country. However in the video he seemed to spend most of his time coming forward from midfield. #8? #10? Winger? False 9? Where is he best?

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #306 on: May 10, 2018, 12:33:42 pm »
Will Neymar sign for Madrid this summer?

It feels like he (and his family) really want the move, and maybe the move to PSG was a temporary one, in order to facilitate a move to Madrid? As it would be very difficult for him to move from Barcelona to Madrid directly.

Will it happen this summer or next?

I wonder if he had a gentleman's agreement with PSG to give them 2 seasons to try and win the CL and then be allowed to move on?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: May 14, 2018, 12:04:02 pm »
PSG are confirming Thomas Tuchel as their new coach today.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: May 14, 2018, 02:41:18 pm »

terrible decision. They're such an arsebackwards club.

Their ultimate goal is to win the CL and they hire him?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: May 14, 2018, 03:14:14 pm »
terrible decision. They're such an arsebackwards club.

Their ultimate goal is to win the CL and they hire him?

It's actually not his football nous that would concern me, as I think he's a really good coach, and will actually be a very good choice for them in that sense. It's the stuff behind the scenes that would put flags up for me, but then again, this is his ultimate job - lots of money, lots of great players, no commitment to youth or building. So he may keep the attitude and ego in check for a while!

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: May 14, 2018, 04:39:27 pm »
It's actually not his football nous that would concern me, as I think he's a really good coach, and will actually be a very good choice for them in that sense. It's the stuff behind the scenes that would put flags up for me, but then again, this is his ultimate job - lots of money, lots of great players, no commitment to youth or building. So he may keep the attitude and ego in check for a while!

His football nous concerns me as well, his stint at Borussia was not impressive at all. he was backed massively, and he did very little with it [outside of the league cup], with the amount of talent he had there, and the amount of talent he will have now, he fills me with no confidence.

He isn't a better coach than Emery, he isn't better than Ancelotti[who they had], I am not even sure he's better than Blanc.

They are desperately trying to get to the next step in Europe, and Tuchel imo is not that guy to get them there.

Baffling decision.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: May 14, 2018, 04:46:10 pm »
we shall have to agree to disagree :) I can't stand the man, think he's come across really poorly from his time at Dortmund. But I do think he's a really good coach. Yes, his time at Dortmund was pretty much split half and half into good / and underwhelming, and especially the end of his first season, and the away form the 2nd season was really really underwhelming

There where some mitigating circumstances in the 2nd season though, injuries, losing key players, one or 2 of them where not really  replaced adequately.

I just want to see how he deals with the egos there though, he clashed with plenty of people in Dortmund, so that might be fun.
But if he does deal with it, I think he'll be very good coach for them. Get the feeling some might be underestimating what a good coach he is.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: May 14, 2018, 04:49:20 pm »
He will be judged purely on what PSG do in Europe, I'm sure they'll be fine in France and will probably win another domestic treble, but everything will be judged on what they get done in the CL.

I just don't see him taking the next step for them.

We shall see

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #313 on: May 14, 2018, 05:13:44 pm »
Two year deal. Great show of confidence ::)

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #314 on: May 14, 2018, 06:00:49 pm »

So it's happened it has obviously been on the cards. A two-year deal though is nothing really and with so many big egos to coach, I think he will be up against it. I supposed it depends how the "big stars" react to his appointment. It would appear Neymar is trying to get to Real Madrid, and he seems one of the disruptive players. So maybe it will work if he gets an immediate reaction from the players left.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: May 15, 2018, 03:49:40 am »
Some amusing comments from BVB supporters on Reddit when asked about expectations for Tuchel at PSG.  Not sure how accurate these are (Tuchel certainly divided opinions) but slightly amusing to me anyway:  :D

One fan:
"they should expect to win in European competitions against Madrid and then lose in the league against Sacrébleu FC after rotating all the team and/or using Verrati as a fullback."

Another:
"-He'll get along fine with rockstars like Neymar as long as they deliver.
-I pity anyone who is not a keyplayer and can be replaced
-Be prepared to say goodbye to veterans and legends.
-Shit player? If Tuchel likes them, they will play until they are form.
-Huge potential? If Tuchel doesn't like them, they'll play 500 minutes all season.
-Be prepared for tactics to change at a whim. Just won 6-0 with a 4231? Let's try 3 back.
-On occasion, matchday lineups may make absolutely no sense on paper
-Half the time, the nonsensical lineups will actually work
-Other times... they won't. Just hope the good days fall on the important games.
-He'll probably grind out results against hard teams. Not that there's many of those for PSG.
-He might occasionally inexplicably drop points against poxy teams."
King Kenny.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: May 15, 2018, 11:39:15 am »
The line up and tactical change things is very true. He would honestly change formatiom 3 or 4 times in a game and think nothing of it, your head be spinning after watching 90 mins of a BVB game in his 2nd seaosn there, and not cos they where entertaining just from trying to keep up with who was doing what. I think the players struggled with it too  ;D

The player things are probaly true to an extent. He certainly fell out with Mats Hummels, and Sven Bender decided to leave the club because of him, and Schmelzer, Reus and Sahin didn't exactly hide their annoyances with him.

Still, like I say, good coach  ;D Maybe he's had some personality training in the last year!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: May 15, 2018, 12:03:41 pm »
Glad to see that PSG didn't end up unbeaten, at the start of the season they looked like doing just that.

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: May 16, 2018, 03:51:51 pm »
The line up and tactical change things is very true. He would honestly change formatiom 3 or 4 times in a game and think nothing of it, your head be spinning after watching 90 mins of a BVB game in his 2nd seaosn there, and not cos they where entertaining just from trying to keep up with who was doing what. I think the players struggled with it too  ;D

The player things are probaly true to an extent. He certainly fell out with Mats Hummels, and Sven Bender decided to leave the club because of him, and Schmelzer, Reus and Sahin didn't exactly hide their annoyances with him.

Still, like I say, good coach  ;D Maybe he's had some personality training in the last year!

Tuchel is kind of an odd duck.  I dunno, it's like players and staff either love him or hate him and there's no in-between.  Supporters probably have similarly split opinions.

He's only 44, and he's already been dividing opinions and making more headlines (and headaches) than more experienced managers!

Will certainly be interesting for him in Paris.
King Kenny.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: May 16, 2018, 04:00:34 pm »
Apparently Marseille are signing Balotelli.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590