Author Topic: Signs You're Getting Old  (Read 23753 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Signs You're Getting Old
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2017, 09:40:15 am »
Getting quite excited about buying various plastic boxes to store things in
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2017, 09:42:16 am »
yeah that hangover thing, fucking hell....

not a big drinker anymore but had a HEAVY one on Friday. Still felt it on Monday morning! that's never happened to me before

2 days yeah but 3?! geez

I have heard literally dozens and dozens of people my age say this very same thing.  And yep, Hangovers do last for bloody days now.

The thing is though, when i was a teen and in my 20/30's i cannot remember middle aged blokes moaning about hangovers.

Makes me wonder what the fuck brewers are sticking in the ale these days.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2017, 11:25:42 am »
Getting quite excited about buying various plastic boxes to store things in

A close relative of taking an inordinate amount of time sorting the waste into the relevant recycling bin.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2017, 12:37:00 pm »
Getting annoyed hearing the neighbour-kids shouting and screaming while they're playing outside. Never really bothered me in the past, but found myself thinking "Why they fuck can't they play a bit more quiet?" from time to time... Not that I'm tempted to complain or shout at them, but that probably only starts when you're 60 or so... ;)

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2017, 12:39:28 pm »
When you realise that kids born in 2000 will vote next year.
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2017, 12:41:23 pm »
When you're 10, five years is forever.

When you're 20, it's still a long time.

When you're 60, five years is like a long weekend.
Kill the humourless

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2017, 01:03:42 pm »
Sorting out my sons first car and insurance and posting for advice in a RAWK Car insurance thread.

Doesn't seem like 5 minutes ago i was trying to sort my own insurance on a 205 GTI :(

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2017, 01:20:40 pm »

25 years was forever, now its a possible number for how many years I've left to live - I'm hoping to at least make 75. That'll also mean my kids are 34 and 31 so they've at least had a Dad in their lives for a decent amount of time.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2017, 02:02:46 pm »
Tutting at things I used to laugh at or do myself.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2017, 02:51:29 pm »
Had a trim?

It's the speed they grow that's frightening. I obviously don't spend hours admiring myself in the mirror but it's the fa t you look and suddenly see one that's sprouted that's twice as long as all the rest.

I only get my hair cut when my eyebrows are too long
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2017, 02:53:50 pm »
When you realise that kids born in 2000 will vote next year.

One of the cases I dealt with in work recently, the receiving parent was born in January 2000. Put me off working for a good few minutes so I could get over the fact it made me feel ancient.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2017, 03:06:02 pm »

Daniel Tammet, the famous mathematician wrote an interesting book about this very subject called 'Thinking in numbers".

It - in part - describes how summers feel like forever when you're young because, they almost are, relative to how old you are. A 3-month summer when you are 5, is 5% of your whole life, spent in that summer. When you're 50, it's just 0.5% of your life and thus it feels like it has gone that much quicker because your perception of time has change.

It's a good read.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2017, 03:16:49 pm »
STD's used to be dialing codes
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2017, 03:22:23 pm »
... Saturday afternoons, cleaning the house, Sunday evenings, ironing the shit out of the wrinkled shirts for the work week and Friday evenings, shopping for the weekend and next week.

STD's used to be dialing codes

And Apple and Blackberrys were merely fruits.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2017, 08:51:35 pm »
Blackberrys were merely fruits.

We've pretty much returned to that now.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2017, 08:06:05 pm »
Nailed it in the first post Titi!

Walking into a room, and then not remembering what you went in for.
Back Fat?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2017, 03:53:27 am »
When I'm watching the US/Jamaica Gold Cup Final, and Damian Lowe is mentioned, and my first thought is, "That's Onandi Lowe's son..." And he is...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2017, 06:14:14 am »
We've pretty much returned to that now.

One down, one to go?

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2017, 07:25:43 am »
You get offended by online articles saying men can't wear hoodies after 40 (even though you're 36).

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2017, 02:16:42 pm »
You get offended by online articles saying men can't wear hoodies after 40 (even though you're 36).

Fuk dat.
Kill the humourless

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2017, 02:21:20 pm »
One down, one to go?
Fat chance. Apple could remove the whole screen on their iPhone 8 and people will still queue up since 2am to buy it.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2017, 03:01:13 pm »
Fat chance. Apple could remove the whole screen on their iPhone 8 and people will still queue up since 2am to buy it.

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2017, 03:17:36 pm »
Another post 40 milestone collected!
Went for an eye test yesterday as it's gradually detoriated over the last year with sitting in front of a pc all week for nearly 20 years,came back with a receipt and precription for reading glasses!! 

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2017, 04:03:10 pm »
I only get my hair cut when my eyebrows are too long

;D I had a haircut recently and I was rushing so forgot to get them to trim the eyebrows and now I look like Denis Healy

I'd also add in waking up, feeling like shit and trying to remember how many you had last night to feel that rough. Then you realise you never had a beer the night before and have had 7 hours sleep and that is just how you feel these days when you wake up
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 04:04:53 pm by Rysoph76 »
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2017, 04:09:24 pm »

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2017, 05:10:52 pm »
Went for an eye test yesterday as it's gradually detoriated over the last year with sitting in front of a pc all week for nearly 20 years,came back with a receipt and precription for reading glasses!! 

Too true mate - the girl in the opticians asked me when I last had my eyes tested, told it was 27 years in my final year at school - she looked horrified - probably as she was 'only' 26...

Another 3 tears and and 90's would have started 30 years ago... eeek!

Still remember Italia '90 like it was yesterday (which is weird 'cos I can't remember yesterday at all)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2017, 05:19:49 pm »

I've worn contacts for years, when I was 44 I was having my usual check up and did the reading dead easy as usual. Optician asks me how old I was, tells him, he says next year, due to my age, I wont be able to do that. I was like yeah whatever - 12 months on I needed reading glasses :no

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2017, 06:06:47 pm »
When you are addicted to your allotment.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2017, 08:23:33 pm »
When your legs go after playing footy for a hour. Finally happened to me last week, time for the pirlo role and grow my hair long with a beard. Or might go for the Welsh xavi iniesta look.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2017, 08:55:09 pm »
When your legs go after playing footy for a hour. Finally happened to me last week, time for the pirlo role and grow my hair long with a beard. Or might go for the Welsh xavi iniesta look.
An hour?!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2017, 08:57:52 pm »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2017, 08:58:45 pm »
I'm more at the 10 minute mark :)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2017, 09:10:03 pm »
You remember when Everton won a trophy.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2017, 09:22:23 pm »
You remember when Everton won a trophy.

You can no longer remember when Everton last won a trophy  ;)

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2017, 09:46:05 pm »
You live by yourself and spending everyday outside of the house are a distant memory.

You wake up in the middle of the night, every single night, to pee.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2017, 10:18:04 pm »
;D I had a haircut recently and I was rushing so forgot to get them to trim the eyebrows and now I look like Denis Healy

I'd also add in waking up, feeling like shit and trying to remember how many you had last night to feel that rough. Then you realise you never had a beer the night before and have had 7 hours sleep and that is just how you feel these days when you wake up

Knowing what Denis Healey's eyebrows looked like.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2017, 10:27:22 pm »
Medication.

You will have some sort of repeat prescription.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2017, 10:41:48 pm »
Starting to wonder how old most of you lot are. I'm 28 but can relate to almost every post on this thread.  :-\

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2017, 10:43:07 pm »
Starting to wonder how old most of you lot are. I'm 28 but can relate to almost every post on this thread.  :-\

Are you Benjamin Button?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2017, 10:46:57 pm »

28? You're still a child ;D

I was 50 last December. Tom Jones, the green green grass of home was no1 the day I was born.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 10:48:37 pm by rob1966 »