Author Topic: Rise of Acid Attacks  (Read 7351 times)

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rise of Acid Attacks
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2017, 09:11:21 am »
And rapists should be raped,are you going to nominate yourself to carry out the sentence ?

An eye for an eye & the whole world will be able to see in the dark.
Indeed. And the cost of implementing such a policy?
Even the 'Tooth Fairy Alliance' has stated "There's no magic money tree".
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2017, 09:37:05 am »
Vast majority is questionable

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/east-london-acid-attack-terrorism-islamophobia-a7817466.html

I'd think it's fair to say the majority over the past few years have been related to criminality and gang activity outside of terrorism. BBC from 4 years ago: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24835910 BBC from a few months back: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39328233

It doesn't preclude it being used in hate crimes or 'domestic violence' though.

"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2017, 09:59:56 am »
Vast majority is questionable

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/east-london-acid-attack-terrorism-islamophobia-a7817466.html

What a terrible article, shoehorning in one acid attack to advance a nasty and divisive (and entirely un-evidenced) claim of islamophobia. So much false equivalence in there! Identity politics is ugly as fuck.

Seems like the twat of a writer had that all pre-written, then thought 'hmm how can I get this published - ah yay! There was an acid attack on muslims! Given the newsworthyness of acid attacks lately I can shoehorn it in there, all I need is one paragraph on the attack'.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2017, 10:19:51 am »
What a terrible article, shoehorning in one acid attack to advance a nasty and divisive (and entirely un-evidenced) claim of islamophobia. So much false equivalence in there! Identity politics is ugly as fuck.

Seems like the twat of a writer had that all pre-written, then thought 'hmm how can I get this published - ah yay! There was an acid attack on muslims! Given the newsworthyness of acid attacks lately I can shoehorn it in there, all I need is one paragraph on the attack'.
As shocking as the attack was, most mainstream media has either failed to cover it or at best relegated it to a minor story. One can’t help but feel that if Jameel and Resham were James and Rebecca, and white rather than Asian, then their images would have made headline news for at least a day. [/b]

One week after the Grenfell Tower disaster? No. I don't think so.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2017, 10:36:50 am »
As shocking as the attack was, most mainstream media has either failed to cover it or at best relegated it to a minor story. One can’t help but feel that if Jameel and Resham were James and Rebecca, and white rather than Asian, then their images would have made headline news for at least a day. [/b]

One week after the Grenfell Tower disaster? No. I don't think so.

It's palpable how gutted the writer is that the Finsbury park attack was correctly labelled a terrorist attack - but even that didn't stop him trying to slip it in the article, with a negative insinuation, and no mention that it did actually happen:

"No surprise then that in the immediate aftermath of the Finsbury Park tragedy, Ashish Joshi of Sky News was hounded by Muslims filled with rage outside the mosque who demanded that the mowing down of Muslims be called out for what it is: a “terrorist attack”."

Ugly ugly agenda being pushed.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2017, 11:46:42 am »
It's palpable how gutted the writer is that the Finsbury park attack was correctly labelled a terrorist attack - but even that didn't stop him trying to slip it in the article, with a negative insinuation, and no mention that it did actually happen:

"No surprise then that in the immediate aftermath of the Finsbury Park tragedy, Ashish Joshi of Sky News was hounded by Muslims filled with rage outside the mosque who demanded that the mowing down of Muslims be called out for what it is: a “terrorist attack”."

You sound gutted that people are calling out Islamphobia.. drop the faux-outrage, you only have to look at comment sections nowadays to see anti-Muslim sentiment is rife.. it's an "ugly, ugly agenda"

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2017, 12:01:12 pm »
You sound gutted that people are calling out Islamphobia.. drop the faux-outrage, you only have to look at comment sections nowadays to see anti-Muslim sentiment is rife.. it's an "ugly, ugly agenda"

Not everything is "Islamphobia" or anti-Muslim sentiment though is it? Calling these attacks something they are not is only going to de-legitimise actual calling out of discrimination against Muslims.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2017, 12:03:45 pm »

Tomlin, who is white, then fled the scene after attacking the pair, who are of South Asian descent, but eventually turned himself in. Police described the attack as a hate crime.

Mukhtar has said he believes they were targeted because of their Islamic faith.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/07/uk-acid-attack-survivors-demand-government-action-170715064824392.html

Not sure where the line gets drawn between hate crime and terrorism, but if the Police described it as a hate crime it's not that short of ticking all the boxes for terrorism.

With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2017, 12:05:01 pm »

If you can't spot that persons agenda, that's on you.

I'm not outraged with the author, and there's nothing faux in what I'm saying - that's ironically enough a criticism you could offer the author of that. Just calling out an agenda when it's clear.

I have a problem with anti-muslim bigotry, and have spoken up on it on the occasions I've witnessed it.

Tomlin, who is white, then fled the scene after attacking the pair, who are of South Asian descent, but eventually turned himself in. Police described the attack as a hate crime.

Mukhtar has said he believes they were targeted because of their Islamic faith.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/07/uk-acid-attack-survivors-demand-government-action-170715064824392.html

Not sure where the line gets drawn between hate crime and terrorism, but if the Police described it as a hate crime it's not that short of ticking all the boxes for terrorism.

The police also said this:

Police are appealing for information on a man they want to speak to regarding the acid attack, which took place in Tollgate Road at around 9.15am on 21 June.

A spokesperson described John Tomlin, 24, as white, around 6ft tall, of stocky build and with short fair hair, saying he is known to frequent the Canning Town area.

“While enquiries into this attack remain ongoing, there is no current information to suggest that this attack was racially or religiously motivated,” he added.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/muslim-man-acid-attack-victim-why-not-terror-attack-east-london-jameel-muhktar-resham-khan-21st-a7816331.html

PS I was talking about the Finsbury Park attack, and the writer's faux outrage about things being labelled terror attacks (even though it rightly was labelled that - hence the obvious agenda)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:08:14 pm by Classycara »

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2017, 12:13:29 pm »
Yeah,

There's been a lot of acid attacks and the five the other day only brought about it to the countries attention just how often it's happening.

It's quite possible that some are racially motivated, whilst in other cases race has nothing to do with it.

We'll see, I suppose.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2017, 12:17:48 pm »
Yeah,

There's been a lot of acid attacks and the five the other day only brought about it to the countries attention just how often it's happening.

It's quite possible that some are racially motivated, whilst in other cases race has nothing to do with it.

We'll see, I suppose.

Totally agree. I'm also only saying we'll see on that particular case, once we know more of the case - not trying to downplay how horrific it is. Just felt a bit unsavoury seeing it cynically used for political capital by Sufyan Ismail

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2017, 12:18:24 pm »
The line was already posted on the previous page:
What is Terrorism?

Terrorism is the use or threat of action, both in and outside of the UK, designed to influence any international government organisation or to intimidate the public. It must also be for the purpose of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2017, 04:10:31 pm »
Just from that article - a third happen in Newham. Why is that?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2017, 04:13:27 pm »
I also see the attacks happen 2 to 1 to men over women. I feel like that's still a really high amount of women in comparison to something like stabbings?

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2017, 05:22:24 pm »
Vice documentary on the subject (nsfl):

https://youtu.be/EscjYGHKHxM

Offline DivisiveNewSigning

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2017, 05:07:54 pm »
Sometimes c*nts are just c*nts - you can spend all day debating these things but in its simplest form, there is an evil in this world whatever label you want to put on it.

Don't get me wrong, hate crimes and the like do happen - but we seem to be pushing the agenda at every given opportunity to cause divide. Whenever an incident happens all the media want to know is the death toll and whether or not the police are classing it as a terrorist incident - it makes me sick.

What worries me is that acid attacks tended to be associated with South Asia, and subsequently South Asian communities within the UK, and related to honour crimes and crimes of passion (often inter-family). Worryingly now any old twat seems to be doing it, and for no other reason than they're scum.

Offline Red_Skippy

• Kopite
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2017, 05:38:14 am »
What really gets up my goat is that it's more often than not only a terror attack when a middle eastern man/woman performs the act yet, when a white man goes on a shooting spree or some such, he's a "lone gunman" with mental health issues.

The media, governments and corporations have us wrapped around their fingers.
I think I love football more than woman...

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2017, 06:33:24 am »
What really gets up my goat is that it's more often than not only a terror attack when a middle eastern man/woman performs the act yet, when a white man goes on a shooting spree or some such, he's a "lone gunman" with mental health issues.

Because 'more often than not' that is the case. It could be argued that all 'terrorists' are mentally I'll, but I don't think that's what you're getting at.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2017, 07:02:45 am »
Because 'more often than not' that is the case. It could be argued that all 'terrorists' are mentally I'll, but I don't think that's what you're getting at.
He's getting at media bias. The thing that tells you what a thing is and why. If you take it in uncritically then you will end up spouting it as truth.

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2017, 07:48:48 am »
He's getting at media bias. The thing that tells you what a thing is and why. If you take it in uncritically then you will end up spouting it as truth.

Its not 'bias' when more often than not its true. The media, governments and corporations don't make it true, the reality makes it true.

People shouting political slogans before stabbing or shooting people are terrorists, people who pick people off using a long range sniper rifles and shooting themselves in the head are not. When the story fleshes out then you can make the definitive clarification, but when its happening you make the call based on available information.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2017, 08:01:25 am »

Well frankly that's a load of unevidenced bollocks. Can you show me where the attackers here are called terrorists?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20202686

Yeah, and it sounds like this poster is taking nonsense articles like the Independent one a page back uncritically, and spouting it as true when it's patently not
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 08:03:21 am by Classycara »

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2017, 08:48:06 am »
I was told by a copper last week that they are trying to push through parliament an act where people will get at least a 2 year sentence for this and once that comes in the sentencing is likely to increase quickly afterwards.

Make of that what you will.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2017, 09:52:59 am »
I was told by a copper last week that they are trying to push through parliament an act where people will get at least a 2 year sentence for this and once that comes in the sentencing is likely to increase quickly afterwards.

Well to be fair that's public domain, so you don't need to take his word alone

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40621303

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2017, 12:29:00 pm »

Minimum 2yr is not enough imo,especially when the maximum is already life.

5yr minimum would be a good place to start
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2017, 01:38:11 pm »
Minimum 2yr is not enough imo,especially when the maximum is already life.

5yr minimum would be a good place to start

I'm in complete agreement with you.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2017, 09:45:15 pm »
Acid attack suspected as men targeted in Bethnal Green

Two men have been targeted in a suspected acid attack in east London, with police, fire and ambulance services at the scene.

The Met Police said the men, thought to be in their late teens, flagged down officers in Bethnal Green.

Both men were taken to hospital. Police said it was still not known what liquid was thrown at them in Roman Road.

Witnesses said at least three fire engines, two ambulances and police responded.

No arrests have been made.

A Met Police spokesman said officers awaited an update on the condition of the two men and inquiries were ongoing, after the incident at 19:00 BST.

He said a crime scene remained in place in the area.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40720437
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 3, 2017, 04:34:40 pm »
Throwing fucking acid in someone face just to steal a fucking moped? Utter fucking c*nts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-41859186
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2017, 06:30:20 pm »
 Arthur Collins jailed for 20 years for Dalston club acid attack
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2017, 03:28:34 pm »

Pleasantly suprised by the length of the sentence . Hope the shithouse coward serves every fuckin day of it , but not likely .

Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2017, 05:14:56 pm »

I wasn't expecting that amount of porridge.  I think his character went against him.  He seems a real shithouse from what I've read.