Author Topic: SM on the QT  (Read 135224 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: SM on the QT
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2017, 01:17:00 am »
Slowly dropping off Google search results now ;)

Still the 5th result
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2017, 07:09:18 am »

Latest version is 3.8.4...

Should have said the EPG is for UM only at the minute, will be released for SM in due course.

Ah. Wondered why I couldn't find it.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2017, 09:49:33 am »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/internet-providers-ordered-ban-you-13391049

More of the same from the arse end of last season. Didn't effect me here in Ireland but I hope the whole thing doesn't go to shit because of it.

They said they've a 'new system' coming for next season so hopefully they might be able to pull something off.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2017, 01:50:02 pm »
wonder when they will start chopping services, hope im not first !

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2017, 04:44:52 pm »
wonder when they will start chopping services, hope im not first !
Sorry, but what do you mean?
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2017, 05:16:49 pm »
Sorry, but what do you mean?
I mean the internet service providers cutting my internet

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2017, 05:58:28 pm »
I mean the internet service providers cutting my internet

why would they do that?

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2017, 06:17:25 pm »
why would they do that?
It's now illegal to view such content is it not? So the ISP has the right to cut your service

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2017, 06:50:18 pm »
Facepalm. Where to start?

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2017, 07:06:30 pm »
ok i read the story again, the servers get banned/blocked, cool.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2017, 10:24:16 pm »
ok i read the story again, the servers get banned/blocked, cool.

it's only if they block the ip of the server, they did it for the last 2/3 months of last season and it had no affect on sm's streams, even if they do block it you might be able to use a vpn to get around it or at worst they have to change address and update the addon

if i had anything to do with sm i'd fuck the facebook group off and take the whole thing underground, they must have enough subscribers now to make a tidy living so be better off keeping them happy instead of running the risk of their streams getting blocked and the less tech savvy users getting pissed off and leaving

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2017, 11:21:37 pm »
it's only if they block the ip of the server, they did it for the last 2/3 months of last season and it had no affect on sm's streams, even if they do block it you might be able to use a vpn to get around it or at worst they have to change address and update the addon

if i had anything to do with sm i'd fuck the facebook group off and take the whole thing underground, they must have enough subscribers now to make a tidy living so be better off keeping them happy instead of running the risk of their streams getting blocked and the less tech savvy users getting pissed off and leaving
thanks mate. i agree with the fb group and am all for going underground.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2017, 05:01:31 pm »
Perfect as ever! 8)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2017, 05:02:15 pm »
Perfect as ever! 8)

What link are you using? Wee bit choppy for me, nothing too major though

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2017, 05:06:56 pm »
What link are you using? Wee bit choppy for me, nothing too major though
On PM :wave

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2017, 05:56:44 pm »
The german coverage is 100%

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2017, 06:28:17 pm »
shite for me on kodi second half.

fine in the browser though.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 06:30:57 pm by BER »

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2017, 06:59:20 pm »
Never been as bad today for some reason. Done all maintenance and turned off router, etc. Speed test showing 28mb usual speed.

All channels constantly buffering. No point asking anything on FB group.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2017, 08:33:05 pm »
My brothers SN HD has stopped working. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the repo, but when I try to open it, it says SN HD error - Check the log for more information. Maybe it's the wrong path for the repo? Does anyone have the correct repo path for SN HD?

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2017, 09:29:30 pm »
Figured the consistent buffering must be something to do with my network. It is constantly buffering on the Kodi app, the .apk and the browser. Other services such as Netflix, etc are streaming in full HD no problem.

I can't imagine my ISP is enforcing some sort of block. My ISP is a small localised provider in regional Ireland. They would hardly roll out blocking on a Sunday anyway?

Can't figure it out. Hopefully it will return to normal tomorrow.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2017, 09:35:55 pm »

Mmm. Tried that, and get exactly the same problem as I had previously. When you go into Calendar, or any other section, there is nothing there.

As with Exodus on the other thread, I've tried different things, but end up with the same problem. He got it from someone that pre installed all this shite with Ares wizard or some bollocks. I have never fucked around with builds. 2 addons. SM and Exodus and that is literally all I use.

Just asked him if he uses any of the other shite that is on his, and he said no. So If I do a complete uninstall of Kodi and add it as if brand new, only adding those 2 add ons, could that possibly make a difference?
« Last Edit: August 1, 2017, 01:51:06 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2017, 09:37:19 pm »
Figured the consistent buffering must be something to do with my network. It is constantly buffering on the Kodi app, the .apk and the browser. Other services such as Netflix, etc are streaming in full HD no problem.

I can't imagine my ISP is enforcing some sort of block. My ISP is a small localised provider in regional Ireland. They would hardly roll out blocking on a Sunday anyway?

Can't figure it out. Hopefully it will return to normal tomorrow.

Mine wasn't great today for the F1. Got maybe 15 minutes at a time before the stream froze and had to go out and back in again

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2017, 09:45:47 pm »
Yeah, tried that one too  :D Couldn't even add that source
Can't help you so. Tedmus is your man I'd bet. Good luck.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2017, 10:18:39 pm »
Re installed Kodi with only those 2 addons. Works now.  :wave

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 1, 2017, 12:43:44 pm »
Anyone know what the score with the sign up for UM is? Been down for a while, and with my usual plethora of options diminished, was hoping to sign up for this before start of season. Can't view twitter/facebook

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: August 1, 2017, 01:53:35 pm »
Please do not post links or makes direct references to services. If someone is asking for help and you need to provide links etc please do this on PM only.

We do not want to be linked with these services nor be a repository.

Cheers

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 1, 2017, 05:05:49 pm »
sorry about that

McSquared have pm'd you in case you still need help

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #67 on: August 1, 2017, 06:33:19 pm »
Apologies, I posted a couple of links above as well.

I've discovered that I'm being throttled by my ISP. Every streaming service works fine apart from SM. Buffering across all platforms. Tried Opera free VPN and it seemed to work fine but it killed the Internet speed. I'm on a steady 30mb connection but connected to the VPN it was down to 3mb...

Anyone any suggestions for a good VPN? One that would leave me with at least half my internet speed and work on several devices?

Such a pain in the arse, never thought this would happen with my ISP as its small enough and we're in Ireland after all, 10 years behind everyone else! Internet wise at least!

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 1, 2017, 06:43:29 pm »

I've discovered that I'm being throttled by my ISP. Every streaming service works fine apart from SM. Buffering across all platforms. Tried Opera free VPN and it seemed to work fine but it killed the Internet speed. I'm on a steady 30mb connection but connected to the VPN it was down to 3mb...

Anyone any suggestions for a good VPN? One that would leave me with at least half my internet speed and work on several devices?

Such a pain in the arse, never thought this would happen with my ISP as its small enough and we're in Ireland after all, 10 years behind everyone else! Internet wise at least!

Pia. You may still get a lower speed but it won't be as substantial and you can choose what country too. Also comes with a killswitch so if your connection drops from the vpn it cuts out completely meaning your viewing won't be....well viewable by your isp

Think they have an app for Android too

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #69 on: August 1, 2017, 06:49:47 pm »
Pia. You may still get a lower speed but it won't be as substantial and you can choose what country too. Also comes with a killswitch so if your connection drops from the vpn it cuts out completely meaning your viewing won't be....well viewable by your isp

Think they have an app for Android too
Cool, thanks for that mate.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: August 1, 2017, 06:52:10 pm »
Cool, thanks for that mate.

No worries. There's quite a few out there to be honest mate an plenty of information available online. This is a paid service by the way.

Offline tedmus

• Bird Assassin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 1, 2017, 08:15:17 pm »
Apologise Titi  :wave

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 1, 2017, 09:18:45 pm »

I use nordvpn. My normal speed is 30mbps and get about 25 from nord. I signed up for their 2 year option, which was about 65 quid I think (search for promotions)

Edit ... https://nordvpn.com/special/2ydeal/?utm_source=aff624&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_term=&utm_content=b14se5kw101&utm_campaign=off18
« Last Edit: August 1, 2017, 09:20:40 pm by McSquared »

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #73 on: August 1, 2017, 11:27:18 pm »
I use nordvpn. My normal speed is 30mbps and get about 25 from nord. I signed up for their 2 year option, which was about 65 quid I think (search for promotions)

Edit ... https://nordvpn.com/special/2ydeal/?utm_source=aff624&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_term=&utm_content=b14se5kw101&utm_campaign=off18
Thanks for this!

Do you fellas recommend installing the VPN on the router? Or just on individual devices? Doing some research here so still learning. Cheers.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 1, 2017, 11:31:38 pm »
Thanks for this!

Do you fellas recommend installing the VPN on the router? Or just on individual devices? Doing some research here so still learning. Cheers.

They have app for iphone/ipad etc and for pc. You can sideload the apk onto a 2nd gen fire tv / stick, or you can install it in kodi or on a router (wrt) as openvpn application. I've installed it under kodi using openvpn manager on a raspberry pi 3

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #75 on: August 1, 2017, 11:36:39 pm »
They have app for iphone/ipad etc and for pc. You can sideload the apk onto a 2nd gen fire tv / stick, or you can install it in kodi or on a router (wrt) as openvpn application. I've installed it under kodi using openvpn manager on a raspberry pi 3
Sounds good. Ive got an Android TV and use android phone/tablet. I would be using the APK on handheld devices, just wondering should I use the APK on my TV also or set it up in Kodi only if possible?? Would prefer to set it up for Kodi only as I don't want any speed taken away from Netflix/YouTube on the TV.

Thanks for the help BTW.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: August 1, 2017, 11:45:36 pm »
This is what use in kodi. Works on Pi at least https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/seo-michael.co.uk/vpn-manager-for-openvpn-openelec-kodi/amp/

Just did a quick test on iphone app and this is what i got tonight connected to uk vpn server

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: August 1, 2017, 11:48:47 pm »
Might not work for android kodi though ...

https://thevpn.guru/install-zomboided-kodi-17-vpn-addon

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 1, 2017, 11:52:56 pm »
Anywayz, you could get a 3 day trial of nord to test it out, which is what i did, then i signed up on the 72% discount after i was happy testing it on footie and exod... etc

https://nordvpn.com/free-trial/

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #79 on: August 2, 2017, 07:57:58 pm »
Calendar not updated today for everyone else?