Author Topic: SM on the QT  (Read 135844 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: SM on the QT
« Reply #1160 on: December 3, 2017, 09:16:53 pm »
Thanks for the replies earlier guys. My brother in Law has now subscribed himself to Fl**less and I've set him up on my old box - which he is now keeping  :)

Which means I'm now in the market for another box and hopeful of any recommendations. I'd love a Shield but cant reeeaaally justify the price as I've no need to be playing games on it but want the 4K HDR option. I'd like something that has an Ethernet connector with Gigabit speed and easy enough to connect a wireless mouse/keyboard to. I need the option to use a VPN on it too. I have a Fire TV upstairs which is great really but has no Ethernet connection.

Any options appreciated as I'm just going round in circles with all the "Best of 2017" reviews - and most of them have the Shield as the best option.

Edit: Looking at the Beelink GT1 now

If you don't want 4k then I would get a Fire stick mate,I only ever use my box for 4k and it spends ost of its time just gathering dust.A shield would be a waste of money if it was just for streaming.

Oh and Amazon now do an Ethernet adapter for the stick,£14 but the sticks wifi is so good that I've never been tempted to get one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Ethernet-Adaptor-Remote-models/dp/B01LXP5TXI
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #1161 on: December 3, 2017, 09:18:16 pm »
Got Floorless on. Zgemma H5.2s with no vpn. Couldn’t watch Chelsea game due to block. ISP is Sly Fibre. Try’s it this weekend and no problems watching all the weekends games this weekend still with no VPN

VPN isn't a bad idea but this so called "blocking" is more to do with overloaded servers

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1162 on: December 3, 2017, 09:20:37 pm »
VPN isn't a bad idea but this so called "blocking" is more to do with overloaded servers

Not true.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1163 on: December 3, 2017, 09:22:49 pm »
is your pop ups blocked? check that
Your a genius Robbie, disabled add blocker and works great, thanks
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1164 on: December 3, 2017, 10:48:24 pm »
Was reading their Facebook page last week and they were confident they would resolve any blocking issues this weekend and looks like they managed it

They haven't. I wasn't able to watch a premier league game all weekend on it.

I was able to watch other things, but no sky or BT channels worked when premier league games were on.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1165 on: December 3, 2017, 11:10:27 pm »
They haven't. I wasn't able to watch a premier league game all weekend on it.

I was able to watch other things, but no sky or BT channels worked when premier league games were on.
Ah right cheers, seems like they can't resolve the issue then but have moved the non-PL stuff to different servers which isn't blocked.

Glad I didn't subscribe to them, had a trial a while back but wasn't that impressed with the Kodi interface so didn't bother renewing
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #1166 on: December 4, 2017, 07:41:20 am »
Not true.

For sure,any isp can block a specific client if they suspect illegal streaming but when the service goes off for everyone in the middle of the game and comes back on later?? I would have thought that any blocking would be more permanent.  On FL saturday it didn't make any difference whether my vpn was on or off, buffering a little at the start of our game but then was perfect.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1167 on: December 4, 2017, 04:04:23 pm »
For sure,any isp can block a specific client if they suspect illegal streaming but when the service goes off for everyone in the middle of the game and comes back on later?? I would have thought that any blocking would be more permanent.  On FL saturday it didn't make any difference whether my vpn was on or off, buffering a little at the start of our game but then was perfect.

They can block it on the server side & then all the supplier has to do is get another server.It happened two weeks on the trot with the folks I am with & the buggers always wait just until the game starts or at half time of the early fixture.ISP blocks are as you say easy to get around with a vpn but the way it is going people are going to need one just so that they don't run foul of the law.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1168 on: December 13, 2017, 07:27:02 pm »
Seems F...less have found a way around the block. No VPN and working here for me. Say on Twitter is isn't needed either.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1169 on: December 13, 2017, 08:02:00 pm »
Seems F...less have found a way around the block. No VPN and working here for me. Say on Twitter is isn't needed either.
It usually works for me before the televised matches kick off, but the second they do everything goes down. Same again today.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1170 on: December 13, 2017, 08:03:12 pm »
It usually works for me before the televised matches kick off, but the second they do everything goes down. Same again today.

ive just turned off VPN and its working
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1171 on: December 13, 2017, 08:04:07 pm »
i cant get it to work through kodi or from the website. VPN or not

Now saying Maintenance: Temporarily down while we catch up on tickets
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:07:28 pm by blert596 »
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1172 on: December 13, 2017, 08:04:58 pm »
i cant get it to work through kodi or from the website. VPN or not

I'm using Perfect Player

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1173 on: December 13, 2017, 08:06:39 pm »
ive just turned off VPN and its working
Nothing working for me :/

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #1174 on: December 13, 2017, 08:07:30 pm »
Nothing working for me :/

As said above am on Perfect player on Amazon Fire tv box

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1175 on: December 16, 2017, 12:32:01 pm »
It does look like the one without a Flaw has got around the blocks. Working fine for me today without a VPN.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1176 on: December 16, 2017, 04:50:36 pm »
It does look like the one without a Flaw has got around the blocks. Working fine for me today without a VPN.

Yup...same here today.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: December 16, 2017, 08:55:22 pm »
Weird how they were able to do it in a week or so when SM weren't able to do since April

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1178 on: December 17, 2017, 08:37:24 am »
I have a bit of an issue with Fless when I watch live football. The sound goes out of sync and the comms are a second or so ahead of the picture. I'm using their recommended GSE app on my Apple TV. I'm thinking maybe that extra step from that box to the tv might be an issue? Maybe if I install it directly on the TV it works better?

Or maybe if I switch apps to the MRmC or whatever it's called. Some people on here have said that it works better than GSE.

Has anyone else had these issues?

Any ideas lads?

edit: Are there other apps I can use? I've seen some mention Perfect Player etc. Or maybe I can download en external player and change player in the GSE app settings?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 08:54:11 am by Willie Groundskeeper & the Chocolate Advent Calendar Factory »
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: December 17, 2017, 10:46:32 am »
I decided to try the MrMC app, but I have no idea how to add Fless on it. What to type where. Can anyone using be so kind to give me a step by step? Here or PM.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1180 on: December 17, 2017, 11:57:56 am »
I figured it out. ;D
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1181 on: December 17, 2017, 05:45:20 pm »
HD channels have started to shit themselves in the second half here

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: December 17, 2017, 06:58:42 pm »
Fless worked like a charm on MrMC. No sound issues at all. Superior to GSE. Only thing I have to work out is how to get the EPG working.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1183 on: December 18, 2017, 10:37:06 pm »
I have a bit of an issue with Fless when I watch live football. The sound goes out of sync and the comms are a second or so ahead of the picture. I'm using their recommended GSE app on my Apple TV. I'm thinking maybe that extra step from that box to the tv might be an issue? Maybe if I install it directly on the TV it works better?

Or maybe if I switch apps to the MRmC or whatever it's called. Some people on here have said that it works better than GSE.

Has anyone else had these issues?

Any ideas lads?

edit: Are there other apps I can use? I've seen some mention Perfect Player etc. Or maybe I can download en external player and change player in the GSE app settings?
GSE app does the same thing to me when watching HD channels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1184 on: December 19, 2017, 02:20:28 pm »
GSE app does the same thing to me when watching HD channels

Switch to the MrMC app instead. It worked beautifully last weekend.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline cmulls5

• Kopite
« Reply #1185 on: December 23, 2017, 12:11:49 am »
My SM sub is nearly up. Never had a problem and  want to get a new sub but with bitcoin the only option, is there a better option out there?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: December 23, 2017, 12:52:11 am »
My SM sub is nearly up. Never had a problem and  want to get a new sub but with bitcoin the only option, is there a better option out there?

Check your messages mate.

Offline cmulls5

• Kopite
« Reply #1187 on: December 23, 2017, 01:00:47 am »

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1188 on: December 23, 2017, 11:58:33 am »
Is Fless actually working for anyone through KODI? Stuttering streams every time for me. Thank Christ for Newssource.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1189 on: December 23, 2017, 02:30:43 pm »
Is Fless actually working for anyone through KODI? Stuttering streams every time for me. Thank Christ for Newssource.

Yes perfect with a VPN.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1190 on: December 23, 2017, 04:13:10 pm »
Check your messages mate.
Have they changed the Kodi repo with GE? It wouldn't load for me earlier at all, my backup sub is working fine though

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1191 on: December 23, 2017, 04:19:57 pm »
Have they changed the Kodi repo with GE? It wouldn't load for me earlier at all, my backup sub is working fine though

They've been updating the servers,when I just started Kodi the Repo and add-on both updated.Maybe try forcing the repo update by installing zip again.

My repo is 1.2 and GE addon v2.4 and it is working fine without VPN.

They have even put back the Christmas offer until everything is done and said it should go live (offer) later tonight.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1192 on: December 23, 2017, 04:44:52 pm »
Cheers will try that at the end of the 3pms, need it for the NFL later!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: December 23, 2017, 05:05:39 pm »
Cheers will try that at the end of the 3pms, need it for the NFL later!

They have added loads more 1080p,every 3pm also had a 1080p option as well.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1194 on: December 23, 2017, 05:13:11 pm »
They have added loads more 1080p,every 3pm also had a 1080p option as well.
thanks the update sorted it, not sure why it hadn't auto-updated though as had that feature enabled!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1195 on: December 23, 2017, 05:33:18 pm »
thanks the update sorted it, not sure why it hadn't auto-updated though as had that feature enabled!

Depends how often your kodi checks,I have force updates set up on mine so it checks everytime I start it up.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1196 on: December 25, 2017, 01:36:51 pm »
Got fless 48hr pass. Using it on the Xbox one atm. Seems to be running okay but guess I'll see tomorrow.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1197 on: December 25, 2017, 11:05:59 pm »
What app are you running it on?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1198 on: December 26, 2017, 08:16:07 am »

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: December 26, 2017, 10:50:02 am »
For FL does anyone where to get the android APK? The link in the into email doesn't work

Edit: found it on aptoide
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 11:08:35 am by Craig S »