Author Topic: New laws being considered.  (Read 10876 times)

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
New laws being considered.
« on: June 17, 2017, 06:53:50 pm »
Yes here we go boys and girls. More tampering being looked at. Some of it is just ridiculousness of the highest order.

A proposal to scrap 45-minute halves is to be looked at by football's lawmakers to deter time-wasting.

Instead, there could be two periods of 30 minutes with the clock stopped whenever the ball goes out of play.

Lawmaking body the International Football Association Board (Ifab) says matches only see about 60 minutes of "effective playing time" out of 90.

The idea is one of several put forward in a new strategy document designed to address football's "negativities".

Another proposal would see players not being allowed to follow up and score if a penalty is saved - if the spot-kick "is not successful", play would stop and a goal-kick awarded.

Other ideas include a stadium clock linked to a referee's watch and a new rule allowing players to effectively pass to themselves or dribble the ball when taking a free-kick.

Where have these proposals come from?

The ideas have been put forward to Ifab by stakeholders in the game to tackle "on-field issues" and form part of what it calls its "Play Fair strategy", which has three aims of:

improving player behaviour and increasing respect
increasing playing time
increasing fairness and attractiveness
Part of the problem the new document highlights is that a 90-minute match has fewer than 60 minutes of playing time because of stoppages and time-wasting.

Which plans need no law changes?

The document has put forward a number of radical ideas for discussion, but suggests some proposals can be implemented immediately without the need for law changes.

Most of these apply to trying to combat time-wasting. The document says match officials should be stricter on the rule which allows keepers to hold the ball for six seconds and be more stringent when calculating additional time.

Additionally, it suggests match officials stop their watch:

from a penalty being awarded to the spot-kick being taken
from a goal being scored until the match resumes from the kick-off
from asking an injured player if he requires treatment to play restarting
from the referee showing a yellow or red card to play resuming
from the signal of a substitution to play restarting
from a referee starting to pace a free-kick to when it is taken
Which plans are ready for testing?

Some of the proposals are already being tested. The idea of only allowing captains to speak to referees - to prevent match officials being mobbed - will be trialled at this summer's Confederations Cup, which starts on Saturday.

Another proposal involves changing the order of kick-taking in penalty shoot-outs, known as 'ABBA'. It is similar to a tie-break in tennis, with team A taking the first kick, then team B taking two, then team A taking two. That is a change from the traditional 'team A, team B, team A, team B' pattern.

New suggestions also include players who are being substituted leaving at the closest part of the touchline to them instead of at the halfway line.

Which ideas are up for discussion?

This is where it gets interesting. One of the proposals would allow being able to dribble straight from a free-kick to "encourage attacking play as the player who is fouled can stop the ball and then immediately continue their dribble/attacking move". Other measures include:

passing to yourself at a free-kick, corner and goal-kick
a stadium clock which stops and starts along with the referee's watch
allowing the goal-kick to be taken even if the ball is moving
a goal-kick being taken on the same side that the ball went out on
a "clearer and more consistent definition" of handball
a player who scores a goal or stops a goal with his hands gets a red card
a keeper who handles a backpass or throw-in from a team-mate concedes a penalty
the referee can award a goal if a player stops a goal being scored by handling on or close to the goal-line
referees can only blow for half-time or full-time when the ball goes out of play
a penalty kick is either scored or missed/saved and players cannot follow up to score to stop encroachment into the penalty area
Who has come up with these proposals?

Ifab is made up of Fifa and the four British home football associations - of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland - and is responsible for making the final decision on law changes.

Former English referee David Elleray is Ifab's technical director and has overseen the document.

"Referees, players, coaches and fans all agree that improving player behaviour and respect for all participants and especially match officials, increasing playing time and the game's fairness and attractiveness must be football's main priority," he said.

The next stage would involve the ideas being discussed at various meetings before decisions are taken on whether to develop them further or discard them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40311889?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
Re: New laws being considered.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 06:56:43 pm »
And the answer is B, no.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 06:59:43 pm »
And the answer is B, no.

I bloody hope not mate, most of it is just pish. Though as a fan of Pen shootouts I wouldnt mind that system they had in the 90's, in American soccer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRITqS6WEn0

We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 07:03:45 pm »
Has Van Basten been on the wacky backy again?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 07:06:10 pm »
I bloody hope not mate, most of it is just pish. Though as a fan of Pen shootouts I wouldnt mind that system they had in the 90's, in American soccer.

I wish they would just run two shootouts simultaneously, one at each end of the pitch and have all 10 outfield players taking kicks, that would generally be more than enough to sort out the result and would remove the one guy losing the whole thing factor.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2017, 07:31:32 pm »
I wish they would just run two shootouts simultaneously, one at each end of the pitch and have all 10 outfield players taking kicks, that would generally be more than enough to sort out the result and would remove the one guy losing the whole thing factor.

Hahaha now thats a bit mad, but I like it :D

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2017, 07:32:53 pm »

:lmao :lmao

That's class.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2017, 07:33:37 pm »
:lmao :lmao

That's class.

Isnt it just. Imagine so of the fun that could be had with that way of doing it :D

Online Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2017, 07:38:52 pm »
Isnt it just. Imagine so of the fun that could be had with that way of doing it :D

We'd be fucked, Mignolet would never come off his line :D

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2017, 07:40:56 pm »
While I disagree with most of the things mentioned, there are a couple of fair points there

allowing the goal-kick to be taken even if the ball is moving
a "clearer and more consistent definition" of handball

Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion. I would even argue that players could take free kicks on their side of the pitch even if the ball is moving or not in the same place where the foul was committed, just to remove some of the downtime in football...

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 07:46:17 pm »
I like the clock being stopped idea.  Would mean the end of time wasting forvever.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 07:46:29 pm »
While I disagree with most of the things mentioned, there are a couple of fair points there

Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion. I would even argue that players could take free kicks on their side of the pitch even if the ball is moving or not in the same place where the foul was committed, just to remove some of the downtime in football...

I'd rather there were less free kicks in the first place by somehow stopping grown men falling over if their socks are brushed.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 10:33:44 pm »
I like the clock being stopped idea.  Would mean the end of time wasting forvever.

I've been saying this for ages, both codes of Rugby have a timekeeper in the stands who stops the clock for stoppages, the same clock is on the scoreboard & TV so everyone knows how long is left, you none of this where did the extra 5 minutes come from ecc.

The penalty one is ridiculous, rebounds are part of the game, imagine Istanbul with Alonso's rebound being disallowed.
#Sausages

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2017, 10:42:25 pm »
The games only been played about 150 fucking years .... I know, lets randomly change the fucking rules on a whim .... yes that will be good.

Corporate wankers  :no

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 10:51:48 pm »
So, because of timewasting, matches typically only 'really' last 60 mins.

The proposed solution is to shorten matches to 60 mins, and stop the clock. So really, nothing changes, and the timewasters succeed in getting the rules changed to suit them.

Better idea would surely be to extend games to 120 mins, unless I'm missing something?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2017, 10:57:05 pm »

:D

Looks like they followed the ice hockey model, where they start from half way and can make any moves apart from backwards, towards the goalie before taking a shot from wherever they want.

As for all them suggestions. Even though the 30 min halves one is a bit mad, I do think more needs to be done regards time wasting. Just adding 1 min end of the first half and 3 / 4 mins the end of the 2nd half doesn't cover half of it. But I guess you have to draw a line, if you don't go with the stopping clock idea.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2017, 11:09:16 pm »
I'd like to know who these "stakeholders" are?  Sponsors?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2017, 11:22:23 pm »
We'd be fucked, Mignolet would never come off his line :D

Hahahaha

The penalty one is ridiculous, rebounds are part of the game, imagine Istanbul with Alonso's rebound being disallowed.
[/quote]

Absolutely!

The games only been played about 150 fucking years .... I know, lets randomly change the fucking rules on a whim .... yes that will be good.

:thumbup

Looks like they followed the ice hockey model, where they start from half way and can make any moves apart from backwards, towards the goalie before taking a shot from wherever they want.

Yup, I like it :D
I'd like to know who these "stakeholders" are?  Sponsors?

Without a doubt ;)

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2017, 12:02:59 am »
So, because of timewasting, matches typically only 'really' last 60 mins.

The proposed solution is to shorten matches to 60 mins, and stop the clock. So really, nothing changes, and the timewasters succeed in getting the rules changed to suit them.

Better idea would surely be to extend games to 120 mins, unless I'm missing something?

Yep, you are. Matches don't last 60 minutes "because of time- wasting" like you say. That's how long a typical match lasts.

"Time wasters succeed in getting the rules changed to suit them"? Wtf do you mean!?!

The whole point is that we get around the same amount of game time but time-wasting is now obsolete.

We no longer have referees adding random amounts of time and stopping the game "when they feel like it".

A look at the time keeping is well overdue, whatever the solution. For the biggest sport in the world, the current method is a joke.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 12:06:00 am by Frizzo »

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 12:07:47 am »
I've been saying this for ages, both codes of Rugby have a timekeeper in the stands who stops the clock for stoppages, the same clock is on the scoreboard & TV so everyone knows how long is left, you none of this where did the extra 5 minutes come from ecc.

I agree, it baffles me that football lags behind in this.  A mic'd up ref says when time is stopped and everyone knows how long we have left.  I'd like to see refs fully mic'd up in any case.  It stops intimidation if nothing else.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2017, 12:53:59 am »
"the referee can award a goal if a player stops a goal being scored by handling on or close to the goal-line"
That's the only one that makes sense and actually would go some to improving the game's fairness.

The rest are up there with the ideas they had in the US, namely the "kick ins" rather than throw ins, and the hockey type penalties rather than the normal penalties.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Online Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2017, 01:02:11 am »
"the referee can award a goal if a player stops a goal being scored by handling on or close to the goal-line"
That's the only one that makes sense and actually would go some to improving the game's fairness.

The rest are up there with the ideas they had in the US, namely the "kick ins" rather than throw ins, and the hockey type penalties rather than the normal penalties.

A little bit like goaltending in basketball? I would be all for that.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2017, 01:19:17 am »
So basically, we only get 60 minutes of action and that's a bad thing but they want to make sure we still get that very same 60 minutes of action by reducing the game to 60 minutes? :o

It's SUPPOSED to be a 90 minute game! Use the stopping of the clock but there's no need to reduce the timing.

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2017, 01:31:28 am »
So basically, we only get 60 minutes of action and that's a bad thing but they want to make sure we still get that very same 60 minutes of action by reducing the game to 60 minutes? :o

It's SUPPOSED to be a 90 minute game! Use the stopping of the clock but there's no need to reduce the timing.

Agreed. That list of situations where the clock should be stopped doesn't even include the ball going out of play, when aside from players faking injuries the biggest chunk of timewasting surely comes from players taking millennia to take goal kicks/throw ins. What's stoppage time for, anyway? Be harsher on timewasting, sure, but not by, er, reducing the length of matches...

Offline Frizzo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2017, 02:53:45 am »

No one is saying that getting 60 minutes of play is a bad thing.

It's baffling how many of you are misunderstanding this.

A 90 minute game with proper clock stoppages would go for 135 minutes.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2017, 03:00:41 am »

Yup a lot of it is bollocks, but that I agree with. Like v the Ev 10 years back when Lucas' shot was handleed on the line by Phil Neville. Yes Kuyt put away the very pressured pen in the dying mins, but it take away the chance for it to be missed.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2017, 05:22:48 am »
As an NFL fan, please let me assure you that clock stoppages etc are bad ideas.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Frizzo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2017, 05:29:05 am »
As an NFL fan, please let me assure you that clock stoppages etc are bad ideas.

What? Why?

It's not extending the game. Players will still be given the same amount of time to restart pay.

Offline Lucaspool FC

• Kopite
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2017, 07:09:47 am »
If 60 minutes of action is what we are getting today then clock stoppages would not be a bad thing. We would all know how much is left of the game instead of having the ref decide that. The clock is very precise, the ref is not.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2017, 07:49:20 am »

Give the player who took the original shot a penalty with no one on the goal line. That way they get to actually score the goal.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2017, 08:33:53 am »
Stopping the clock one would be funny, it would force c*nts like shit coat to think about trying to play actual football.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2017, 08:47:55 am »
Some of the time wasting is probably necessary for recovery, especially at the speed the game is played these days.

Most of these ideas are bonkers, though I do like the ref only ending the game/half when the ball is out of play and the stadium clock being synced with the ref's watch.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2017, 09:23:26 am »
Give the player who took the original shot a penalty with no one on the goal line. That way they get to actually score the goal.

No guarantee of scoring a pen, guaranteed of a goal if a player doesn't handle it on the line though.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2017, 09:54:26 am »
No one is saying that getting 60 minutes of play is a bad thing.

It's baffling how many of you are misunderstanding this.

A 90 minute game with proper clock stoppages would go for 135 minutes.

Well they are because a vast majority of comments that I've seen have been negative.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2017, 10:03:07 am »
30-minute halves? No no no.

Perhaps stopping the clock during goal celebrations and substitutions would be okay with me but not creating a completely new sport.
Linudden.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2017, 10:10:32 am »

Well quite a few rules have changed in the 150 years, don't see why we should accept this current format as the best one there will ever be.

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2017, 10:20:02 am »
One of the proposals would allow being able to dribble straight from a free-kick to "encourage attacking play as the player who is fouled can stop the ball and then immediately continue their dribble/attacking move

This sounds like a good idea.  Adds an extra dimension to the game, and surely favours attacking, skilful players and hinders cheats and hoof merchants.

Also,

players who are being substituted leaving at the closest part of the touchline to them instead of at the halfway line.

Fucking sick of watching dickheads slowly walking off the pitch at 1-0 with 5 left to play clapping the fans.  Get the fuck off the pitch.

You guys are so conservative, football isn't perfect, it probably shouldn't be placed in aspic.  When I look back at the odd game from when I was kid, it's all passing back to the keeper and kicking the fuck out of the skilful players.  But I remember when they introduced the back pass rule everyone, myself included, thought it was absurd.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2017, 10:21:12 am »
I bet I could easily find 50 games last season that contained more than 30 minutes of gameplay using the directions they've laid out.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2017, 11:21:47 am »
What? Why?

It's not extending the game. Players will still be given the same amount of time to restart pay.

Because once the clock has stopped, it is a short step to a mandatory minimum time before it can restart, and you open the door to mid game ads.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2017, 11:37:03 am »
Well quite a few rules have changed in the 150 years, don't see why we should accept this current format as the best one there will ever be.

Yeah over the whole 150 year period.

Back pass rule - good
Offsides - Now a mess
Kick off Square - whose bothered either way?
Goal line technology - good

Now these idiots are throwing about 10 potential changes in at once? If these are accepted it will set a precedent of them being able to change stuff regularly.

Who can forget the USA wanting the goals making bigger in the '94 World Cup for more goals.... Stupid rule changes like that will be common place.